I want to harddrive a movie

I want to harddrive a movie.

What kind of stories really get people to think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v0XQd9zYMc0
youtube.com/watch?v=dVZ5Oo8ON4Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Schneider Primes

Is this better?

More like this. If you're going to spend $50,000 on a camera you might as well spend more than $3,000 on a lens that at least has the ability to open up to T1.9.

However most of that shit is probably rented though but still

You'd use Zeiss glass over Panavision?

Yes, no need for anamorphic when rocking a fat 8K sensor

Standard round primes and a large resolution sensor are all a nigga needs

tfw im getting a weapon 6k that is in line to be upgraded to the 8k Helium VV sensor

Can't afford ultraprimes, or zeiss master primes, so I'm buying a set of Xeens which cover the 8k sensor just fine.

I'M MAKING MOVIES MAN!

learn how to make one before you drop loot on expensive shit.

Honestly all the mid range to high end primes are so close in the quality of the image that you won't be able to tell a difference 99% of the time. You could easily shit out a Hollywood blockbuster on Rokinon lenses and one person out of 10 million would be able to tell. Hell, even most cheap zoom photography lenses can be very hard to tell the difference in sharpness as long as you aren't changing focus which makes it breathe more than the primes.

youtube.com/watch?v=v0XQd9zYMc0

tl;dr: Xeen lenses are good enough

I know what focus breathing is m8.

I still like working with Zeiss, Cooke and even Leicas. Got to operate and pull on Panavisions and those were a dream to work with. Fuck I'd love to own a master prime set.

Recently used the Xeens on the Weapon 6k and it was like any other pro lens. Great in post, easy to grade. Gonna pick em up.

I'm buying the camera so I can always have one available in my productions.

Rokinon Lenses are fantastic. The Xeens are all great but the best thing they offer is the basic Cine primes. They are out of this world for for how much they cost, which is only like $600 a piece. A set of Rokinon primes, a GH4 or GH5, and a external recorder that will capture 10bit 422 will get you so close to being indistinguishable from a high quality cinema camera to the average viewer that it's almost scary. The only downside is the rolling shutter, but on the GH5 it's nearly invisible if you aren't doing any really fast movement.

now I've heard lighting and mics are more important than cameras. how true is that.

>harddrive a movie

Is this an attempt to update the word "film" to the digital age?

>trying to compare Zeiss Ultra Prime to Panavision

I get it if you were comparing Zeiss Master Primes to Panavision, but Zeiss Ultra Prime is significantly inferior to both Master Primes and Panavisions.

>Ever actually buying any of this equipment

Even professionals only rent it out. You have to be a sucker to actually pay for this overpriced crap, especially if you're a beginner doing amateur stuff.

Trust me, nobody's gonna want to watch your shit more just because you shot on a $10,000+ camera. Just spend 500 on a DSLR and work with that till your work dosen't suck anymore.

Lighting, color grading, and knowing how to use the camera you have is everything.

This was filmed with a camera and lens that costs just under $500.
youtube.com/watch?v=dVZ5Oo8ON4Y

Of course you will get better results with a $50,000 RED camera, but the RED camera is absolutely not necessary to get beautiful shots and certainly not necessary to make a good movie.

Good advice. I'm consigning my equipment for rentals.

This will allow me to always have "free" access to my camera for my facebook videos.

>extra $15,000 to go from T1.9 max to T1.3 max

>not getting a Black Magic Pocket Camera + Veydra cinema prime
>12 bit 13-stop RAW files with global shutter and a sharp prime lens for only $2000

You poor niggers literally have no excuse to not be making your own indie movie right now

Wait, I thought literally everyone who was into movies knew this. It's like the moralfags who get pissed off when you tell them you pirate ableton

>Friend says he wants to make movies
>Buys a GoPro and "knows a guy" who is going to film on his iPhone in this project they're doing