Muh free speech

1. Is twitter the United States lawmaking body? No.

2. Is twitter trying to form a law? No.

3. Is twitter a United States lawmaking body trying to form a law? No.

4. Is Ben Garrisons understanding of the First Amendment solid? No.

5. Is Ben Garrison a giant idiot with the mental capacity and political understanding of a 15-year-old? Yes.

Why do sofa-nazis and alt-right SJWs aka Sup Forumstards such a giant problem understanding what "free speech" actually means?

Is it against the law to point out hypocrisy? No.

If you think social media has less of an effect on the masses than the government you are a retard. Social media shapes what the majority of people think. Most people get their info from facebook and twitter which are directly linked into happens. They get info first from people on the ground before the government and MsM has a chance. You control who and what gets heard on twitter and you essentially control the narrative.

Is it against the law to ban an opportunist, gigantic, and flamboyant faggot from using your site?

>Most people get their info from facebook and twitter which are directly linked into happens.

Oh okay commie, so should the government pass laws forbidding private companies to ban people from their servers?

Why do you want, the government socializing facebook and twitter?

Nobody said it was.

the law that serves free speech isn't the embodiment of free speech itself, you fucking retard.

Twitter advertises itself as a free speech platform, just like facebook, yet... they do not allow certain types of (conservative, and pretty much anything backed by facts) argument.

It's a hive mind situation that allows the problem to only be discussed from a certain perspective without any solution reached. So, rather than allow free discussion, it directs it.

I seriously doubt you have any grasp on any American right, being that Merkel's got your tongue. Cuck off, cuck.

bait 2/10

Also, Zyklon Ben nailed it with this cartoon faggot.

>Twitter advertises itself as a free speech platform, just like facebook, yet... they do not allow certain types of (conservative, and pretty much anything backed by facts) argument.

Muohh, you haz a sadz?

When has advertisement ever been not completely correct? Outrageous!

>pic related: And you'd still buy it, fatty.

I'll bite.
Free Speech != Freedom of Speech.
They're selectively censoring. He was banned because he's a provocative conservative faggot, not because of what he said.

Think of it this way, you open a shop and say you'll kick out anyone who's too loud then you kick out a bunch of niggers who start talking quietly but leave the white man who's yelling at the TV (opposite day I know), is that not discrimination?

Also, when you start working hand in hand with government you should probably be made to follow the same laws as government agencies.

it's against the law to not bake an opportunist, gigantic, and flamboyant faggot a cake, so why not?

Free speech is a concept separate from the first amendment you fucking mong

Free speech is more than a law in the US

It is an ideal that we are all supposed to believe in

We can still want free speech on Twitter even though Twitter isn't legally required to offer us it.

hope you left your wife's kid at mcdonalds yesterday

Selling burger vs. selling a discussion platform. When you have to do something to make a tangible product vs. you have to do nothing to be as you advertised.

>It is an ideal that we are all supposed to believe in

Try sounding a bit more gay, please.

Oh look, a regressive faggot who think gays should only speak and act one way.

You're the reason why people hate gays.

Germany, don't you have have some refugee dick that needs sucking.

I wish Sup Forums would ban your shit-tier flaming ass! Fuck-off back to the Moschee/Mosque and offer your 20th prayer of the day, cunt-face!

>all these burgers being triggered by hans' top tier trolling

Good job hans

Milo may be a faggot, but he's our faggot.

Except leftists version of free speech is speech they agree with only. Contrary opinions are hateful.

Based Ben Garrison

>Oh look, a regressive faggot who think gays should only speak and act one way.

lol, you sound butthurt and like you still have cum dripping from your ass. Did the niggers go down hard on you again?

No, you can be a conservative on twitter with your "facts" all you want.

You can't however do shit like be repeatedly inflammatory to other users for not being conservatives which is how many of you faggots get banned and crying about muh free speech.

>hundreds of memeshitters start attacking the gb actress and it's becoming news about how twitter isn't doing anything to help her.
>milo joins in because he's stupid
>twitter makes a big public showing about how they're going to do something
>milo gets caught in the easily avoidable banwave

He was stupid and so are you

this movie has the most hilarious promo ever. it's retarded funny. feig is a jewish cuck, kneeling infront of the mighty white vaginas.

Go suck Fruit-aeu's ass some more, Leaf!

>I wish Sup Forums would ban your shit-tier flaming ass!

Here we have a German neonazi hating free speech.

