This was good and none of you can prove me wrong

This was good and none of you can prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ueIxFXQdBeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was not good.
And you are wrong.

It was good but I don't understand why they had to rewrite the movie.

Maybe Alachia knows

>$166mil worldwide off a $110mil production budget
>46% on RT

It made no money and nobody liked it.
Would you like to attempt to prove yourself correct?

Saw it three times desu

white Motoko cries in her Asian mother's arms because her pet kitty cat recognized her despite having a new body.

this happens in the movie

% on RT
>RT
pleb

This whole part of stealing kids and making them into weapons was bullshit. I don't understand why they didn't just go with the Motoko was the first kid who got a full cyber body.

Like just changing the Major's name would have been understandable for it being a murican movie but then they go back on it and she's Motoko after all and I was like what. Why.

Also they combined like all the anime villains into one story. Cutter was the equivalent of Kazudo Goda from 2nd gig and Kuze was a mixture of Kuze and the Puppeteer.

I liked it and that's the end of it.

It can still be discussed.

Nah it wasn't you shit for brains.

Just watched
I liked it too
Not perfect but I think it will go down as a cult classic

Was bored for the first 2/3rds but interest picked up for the last part, but still not enough to recommend it. Takeshi Kitano was awesome, though.

I liked it, which means it's good.

What's fascinating to me is that Japan generally liked the movie but HATED Kitano

>What's fascinating to me is that Japan generally liked the movie but HATED Kitano
Why is that?

Basically, Kitano's a mumble mouth that was hard to understand (in Japan, his lines aren't subtitled), it was weird and out of place that he was the only one speaking Japanese while even the Major's Japanese mother spoke English, and he wasn't fitting for the character since his reputation is playing shitbag Yakuza

Things we in the West generally wouldn't notice because subtitles tell us what he's saying and he looks cool.

>I liked it, which means it's good
wow, you couldn't have your head higher up your own arse if you tried

>Things we in the West generally wouldn't notice because subtitles tell us what he's saying and he looks cool.
Ha, indeed.

Literal feel when:
>Kitano is reduced to a glass eyed mumble mouth who had no literal impact on the film's quality
>Theme of identity gets buried in hollywood rehash plot about super soldier too dangerous to be allowed to live
>The puppet master was portrayed with so much more ambiguity and fluidity in the original compared to Kuze (played by foreskin lip Pitt). I mean seriously, one note much?
>Ending: "let's disregard the original ghost merge ending so we can sequel it up."
>Batou: garbage casting choice; a piece of cardboard could have acted better.

I mean, the cinematography is great but even then the original is better.

I might just rewatch the original, catch ya's

Hows the muscle tank scene?

test

It was pretty faithful to the original, to its credit. But, personally, I didn't like it. They ham-fisted cliche's into it, such as the villain controlling the tank being all typical villain and Kuze being edgy

>it wasn't like my japanese cartoon, which we call anime, therefore was bad!

that's their only argument against this movie

yet it was too much like the anime thus alienated western viewers

what?? they butchered it. no fucking cloacking

>Hows the muscle tank scene?

Practically identical to the animated movie for the most

Main difference is the tank being there isn't a completely random asspull like the anime, and the Major actually succeeds at crippling it rather than failing and needing to be bailed out by Batou

>bland
>stupid dialogue (who the fuck says ghost when they mean spirit)
>utterly forgettable
>if you want to do colors and neons, do them at night for fuck's sake

Crunchyroll offered me free tickets the week before it came out and I didn't bother claiming them.

>utterly forgettable
probably this

because a shot for shot remake would have been boring. actually preferred this remixed version.

>>$166mil worldwide off a $110mil production budget
t-t-that means we will get a sequel right?

this borders on a failure

if you consider the amount of time that 110M become 166M, it is a bad investment

ScarJo phones it in. None of the other guys do anything of note except maybe the Jap dude. Kuze is boring AF once he switches from "I can be everywhere" to "I'm You 1.0". The villain couldn't have been more boring. No interesting cinematography since its a 1,5 hour movie so no lingering shots. Trying to do neons and holograms during the day is stupid. Themes were all over the place and were undermined by the "I'll be with you in your ghost"

Kek

And Ghostbasterds 2016 and Girl with all the Gifts are certified fresh. Go figure.

It was good but scarlets acting was actually terrible

i could see that happening, more like it happen. have you seen her press tour?

her acting was fine they should got someone else beside rupert sanders to director it

I have not
What's the deal?

what i got from her press tour Scarlett to keep the theme in the movie

Is fucking trash just like you

It was much better than I expected.
The trailers made it look awful and whoever was responsible for marketing it should be shot.

A few things bothered me however:
>scarjo
I mean, at least make her lose some weight if your REALLY have to cast her
>retarded script, with characters saying shit like "your soul, your spirit, your GHOST in that synthetic SHELL"
Literally sounds like written by Sup Forums trolls for lulz
>insistence on replicating sequences from the animu
having her remove her coat, jump down the building and become invisible TWICE was really redundant

in some her interviews scarlett imply that she try to keep many of theme in the movie but rupert sanders over rule her. you should her interview with howard stern

The TRANSLATION NOTE: GHOST MEANS SOUL stuff was there for a reason

Day after I saw it and talked to someone, they looked confused the minute I said the title. It wasn't advertised especially well and the premise isn't that well known.

How do you even compete?

youtube.com/watch?v=ueIxFXQdBeA

Will check it out
Thanks bro

The direction was average but it could have been alot worse.

It's worth a watch for some of the visuals and effects and some nice practical effects

>tried to

Good on her (provided it's true and she's not just making it up for nerdpoints) but even if she succeeded, all the rest would still hold true

very interesting interview, i was shock she went on his show

>the premise isn't that well known

Robocop.

The building jump happens twice because Standalone Complex did it twice, also because the visual that scene is probably best known for doesn't appear in the one at the beginning

No.

Yes

they should have someone to do the movie.

>It was self defense..D-D-DEFENSE OF SELF!

This dialogue along with the music and ambient sound is pure kino.

it sound like something she will do.. in one interview she she didn't look at him when he mention dumb down the themes