ENDLESS TRASH

>HBO developing 4 different spinoffs of Game of Thrones

ew.com/tv/2017/05/04/game-of-thrones-prequels-spinoffs/

is is bad that I read the thread title in Mike's voice?

GET HYPE!

I would watch a Bronn spinoff series desu

With somewhat competent writers and showrunners they could make a good show. The downfall of GoT is that they didn't get rid of Jew&Jew after season 4.

Congratulations, you're the target demographic

It's because HBO are acutely aware they have no other IPs that are even remotely good enough to stop them from going under besides GoT

I'd probably watch Dunk and Egg

Well now HBO has become current year disney: fuck original ideas and lets milk a current or former franchise as long as we can

Fuck you. The character is good but MORE of the character isn't better. Just leave it alone and start something new and original.

>get 4 spinoffs of this garbage
>will never get that Sopranos prequel spinoff nor another season of Rome

Thank God. I was afraid it'd end soon.

>mfw I'm actually excited, and fuck all of you bitter contrarian faglords

for CHRIST's sake are you fucking serious. This shit is never going to end, is it? We're doomed to withstand it for at least a decade more, aren't we?

People like you are why we got pic related

This is the cancer that's killing modern media.

But if those shows were as popular as GOT you would be saying they were shit too.

Will it be like Better Call Saul where nothing happens and prententious redditors exclaim "IF YOU LOVED THE ORIGINAL SHOW THEN THIS SHOW THAT IS NOTHING LIKE THE ORIGINAL SHOW IS YOUR WET DREAM!"

>One was once an infamous skilled swordsman, but was denied reciprocation from the woman he loved and lost his prize fighting hand he found so dear. He was forced to reevaluate what it means to be man when he is denied the love of his life and is no longer able to protect those he holds dear.
>The other was scoundrel, a street urchin who saw an opportunity of turning drunken pub brawling into one big pay day. The only issue is that day never seems to end.
>Together, they possess one brain, three hands and whole lot of heart
>The Adventures of Jamie and Bronn: The Bad Pussy Chronicles

I'm expecting it to be Scrubs with fighting and tits to keep manchildren onboard

You mad? Normalfags loved these.

The Sopranos is lauded as one of the best series ever made and I don't hate it so what's your point?

>implying GoT's shittiness has anything to do with its popularity at all

it would be shit even if two people were watching it. Of course, the obnoxious fanbase doesn't make it better. Still, The Sopranos is praised far and wide and it's one of the most popular show evers.

Yeah I'm mad as fuck. I already have a deep hatred for the tv show as an irredeemable bookfag, I thought this was almost the end of it.

>Martin is personally involved in two of the projects
Kek, the fat cunt doesn't even get a say in half of those shows. Must be fun watching everything you've ever worked for being slowly killed in front of the whole world.

People liking got are responsable for cgi in movies or Jackson way of directing? You're going full retard user

It's his own fault, the fat cunt basically begged for it to end this way. Honestly, I think he doesn't give a fuck anymore.

>The show ideas are from Max Borenstein; Jane Goldman
>Borenstein
>Goldman
Hmmmmmm...

> bookfag
serves you right faggot the Song Of Ice and Fire are terrible books with a fucking mentally retarded fan base. Unless you mean you're a fan of the hobbit which is even more retarded since it was mandatory 7th Grade reading in the English speaking world

There's nothing wrong with liking a story that may have been meant for children.

gRRM is shit though. The Hobbit is actually a fun book, especially to read to kids.

He's making dosh and getting puss now that he is proper famous. I don't think he minds.

KEEP GOING THERE'S NOT ENOUGH SPIN OFFS

IT BROKE NEW GROUND

SOPRANOS SEQUEL ABOUT AJ BEING AIR FORCE 1 PILOT FOR THE PRESIDENT WHEN?

>with a fucking mentally retarded fan base

Nigger just know that you're either incredibly delusional or a demented retard if you say that as a GoT fan

>look at all this trash!
>but we're gonna watch and review them all anyway
What a bunch of hypocrites

Very cool.