>independent business that depends on clicks/users/ads for money
>currently in financial trouble and losing customers fast
>does this
>despite it being more damaging to them then it is to Milo
so the SJWs really do eat themselves

#wow #whoa

Go get arrested some more for expressing distaste at the islamification of your country.
I wouldn't be surprised if you fags could get arrested for supporting a right-wing party now.

It's just easy cash, jews love it, they pander to the PC-SJW crowd because is the trend right now.

OK, Twitter is not obliged to give service to anyone if they don't want to, it's part of their freedom of association and freedom of trade.

However according to those same principles, bakeries should not be forced to bake cakes for people they don't like.
The precedent has been set, fuck Twitter.

free·dom of speech
noun
noun: freedom of speech; plural noun: freedom of speeches; noun: free speech; plural noun: free speeches

the right to express any opinions without censorship or restraint.

censorship or restraint... .. .
The fact that twitter wants to allows certain groups freer speech is a direct contradiction to the idea of FREE SPEECH.

Just because certain users of a certain group are so sensitive, and useless, doesn't mean they shouldn't be held to the same standards as the person they are arguing with.

Twitter is a business. Who do you think the jews are backing?

>Go get arrested some more for expressing distaste at the islamification of your country.

What happened to Abos who expressed their distaste for the Christianization of their country? Just wondering.

>I wouldn't be surprised if you fags could get arrested for supporting a right-wing party now.

Poor ozzy nazi.

in theory, you're right of course... but... capitalism

it's a really stupid move. but you do obviously know that.

Hey faggot, just wanted to make sure you seen my reply. If still no reply I'm chalking this up in the W column, of BTFO SJW... oh wait there is no L column for arguing with you guys, I wonder why.

You know what this OP illustrates, better than anything else? In modern society, "I don't like it" is now ostensibly a synonym for "I want it to go away."

Was this a deliberate social engineering campaign?

this trend is worse than twerking

Free speech and the 1st amendment are too different things
If you want to shut down ideas you don't agree with you don't support the idea of free speech

Right, you're the kind of skinny faggot that calls another person an asshole constantly and when they punch you in the face you complain about them violating your right to "free speech". Pussy.

but is anyone claming that its against the first amendment or law.. or they just customers not pleased with the service?

German more based than all the alt-right faggots on /pol! You guys are free to set up a new twitter like social network with your own rules. You can post whatever the fuck you want including holocaust denial and I'll defend your right to do so. And I'll defend your right to discriminate based on the religion and the color of the skin if you don't want any mudslimes and niggers to allow to register on your shitty safe spaces.

milo was acting fucking retarded on twitter

what does free speech have to do with the US government

i thought it was only american libtards that were dumb enough to bring that up

how do people view twitter

i still don't even know what twitter is

do you have to actively sit by your phone and then someone famous you follow writes a little sentence like instant messenger or something and then you read it?

is that twitter in its entirety?

I don't understand anything you're trying to say. Can you just say it directly instead of making some non sequitur list?

If you censor people, then you're against free speech. This is practically analytic.

i've talked once to a guy my age (back then 25), that denied the holocaust. dude was legit retarded. like breeding only with right-winged morons retarded.

>he doesn't see a problem with a few companies controlling most modern vectors of speech doing whatever they want
desu it's mostly because governments haven't yet realised it's a problem and haven't legislated on it

Nobody anywhere has ever said Twitter doesn't have the legal right to deny service to whoever it wants. Naturally they are not constrained by the First Amendment.

But freedom of speech is more than just legal procedure, it's a spirit. A commitment to open discourse, with the objective of discovering the truth through reasoned, ongoing dialogue.

Why do you like Sup Forums? Because of some law somewhere, or because its committed to the spirit of free speech? What would you say about Sup Forums if it dropped that commitment? Why should Twitter be any different? They have a right to deny people service, and the rest of us have a right to shit on them for not being committed to an ideal we think they ought to be committed to.

You're not attacking me, you are literally (as opposed to the use of literally in the statement Donald Trump is literally Hitler) arguing with the definition of FREE SPEECH. If I were told that I wasn't allowed unabashed free speech, I wouldn't care.
>skinny
5/4/3/185lbs, 203lbs. 5'11...

>was acting fucking retarded
His right like murican

so its still free speech as long as its not the state shutting it down? The US government isnt even mentioned in this caricature you moron.

Your post makes no fucking sense.

