Who deserves most of the blame, Scott or Lindelof?

Who deserves most of the blame, Scott or Lindelof?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fe-AheZJaEg?t=1m32s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Geologist

50/50. Lindelof deserves blame for writing a flawed script, Scott deserves blame for hiring Lindelof and accepting the script.

Scott wanted his christian shit in but some suit deny him it, take it as you want.

>blame

get filtered, Prometheus was kino

>Lindelof
everytime

Prometheus is fucking kino. Lindelof took an Alien rehash and made it into an actual original movie about hubris and the origin of humanity.

You are going to get Alien: Again, so I hope you fuckers are happy

lurking for answers

> Lindelof took an Alien rehash and made it into an actual original movie about hubris and the origin of humanity.

Yeah when Charlize Theron got squished like a grape by the gigantic rolling spaceship it really got my neurons firing about the nature of mankind.

Get fucked. The themes were window dressing to cover up the godawful characters and dialogue.

damn son, chill the fuck out.
it is a "movie"

>Fuck original stories, I just want xeno jump """scares"""
Fuckin hacks like you are the reason we're getting this new pile of shit. Prometheus was just too complex for your simple little mind, you should stick to capeshit

You know, Spielberg is pretty talented.

>You are going to get Alien: Again, so I hope you fuckers are happy
honestly, the best thing i've heard about Covenant was when the guy who runs AVPGalaxy went to the premiere today and got triggered that it didn't handle the Xeno like the first film did.

"It's like Ridley or Logan or Dante or whoever forgot to go and rewatch Alien." is the exact quote, and it makes me rock hard to know we're not just getting a rehash

I'm fucking hyped

I like this meme.

Marathoned it again yesterday and while more enjoyable than I remembered, it is deeply flawed with moments of questionable dialogue and some poorly written characters.

But visually, it's spectacular and the action sequences are excellent.

Great characters. Especially Theron. Also I love when fat basement NEETs who have never been in a dangerous situation in their life act like clear thinking and sound decision making is easy when your life is about to end

>Fuck original stories, I just want xeno jump """scares"""

Yea instead we got shitty space zombies and a gigantic albino man chasing them while spaceships exploded above them like it's Armageddon.

The only "complex" aspects of the story are the Fassbender scenes, which get the closest to having any coherent thematic ideas behind them. Everything else is either retreads of the earlier Alien movies or dime-store religious symbolism that ends up going nowhere.

It's because they fail pic related every time.

anyone who defends this movie deserves to get shot in the face

>cretins who have accomplished nothing in their lives talking with the false sense of superiority about literal masters of their craft

Didnt you get the memo?

Prometheus was kino.

>MUH WHY DIDNT SHE RUN SIDEWAYS

KYS

>Yea instead we got shitty space zombies and a gigantic albino man chasing them while spaceships exploded above them like it's Armageddon.
See, you're just a pleb

Movie was fucking trash.

>dime-store

Jesus Christ, grandpa. Did you use to buy new buggy whips there?

This is good stuff. Thanks user

Lindelof, Scott is 80 and probably senile. Still the movie managed to look fucking gorgeous, probably due to the DP.

that chart is a poor oversimplification of what actually happens

Enjoyed her dedication to her role.

>cretins who have accomplished nothing in their lives talking with the false sense of superiority about literal masters of their craft

>movies should be impervious to criticism because of an ad-hominem/appeal to autorithy

How do you manage to tie your own shoelaces?

>implying plot holes and dumb character moments are the only problems

The plot of Alien 3 was shit too, but the characters were compelling so I didn't care.

I hated every character in Prometheus outside of David, They were either morons or one-dimensional to the point of being slasher movie victims, which would be fine if the movie didn't try and make me invested in them like they're actual people instead of fodder for the monsters.

I have no idea how anyone could defend the "characters" in this movie when Noomi Rapace and Not Tom Hardy are there. They might be the single worst protagonists I've seen in a big-budget sci-fi movie, they're utterly insufferable and the movie treats them like they're humanist heroes just because they're "nice" by comparison to Theron.

Wow, look at all those arguments you presented to refute my points.

>prometheus is bad meme

>I have no idea how anyone could defend the "characters" in this movie when Noomi Rapace and Not Tom Hardy are there. They might be the single worst protagonists I've seen in a big-budget sci-fi movie, they're utterly insufferable and the movie treats them like they're humanist heroes just because they're "nice" by comparison to Theron.
if you thought Holloway was supposed to be "nice," you weren't paying attention. the guy was a total douche.

