Doctors:pros and cons

Does Sup Forums trust doctors? I'm 40 and I feel like my health has been on the decline for many years, but I'm terrified of going to the doctor. I've got an odd but incredibly strong feeling that when they see me, they'll just basically go, "Oh, shit! Nate, right? We fucking forgot all about you! Thanks for coming, man. Anyway, you have stomach cancer, cirrhosis, and a golf-ball sized tumor in your brain. You got maybe 6 months, but depending on your insurance plan, I might could keep you above ground for a year or two, whaddaya say pal? Speaking of plans, have you made a will? My brother-in-law Chaim is one office over. Give him a holler!"

I've been thinking I had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel for going on two decades, but to my amazement and slight consternation, I keep managing to wake up every morning.

I have this overwhelmingly strong intuition that as soon as I set foot in a doctor's office, I'm a dead man.

I realize it's undoubtedly irrational, but is anyone else here absolutely terrified of going to the hospital? Is there anyone else who believes doctors may do more harm than good?

So please, give me both good and bad hospital experiences. Call me crazy, but I trust your opinion,Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/05/08/pediatric-dentist-abuse-fraud-lawsuit/26969291/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_vein_thrombosis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Christ. Sorry for the blog post, but some Swede from another thread brought back some terrible memories (pic related). It just hit me; other than walking in, making small talk, and leaving with my xanny and percocet scrips, I haven't been to the hospital since this happened.

And yeah, my legs are totally fucked.However, why do I get the feeling that I could walk around on them for another decade unless I went to a hospital - in which case they'd amputate tomorrow?

On the off-chance anyone thinks I'm exaggerating, check this shit out.

usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/05/08/pediatric-dentist-abuse-fraud-lawsuit/26969291/

>Schneider, 78, has been practicing in Jacksonville for more than 40 years. He has never been charged with a crime in connection to the jarring allegations, which the suit says include:

>• "Choking children to the point of unconsciousness rather than using appropriate anesthetic prior to doing tooth extractions..."
>• "Performing non-medically necessary dental procedures" without anesthetic and "fraudulently" billing Medicaid for them
>• "Using fear and threats to scare and thereby silence his victims, including threats not limited to saying things like 'Your mom will die' if you tell her what happened..."

You're probably wrong about being about to die. Bumping out of curiosity.

We have a saying in Greece

it roughly says

''No one is more stupid than a Doctor, except teachers''

original

Ουδεις μωροτερος των ιατρων, αν δεν υπηρχαν οι διδασkαλοι

That's normal man--the longer you go the more anxiety you'll have because you've built up its importance so much. It's called operant conditioning--doctors cause you anxiety and avoiding them relieves it, so you reinforce your avoidance.

The best thing you can do is schedule an appointment and go. They'll tell you you're fine, probably better than you expect, and then you'll be relieved of th anxiety you have about your health.

I experienced the same thing with my teeth. They're really nice but I didn't have insurance for a bit so I didn't go JT th dentist for 18 months. They were fine.

I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2010 doctors were on the ball went to surgery almost immediately and got constant checks so I can only sing praises for doctors.

Well, shit. Guess everyone's off rating dicks or feeding the trolls.

If there is anyone out there who can give me either positive or negative experiences in American healthcare, I would greatly appreciate it.

Greentexts welcome and encouraged. This could be fun. Tell us your story...

Woke up one morning coughing tablespoons of blood, ended up having an AVM in my right lung and spent a week in ICU care. It was shitty ( having a catheter and being on a ventilator ) but the docs patched me up and I'm good as new. Overall I'd say that's better than suffocating in a pool of my own blood at the age of 24.

That's not terminal? Pardon my ignorance, but I thought thyroid cancer was a death sentence.

I keep hearing that if they catch something early enough, you'll be ok. But isn't the treatment hellish? And even if you beat it, isn't there always a strong possibility it will come back?

it's one of the most easy to treat: remove the thyroid

they have to be on supplemental hormones for the rest of their life but I'd take having to swallow a couple pills everyday over cancer

you're thinking of pancreatic cancer

>Private doctors
Basically like mechanics or dentists.

Public doctors have no financial incentive to find problems.

>having an AVM
Yeah, I have google but can you elaborate?

As far as the catheter, Jesus. That's a fate worse than death. Whenever I hear about scaphism, stoning, waterboarding, whatever the fuck, I just chuckle.

You don't know what torture is until a catheter has been inserted and inflated inside your urethra.

It can be fucking terrible.

My mom went in for a colonoscopy. They perforated her colon without realizing it, she ended up in the ICU for over a month.

They botched the operation, second operation and then said "lol we don't know what's going on, come back in 6 months and we'll try again".

They were also about an hour away from amputating her leg due to an infection they could not find.

