How come de gea is considered the best in the world when this guy has 1 less clean sheet and conceded 3 less in the...

how come de gea is considered the best in the world when this guy has 1 less clean sheet and conceded 3 less in the same amount of games? surely the title of best in the world is up for debate right?

Attached: p121160.png (500x500, 378K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pnvCIdT4AJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=O59_q0MXmQI
twitter.com/colintrainor
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

for its facial features?

city's defence is better and de gea isn't considered unanimously the best

>playing in the """"premier"""" league
Neither are relevant, t.b.h.

Ederson is the better distributor >de gay is the better shotstopper

If no one else is going to say it, I will.

Racism, pure and simple.

Who is considered better than De Gea? I'd say he is most people's first choice

City concede the least amount of shots in the league. De Gea has faced like 80 more shots on target

All the other choices, Neuer etc play for teams with much better defences than United have. De Gea has Chris Smalling in front of him

Neuer, easy

Oblak

Could De Gea do what Ederson does if he had Pep as manager? I'm pretty sure Ederson wouldn't be able to stop shots like De Gea.

genuine question, ederson has like 31 more "sweeper clearances" than de gea. why wouldn't you treat these as equal to saves? am i misunderstanding what a sweeper clearance is?

>muh stats

*checks flag*
Aye.

it's okay to admit you don't know the answer

Obvious choice but he has been out for so long he has to prove himself again. Can't call him the GOAT forever if he never plays

Same deal with Ederson. He plays behind a much better defence. Anyways most people don't say he is better than De Gea

I didn't even read the question lmao

>he has been out for so long he has to prove himself again
this is what i fear about regarding the upcoming world cup

this

also this

I say he's better than de Gea

no
Buffon is the most consistent keeper and GOAT tier

Attached: laughing nico.jpg (600x400, 26K)

ederson has better tattoos. the tattoos mesmerize attackers. they can't take clean shots.

>le concede 4 out of 5 shots man

tite thinks alisson is better than ederson
*kanye shrug*

Shot stopping is all just luck. Yeah there's positioning but when it comes to getting a leg or arm to the ball to block it at close range, there is no difference between Mignolet and >de gay. Prove me wrong fags.

you're an American, your posts are invalid

Attached: gimi.gif (380x254, 930K)

Ederson started as a field player and was a decent passer since then.

Um sweetie Oblak and Ter Stegen are better.

says who?

To be fair, you people love using "my stats" when it suits your argument so you can't blame him for using it.

>Ederson plays behind a much better defence
Funny how everyone says that now when before it was the opposite. Reminds me of how shitstains like Keys and Andy Gray suggest the PL is just poor instead of taking the lube and accepting City are just that much better.

So? When he was signed everyone was laughing at the "meme keeper"

Attached: MOUYES.png (1366x768, 106K)

by the logic of some posters itt, the best keeper can almost never be on the best team in the league because he will always be bailed out by a title winning defense.

Exactly, he was a meme keeper that improved some of his goalkeeping abilities. He always had the ball control in him.

I miss the times when goalkeepers were cool.

Attached: 12578.jpg (600x400, 168K)

It's bias, most people choose keepers from popular teams and poonited have a massive bandwagon on this board. De Gea is clearly world class but he does play in a team where he always has defenders cleaning up most things due to mou's style of play

Yea but City don’t park the bus.

What a shitshow these posts are.

Attached: IMG_4277.png (1280x674, 29K)

Just like your national team

I am a united fan too, girl!
youtube.com/watch?v=pnvCIdT4AJ4

Anyone who isn't an American or Manure customer

now that i think about it, i'm not sure britbongs actually know anything about this semen slurping sport. i don't think i've ever seen one post any actual content to a soccer thread outside of flag bashing.

Buffon and Neuer

youtube.com/watch?v=O59_q0MXmQI

Oblak is underrated tbqh

I will never forgive him for not even moving in the penalty shootout vs halal
Might as well have put me in net, fucking dirtbag

you now remember cortois

Attached: GettyImages-826965706.jpg (1024x695, 122K)

cause de gay is the only good player in united, without him they are newcastle tier

no they are not

Ederson has been pep's best buy by a long distance and probably should get in the league team of the season ahead of de gea but he won't get any respect here lad, you're wasting your time.

>muh stats

fuck he used to be great total mental midget though

Top 4 in order
Oblak
Neuer
De Gea
Ederson

De Gea is not fucking better than Ter Stegen and I'm not even a Barça fan. Mourinho parks the bus yet De Gea concedes a lot, how do De Gea apologists coincile their flawed perception with such a reality?

>actively and publicly courts real madrid
>form dips
>reeee chelsea give me a new contract to prove your loyalty reeeee

mou parks the bus with hundreds of millions of pounds worth of shit players you dolt

de gea is literally the only good player

because football is a team sport

>Oblak
Atlletico literally have the best defense line in the world. He faces less shots, but his reactions are remarkably good.
>Neuer
He can be considered as the best in the world, but he's been out with injuries for over a quarter an year now, so he's probably off the form right now.
>De Gea
Best shot stopper of all four, would hardly concede at all if had a defence line like Bayern or Atletico instead of Smalling and Jones in front of him.
>Ederson
Good goalkeeper, excellent distribution, but his clean sheets come due to Pep's system. He hardly faces any shots on goal.
>Ter Stegan
He's like a watered down version of Neuer. He has good reflexes, good distribution and is good with his feet. But he also makes a few mistakes now and then.

Alisson is better

>de gay

Attached: best in the world la.png (663x863, 124K)

The state of this thread.

De Gea is arguably better than Messi as a footballer and should have won at least 2 Ballon Dors. Unquestionably the best in the world and arguably the GOAT goalkeeper.