He most definitely doesn't. His blog is basically a mirror inside the mind of GRRM, just look what his posts are all about and notice how much space he gives to what he should be considering his number one priority.

well on the plus side-if trump starts the war and it goes nuclear we will all be dead before this shit gets made

seriously tho i wouldnt care if GOT wasnt shoved in our faces constantly.

Oh no the ASOIAF book fanbase is actually autistic and mentally deranged, they think GRRM is a genius and that the show sold out and butchered the books

1st & 3rd D&E stories were good

2nd was meh

but I'd watch those - not sure how you'd stretch them beyond a couple episodes each tho.

>That book is read by kids!
>It must be a bad book!

user...

I'd watch a show about Dany.

> assigned homework when you're 12 years old
> wtf I'm such a big fan now!

That's were the money is. They got families to feed you know.

GoT fans think their show is the best shit in the world and that nothing can compare to it, they praise every bit of retarded writing as if it were the second coming of christ and hear no reason at all. Honestly, I see your point and I agree with you, as much as I enjoy the books (the first ones anyway) I'd never call GRRM a genius if my life depended on it, but let's not pretend the tv series doesn't have an equally autistic userbase on a MUCH larger and honestly terrifying scale.

depending on how much nudity it had I probably would too

Yes but GOT show fans are just retarded people like Transformers film fans. While the original book fans are what would happen if the Transformers original Toy and kids animation fans worshipped the transformers franchise as a genius piece of work with historical relevance and hated Micheal Bay for ruining the source material

>thinks an inept teenager survives the final battle

I'm mad at this.

>Martin admits he needs his editor to keep him correct on little details and doesn't really care at all about things like timing and geography
>Dozens of theories based on little details and precise timings of events

maybe now they'll hire decent actors

If they were doing it out of an artistic desire, they might constrain themselves to a miniseries.
However, as they only care about the money I'm sure they'll find a way.

>The /got/ general threads won't die after this garbage ends

This board is dead. Just spam Bane,Blacked and Colbert it doesn't even matter anymore.

idiots like you are the reason this shit is getting 4 spinoffs

I dislike D&D for their nonsensical way of handling things which makes things worse than what the fat idiot could possibly conceive in his wildest dreams, and that's saying something considering even he didn't know what the fuck he was even doing anymore with the last two books. All in all though, I don't think the tv series ruined the books, as in I'm 100% positive Martin would've found a way to derange Winds of Winter just as well without GoT airing (it did take him something like 5 years to release ADWD). I just can't stand seeing it absolutely everywhere and hearing it praised as the epitome of television, and the fact I just realized that the last seasons aren't the end of it makes me sick

this, tired of this shit.

So what are we expecting?
Cooking show, survivor island ripoff, life and times of ....... and something

>4 more got spinoffs keeping the redditors on Sup Forums
even /trash/ is better

>romantic subplot with Egg falling in love with a stablegirl that takes up half the episodes
>at least five episodes almost exclusively dedicated to the Red Widow rambling about shit and showing how strong she is

There are too many things they can do to stretch D&E's novel beyond a simple miniseries.

A Robert's Rebellion spinoff could actually be fun as all hell.

Not sure where else they could take things, maybe the Dance of Dragon history where the Targ. house went to shit after a civil war with itself?

article says they're looking at different time periods, I doubt they would do a series based on bronn

kek i need to rewatch this movie
downloading now

stay mad

>I dislike D&D for their nonsensical way of handling things which makes things worse than what the fat idiot could possibly conceive in his wildest dreams

The only thing they did wrong was add a fuckton off titts and pussy but then again that is why the show is successful. The book had a 14 year old Daenerys Raped in the ass by a mongolian warlord winds of winter has a wet diarhea scene with her that subverts the princess trope. The books were shitty pulp fantasy which were cool to read when you are an 18 year old because OMG plot TWIST OMG RAPE

D&E are almost a given. I'm actually afraid they're going to adapt the novels we haven't even read yet. That would make me mad as fucking hell knows what.

