Anyone ever seen any movies from really obscure shithole countries?

Anyone ever seen any movies from really obscure shithole countries?

Like flicks from Azerbaijan or Uzbekistan.

Reshala is kíno.

Not from these countries, but honestly, european/east EU independents are unironically the best films that generally come out.

You ascend to this level of thinking once you outgrow the black/white criterion collection phase which ever 19 year old is in here.

>NC FANS TRIGGERED!

7 Samurai. It's from Japan.

Just came here to steel this Pepe, thank you ;)

Azerbaijan and many ex-soviet countries have alot of kinos

Pavia Qivittoq

I know someone from Azerbaijan who posts here and he's told me that there are some good Azeri kinos

Taraz is fine

yeah I have seen a Kaurismäki film

If anyone wants to watch Icelandic movies, I recommend "Englar Alheimsins."

It's possibly the best Icelandic movie, then following that is "101 Reykjavik."

African movies are dope. Like that one about the bug eyed kid that's addicted to tits and he can suck them out of women's shirts from like ten feet away. Fucking love that one. All the Wakaliwood movies too.

I saw Baskin from Turkey, basically Turkish Hellraiser and Brat from Russia. Both very good atmospheric movies.

Turkey isn't obscure

Czechia has pretty good comedies

House is pretty obscure. Not many people have heard of it.

>Baskin
This. Fucking THIS. Holy shit, what a rush. Who the fuck would have thought some turkroaches had it in them to make such a film?

The cousin of my best friend saw a Styrian movie called Dunke Lickt (not sure about the spelling). It's in German and was made in the mid 70s. Very weird. It's about a few of the deadly sins, I think. You see people committing some of them in an old castle (glutony&lust) under the watchfull eyes of a dark haired wicked girl and a blonde naive one. It ends with the blonde murdering the the exausted sinners in their sleeps with a carved dagger and fucking the dark haired girl on their corpses.

Stop that thief!

>Japan
>really obscure shithole country

Does Senegal count?

Most Steven Seagal movies today are filmed in countries like Azerbaijan,Uzbekistan, Bosnia-Herezgovina, Albania, Serbia, Belarus and Mongolia.

Does that count?

Yeah, American movies are actually pretty popular over here.

>Brat
Just watched a little bit Brat 2 on Youtube just because of nostalgia.
First part I skipped to is the russian lead complaining why he cant call black people niggers, cause everybody calls them niggers in Russia. Then a russian hooker corrects him and says its not appropriate to do that in America and the white men fear the niggers in America because there is something primal in them.

I forgot how fucking based this movie was

101 Reykjavik is the only Icelandic movie I've seen. Not a bad flick.

any more african films?

Estonian black comedy called November. Pretty good cinematography.

Don't know if Hungary counts as obscure, but this is one of my favorites. The imagery is very simple and it's a really fun movie to just sit down and watch. They really play up the shithole aspect too

no but the best short film of all time is set in uzbekistan

This is a great but little known film from Uzbekistan.
Highly recommended.

>most advanced internet infrastructure in the world
>obscure shithole

but it is a shithole

Yes
This is an actress from a shite country
The biggest role she's had is in Tangerine I want to be licking her arm pits, pusy,and butthole on a regular basis

Yeelen, Touki Bouki, Yaaba, quite a few others

No?

Whats the point in watching anything that isn't from America or Europe?

PLEBSHITS GET OUT

i've seen tons of movies of colombia, because had the bad luck to be born here.

95% are pure shit, so better than hollywood average, i guess.