People don't pay attention

Alright, so I was showing "No Country for Old Men" to a few acquaintances and while it is a bit of an unconventional film to normalfags with its slower pacing, dark comedy, more subdued one on one action sequences, and very mildly ambiguous ending, it still has definite mass appeal in the acting performances and tension throughout. I'm not trying to say that these people are really stupid or that I'm a big mature man who only watches true Coen brothers art or anything, but these new viewers were just being slow. They were glued to their phones half the time and asking questions throughout about basic shit that was explained, about to be explained, or implied heavily. Then at the end they looked at me wide eyed and with contorted faces exclaiming, "WHAAAT?!" after TLJ's character explained his dream. They complained that there was no resolution and that "artsy-fartsy films like this" are stupid. I explained it all to them and they still scoffed. So how do you get through to these types of people and make them realize that they should stop being so narrow minded and closed to narratives that go even slightly beyond their simple expectations? Also, discuss the film, McCarthy adaptations, or other Coen stuff if you want. Yes, I'm aware there is a fucking ">agua" thread up. Pic semi related.

>inb4 nice blog post

yeah honestly, fuck this kind of people
i'd say just let it go. these types aren't up for anything thoughtful that will make them think and expend any more mental energy than the absolute minimum
in their defense, i oftentimes simply am not in the mental state required to watch a whole movie all the way without distractions, and would rather watch shorter videos or play some games for a bit.
it tdoes take the right state of mind tb-h

I guess I see where you're coming from, I can get that way if I'm just casually watching something that isn't incredibly captivating or whatever. I also know that everyone experiences things a little bit differently, but this film really has certain qualities to it that just yank me in and I can't stop watching.

yes i recently sat down and watched Arrival (2016) and at some of the slower points i caught myself reaching for my phone or opening a new tab to look at some memes while nothing was happening in the film

first off, how do I unsubscribe to this fucking blog
sencond
>there ain't no lobos
third, you just don't hangout with these people, that's what I did, and I can watch whatever kinos with my buds and be able to discuss them with an equal understanding of the film.
tl;dr, shit thread and you have shit friends

>watching movies with other people

Don't worry user, you'll get over this phase. You'll soon realise that sitting there watching people sit on their phones when they're missing a good movie only makes you angry and it's not worth it. Honestly there's nothing to be gained from it.

Did I say friends? No, I believe I said acquaintances BUD. I don't plan to "hang out" with them much especially after this.

I watched it with an actual friend of mine, and he paid attention and enjoyed it like he does with a lot of other films I show him. Maybe I will stop watching communally in the future, but I still know people who are open minded. I'm just upset at fuckers who can't enjoy films beyond hyperactive blockbusters.

SAMEFAG

>What the fuck, user?! You said you were putting on a comedy.
>This IS a comedy.

No.

Babby's first shoop. To bad.

avoid these kinds of people - they are legion - and if they are your friends you find new friends so they dont drag you down with them.

TURN YOUR FUCKING PHONE OFF

IS IT REALLY THAT FUCKING IMPORTANT

If they are the kind of people to sit on theirs phones the whole time on first viewing, odds are they aren't the kind that would enjoy those movies anyway. It's a lost cause brother, just let them be

>people vote republican
>people vote conservatrives
>people actually believe of a magician in the sky who will send them to heaven when they die

I lost 'faith' in humans ability to think in any sort of deep way a couple years ago now.

Now mister, why exactly would I go out of my way to acquire photoshop and do that? Doesn't sound too smart to me, friend-o. I think you ought to run along now little feller. Why back in my day, we not only didn't use photoshop to prove ourselves right to ay-none-ey-moose folk on Texan cow herding forums, but we also spelled "too" correctly! Heh! *spits chewing tobacco out*

>then why aren't you laughing?

Bender

Well now that was not very kind, Mr. Britbong (assuming you are because of your chosen colloquialism), but I forgive you.

Jesus fuck. It's autistic and anti-social to subject a group of people to a film bc you think it's important.
>P-pay attention guys
>D-did you get that
>Stop t-texting

Watch it on your own, suggest it to friends, that's it. Socially, watch something like like a comedy or television where you can talk and crack wise.

faggot shitposter

This.

You're really stupid

About the insight i'd expect, you're doing great. I'm sure your friends love you.