Robert's rebellion is a likely one. No idea about the others though, I don't think they have the proper budget for something about Valyria

>grrm makes a show about the different kings taxation policys spanning the past six season going into depth about tarrifs and trade deals setup.
DABID

fuck off dragon cuck

when your spinoffs turn to shit dont come here crying about muh waifu a shit.

sorry nigger, but the moment they took the best things martin probably came up with in the last books (jaime's arc) and turned it into quirky adventures with bronn in dorne I can no longer stand them. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying those two can't write for shit, and are even worse than Martin. At least they stay on schedule though.

Jesus what a fuckin porker.

>People are often assigned Hemingway, Doestevsky, Steinbeck, etc.

I worry that people will never look at good authors again after school.

STAY SALTY YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS

ASOIAF4LYFE

Aegon's Conquest maybe.
Robert's Rebellion will be completely ruined by hamfisted call-forwards to Game of Thrones.

Most people never look at any authors period after school.

>Robert's rebellion is a likely one
This.

I fully expect an adaption of Robert's Rebellion down the line. It far enough in the past where they could get away with casting younger actors for the leads of the houses and the Rebellion has plenty of potential stories.

The only problem is that the Rebellion only lasted one year. HBO might have trouble milking multiple seasons in the episodes are only supposed to be days/weeks apart from each other.

>>>/tumblr/

Man I'm really sick of how every website is optimized for mobile viewers nowadays

Like nigger can you fucking loads the whole page please thank you, not just 3 inches at a time for the cunts scrolling slowly down on a tiny screen while they push a fat turd past their sphincter

How about Westworld?

> Robert's Rebellion

> shitty characters

> knowing the exact outcome

So this is the end of HBO? They'll be doing nothing but this shit for the next decade?
>Boardwalk Empire was cancelled for this

>Titanic
>shitty characters
>knowing the exact outcome

this

It wouldn't be that hard.

The actually war part of the Rebellion only lasted a year, but substantial political tension and maneuvering went on before fighting broke out.

The first season or two could easily just be build up to the Rebellion fully breaking out. Hell, showing the mad king subplot could easily eat up an entire season.

>thinking they could possibly handle a season without fighting and all based on political intrigue

oh user. That may have been the case six years ago.

Dude Rose is the fucking biggest piece of shit in film history, thank you

> comparing Titanic with GOT
> being expected to be taken seriously

>the HBO Eextended Televisionic Universe

how tf are they gonna afford to make 4 different spin offs? wernt they bitching that this show has become their most expensive and they are struggling to pay for it?

I just realised the quality of this board is a reflection of the quality of media right now.

> substantial political tension and maneuvering
a bunch of shit.

No littlefinger, no Arya, No Jon Snow, No Cersei no Tyrion,etc it will be complete shit

>4 spinoffs
These fucking assholes
>cut out large chunks of story substituting shit for it
>know you are running out of your own shit ideas and fat man still hasn't finished the next book
So you make some spinoffs to squeeze more money out of the plebs
Kill showrunners when?

They really blew their chance at the jesus expanded universe after Rome got cancelled

That's honestly the best part of it. They kept justifying their cutting shit off the show because there wasn't enough time and bla bla bla, and before the show even ends they announce not one, not two, not three, but FOUR motherfucking spinoffs. These people are geniuses if there was ever anyone who deserved to be called one.

>doesn't realize dany's plot armour is thicker than jon's skull

THE BEST TV SHOW IN HISTORY!
FUCK YOU Sup Forums

lol how do you feel about fanfiction now? you fat fuck?

I don't see the big deal since ____________________________________________________________________________________________________LOL GOTCHA_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Honestly, I would love it if they covered stuff like the shadow lands and the five forts.

it's not HBO universe until they make connection between GOT and VEEP and Sillicon Valley

Before that it is only The GOT Realm

I felt the same way, but The Sworn Sword is actually underrated because even though it's just about a pissing contest between 2 minor Houses, it highlights the absurdity of warfare in a feudal society. And how backing the sides that eventually loses not only costs you everything you held dear, the smallfolk will pay heavily in the end.