Also he's been the best in the world for 4 years now. You guys are just a little slow or a little too ABU biased.

It'll be decades before we witness a keeper this good.

Buffon? Neuer? Lmfao are you fucking serious?

Finally, someone has the courage to say it out loud

he looks like a murderer/rapist/pedophile

because he's 6ix9ine

>Americoons

Saw this thread in the catalog and I already knew what the flag was gonna be

>Ameristats

Attached: 1483485925736.png (399x322, 42K)

For me it's Oblak

Ter Stegen is without a doubt the best GK right now with Neuer being injured 24/7 365.
Buffon is a legend but he is getting too old and makes a lot of mistakes.

Ter Stegen has been amazing this season and that is a fact.

Attached: goalkeepers.png (983x851, 211K)

If I wasn't lazy I'd find post the xG stats.

De Gea is by far the best goalie right now. It's not even a contest.

based

>Mourinho parks the bus yet De Gea concedes a lot, how do De Gea apologists coincile their flawed perception with such a reality?
What are you talking about? That makes perfect sense. If he gets bombarded with shots and has a shitty defense, of course he's going to concede more goals than keepeers with a world class defense keeping all the attackers away from him?

>muh stats
Stick to basketball. It might actually work there.

>le worse than Alisson man
>better than De Gay

>le brazilimutt face

You don't need to park the bus when you have 75% possession

What is the point here? It's harder to defend when you don't park the bus?

Dios mio... Los goblinos... La creatura

Whiter than you, Muhammad.

Alisson is so much better

/thread

Whiter than you, Ahmed

Hes a decent keeper. Every now and then he looks shaky af but he still manages to come out unscathed somehow. Purely there for his meme distribution. I can't see him getting to Courtois or De Gea tier personally but he's good enough for the time being

>clean sheets
>goals conceded
Are these suddenly entirely dependent on the keeper and nothing to do with the players in front of him?

Le cretura

Neuer and there are a handful of other goalkeepers that are at least on his level

de gea plays for manure, along with all their deluded customers every time he brushes his shoulder martin tyler fucking creams his pants

De gea has 119 saves so far this year
Ederson: 68
Ter stegen: 92

Idk what more you want from him

As this wise Estonia friend shows, De Gea is far and away the best shot stopper in the world. Ederson is just a shit Ter Stegen who in turn is the world's premier sweeper keeper. Buffon and Oblak are system babbies being carried by above average defenders playing for world class defensive-minded managers.

Thank you Estonia.

De Gea faces way more shots. They'd be fighting for 5th with Arsenal with a lesser goalie.

Sweeper clearance is him leaving his line and kicking a loose ball away for example if a striker is chasing a through ball and he runs out and gets to it first and kicks it away

Why don’t people treat it as equal to a save? If you’re a sweeper keeper and the last line of defense between the attacking player and the goal and you clear the ball, what’s the difference? If he stayed on his line and just let him come to him it’s a save and that’s somehow better?

>unironical mentions to Buffon
Lmao he was one of the greats, but nowadays he is the sole reason why Tsunaldo is already thinking about the CL semifinals even though Juventus is a tough opponent.

If Buffon isn't good anymore, then why will he play for Italy today?

Neuer, by far.
Oblak is mentioned as his equal sometimes, same with on-form ter Stegen.

/thread

Because italians are clinging to nostalgia over golden years, that kind of grattitude to retired players won’t help them. They’re not even in the WC.

I know this will probably be a shocking revelation to you, but there's far more to world class goalkeeping than just savewhoring. Manure concede considerably more shots on target than the other top sides because of their archaic deep and passive defending, but that also means that these shots are far more likely to be generally harmless for the GK who can collect them easily - because static CBs cover zonal spaces instead of closing down the opponents. City, Tottenham or Liverpool who deploy a high defensive line are more likely to get exposed with long balls creating 1on1s vs their GKs, or otherwise chances that can't be saved. At the same time, these GKs don't face dozen easy mid-distance attempts that have to find their way through a parked bus.
If you look at a more comprehensive PL goalkeeping comparison, , you'll immediately notice that the only area where >de gay stands out are total saves, and we've just went through why that's the case. His presence in own box is below average, as evident by clearances, aerials or punches. And don't even get me started on his distribution. >De gay is just a knockoff Casillas (except two tiers lower) and will suffer the same fall from grace once his reflexes begin to stagnate in early thirties.

Attached: Shots against.png (1219x303, 72K)

Clean sheets are a fucking shit way to measure a goalkeeper's worth. xGs, while still a meme-stat are indeed a better metric.

Every relevant keeper's xG, by season:
twitter.com/colintrainor (scroll a bit down)

Actually I saved a pic of it, might as well post it too.

Attached: Goalkeeper xG performances small.jpg (1800x5416, 3.86M)

What this guy said, United's defence has actually been shit this season but de gay has bailed them out

I wouldn't actually swap Ederson for him since having a passing GK is essential to City's system but de gay is clearly a better shot stopper

Dig up the xG stats for each goalie. Only that will tell you if De Gea's saves are actually mostly tame shots from distance. (Protip: They actually aren't).

Ederson is being carried. It's easy to have good distribution when you're only pressed twice a season (against Liverpool). He's a shit Ter Stegen. Literally not even Mignolel tier. At least that shitter can stop PKs.

Funny that Ederson's xG being amazing >82382445 completely invalidates whatever stupid "point" you were trying to make. But then again

>tf
>tp
into the trash it goes

>quantity of shots saved determine GK's quality, not quality of those shots
>lets completely disregard other areas of performance
>mfw

Attached: looney.jpg (245x233, 36K)

xG measures quality of shots, not quantity.