Stay away from shit hospitals, they will fuck you up.

Arterial Venous Malformation

basically a blood vessel in my lung was poorly formed and eventually was going to pop. Some people are born with these time-bombs in them. I'm just lucky that mine was in my lung (and not my brain)

I was also fortunate enough to have this vessel pop when I lived 5 minutes away from a hospital so I was able to drive myself to the ER and have them check me out

>doctors and teachers are dumdums
Greeks confirmed for retard culture.

I was also asleep for the insertion of the cath, thankfully. I wasn't even aware I had it in me until the nurse said it needed to be removed. THAT wasn't too pleasant but the sensation is similar to when you get swabbed for STIs

>a fucking leaf

its about how being educated can get to your head

Same way man, can't bring myself to trust the medical system.

>its about how being educated can get to your head
>education
>getting to your head
That's what we normal people call "knowledge". Apparently you Greeks forgot this after centuries of getting raped by Ottomans. No wonder your country is in such shit state when the average Greek is so stupid they inherently distrust doctors and teachers.

Looks like varicose veins, it is not something that is treated with amputation. A doctor could treat that and you should let a doctor see it. Life-threatening complications are uncommon, but DOES happen ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_vein_thrombosis ) a doctor can keep it from getting worse.

Doctors use the goyim to test drugs and operations on to ensure the safety of the (((chosen))).

How else could kissenger and soros live so long?

boy now I see why no one takes your country seriously

Im a nurse and i can tell you Most doctors do really look foward to helping you. the longer you keep from visiting one for a checkup at least the more problems you could be having. just because you dont feel them doesnt mean you dont have them.

>patient comes with dizziness
>do some tests etc etc
>he fell on the side because of it and fucked up a rib which pierced his lung and now has a chest tube
>do an mri ( dont remember exactly why i think some labs were off)
>man came with "dizziness" and got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer with mets to the liver.
>now has 2 more tubes on the side because the tumors are blocking off some channels in his body.

it really depends where you go

>patient gets admitted with sepsis
>had surgery on hip/leg in some hick town where he lives
>ortho doctor comes in and tells the nurses how they fucked it up plus the infection
>theyre gonna have to re do it

i went on vacation after that so i dont know what happened to the guy

>why do I get the feeling that I could walk around on them for another decade unless I went to a hospital - in which case they'd amputate tomorrow?

because you could. in the end doctors cannot do anything to you that you dont want. if you dont want your legs chopped then all theyll have to tell you is the risks associated with not going through and they wash their hands if anything else happens because of it.

>until a catheter has been inserted and inflated inside your urethra.
its really hard to fuck that up but ive seen it happen once from new nurses.

You really made him make you think.

But it was for nothing. You should reread his post.

You're either thinking of a rare thyroid cancer or different kind. Survival rates are 90 percent for thyroid unfortunately just like other user said I'm on thyroxine tablets for life. Oh well at least fatties can't make muh thyroid excuses next to me.

But America don't want the choice to have free healthcare (which in practice functions better than private healtht paid care even if private doctors get, but paid better. Most developed countries have both, but people get better service for free than the paid ones. Only reason to pay is to avoid a line, but anyone with anything serious rather get great quality free version)

If you're so worried just go OP. Preventative medicine is all the rage right now so if anything you'll probably just have your blood pressure checked and then a discussion on your health and how to improve it before real disease starts.

>medfag

I'm not exactly sure what you're implying. The fact that "mechanics and dentists" are motivated by cash to perhaps manufacture maladies to me is almost equally as worrisome as an apathetic ER quack who just wants to bounce after a 16-hour shift.

Again, this is exactly what the fuck I'm talking about and why I'm so apprehensive about a hospital visit even though I know my health is rapidly deteriorating. I hope you guys at least got a nice fat settlement out of it.

Nothing will heal the injustice inflicted on your mom, but a nice 6-figure check can be one hell of a salve.

subhuman legs. kill yourself for the führer now.

>Most developed countries have both, but people get better service for free than the paid ones. Only reason to pay is to avoid a line, but anyone with anything serious rather get great quality free version)

That's exactly what we have now here. Prove me wrong faggot

>this much analpain

At 40 you're probably fine almost no matter how you've been living. Rare genetic conditions not included, very few people are seriously ill at that age.

>go to hospital
>get my blood pressure checked 10 times

why

lol greeks really are stupid and wilfully lazy.

>I hope you guys at least got a nice fat settlement out of it.

Nope. She talked to a lawyer for a few months, but it was unlikely a court would find then at fault due to it being a community hospital, any money she would have received would have been paid for by tax payers.

They also have a history of accidentally perforating colons and fucking up, nothing happens.

If you need to go, make sure you go to a decent hospital. Ask people you know, read internet reviews, etc.