Highly underrated

>their country?
Not theirs. They were tribal, they had land (which they destroyed) but not a country. And honestly, I couldn't give a shit what a bunch of savages like them thought.
And trust a cucked German to not know Nazi's were left wing.

Listen, this entire clichéd line of argument is a fallacy. Nowhere in that comic is Ben Garrison invoking the First Amendment; he's taking about free speech as an Enlightenment concept, not as a law. I mean if the concept of free speech itself only applied to government persecution, all that would mean is that corporations got to dictate proper speech etiquette.

No dude, free speech as a concept is about so much more than the government stepping in. It's about a culture of allowing people you disagree with to have a platform.

freeze peach

>And trust a cucked German to not know Nazi's were left wing.

Then please fill me in what is right wing in contrast to the Nazis, who were wing, according to you?

>Zyklon Ben vs Matilda the Gorilda

I would buy this on pay-per-jew in a heartbeat

German guy is LAST to explain, what Free-speech means.

Free Speech means FREE SPEECH .

Just that. You may say anything. You never hurt anybody by speech and it is your RIGHT to insult anybody in non-harmful way instead of physical violence.

Then, the most important:

DISGUST IS NOT HATE.

There is a right and obligation to DISGUST evil and wrong-doing and degeneracy and filth. It is biologically and genetically conditioned, because only that one, who disgusts degeneracy, will survive. Those, who do not disgust degeneracy, will themselves degenerate and will be exterminated by natural process.

This is why you naturally disgust excrements and vomited stuff and dead corps, because it is filthy and full of bacteries. This is, why people naturally disgust homosexuality, because it is source of diseases, beside being reproduction barrier.

It is healthy, correct and good to disgust evil and filthy things.

you consent to being censored whenever you post anything on someone else's website. if you have a twitter account (or facebook, reddit, it doesn't matter) you make it knowing (from ToS) that it can be taken away from you at any time, for no reason. these spaces were never designed to defend free speech, they were designed to generate income.

therefore, if some alt-right retard starts spreading hate speech around the site and the right people start complaining about it, twitter shuts him down because they think that, in some term of time, milo will hurt their income more than he will help it. it isn't complicated.

God damn, 45 years of soviet rule has left you people with some serious genetic defects, hasn't it?

You don't understand. People who are arguing for free speech on social networking platforms aren't saying that twitter doesn't have the right to kick anyone off its service for any reason, they're saying that twitter shouldn't be doing that because the concept of allowing people with bad opinions to speak is more important than people not having their feelings hurt.

Don't conflate this with the first amendment. This is about getting twitter to change its service, not about taking twitter to court.

Scheisse post

Reminds me of the kids that would go ape shit screaming free speech when they were banned on some forum.

Seems we have some grown adults that still act like those kids.

Are you autistic?

No one is saying that his rights are being violated or that they're breaking the law.
Everyone is simply pointing out that twitter is a bunch of obvious hypocrites with a clear agenda that revolves around silencing dissent.
Being that you're from fucking Germany you should understand this already. But you're probably some nu-male that your parents wish they aborted.

Good riddance your country is a joke.

>user how come you always go to Asia for vacation? Why don't you go to Germany or France?

Because of people like you. You people deserve Islam at this point. Don't ask us for help.
Murder the world like you've done since the 1000's AD or shut the fuck up.

And also, after it is possible to publish such NASTY things in Europe,

and get calls "JE SUI CHARLIE" from most politicians, who thereby santified this wrongdoing as normal,

and get a flamy defence of FREEDOM of SPEECH and EXPRESSION by politicians, who justify this nasty filth,

then it is possible to say or write anything, unless [1/2]

You fucking pussy. The reason European governments actually pass laws banning hate speech is because people like you see speech in terms of its utility rather than perceiving the ability to have an opinion as a universal human right.

[2/2] ... unless you touch the INTOUCHABLES ...

(Because from Charlie HEB-do they fired the cartoonist for this (or similar) cartoon... From some classes it is not possible to make a mockery...)

To find, who rules over you, look, whom you are not allowed to criticize...

