Why do they feel so strongly about this?

Pic related was a shit show, and it causes people to defend it rather than admit they wasted years on this garbage.

Why?

you know that scene in watchmen when the hag reminisces about being raped? similar situation

This is probably just bait but you're completely right.

Lost is proof that Sup Forums never had good taste.

I don't see the connection at all.
Watchmen was good th throughout, Lost was only good for the first 1/3 of the series.

>wasted years

18 hours a year isn't really much

I mean the viewers got raped but it wasnt that bad in retrospect

I think people feel strongly about it because they really believed the L O S T creators had some grand narrative when the truth was that they made shit up as they went along. It's like watching a painting of the Mona Lisa being made only for it to switch half way through to a picture of Orange.

it may be shit, but its still comfy to watch

>wasted years on this garbage
because if it were better it wouldn't have been wasted time?
pretty much everything you waste your day away with (e.g. shitposting, or any kind of entertainment) is wasted time, mate.

it was fucking horrible.

>how poorfags think

Sup Forums was actually good when it was on.

Lost livethreads were full of lostbashing and it was glorious.

It was the ultimate two minutes hate. The only memes which survived are acerbic and sarcastic but few people get that now.

Hating lost was the best time in Sup Forums history. The only collective hatred we currently have is mostly suited to another board, which coincidentally is now the most fun board on Sup Forums

Because it is actually one of the best shows ever and ushered in the golden era of TV.

yeah but compared to the trash on nowadays not so much

It's a nice show, with a horrible ending

it was a cultural phenomenon and paved the way for shitty shows like breaking bad to use cliffhangers every episode. at least the characters in lost were mostly great. first 2 seasons hold up

0/10. The sopranos ushered in golden age tv not your shitty lost series

No it's pretty bad. I'm still trying to figure out the exact point in which it all went to shit.

I'm thinking maybe the flash sideways or when Jack first kissed Kate

lost was a financial success, sopranos wasn't

>b-but the critical acclaim
nobody but critics and autists care about this kind of shit

From season two onwards it's pure garbage.

season 2 because of the writers strike, though it became more obvious in s3/s4

is there any nudity in it?

Really? Because my favorite seasons are 3 and 4 (maybe 5 but too much time travel)...

Get the fuck off my board you contrarian fucks. L O S T is KINO, and the ending was wonderful, despite all the autistic screeching from idiots that claimed everything was purgatory.

>too much time travel

Time travel is actually my favorite TV trope, and I hated that season. Not a good sign.

it wasn't?

No, the island is like something that keeps hell in its place. And distils electromagnetism.

I guess youre too retarded to figure this out so I'll spell it out for you.
>people who watched it live: built up millions of expectations and theories. hated it.
>people who binge watch it: no expectations, pure immersion.
love it.
its fucking telekino get over it.

> keeps hell in its place

What the fuck are you talking about it's purgatory. People even leave and get some move on to the next life you see that in the show.

did you watch it live or binge it?

I just watched the explanation from Jacob with the old wine bottle and the cork. Do you remember that?

I think he was implying his brother was the wine, not hell.

>Jacob uses a bottle of wine as a metaphor for the Island. The wine is evil, malevolence; the bottle is containing it because otherwise "it would spread". He explains that the cork represents the Island, holding the darkness where it belongs. Jacob says that the Man in Black believes everyone can be corrupted because it is in their nature to be bad and that he, Jacob, brings people here to prove the Man in Black wrong...

I interpreted the man in black being that evil and malevolence. but whatever

>thinks the ending was good
>remembers LOST fondly in 2017

i'm afraid you're the contrarian here friend.

Easily best show that has ever been or ever will be.

You must be confusing season 6 with the entire show. If you don't think season 1-4 is a masterpiece, kill yourself.

X files is still good even though it's clear they weren't really going anywhere specific other than dude aliens lmao.

What's the problem? Not slow enough for you? Too much happening? I bet you think Westworld and Better Call Saul are great shows.

Underage. Sopranos beat out network shows in ratings at a time when they were a literally who cable channel. It was their second most successful show of all time behind GoT.

I lol'd

It seemed evident during the second season the writers had no clue where the show was supposed to got and were flying by the seat of their pants. Some of the performances were enjoyable

Not only was the island purgatory but viewers were saying that after the fucking first episode aired. I remember specifically that the actors would go on talk shows and be asked that question and they would always laugh it off with "no we're not all dead, don't be silly!" The the show gets a set ending season, so the writers can claim they're not just making shit up as they go along in order to milk the audience for years. Then in the final fucking episode, big surprise! They're all fucking dead and finally moving on because they were in purgatory the entire goddamned time. I swear to God, I would literally kill those writers if I had a chance for being such hack frauds..

>Not only was the island purgatory

It wasn't. Why do so many people think this?

The fucking show got it's title from Amazing Grace! How the fuck do you people defend it as anything but a religious allegory?

> but muh scifi that didn't mean shit in the end because they ended it the way they always intended

"Amazing Grace"

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed!

Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

When we've been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we'd first begun.

Seriously. You DUMB FUCKS. The flash sideways in Season 6 was the only "purgatory." Everything that happened on the island happened, YOU DUMB FUCKS

Everything on the island happened and it didn't make a damn bit of difference in the end because they ignored all that shit and went for the "they're all dead and moving on now" ending that they denied was coming the entire fucking time.

it was a long con

>thinks Lost was awful
>thinks Watchmen was good

That is how we spot a pleb

Has there been a long series with a plot revolving around a big mystery that didn't go to shit in later seasons like X-Files or Lost?

thx reddit

This fucking show traumatized me for years.

I was a rabid fan. People were telling me this shit makes no sense, but it was like a religion to me.

I had FAITH that they have an overarching storyline, some kind of plan, it all tying together in a majestic way.

During last season I was still in denial. Each episode was brining THE END closer, and it was becoming more and more obvious nothing is going to make sense.

I was like
>OK, they still have a whole season to tie it up
>OK, they still have like 10 episodes to tie it up
>HMM, they bring in NEW MYSTERIES
>OK, 2 hour finale to make it work

In retrospect, I knew deep down that I was wrong. I realized that I was fooled for 6 years, that I made a fool out of myself arguing otherwise, that all my beliefs were wrong, all podcasts were lies, NO THEORY is ever going to be right.

But I still clinged to it, in some blind hope that it would somehow resolve it all.

It's hard to admit that you were fucking 100% wrong and that your favourite show is just pure shit. It's just hard.

I'm imagining there are still people who are in denial, and I still meet them online from time to time.

tl;dr
this 100%

this is correct.

agreed.

The last season was completely shit. But that doesn't change the fact that the rest was an enjoyable ride.

>It's a Michael episode