George Lucas has hardly did anything wrong

I am about to pop the Phantom Menace in and watch it as I fall asleep. I've lost count how many times I've seen it. I don't care what anybody says. It's freaking great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U9t-slLl30E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He follow the kung fu trend instead of making the jedi what they original suppose to.

Everything Tattoine related is comfy even though Jake and Jar Jar are retarded. I personally like the prequels even though they are flawed but RoTS is pure kino.

Armor is pure aesthetic in Star Wars.

Nah, sure we think of Palpatine and Yoda as trancending the lightsaber, but I think I read somewhere in the EU that Palpatine only uses a lightsaber at times to toy with other lightsaber users at times, but in reality he does not need one because of his strong connecton to the force.

I played so much BF2.

>that Sidious, Savage Opress, and Maul duel scene where Sheev btfo both of them

Think about Jar Jar; he goes from being a low banished nobody to freakin' representing Amidala in the Galactic Senate when she is absent. I like to think that shows Jar Jar is not as useless as everybody thought he was. He is a humble loveable soul in my mind.

It's freaking amazeballs.

Your mental problems have nothing to do with the quality of the movie. Lots of people indulge in self-harm of their own volition.
I don't see what's the point of this thread. Perhaps you're looking for other idiots to validate you.

What's wrong with kungfu

Chinese stunts are cool

I'm still playing it to this day and ever since I got RoTS on dvd with the Utapau demo I fell in love.

The Battlefront gameplay style should have been bigger and Pandemic didn't deserve to die. The LOTR Battlefront clone they made was pretty fun albeit lackluster considering there weren't vehicles in LOTR.

The prequels have fundamental problems on dozens of levels, but one of those problems isn't the art design, that shit was always solid and had some standout moments. Teenage me loved these movies for that stuff, I pored over the Episode 3 artbook for months on end.

Heh. I your savagery has gotten me rekt I suppose.

Actually I was hoping for a mix of criticism and validation. Let's get the discussion going. What makes them bad?

In a way Jar Jar has a three stooges esque vibe but he's really just a complete retard where you can only laugh at his suffering.

The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"

Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.

Geesh that sounds pretty cruel. Something a sith would do

The Phantom Menace is actually my favorite of the prequels.

I can understand the dislike for Jar-Jar, but it's still the best prequel movie.

Revenge of the Sith, however, is so insanely overrated by people everywhere that it blows my mind.

>What makes them bad?
The screenplay, the script. We've gone through this hundreds of times. This is like trying to have a debate with flat earthers.

I have never seen this pasta before...

What a juvenile piece of shit for man babies if you are past 12 and still like this shit kill yourself

Yeah many people often say the characters feel stiff and emotionless, but I think that is somewhat of a strawman. Think about it, the prequels follow the strict Jedi order, and the high-ranking politicians of the senate. Naturally those kind of characters are going to be very austere, but they do have cares and emotions.

Heh. Whenever somebody asks me what I think of Eposode VII, I say "yeah, Episode IV" was good.

Phantom Menace could be just the pod racing act and be way ahead of the other sequels. RotS's popularity exists solely on it's linkage to A New Hope

Are you implying 8 is a Star Wars movie?

STOP

MASTURBATING

Why are you so full of hate? Hate leads to suffering.

MUD HOLE? MY HOME THIS IS!

For some reason I think you'll dig this.
youtu.be/U9t-slLl30E

I don't know why, but I really like this wall paper

CIS SCUM LIKE YOU SHOULD BE SCRAPPED

I agree. Phantom Menace is one of my fav Star Wars movies. Love everything on Tatooine

Who's your guys' favorite Jedi? Mine's Qui Gon.

That Dexter Jettster looking motherfucker Krell from Clone Wars space vietnam arc.

RIP Waxer