Rank the Latin American countries by best to worst by how good their sporting culture is

Rank the Latin American countries by best to worst by how good their sporting culture is

Attached: 83A1D7A6-490C-46B5-99AE-ACDAA671690A.jpg (1000x1232, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-time_Pan_American_Games_medal_table
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Rank the Latin American countries by best to worst
i only know that the USA are the worst

kek

Brazil
Argentina

Colombia
Chile
Uruguay

After this it's probably Mexico and then literally who cares tier.

Not a Latin American country

lol

goblino

France
-POWER GAP-
Sudacas
-MEGA POWER GAP-
Los Estados Unidos©

>French Guyana highlighted
>other two, actually independent, Guyana aren't

Attached: thou_hast_to_be_tristing_with_me.png (500x750, 700K)

macaco

Dutch, English nor French aren’t Latin languages

LatiANOs are not good at sports

Best:

Currently Argentina, Brasil and Colombia
Despite the fact management is a complete nightmare in Argentina, it's made up in raw talent.

out of all these 3 Argentina has the best sporting culture in general, more diverse than any other south american country and puts the most money into these fields.

Mid tier: Uruguay, Chile, Ecuador, and as of recently Peru

These countries struggle but hold their own, even weaker ends like Peru have shown considerable growth in their athletic culture, the better living conditions there the past decade have helped a lot. Chile has a good budget to spend on sports but very little interest outside of Futbol and some minor rugby and cricket leagues.

Low tier: Bolivia, Paraguay

no culture of competition, rampant corruption,abysmal levels of pride for their own teams, there's been some decent athletic figures that have come out of these two but it's extremely limited and shows no major signs of improvement.

Can't even afford food tier:

Venezuela

Attached: lat.jpg (1181x770, 624K)

Cuba
Brazil
Argentina
Mexico
Colombia
The rest

Also this

Peru

- POWER GAP -

Not even playing sports

- POWER GAP -

Uruguay
Argentina
Brazil

- POWER GAP -

Colombia
Chilel

- POWER GAP -

All the others honestly I don't know anything about them, just international footie

- POWER GAP -

Estados Unidos

Brazil
Argentina
Uruguay
Chile
Colombia
Mexico
Peru
Paraguay
Costa Rica
Ecuador
Bolivia
Venezuela
Honduras
Panama
El Salavador
Nicaragua
Guatemala
Cuba

nevermind i misread the op, i thought we were ranking them on success

same difference

i guess your underestimating venezuela

>All these people rating >us higher than Argentina. Argentina cares about more sports than we do. Brazil is a football/volleyball nation and not much else and given the size of our population (and GDP) compared to Argentina we are an absolute joke. is on the money here

Brazil and Argentina are pretty competitive in the world stage in the two most relevant sports , Football and Basketball. I'd say those 2 are in hte top shelf for that reason. I forgot Tennis too.
Colombia and Uruguay have been pretty good at football and roducing world stars since the beginning of the thing but honestly I don't know one non-soccer athlete from there.
I'd put them around shelf ~3.
Chile just happened to have a good generation of players. They can't really count imho as anything serious sportswise.
So I'd say
>Very relevant in the sports world:
Brazil
Argentina
>Have a respectful sport at which they are very good at:
Uruguay
Colombia
>Mediocre:
Mexico
>The rest

five (5)

Attached: 6CA661A9-883A-4EBA-8150-9454411D82DF.jpg (650x472, 44K)

Is Chile a nice place to live? Ive always liked SA but I dont want to much nigger shit like Brazil

Memes aside what about Argentina?

im not saying Brazil is a joke, but it definitely holds little to no interest on other sports as it does to futbol, I mean even smallet countries frustrated by their poor performance (Bolivia) are branching out (Rally racing)

Argies actually beat >us at basketball that one time
can’t be mad at them as a San Antonio Spurs lifelong desu

>what about argentina

its expensive, we tolerate you foreigners too much and the food isn't great.

fuck off

As a Texan at least we should be happy that we aren’t a legitimate Latin American country like Argentina

>sporting culture
>niggers are unironically placing Keklombia and Uragay above Mexico because divegrass.

>American linguistics

Only in a comfy southern city

Attached: 1290539228_valdivia_chile_aereo-1000x526.jpg (1000x526, 207K)

for me, it’s Emmanuel Ginobili

>drug smuggling and beheading is a sport ese

it's not their fault they practice a whole different kind of "cross country"

Uruguay sucks at everything but soccer. As does Chile, but at a least they had two meme tennis players who decided to get really good at the olympics once.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-time_Pan_American_Games_medal_table
You know you're bad if you're behind Guatemala in anything.

Might be off topic but I’m trying to learn Spanish, and Chicanos are assholes about it when I try to practice with em

Which country is cool to visit and try to immerse myself in it?