>watching movies with other people
>ever

You were asking for it, OP.

>Alright, so I was showing "No Country for Old Men" to a few acquaintances and while it is a bit of an
>showing "No Country for Old Men" to a few acquaintances

You own fault to expect other people to enjoy movies.

I thought (wrongly) that it would be of some interest to them. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing anyway. I didn't even talk unless they asked me shit. Oh yeah, and nice stutter typing. Very representative of my situation. Also, the guy you replied to wasn't OP, fucknuts.

And you, add something. Enough "This." posting you unbearable fagola.

>Turn off movie
>"Maybe Jersey Shore is more your speed"

Best way to deal with people like that is by just insulting their intelligence. State it very plainly or be sarcastic about it. Strongly imply that you smugly look down on them and their opinions aren't meaningful to you.

Such a trendy and awake liberal, this board greets you kindly. We hope for more of your blogposts about how smart you and everyone is stupid. Reddit was soooooo lame wasn't it?

>Oh yeah, and nice stutter typing. Very representative of my situation.

Thank you, I took a chance but felt pretty confident.

Yes yes, I've realized my mistakes. I'm just in an upset fervor about people unable to pay attention and enjoy their entertainment. Oh well. Time to move on I guess.

I mainly do this with good friends because I try not to insult people too much, but maybe I should next time and not be a bitch about it. Eh.

I'd say it could use more work. Try adding more stutter next post.

>implying i would ever befriend someone with average or below average intelligence
>implying i would remain in a room with people who pick up their phone every 30 seconds

kys

>watching movies

that was your first mistake op

Shit, you might just be right.

You're an unbearable shit. No wonder you suck at social situations. Who the fuck would want to spend free time with you?

>We hope for more of your blogposts about how smart you are
Yes, we do. Or at least I know I do. Trying to fool yourself that the fact you have good taste and high IQ doesn't make you feel good about yourself is just plain pretentious. Accept your vanity and your egoism and be free at last.

You sound like that insufferable friend everyone shit talks

We've all been there. Watching movies with other people is just too stressing. If they look at their phones once it's ruined for me.

I don't blame them, worst Coen bros. movie and massively overrated by idiots. I know the Coens personally through family friends and they just felt like pulling one over on the academy to prove they have no idea what they're doing.

*I* sound insufferable, by not forcing my friends to dedicate two hours to studying the film i command them to? Right.

>Hey, how 'bout that user, what a dick, huh? Always not making us watch movies.

>Yeah, what's the deal with that, it's like, he wants us to do what we feel like doing, asshole.

Damn dude... That... really... hurt...

Nah it's a genius 10/10 work of art and you're retarded if you think otherwise. Just because it's correctly recognized as such doesn't mean you're smart for stating the opposite, you mindless sheep contrarian mouth breather.

>try watch BvS with a friend
>he quits because "it's boring"
>wants to watch Marvelshit instead

Fuck normies.

Yup

You're still here?

I am, I often respond to replies. Sorta how this whole thing works.

If they were looking at their phones during the film then there isn't any reason to continue the discussion with them any further. They are plebs and aren't worth the effort.

Oh shit sorry. I forgot to add a little clause, lemme try again. You're still here, shitting up the thread?

i don't mind him staying it's fun to laugh at his posts when he talks like a sperg

Spergs sure do talk funny.

Divide your post into paragraphs so it is readable.

I don't feel like it, nerd.

I was watching all of the sopranos with a friend and he mostly liked it, which was pretty great, although he didn't quite grasp the subtleties at times
sometimes he would start talking though

mfw he didn't ever hear tony asking junior "I mean, don't you love me"...

this, if they can't even pay attention they never tried to get into the movie or understand it in the first place

Bump wtf

Fuck off kys

Whenever I hear people complain about Christians "constantly shoving their beliefs at people," I always think about posts like this.

>sit down to watch movie with some people
>gf
>my sister
>two male friends
>girls constantly getting up
>"anonnn pause it, I want to get a snack ;)"
>watch the movie for a little while
>constantly on their phones
>"wait, what's going onnn? I don't get it! Who is that guy? why is he attacking them???"
>cellphones making noises
>process repeats
>bros and I start getting annoyed

they are like children

You're a presumptuous little cunt