The last kingdom - Odda edition

"Netflix joined the series as co-producer for season two, and could theoretically continue with the show without the BBC.
A third season is unlikely to be released until mid-2018, following the 15-month gap between the first two instalments."

>A third season is unlikely to be released until mid-2018

thank fucking god

Why is he such a cunt

but dats not odda. This is odda.

more importantly why does he have the fleur de lis on his head

yeah I can't wait, too ^^

posting oddas till then

This show is like Pokemon with Uthred as Ash and the vikings as team rocket

Autism

I mean that Uthred is a fucking Mary Sue tactical genius who wins every battle while the vikings are comical retards who show up just to get BTFO every single time

One of the comfiest shows out there, severely underrated

His whole character is flawed as fuck, the ONLY thing he is good at is fighting. How is he a mary sue?

The vikings get BTFO due to their own hubris

In what way is he flawed? He is an ultra lucky super fighter who nobody can match, he single highhandedly saves Wessex every, single, time but gets no credit for it because Alfred the GREAT is a fucking bitch in this series

tell me this wasn't the season finale?

it felt like one but it was only ep8

s1 had only 8 eps

>tfw

oh fuck man, this shows actually decent

He doesn't single handedly save wessex, he leads ARMIES which save wessex.

>In what way is he flawed?
Almost gets himself killed multiple times, he's an asshole to almost everyone and doesn't know when to be respectful and how to 'play the game' of politics. First season he's a jerk especially and blunders by without getting executed a bunch of times because the king needs him to be a commander.

Is there a more unlikable Mc?

The fuck you on about? He's charismatic as fuck and loses a leg

Those aren't flaws, those are things that underline his character's awesomeness

>He's charismatic as fuck
fuck no

that's not a main character

A time skip is in order I'm guessing

I was hoping this old man would dump the cunt king and go be a warrior again

naaaa, Odda is loyal as fuck. Remember the fate of his son?!

btw, I really like that he is still around and trying to help Uthred. Battle-Bros respect each other.

user..

Just watched 3rd episode of second season. It's an Uthred goes and kills a priest in a church over words episode.

w-well I didn't watch the latest episode just yet... DONT DO THIS TO ME, ODDA! FUCKING CURSE OF WULFHERE?! REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

to be fair, he was pretty fucked up at that point. That whole slave-thing didn't exactly lighten his mood.

dw, he stays loyal

Odda dies, Steappa dies, Erik and Siegfrid both die

now why did you have to go and do that for..

goddamit, i didnt even know the season had started, for some reason i thought they were waiting till later in the year

I like how fags keep producing blatant B-tier ripoffs of GoT
>Game of China
>Game of Pirates
>Game of Vikings
>Game of Vikings and English ""People""

> why
Because I can

this was kino to be honest

>oddas death scene
Alfred you cunt.

Clapa died, not steapa.

>based Clapa
>based Odda
>based Erik
>based Sigfried
F

Literally my fav part of the show is watching him get btfo by Utrhed, Aethelwold and the like

He was at the battle tho. He had a helmet on so you couldve missed him.

You keep that edge nice and sharp now, you heard little user?

What happened to Hild? I just realized i dont even remember the last episode she appeared in

You are just dumb.

became abbess or something, it was somewhere mid-season

You can always tell when the Americans are waking up. The tone of the internet suddenly drops by five fathoms.

im considering reading the books, but i dont want to spoil what happens next

Cornwell is a crappy writer t.b.h.

He's good at plotting and knows his history, but reading his """""prose""""" is like chewing gum.

>it's an "muricans can't handle MCs that are not 100% goody 2 shoes" episode

kek

>horse riding right into the shield wall
>implying a horse would drive up a fucking wall which a shield wall basically is
If this worked there would be no problems with breaking shield walls whatsoever.

>more importantly why does he have the fleur de lis on his head
it was a symbol of kingship going back to at least clovis i

what's up with the tattoo on his arm?

I read them after the first season and I highly recommended. The battle scenes are the best I have ever read, unfortunately the show doesn't have he budget to do them justice. They are short and very fast paced so it's a fun and quick read. Also Uhtred is less SJW than in the show.