What about Costa rica and panama?

equatorial guinea

there's nothing on those places but jungle, monkeys, botflies and brown short manlets beheading each other la'

Valparaiso is great. Good food, nice weather (not too hot or cold Mediterranean climate), good music scene, good looking women, wine, etc.

It is kind of expensive though.

>all those retards ranking brazil above argentina
don't you know they literally only play football? we don't even care about that sport (we are elite at +10 others) and we still have more cups than them

>we don’t care about that sport

What? And no you don’t

>meheeco criticizing anyone about this
I'll give you panama but Costa rica is beautiful and very safe

We play lot of sports, it would be like saying Americans only care about baseball, which would be false

They have more Olympic medals than you, and have 5 world cups. How are you above them?

I'd love to tell you but your country has more to do with those than mine does.

It's kinda hard to say who comes first, it might be Argentina because they have a bigger sports pool than >ours, but they are only truly succesfull at Football, Hockey and Polo (but who gives a shit about those last two), and good(ish) at Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, Boxing and Rugby. While Brazil is GOAT tier at Football, Volleyball, MMA, and good at Judo, Sailing, Basketball.

Mexico dominates boxing, and has more olympic medals than them. We also have more cups than Colombia. Tell me which sport Colombia dominates?

I visited Buenos Aires two weeks ago and literally no one was talking about anything but futbol

Colombia is improving while Mexico is declining. Similar to Brazil and Argentina.

>mexico dominates boxing
only because of clembuterol, and the good boxers in my country beat anyone of yours

Olympics are games, not sport

They have 5 WCs and 8 CA (13), we have 2 and 14 (16)

We've got 7 players in the ATP top 100, Brazil has 0 (none)

Formula 1: best Argentine driver (Fangio): 5 titles; Senna won 1 or 2 and he retired

Polo, we are #1 by far, they don't even make it to the top 10

Futsal, it's Brazil's national sport and we are the current world champions

Hockey, we are currently #1, they don't even make it to the top 20

Baskteball, we are close with Brazil but we've always been better. The current NBA player with the highest amount of rings is an Argie, Ginobili with 4 (more than superstars like LeBron o Curry)

Superficial stereotypes

l know a girl who lives in costa rica and the place isn't safe from occasional kidnappings, homicides and muggings.

That might be so, but they are still a nobody in every single sport. The same as Chile. Mexico might suck at football, but they aren't that great either, both historically speaking and currently. At least Mexico is to boxing what Germany is to football.
No they don't. Rosendo Alvarez only got a controversial TIE against Finito Morales, which really won that fight, because he gave Finito and non-penalised headbutt that open his eyebrow. And in the rematch he lost like a bitch (the same thing happened in their """tie""" actually).

>Finito Morales
Holy shit, what the fuck did I write. Finito Lopez*

>They have 5 WCs and 8 CA (13), we have 2 and 14 (16)
Right, that makes us completely superior to you, considering how Copa America simply doesnt compare to WC, we could have 0 of those and I wouldn't give a fuck.

>We've got 7 players in the ATP top 100, Brazil has 0 (none)
You gotta us there.

>Formula 1: best Argentine driver (Fangio): 5 titles; Senna won 1 or 2 and he retired
We have 8 titles won by 3 different racers, plus 2 (or 3) runner ups. You had one pilot competing in the most meme era o the >sport. We won on that, argieshart.

>Polo, we are #1 by far, they don't even make it to the top 10
>Hockey, we are currently #1, they don't even make it to the top 20
Two sports that you're better at us, fine, but what about Surfing and MMA, we're 10 times better, and unlike those two sports that argies are good, people give a shit about Surfing and MMA.

Argentina: best at Football, Tennis, Rugby, Golf

Brazil: best at Motor Sports, MMA, women's football

Mexico: best at Boxing

the rest are irrelevant

They win at mugging and transvestiting tho

>somehow the one who actually dropped the opponent was losing the fight
also the second fight was a split decision, far from the beatdown you make it to be

Try actually watching the fights, you dumb cunt. Fact of the matter is that Finito won and Rosendo only managed to draw while making illegal moves.

>best at Motor Sports
But Fangio is the GOAT

They are better at MMA (a new """"sport"""") but we are better at the classic version of pugilism: boxing

>muh copa america is worth the same as a world cup title
Let's pretend there weren't two fucking Copa America tournaments in 1959. It used to be done yearly, then every 2 years for a very long time.
Even as late as 2007 Brazil was sending it's B team to the Copa.

Uruguay is probably the best per capita football nation on the planet.

>MMA
>Relevant
what about boxing?

But they literally, in a literal way, only care about that sport

And they won all their titles back in the amateur era, even on clubs level they've have been irrelevant in continental competitions for decades

P E R
E
R

C A P I T A
A
P
I
T
A

Only with football titles we are 10k years ahead of everybody else in this continent, and everybody else in the planet for that matter

>finito won
keep telling yourself that

It's still impressive. They produce good players consistently and they've got a strong footballing history. Two world cups is two world cups.