Fuck off

i explained what it's about. this isn't about protecting one ideology over the other, it's about profit. right now, prevailing ideologies on a place like twitter aren't alt right. they don't give a shit ideologically about "the concept of allowing people with bad opinions to speak" or fucking "feelings."

if enough people complain about this guy, and they have a reasonable out (claiming that he was brigading that actress) to protect the integrity of their platform, it's logical for them to ban him.

if people cared more about twitter upholding this guys right to say whatever he wants on their platform than they care about getting him kicked off of twitter for being a hateful dick (and therefore more revenue would be lost from kicking him off the site, because the site's users would be upset), twitter probably wouldn't have banned him.

main point: twitter's decision here has little to do with the political ideals of those behind the platform and everything to do with the fact that companies seek to maximize profits

Fucking wrecked

You dont get it. All jews have a secret political agenda, they aren't just trying to maximize profit.

its not that twitter isn't allowed to ban who they please
it's that they've got an obvious bias but still are claiming to be some sort of bastion of free speech.

If an entity censors one viewpoint while espousing its counter, then there is no freedom of speech there. It really isn't that hard germany, I know you guys are championing this with twitter and facebook in europe but at least have the balls to admit it.

all speech is free speech kraut

>the jews
k got it

Nobody ever said it's a violation of the 1st amendment, they said it's a violation of free speech. Two different things. The public has a right to know that a company does not support free speech so they can make an informed decision about whether or not they want to use that company's services.

Deal with it, libfags.

That's different though, a more accurate example would be McDonald's saying they'll serve anyone and then turning away blacks when they show up.

Never has a post been so underrated

>private company decides they don't want someone using their service
>this is somehow a bad thing

Jokes. I am on your side. I'm much more economically concerned than about issues like gay marriage and muh white race

I completely understand the economic justification for the ban. In fact, I think that most corporations happen to be apolitical; all they care about is profit, and public perception plays a huge role in profit. My problem is that by doing this they encourage a culture that thinks that the best way to deal with a crappy opinion is to ban it entirely. It's raising teenagers to think that "blocking trolls" is a perfectly reasonable response to the problem. Sunlight is the best disinfectant; all that banning these people does is make them angrier and allow their hate to fester.

No dude, ridicule works better. And twitter should come out and say that. They should say "if they're harassing you, block them. If they have bad opinions, ridicule them. If they threaten you physically, then report them to the police." They should be encouraging this type of attitude, rather than the censorious attitude that argues that feeling secure in your opinion is more important than allowing you to have access to the wrong opinions.

Sometimes you have to have principles to fight for, Hans

Now prep the bull for your girlfriend if you have one

I find it funny you leftist retards keep saying "hurr theyre a private company they can do what he wants" while simultaneously whining about other companies that disallow gays / muslims / etc.

Find a new argument or move on to the next thing to be a victim about.

>No dude, ridicule works better. And twitter should come out and say that. They should say "if they're harassing you, block them. If they have bad opinions, ridicule them. If they threaten you physically, then report them to the police." They should be encouraging this type of attitude, rather than the censorious attitude that argues that feeling secure in your opinion is more important than allowing you to have access to the wrong opinions.

Would you be against the government forcing them to do this?

I hate when some random asshole replies to someone you're having a discussion with and the guy you're having that discussion with thinks you're the one who made that post.

You're damaging my arguments man.

We have ID's. I'm sure he's not retarded and can differentiate between you and I.

Why are you such a fucking faggot?

They are free to ban him if they want and people are free to criticize their actions(AKA them banning him).
Fucking twat

Never understood why Americans here still believe in their "free speech" myth when, at the same time, Twitter regularly shuts them down completely.

Smh desu.

Yes. I'm asking twitter to provide a better service, not asking the government to dictate what a private corporation is allowed to do with regards to speech.

Not talking about government. This is a private service not a public one.

You have institutions censoring content NOT because it violates rules but because it's contra to someone's politics.

Milo did not incite anything. Twitter's CEO wanted to make an example of him for Leslie Jones. Oddly enough this proves that a black woman has more privilege today because favoritism is at play. She TOLD Jack Dorsey to do something and he did.

Only the government is not allowed from censoring speech. If a private company wants to limit speech on their product then they're fully allowed to do that.

>alt right
>SJW

You don't seem to know the concept of free speech, but you live in the Germany so its no wonder I guess.

When I see you on the street I'am free to tell you that I THINK that you are fucking faggot.
But if I come to your home and start screaming that I think you are a fucking faggot, I still have all the right to say it while you have all the right to throw me out of your house.

nice quints tho

Just post horsey already you faggot. I Know you want to.

Free Speech doesn't refer to the law. It refers to a concept.

Simple.

Now, Mohammed, if you can't understand a concept as simple as free speech, you should be fucking banned this board.