My experience was overall positive but positive just means you didn't see where they fucked up if they did. I don't need to know everything to know how hard it can get to do the job right or give you enough information to make a good decision about your health. The system is complex as fuck, and I had to ask or infer things to get to a level where I understood how the fuck this was going to work. You tell them what hurts and then they fix it, and then you deal with whatever they decide to do to fix it. Not complaining since they made me not die so that was cool but the 'most pleasant' time I've had is when I left and nothing bad happened at the hospital. You're there because bad shit it happening, and it can easy get scarier.
>pancreatitis
>how about some morphine son?
>'give me all of it'
>oh btw this makes you die if we give too much
>'what'
>yeah didn't I tell you, oh wait no I busy with the dying guy. anyways call me in two hours for the next dose, I won't remind you or give it to you without you asking because we don't actually want you to get morphine unless you really need it!
>'oh you fuckers'
>I call them every two hours
>takes them 45 mins average to respond to anything at any time, this is normal I've been there several times
>gonna put you on feeding tube
>uh okay
>knock me out, enjoy that for a bit
>gonna put you on feeding tube again
>we're not knocking you out though
>I freak the fuck out and get massive anxiety and have to go on benzos which I'm still on a year later because of that
>sorry for the trauma

>you have a hernia(hole)
>how about surgery? I know you feel fine but you'll die oneday or something
>get surgery
>massive pain for months, worst in my life
>lol we did a double hernia aren't you happy user
>holy shit fuck you to hell

>angioedema, severe as shit, tongue literally a balloon hanging out my mouth
>lol this was caused by a drug you've been taking for kidney diabetic shit btw its a .01 percent chance lucky you

>>until a catheter has been inserted and inflated inside your urethra.
>its really hard to fuck that up but ive seen it happen once from new nurses.

Are you saying they aren't supposed to inflate it after they put it up your dickhead?? Pic related; I posted this before here:but the pain was absolutely fucking unbearable. Posting it again just because I find it amazing that getting gutted like a fucking fish and having to hold in my slippery intestines was less painful than that fucking dicktube.

This is the principal reason I don't go to hospitals. Look at the other user ITT who talks about how they fucked up his mother's colonoscopy. Just straight up nightmarish Abu Ghraib-tier torture, and they can't even do that fucking right.

We're all going to die, and I may die a lot sooner than I should and a lot sooner than most, but I'll be damned if I die crying on a hospital bunk with a tube up my dick, a tube up my ass, a tube for each nostril and hearing through my morphine haze a bunch of snickering doctors saying "Well, this bed will be ready soon" and a bunch of cunt nurses saying "Oh shit, he' must be Hank Hill! I can tell by the narrow urethra! Get his autograph before he dies; it won't be long now."

Yeah, fuck that. I think I'll go out on my own terms.

That's pretty true desu. I had to argue with several doctors to get them to reconstruct my shoulder. 90% of teachers I've met are retards, or sadistic leftists pushing some kind of propaganda.

your fault for being fat

In some cases doctors are useless, for example if you have low testosterone or hypothyroidism. You're better off getting tests done by a private lab and then using the deep web to order pharmaceuticals. The medical establishment will just change the range of values for test or TSH to make you seem "normal", using standard from 50 years ago most men today have low T and most women have hypothyroidism

Just make sure to go to a hospital filled with whites or asians. Niggers, and spics will fuck your shit up real good.

Not to go Carl the Meme here, but you absolutely have to be fucking kidding me right now.

I know some straight-up bulldogs out here, and they've made me some exceedingly decent coin.

Don't know if you're in the SW United States, but in a civil matter, it really isn't pertinent. If what you said is evem halfway true, I swear to God I can help you.

Give me a throwaway email and delete it 30 seconds later. I'll be in touch.

Do it now and delete right away.

I had a cath in my dick when I was out for a day and I didn't even know it was there when I woke up. Was yours infected, or was it because you're the guy who tried to pull it out? that shit was locked up somehow, I couldn't see
I'll remind the doctor of that when I'm dying next time

You must Trust Doctors, anons.

>trust doctors
even doctors will tell you to get a second opinion and learn your medications side effects cause they know you will die like a bitch if you don't

But user, That's just your opinion. Search more and trust

That was me; tried to yank the motherfucker out with the most excruciating results you could possibly imagine. And what the fuck for?? I might piss on myself?

Oh, no we can't have that. Let's shove a strand if electeified barbed wire up his dickhole and make sure it expands when it's in there good and tight. Yeah, he can rip and pull and yank and scream and cry and beg and howl and pull and bleed all over the place but he'll never get it out. At least no urine will get on the sheets, right?

FUCK. I had that memory suppressed for over a decade and now some jerk brought it up and I've been a high-strung nervous dick-shrunken wreck all fucking day.