>even on clubs level they've have been irrelevant in continental competitions for decades
I don't know a great deal about this, admittedly. Why is this the case?

Exactly this.

>sporting culture
How do you measure this shit?

>Why is this the case?
Money, Brazilian clubs are worth 10 times more than Uruguayan ones

>argentina
>best at football
Lol

Brasil sports
>GOAT tier
Football
Volleyball
MMA

>Great tier
Surfing
F1
Sailing

>OK tier
Basketball
Judo

Argentina sports culture
GOAT tier
>Football
>"Hockey" (yes, with the field one lmao)
>Polo

>Great tier
Tennis

>Ok tier
Boxing
Basketball (you had that one time only, there are at least 6 teams in the world that would destroy your ass)
Rugby (they are so proud of this one and yet never won shit)
Volleyball

We had a faggot named Paco Casal destroy our local league.

Argentina has an overall better sports culture, because they invest and care about all kinds of sports that other countries dont give a shit. Brazil, on the other hand, doesnt like sports that much, but we LOVE winning, so whenever we have someone good or a particular sport that we're good at it suddenly becames the national fever. We were the basketball nation when we had Oscar Schmidt, then became the Voleyball nation, then the Tennis nation on the Guga days, then boxing with Popó, MMA with the Gracie family and the recent hue domination, surf with the brazilian storm and the list goes on. When we stop winning we stop caring about them.

They are still butthurt with Neymar because he won against one of their teams in Libertadores in like 2011.

Brazil has way more people so they’re probably better than argentina

>>Great tier
>Sailing
Then what about us? We won a gold medal at sailing in your Olympics

1. Argentina
2. Brazil
3. Mexico
4. Puerto Rico
5. Cuba
6. Colombia
7. Venezuela
8. Dominican Republic
9. Chile
10. Peru

uhh sweetie, that's gonna be 4(FOUR) World Cups for you

>they invest
Nah, it's all amateur m8

We defeated the back-to-back 6 Nations champion (Ireland) in the last rugby WC using a bunch of amateur lads

Lol at the Argie retard using Copa Americas for his argument.

Literally everyone knows that having even 1 WC is infinitely better than having even 40 Copa Americas.

Plus there are lots of times Brazil don't even send their A team to Copa America. They didn't in the one in the USA a little while ago and they didn't in 2007, which they won with Vagner fucking Love

Get rekt faggot

kek, this is my second favourite meme, following "gardel es uruguayo"

No you didn't

>MMA
We used to be goat at MMA, but now we are literal shit tier

>Surfing
In overall talent I would actually place >us as the best right now.

No tips for you today, mesero

The fact that both are true must be hard to cope with.
I understand your suffering, please don't cry

don't talk shit about Vagner Love m8

What's next, Artigas wasn't Argentine? KEK

You uruguayans are funny people

>they invest and care about all kinds of sports

Attached: maolmao.jpg (272x185, 7K)

Link me to his sex tape pls

Brazil is OK tier at Sailing. In reality we had like 2 good sailers in all history, and there are like 20 different categories, so it doesn't even matter that much. Would rank as ok tier

When I said "invest" I actually meant "cared about". Rugby is a good example, its a very very VERY niche sport around here, while you have a top team even with amateurs, like you said

Well, the butthurt was more with the refball about his foul which was an obvious red card and resulted in the injury of the player who had Neymar anulled both legs.

I know right!
We're just a silly bunch, don't mind us big boy we're just an argie province are we not?

>being Argentina
>having the smallest SA country next to you
>having said country citizens consistently strengthening your identity and culture with theirs.
>having Tango, your national music and dance invented by said country citizens i.e. Mattos Rodríguez, Gardel, etc.
>having your football assraped for 100 years and counting by said country
>hating on every immigrant except those from said country because you know that they are far better than your mestizo country

Well, ill be claiming ownership of said country too. Otherwise it will make me seem like Rio de la Plata biggest cuck.

He won. That is a objective, verifiable fact lmao
But if you want to believe otherwise in order to feel relevant in SOMETHING, kek go ahead

It's also a niche sport here, we just happen to be decent at it. Of course we got rekt by teams like New Zealand, but we do ok against Europeans

1. Dominican Republic
2. Puerto Rico
3. Venezuela
4. Cuba
5. Colombia
6. Mexico
7. Curacao
8. Panama
9. Brazil
10. Nicaragua

>power gap

pretty much everyone else

Attached: sammy-sosa-white-dabbing.jpg (1236x820, 238K)

Why are Uruguayans so rude? For us we are the same people and you always talk abut how different you are or how much you hate us

finito was the one who kissed the ground, that is a fact, there is a also Alexis who raped mexicans on the regular and Choc recently, Carlos Buitrago hasn't lost to mexicans either