I can't wait a couple more seasons when Uhtred wants to smack a backtalking bishop with his giant standing cross but doesn't notice that the end is sharpened and sticks it into his skull. I hope they keep that in the show, that was fucking hilarious.

Horses will do whatever you make them do, they are trained to be totally compliant to the point of suicide. Running at a shield wall is a lot less frightening than running at cannons and gunlines.

I watched the first three episodes yesterday and just can't get into it. To me it just doesn't feel believeable at all, especially Uthred and his bitchy girlfriend. Most of the other characters are pretty neat, but when the lead sucks ...

You should watch more if you are talking about the first season, gets really good in the latter half

He never stops being a bitch, it's just the way Danes are, they have a different set of values

OHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh hi hi hi heeeeeeeeeee ohh oh oh oh oh hh woahhhhhhhhh yai yai yia heeeeeee yayay yayy yaya ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hi hi hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

>they are trained to be totally compliant to the point of suicide
Which is why musket-armed troops never formed square to defend against cavalry, because the horses would just charge onto their bayonets and squash them.

Ruling is hard, and all that.

Tfw read all the books because I didn't want to wait

>Gisela dies in child birth
>Uthred fucks Alfreds daughter
>Old insane priest is coached in to insulting Gisela during a feast
>Uthred kills him in front of all Wessex
>Runs away
>Fails to capture Bebbenburgh with like 20 men
>Kills his uncle tho
>cousin now owns it
>Alfreds bastard cucks Uthreds cousin and lord if Bebbenburgh
>Runs back to Mercia becauae he promised Alfreds daughter to be her vassal
>First son becomes a priest
>second son becomes a warrior like Uthred
>daughteru becomes a qt pagan priest killer like her daddy
>dicks around defending Mercia and Wessex for 20 years
>alfred dying and gives him land no strings attached
>swears loyalty to alfreds son because he didn't wanna be rude
>elected lord of Mercia
>steps down and has alfreds daughter crowned as lady of mercia
>55 and still defending mercia and wessex from danes
>daughter married some viking warlord from ireland
>His first gf whats her name is super bitter and mad because ragnar died of old age
>castrates uthreds priest son

It really drags on

The best parts about the books is the slave taking and rape.

Feels good how the saxons are finally enslaving Danish women and children after the first 6 being the opposite.

>Uthred fucks Alfreds daughter

WHAT A TWIST

>netflix

fug, it's over.

>that part in the last book where Uhtred barges into the hall to expose the plot against him
>that part in the last book where Uhtred schools the fuck out of the kings son
Best book yet.

>can't fight for shit
>has to rely on story telling and lying to survive

Love this show. Don't care how much you fuckers shit talk it.

How can father beocca be fighting, married AND a priest

Do I have to somehow first accept the quest for 2k gold for 20 private matches?

Priests could marry during this period. The reason the church banned it was largely because priests were giving their sons church land.

Monks were the ones often sworn to chastity

I haven't seen the show so I don't know the exact circumstances but it was quite common for Priests to be married in the past, especially Priests trained in the Irish tradition, which a lot of English Priests were.

>When Haestin is finally caught in a lie

>When Finan smacks his brother and his brothers champion so hard the Irish refuse to fight

>Ywn fuck Mus
>Ywn fuck the deaf mute goddess grill
>Ywn fuck Aethelflaed
>Ywn make Aethelflaed jealous by having younger lovers

>when the battlecry is FOR MUS

>>>When Finan smacks his brother and his brothers champion so hard the Irish refuse to fight
God damn my dick was so hard.

That entire last battle was great.

I did pick Mus being the bishops wife much earlier, I think when they couldn't find her. I don't know why that little side plot was even included desu.

Seems poimtless. We'll probably never see Mus again.

I did like that one Dane that switched sides because his wife was captured, I thought that was nice but too convenient for the rescue plot.

Excited for the next one tho

Shame Cornwell is doing something else first before returning to Uhtred.

>10th book was scheduled for 2016 release
>Its 2017

Nigga, it has been out for the past 8 months.

Oy vey

I know what I'm doing tomorrow then

Good night user. Thanks for the heads up

Yeah, enjoy it. It's the best one yet imo.

odda served the kingdom at the cost of his own life and honor. rest in rip old man.
not to forget clappa the friendly giant and the viking bros.