Are you the "kino guy" from your friend group? Are you the friend everyone comes to for recommendations?

Are you the "kino guy" from your friend group? Are you the friend everyone comes to for recommendations?

>friend group
lmao
;-;

>friend group

haha

:-(

I hide my power level irl at all cost, even from my family.

It's got to a point where I even have to wait for everyone to leave the house because they would probably think I'm insanse for suddenly watching films from the czech new wave or whatever.
I know it's pathetic but I'm already too deep.

Yeah because we all know normies love kinos

>recommend pure kino
>wow user that movie was so boring lol. we shoulda watched step brothers or pineapple express..

every damn time

sometimes I remind my mommy and daddy when there's a new kino serial on TV

user... I roll with a whole company of kino men

>friend group

I noticed some try to "prove" themselves in front of me when it comes to film. But whatever I also enjoy to watch chad films with my fellow chads

this. most of my friends have no taste

>tell female colleague about a Kino
>she says it sounds awesome and asks to borrow the dvd
>returns it next day and I ask what her thoughts were
>says she turned it off ten minutes in because I was predictable and she knew what was gonna happen
>well yeah I gave you a plot synopsis which lead to you asking to borrow it
>yeah but yknow I mean...

The truth being I never told her it was a foreign movie without a dub and she's a pleb.

>group

i don't even had one friend

>friend

Making friends is the easiest thing in the world. Top yourselves

I am most definently that guy

im the guy who gives the kino recommendations even though noone asked for one and noone listens to

sure. whenever they ask for tips I go for aronofsky, earlier nolan and paul thomas anderson. not necessarily because I like them but because it's a nice mix of Serious film, Mainstream appeal and Something I can recommend without being completely dishonest

No I'm not, it's one of my friends who studies cinematography
If you're reading this hello Jb

>considered the pretentious movie guy
>no one takes my recommendations
>one friend does
>comes to me whenever he's about to watch a movie for recommendations ever since

You just need to be yourself :)

You're a cunt

Why?

They're already themselves

>tfw purposely give people pretentious film recommendations that I know they won't enjoy just so they think I have superior taste in film

I'm almost 30 - what friends?

In reality they just feel pity for you

thanks mang

Wild Tales is the best foreign film to recommend to anyone.
Pretty sure it's almost impossible for someone not to be entertained, no matter the pleb level.

Unironically, yes.
I tried to hide my powerlevel, but my roommate caught me watching a movie and it was in black and whit, so everyone thinks I'm a high brow film aficionado.

>This movie was really bad, user.
>wut haha you probly didn't get it 2deep4u
>No user, it was boring and half of it wasn't even integral to the story. It's just a bunch of instagram scenes on top of unrelated symbolism that's a bad metaphor for something only teens think is deep.
>you just didn't get it that's cool but it's really good you're just too normie 4 it

>I hide my power level irl at all cost, even from my family.
This, with everything in life. I've hidden my true intelligence from my family for 20 years. They have no idea that I studied math for 8 years, or that I'm working towards an MSc in Physics.

I'm not sure why I've never told them. They probably think I'm a weirdo because I barely go anywhere.

>It's just a bunch of instagram scenes on top of unrelated symbolism that's a bad metaphor for something only teens think is deep.
Woah, edgy and pretentious. These guys deserve each other

but why, don't you want them to be proud of you

I bet it was Citizen Kane

It was Seventh Seal, actually.

> friends with another "kino guy"
> we be known as "the kino duo"
> when going to friends house, we pick the movies, never had a bad movie night
> in hs, our teacher in film study was asking for movie recommendations from us.

My youngest brother does the same; all his talents and intelligence is hidden from the rest of the family. I had to pester him for years only to get him to tell me what he actually wants to do in the future, and helping him is great.

Still, why do you nerds do that shit? Are you afraid you are gonna be frowned upon? Bullied? Misunderstood? Or simply don't have the nerve to endure having expectations upon you?

Yea, I'm also the food and game guy. Although my friends are always skeptical, it's so annoying.

>Hey user I'm taking this girl out, what movie should we watch?
>You sure user? That seems a little weird.
>Thanks user! I'm glad I took your advice, it went really well.

Not sure why they're always skeptical, it works out in the end. Or why they keep asking if they're always questioning.

They might be afraid to fail, and if that happens everyone will know they failed.

what did you recommend last time it went well

Let the anger-pocalypse begin!

call her out on this in a joking manner and she will sleep with you

I actually am, pretty coolio

I just don't want anyone to bother me and I don't need any help with it.

No, my friends are turbo plebs. Their ignorance is their bliss. They aren't interested in watching any "kino", they just want to be entertained by things like Vin Diesel and The Rock driving cars out of planes.

My friends just watch literally anything that gets any hype, ever.

I actively avoid people

What's a friend?

kinda, there's a guy who's sort of on the same level as me which is good

also im 100% sure he's on here right now

It sounds odd, but I'm ashamed. It started in school desu, I tried to fit-in so I dumbed-down a lot. I hated being "the clever one", and still do. People look at you differently.

I honestly don't know why I've never told them. Friends know.

This could be a factor. It's hard/impossible to accurately self-analyse.