I love your ad-hominem and how you really think you're making an argument here.
Also how you reply to your own retarded posts. No wonder why you pretend to like horrible shit, you must be starved for interaction.

>Wow, look at all those arguments you presented to refute my points.
If you failed to comprehend the kino that is Prometheus, there is no point in me engaging in a conversation regarding said kino

>tfw a samefag accusation is way off the mark

>kino

>tfw selective reading because got anally destroyed
You got enough (You)s yet? Good.

How so? The chart is 100% accurate as it relates to the given interactions of black goo and the different species. It's only flaw is that it omits the interaction between earthworms and the black goo.

>The chart is 100% accurate

>Shaw was never directly exposed to the black goo
>last pic shows a xenomorph instead of a "deacon"

The chart doesn't show that Shaw was directly exposed to the black goo...

Theron being squashed by the rolling spaceship never bothered me much.

What really triggered me was how retarded the biologist and geologist act when they find the dead engineer. These scientists sign up for a mission they barely know anything about, travel across a gorillion light years, stay in cryosleep for X years, to throw a bitch fit at the first weird thing they come across.

For a geologist who """""""""""loves""""""""" rocks, that motherfucker dont really show interest in anything in the planet.

The biologist, for fuck sake, after shitting his pants because of a dead alien, proceeds to try and pet a live alien like a dog when he meets one.

I mean, I understand its an alien movie and you need to have people being facehugged and dying to stupid shit but the way they handled it was atrocious. The movie would be better overall if those characters didnt exist.

>Lindelof
Literally who? Is that some producer or writer who helped make the movie

So in other words, the Alien moves fast like Cameron's autistic Aliens.

Not good at all.

What makes Alien the best out of the series is how slow the Alien was and also how it had human like features with its posture.

The scene when its slowly walking towards Lambert is one of the creepiest scenes ever

the original screenplay was much better but I guess Scott didn't want to really make another alien film, at the time anyway.

I HATE THE SQUID MONSTERS?

WHY WOULD U WRITE A GIANT VAGINA SQUAD AS THE ENEMY

REEEEEEEEEE

>movies should be impervious to criticism because of an ad-hominem/appeal to autorithy

>"Who deserves most of the blame, Scott or Lindelof?"

That doesnt deserve a single serious answer cretin.

>I hated

Stopped reading there. YOU hated the characters. You dont speak for the rest of us. Let me ask you this. If you hate Prometheus so much, are you gonna watch the sequel?

he loves rocks

Giger's art on the ceiling mural was beaut

Did u listen to the commentary? Ridley sounds impressed with how he directed the scene of the biologist reaching out to touch the Alien snake lol

Is Ridley a mad man?

A GIANT SQUAD WITH A VAGINA

WHY DID U DO THIS RIDLEY WHY

>waaah! i hated all of the characters so they must be terrible!

Honestly tell me why you didnt like the movie

>Stopped reading there. YOU hated the characters. You dont speak for the rest of us

...yes? And?

>If you hate Prometheus so much, are you gonna watch the sequel?

No, unless I hear amazing things.

Ridley hasn't made a good movie since American Gangster, and Prometheus was my last straw in terms of seeing his works in theatres.

>He hasnt watched the 3 hour making of documentary on the limited 4 disc set release
Basically better than the actual movie desu

I like it, I just don't know why.

The vagina squids turn me off the movie but I do like the Ancient Aliens theory.

Too bad we wont get more of the Engineers in Alien Covenant or how the Engineers were made cos we gotta have an Alien killing movie Reeee

>but I do like the Ancient Aliens theory.
Same. I really liked the whole setup for the mission to figure out humanity's origin. The movie really fell flat for me when they finally found the engineer and woke him up, but couldn't be bothered to let the audience know what they were asking him. It felt like really lazy/cowardly story telling. Like why string us along all this way just to ultimately cuck us by not giving us the answer to the question the entire movie revolves around?

The writers were either too lazy or too pussy to come up with an actual answer.

I enjoyed the movie though

What the fuck was his problem?

I have a question about the Engineer's uniform that they wear while on their ship.

It looks like it's weaved into their skin but they clearly have a normal human-like body as we saw in the beginning of the film. What's up with that? How do they put it on?

I've never seen this because I heard it wasn't that good, so why can't Sup Forums shut up about it?

It probably gets applied like a spray tan.

