Why was this shit?

Why was this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nQ3Muu-K3I0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that scene is great and you know it

Tripods were literally GOAT. Everything else... meh

I really liked the movie, actually. I hate Spielberg's obsession with annoying-ass kids in starring roles, but it was a great movie nonetheless. It helps that I saw it when I was young enough to not already know about the twist.

It was comfy af.

this

that girl was the worst thing about that movie.

This

She was annoying but I still thought she was realistically whiny.

it's tom kino

It wasn't, it was great, you just have bad taste.

It wasn't. It was eerie and chaotic as fuck. Perfect feels for the film and as such, therefore not shit. Tripod concept and weaponry was cool. Fucking humans microwaved into dust.

Also, coolness.
youtube.com/watch?v=nQ3Muu-K3I0

FPBP

She made the movie unwatchable.

Superior Martian war machines coming through.

it should be dumb as hell in comparison but they come across as 100x more creepy.

The tripods haunted my dreams for years

one of the things i liked about war of the worlds when i read the book as a kid was that these murderous killing organisms were actually really awkward and almost laughable if not for the fact they were good at killing

considering it was meant as a prescient metaphor for WWI it's really clever for it

i like the movie but in that regard it sucks. the aliens are too capable and come to grips too quickly for what you're dealing with here

The whole first act up to the great first machine encounter was flawless, the music, the eeriness, it was great. It just got progressively worse as we watched this greatly portrayed survivor having to also babysit his increasingly stupid yet grown kids and feed in "Oh I have to get these fucking kids to their careless mother in boston" plot-string.

Nailed it. Went too realistic in this direction. A lot of children go "autistic" when faced with something scary that they are not emotionally and/or mentally ready for.
Calm, docile and oblivious children is that way to go.

Movie was pretty entertaining otherwise

movie when?

Spot on. It's a pretty weak script, its simple Hollywood bullshit adding in these cheesy and cliche aspects to a cool story.

It's honestly shocking how fucking shit-tier it ended up being. It could honestly be a case study in how not to do the second half of a film.

The first half of the movie, even with edgelord McCartney and REEEEEEEEEEE Fanning was incredible. How it went from 10/10 ayy kino to 2/10 drama flick in the span of 15-20 minutes is something that could be studied for a lifetime.

Blank Check has a spot on analysis of this movie

No characters

Tom Cruise is good at running and nothing else

>It could honestly be a case study in how not to do the second half of a film.

that title will always be awarded to Hancock

holy fuck I have never seen a movie go from great to abysmal so fucking fast in my life

I didn't like Tim Robbins in this. There I've said it.

seconding great first half, lousy 2nd

>The first half of the movie, even with edgelord McCartney and REEEEEEEEEEE Fanning was incredible. How it went from 10/10 ayy kino to 2/10 drama flick in the span of 15-20 minutes is something that could be studied for a lifetime.

I cringed. Do people talk IRL like this?

>that title will always be awarded to Hancock
>holy fuck I have never seen a movie go from great to abysmal so fucking fast in my life
And does anyone know what the fuck was up with the two wind robots that suddenly turned up when Will and the woman were fighting?

it wasnt faggot

>Do people talk in greentext and autistic memes irl?

Only you Steven

>WE'VE BEEN PLANNING TO CONQUER YOUR WORLD FOR MILLENNIA
>OOPS DIDN'T KNOW WE COULDN'T SURVIVE IN YOUR ATMOSPHERE
Great movie.

Kek. You're not wrong

Been a while since I've seen this. When did it go bad? I kind of liked the whole thing through and through.

>When did it go bad?

Immediately after the ferry sequence

I just re watched this movie recently and loved it. The Cruise man can do no wrong.

it made sense in 1920 when Germ Theory was still a new fangled and misunderstood idea to common people

Also most people didn't understand how big space was, and how fucking genius you have to be as a species to somehow trek it

Hell most movies today get shit completely wrong

look at Gravity for instance

They act like if one satellite or even dozens of satellites get blown up all of earth's orbit will be full of debris.

>do no wrong
>jack reacher exists

>Reacher
Is the name supposed to be ironic, since Tom Cruise is a midget and has to literally stand on his toes to reach door handles?

fuck you, jack reacher 1 was good stuff

Yep.
This is why I still dislike her and her sister.

>I cringed
Must be nice being this new.

>that title will always be awarded to Hancock
Yes, I literally rewatched it earlier this week.
It was so solid till they started the cucking/reverse-cucking drama.

What wind robots, do you mean the tornados?
I think the change in weather was the physical manifestation of their emotions, hence the heat in the kitchen with things were getting hot.

They didn't tailor the attack or care to study earth.
They just buried their ships eons ago in case something worth harvesting ever grew.

reacher 2 existing still proves his point

Literally the only good moments were the hand to hand fight scenes. Everything else felt so weak.

First one was good, but the 2nd one was not. Still passable. I have yet to see a bad Cruise movie.

Tom Cruise kills Sup Forums incarnate who gave him shelter

because it was set in dumbfuckistan instead of england as the book intended

>We've got a solid movie here, what can we do to spice things up
>How about a screaming child
>Uh sure, you mean like during one of the attack scenes or-
>No, in every scene, no matter what's going on. In fact, just replace half the soundtrack with Dakota Fanning yelling.

>tfw you'll never see kino of Farage, Corbyn, and Mogg trying to save the queen from tripods while Muslims akbar themselves against its shields

IT'S NOT FAIR ;__;

War of the Worlds was written in, and took place in, the 1800s. Yet for some fucking reason we don't have a film reflecting that, even though the 1800s would be an amazing fucking setting for an alien invasion story.

SOMEONE TRANSLATE WELLS' VISION FOR THE SCREEN PLEASE