The Lobster. Collin Farrell is one of my favorites.

Are you sure, user? I don't know...

H-hey i think that could be me

Where are you from user

Turkey

>friend
>pepe
really makes me think
you fucking poser

>kino
Eat shit and die, retard.

if you're extroverted and talk amusing shit all the time
but i think after 30 that wont work either

Recommend me somethign kino my friends.

Yeah I am but I notice once i recommend one arthouse flick, theres always that one guy who loves it all of the sudden and is really into for about 3 months then forgets about it.

Fucking normies

I'm the "general kino" guy, and the "Asian kino" guy. I have a friend that's a 70's kid and a horror buff, he far outsmarts me in those categories.

No cause one of my friends watches way more movies than I and usually gives me recommendations

>friend group
>friend

Yup. They don't watch many movies though.

>tfw finally have a gf who isn't a pleb and will watch anything from b movie slashers to foreign arthouse with me

this is the good life, anons, and I wish all of you could have it too

Not really, no, but that's mostly because my group of friend I discuss movies with is usually made up of me, an older guy who watches every fucking horror movie that gets released and a guy that is legit KaraGarga material. When they're not around, the mantle falls on me.

she's an appeaser. Might be a stage (until she gets handed power through marriage or children), or might be because she's submissive pleaser by nature.

Where do you find kinogfs?

netflix

One of my friends was telling me the other day how him and others were discussing whether I'd like 13 reasons why or whatever it's called. When I told him I wouldn't even bother watching since I'm better than that shit, he told me that's exactly what they predicted I'd say.

fucking normie go back to redit

friends are easy. everyone is lonely and willing to be friends if you're not a belligerent goddamn cringey faggot.

>friends are easy.

Its a teenage soap opera. People eat whatever they put in front of him

I usually can, but last week my friend asked me for a scary movie to watch with some girls and I listed off the various kinds of scary movie platforms from genre to decade, to nationality and what they might like

they never texted back

NOPE.

>thinking you're better than anything
>being unwilling to experience any movie
you realize how much of an annoying self-important dickhead you're acting like right? Do you actually like movies or do you like how saying you're into movies makes you seem smart? Watching bad movies and being willing to fuck with any genre is how you actually learn and improve and stop being a cringey faggot.

Nobody is interested in the predictably self-censoring tryhard autist.

they are. you need to make an effort though. and not be a self-defeating frogposting dingbat that feels sorry for yourself

Well actually I lead my own club or "guild" so to speak, for individuals of keen intellect. At the moment I'm the only real member of the guild but that doesn't stop us from getting into all sorts of kino adventures!

so what? i would hope that they would think that would be your response to mtv drama shows

Yep. That's me. I showed my friend pulp fiction, the witch, the big lebowski, a Serbian film, and maybe a few more.

Fun times

>friend group

Yes, but when I give recommendations to people they want to give recommendations to me in return.

It's almost always bad and my choices are:
> I don't watch the movie and sound like a dick for ignoring their recommendation
> I watch the movie and tell them I didn't like it, and sound like a dick for disliking their recommendation
> I watch it and lie, saying I liked it, resulting in more bad recommendations

Lol next time just say The Conjuring lololol

They'll love it. Jumpy and everyone lives so there's no actual consequences so the she'll love not having to think.

>just be yourself ;-)

holy shit I JUST realized
>tfw I am the kino guy

I'm not the only one who uses the word "kino" in real life am I? I use it to describe movies and stuff around my friends and nobody has asked what it means yet so I guess I'm in the clear.

Also have a friend who goes on Reddit and I'm constantly picking on him about it by saying "can I upvote that?" Anytime he says something noteworthy

kill yourself

Lol can I upvote that post user?

>so I guess I'm in the clear.

I actually laughed out loud at this

Well I like to think you fellows are my "friend group" so of course I know you come to me for some kino recs haha ;)

Some people that I hang out with flat out have told me they refuse to see a film with me because I babbled on about stuff instead of enjoying it.

But there's at least a few that I know that come to me with recommendation requests. Or that I can talk about symbolism with.

It's not hard to find them guys. Go out to librarys and find movie groups.

Washing your ass helps too.

I say kino and call my friend a redditor.
Because he is. In an ironic way though.

I'm they guy who "hates" every movie because I rarely have strong feelings towards a film and find most to be just okay. Apparently saying Rogue One was "fine" and "had its moments" is the exact same is its the worst movie ever and you hate it.

are you me ? Im 99% sure the problem lies in my friends taste.
>be me
>almost finals, bunch of free time at school
>decided to be the kino guy and brought some films
>chose hunt for the wilderpople, fun kino for everybody
>nobody fucking pays attention
>hahaha i dont see whats funny
>shouldve watched the scary movie
>everybody is on their phones by 50 mins in, decide to turn it off
>even my mom fucking likes it
>mfw im now the shit taste in film guy

One of my friends outright saod that he only find kevin hart and nigger tier comedy funny, fuck me but i think something is wrong with millenials

imma watch that with my gf, thanks,
any more recommendations for couples?

My best friend always asks me for recs. Basically this.

I am when it comes to music.

meant to reply to this guy