Is this Sup Forums approved yet?

Is this Sup Forums approved yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12877970/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't want to watch it lest I come to the horrifying realisation that it was actually shit

SLIZERS > ROBORIDERS > NINJAGO > SHIT > BIONICLE

What was the name of those things that were like bionicles but they were knights?

>slizers

my fucking nigga

Not sure but I had all of them!

loved these niggas

Slizers where just too stiff since they lacked parts. Also too small.

Y'all whack.

Those childhood feels. Thanks for reminding me. I'm 18 now but I still have them in the attic I think.

I had the green spider bionicle once. Cool shit. And pic related too.

>Bionicles had DEEPEST LORE
>Lego nuked it for Hero Factory
>Hero Factory got bad
>Go back to Bionicles
>Create worse figures/lore

God damn it, I just wanted crazy cosmic being duke it out.

I wonder why it got so crappy. It can't be that hard to make it good.

Yeah this shit was made for kids.

Bionicles lore was carried by Greg Farshtey's addled ramblings, he's the main reason it was so unique and interesting
I don't know how much he was involved in the reboot or whatever. If he was, then the creative spark must have burned out by then

strawpoll.me/12877970/

Question for 20 year olds of Sup Forums: do you associate your childhood more closely with early 2000s stuff like Bionicle and tamagotchis? Or late 2000s stuff like Justin Bieber and iPhones?

Hero Faggotry was a mistake

18 here. Early to mid 2000s.

Similar.

Helped being in aus where we were like 5 years behind everything.

The one with the Star Wars prequelkino

Interesting. I didn't know this.

I had the fire Slizer, I remember the arm that you flick the disc with broke off eventually

>TAKUAAAAA

K I N O

Didn't BIONICLE not get canceled until 2009? It spanned the entire 2000s.

But to answer your question I'm 20 and definetly associate my childhood with earlier stuff
> Bionicles
> Ps1 and Ps2 games
> renting movies on VHS (ps2's played DVDs, but we were cheapskates)
> tamogitchi's
> Yugioh
> Dragon Ball Z
> SpongeBob
> Star Wars prequels
> LEGO.com
> flash games
>

21 here, early 2000's.

I think it's because it's easier to partition off early childhood stuff like bionicles/neopets/etc because once you grow out of them, even if they're still around, you no longer hear about them. You become removed from that community.

With shit like iPhones and Bieber, even though I was still a kid when they came out, they're still around and you can't really avoid hearing about them, or at least the iPhone.

Also I didn't have a cell phone with the first iPhone came out and couldn't afford one until the 3G.

I was born in '96 but since you don't remember early-early childhood, I define my childhood by 98-2008

Adolescence is a period of its own.

I actually rewatched them not too long ago, a year or so.

Mask of Light is kind of interesting. It's not good, but on a thematic level, it actually toys around with some pretty heavy and unique ideas in regards to duty and destiny and the like. The main conflict of the movie is the character using his dedication to his duty, his day job, as an excuse to avoid accepting a higher calling in his destiny that he's afraid of having to commit to. It handles that pretty well though, all things considered, and the plot device fake-out thing where they all think that Jaller is the herald instead of Takua, even though both Takua and Jaller kind of know the truth but don't want to admit it for different reasons, was pretty good.

Legends of Metru Nui is objectively the most well made, well put together, all around compelling movie of the three, though it doesn't really have any one element that's really interesting like that.

Web of Shadows had some nice elements, some good visuals, a final action sequence that didn't suck, and Roodaka made my peepee hard, but probably the weakest of the three.

Legend Reborn kinda sucked all around, Metus was a great character but everything else ranged from meh to fucking awful.

Really, all of the movies failed to live up to the potential of their year and setting. Mask of Light didn't have nearly enough anachronistic, tropical island, polynesian robot mysticism atmosphere, Legends of Metru Nui didn't use the genuinely unique sci-fi aspects of Metru-Nui enough or focus on the Orwellian shit that made 04 a good year. Web of Shadows probably did the best, but even so, spider-apocalypse Metru-Nui could have been a much more visually interesting, atmospheric setting.

>LEGO.com
pretty sure that was the only site i ever went on when i was younger

>my first activity on any forum was on the LEGO.com forum, where it took like 3 days for posts to go up because they had to be hand reviewed by mods.
ah man, memories are rushing back

WHERE ARE YOU KOHLI HEAD

>Kohli-head, you could have been lava-bones!
>Could have been, but I'm not.

BACK
BACK, YOU FOUL CREATURE