I cant fucking watch this

I cant fucking watch this.

In the past year I've watched the entirety of TNG, DS9, VOY, all the movies, 10-15 of the "best" TOS episodes.

But this shit is unbearable. How did you get through it?

I dont understand you guys its far more realistic then the others without going as far as star gate universe . it still feels like trek I think its way better then deep space 9 and it will always be my fav trek . it does feel a bit awkward in its first season but they all did.

It actually gets good in the last 2 seasons. If you really hate it skip to them and give it a shot

also, try and skip the opening music because it will really start giving you a horrible impression of the show. also most of the vulcan chicks nude fakes are really bad

Well everyone loved the other series so since I am a contrarian at heart I had to choose ENT as my favorite show

I haven't even been able to get two episodes into TOS.

I liked it better than DS9. It all depends on your preference.

I agree with you, but why is there that one guy on here that shows up everytime and says the seasons 1 and 2 were better than 3 and 4?

It's not funny, it's just obsessive.

I've already tried skipping ahead.

I want to say I've seen all the Star Trek content but I kinda want to give up. Every single character is boring as fuck and the actors are all shitty.

Its not reboot movie tier. But the shitty episodes in the other shows were at least tolerable because it had characters.

Watch the pilot the last two eps of season two then the rest. Do it that way and the show is pretty good.

Watch "Observer Effect".

The only characters I liked was trip and Hoshi. I think phlox was too similar to neelix, but I know people like him. I thought having multiple wives, the decon-gel, and a captain that came across as a bonehead was the problem. Archer always spoke his mind passionately and then got his phasers out. It wasn't weird in the ways I like. With DS9 you have the Ferengi, Obrien and Worf save the show. I also felt the ship in Enterprise was underpowered and out-gunned. The show had more in common with TOS, but I don't love the characters as much. Some individual episodes were great on ENT, but I fell asleep watching a lot. I didn't like the sets and blue suits. Its hard to put my finger on what is wrong with ENT, its probably just multiple things that aren't my taste. Its still better than Nu-Trek. Enterprise is the last REAL trek.

It's comfy to me

this show is not as insufferable as being around you, faggot

enterprise is decent
not like voy and ds9 were kino, they kind of suck just as hard as a shitty enterprise episode

Its not that bad. I hope you're not a fan...Everyone likes Trouble with Tribbles and the movies.

it's the star trek for people that hate star trek

so basically DS9 2.0

>I didn't like the sets and blue suits.
The NASA jumpsuits were a nice inbetween I thought.

I'm watching through all of Trek myself and I'm finding it more watchable than Voyager, mostly because I'll take retarded characters and writing over boring characters and writing and the more modern pacing/editing of Enterprise goes a long way in making it feel less boring than Voyager. I've only made it through one season so far, and each season is supposedly a marked improvement on the last, so I don't think it will be quite the slog Voyager was.

1 and 2 are both ok with some standout episodes, 3 is Voyager done right, and 4 is Starkino.

has the star trek universe done anything new at all since tng/ds9/voy?

seems like everything is prequal trash based on "teehee remember scotty??and transporters!!! lol!!"

they need to bring the timeline forward instead of back, make a new series after nemisis, have cameos from picard and worf

I'm only a few episodes into season 3 so maybe it just hasn't gotten good yet, but so far it feels to me like voyager 2.0.

Season 1 and 2 felt like the same star trek universe as TNG and DS9. I feel like they did a good job expanding on it too, I thought the early Human/Vulcan/Klingon/Andorian interactions were well done.

Season 3 feels less like star trek because they seem to be doing the voyager thing where they toss that universe aside for a while. Instead of the delta quadrant they are in the delphic expanse.

Again, I've only watched a few episodes of season 3 so far, so maybe I don't know what I am talking about.

see
4 is more of what you want, them back out of the expanse.
3 is great though.

wrg

ENT had better production values than some of the other shows.

It did but how important is that really? I'm pretty sure people just base their favorites on their waifus anyway.

Did you start with the pilot? That's what I did and it took me a long time to give the rest of the series a try because how dated it was.

Dude, have you gotten to the episode where Trip and Malcom are stranded in a shuttle together? Shit's fuckin' cash, yo. Definitely my unironic favorite because of how fucking silly it is. Great character building moment for Trip and Malcom, too.

>Malcom in delusional fantasy dream sequence with T'Pol in sickbay
>Dreams he was rescued
>Silly convo with T'Pol being coy ensues
>"You like it when I call you 'stinky', don't you?"
>Dream T'Pol tries and fails to suppress a giggle

Really, I think ENT is alright. It definitely doesn't feel as Trekky as the other series, but I don't think it was meant to. It was supposed to be even more wild west than TOS. Archer paving the way for everyone else to follow. I think Scott Bakula said a major part of his decision to accept the role of Archer was that the show would take place before all the others, so he could be his own captain.

I find ENT comfy in certain ways. My favorite aspect of the show is the relationship that develops between T'Pol and Trip over time.

I understand the show is probably not as objectively good as, let alone better than, any of the others (except Voyager, which is a flaming piece of garbage), but I still love it.

Production values don't mean shit when you don't have any good characters.

>3 is Voyager done right, and 4 is Starkino.

This. Some of the most underrated Trek is in those seasons.

I just pretend Enterprise never happened.

>when you don't have any good characters.
Good thing ENT has a bunch of those then.

"Heh."

Yup. The only characters I didn't really like were Mayweather and Hoshi, but that's probably my subjective self speaking.

Not from around here, eh?

i have an issue some episodes. where they meet aliens, that previous series introduced for the first time. like the borg and ferengi.

Generic italian american mafioso
Generic black guy
Spock but sexy version
Depressed blue collar worker
Hoeshe
Butthole is going to rape me
generic white guy

The Borg thing makes sense because it was a sequel to First Contact so time travel. The Ferengi were so different on Next Gen especially early on I just imagine they eventually fell out of contact and did not even recognize/forgot them or something.

Huh? Doesn't ENT take place before TNG? Or even before TOS?

You have good taste. ENT is shit.

Archer is such a shitty captain. i want to go Ken Sama on him every time he disrespects/is dismissive of Hoshi

>Hoeshe

she had like one romance the entire series, and it wasn't even with anyone on the ship

more like Howshi, because the writers had no idea how to give her a purpose

Yeah it is but during the movie First Contact the Borg use time travel and go back to prevent humans form discovering warp drive. The Borg in the show Enterprise are some survivors of that incident that were found frozen on Earth. I haven't seen that episode in like a decade so I may be a bit off but that is the gist.

Takes place not long after First Contact the movie. It's set before the Federation exists, so no Prime Directive and all the regulations.