Chart is not even correct

Engineers have mastered the manipulation of genetics/organic matter. Most of their technology is based around it. I assume the suit is a living thing that wraps around them somehow.

why does he have hieroglyphics on his forehead?

reminds me of splinter cell

To cut it quick it pretty the flick has jumbled B movie level writing.Character who are suppose to be top scientist wander around and get high then fondle alien space phalluses or get run over by spaceships after they forget to walk sideways.

What should of been one of the most important plot twist in the series,the fact that the engineers created humanity, is told to the audience with no fanfare.

The whole feels like Fox took a cheap friday the 13th style schlock script that should be at the bottom of the Netflix horror section and tried to turn it into a pseudo-intellectual blockbuster.

Covenant,with its hillybilly pilot and pisspoor xenomorph reskins looks like its dropping any sense intelligence and going full scale schlock.

The process is a little like this.

youtu.be/fe-AheZJaEg?t=1m32s

This alien baby was designed way back during early drafts of Prometheus. How are these born again then? Since the Squid mixed with the Engineer and created the Deacon, so then the baby alien is somehow born later on?

Maybe they intended for that to be what the deacon looked like when it was born

"Uh the movie was sooo bad"
>Why?'
"Because she ran away longwise lmao"
>...

fucking normies

This.So.Much.

The genetically modified guy's sperm affected the embryo which then facehugged and mutated with engineer to make the basic xenomorph prototype

there's so many legitimate reasons why this movie is awful but that is not one of them

except his christian shit is all over the place wtf are you talking about?
>The biologist has a panic attack when they discover physical evidence of their creator.
>The geologist gets lost trying to navigate the temple of their creator.
>The only surviving human is the religious zealot, who births the first proto-xenomorph
>God creates man, man tries to play God, man creates AI, AI creates monster, monster kills man

>The whole feels like Fox took a cheap friday the 13th style schlock script that should be at the bottom of the Netflix horror section and tried to turn it into a pseudo-intellectual blockbuster.

Are you talking about Alien?

:^)

promethius and complex what a pair of words ya the complex shitty generic action horror movie way to hard to comprehend for me

But that didn't happen... With what we know Man kills God by creating Monster. Now this is a Batman v Superman thread.

>marathoned a single movie

What the fucking is this bullshit you faggots keep spouting?

>God creates Man in his image
>file corrupted
>Man tries to play God, Man creates AI in his image
>file corrupted
>AI ties to play GOD, AI creates Monster
>perfect corruptive being
>Monster kills God
This is the plot of Prometheus.

Our scientific hubris and desire for immortality is literally killing God. This is the thesis of the movie.

that doesn't mean the story was well executed

Dam that guy almost made it out of there in his Hyundai® Sonata™

obviously Ridley Scott. It's his baby. Also didn't Lindelof only come in relatively late? Like there already was a script, but it was shit?

Some people are spooked by dead people. Big dead aliens after signing onto an expedition you didn't know anything about might rattle a dude

And why would the biologist expect the alien to be able to rip through his fucking space suit?

Did you write this in his voice? Because I read it in his voice.

And the Biologist freaks out when they find the dead engineer (our literal creators being confirmed), but isn't afraid of the smaller vagina penis snake. He's not intimidated by small stuff but when he has to confront the reality that his entire understanding of the universe is wrong he freaks out.

The geologist literally gets lost in the temple of his creator. It's still retarded given that they super-established all the mapping and communication technology they where using, but after obsessively racking my brain I think author's intent was to make the science nerds look like destructive idiots because that was the entire point of the movie.

Everything in the story falls apart for the characters because the geologist freaked out when confronted with evidence of his creator, then the biologist got lost trying to run away, then the biologist got cocky when confronted with a smaller creature that he assumed he had dominion over.

And the only reason they're there is because their boss seeks immortality, having already created his own form of sentient life. The Engineer says before he rips Davids head off some shit about Ants thinking they can play God or something. It's the whole fucking point of the movie.

And David created the first proto-Xeno when he gave his goo to Notom Hardy who gave his goo to shaw who used science to perform an immaculate abortion that creates the squid monster that then kills and rapes God to create the first Xenomorph.

>tfw my obsessive frustration with BvS literally led to me getting into painting

>Some people are spooked by dead people. Big dead aliens after signing onto an expedition you didn't know anything about might rattle a dude
yeah you can try and plausibly explain why they did that but the point was that he was seeing physical evidence of his creator, demolishing his whole understanding of the world.

you must be new

that's been a Sup Forums maymay since like 2014 probably