Did he steal someone else's Thompson?

Did he steal someone else's Thompson?

ho got promoted by that time

since when do you have to be a higher rank to carry an SMG?

Thompsons were only issued to higher ranking soldiers.

>when Snafu doesn't say goodbye

lol are you retarded this isnt call of duty

They typically were though, when m4's started replacing m16s thats how it was done as well.

It's bait, you know.

Yeah. Weapons soldiers were notorious for stealing other peoples gear. Lightweight weapons like the Thompson and Carbine were highly sought after

How the hell did Snafu become a corporal?

Automatic weapons were generally only carried by NCOs and officers.

>Watching doc about the M1
>Interviewing some officer
>First thing he does when he gets in country is trade his thompson to some rookie asshole for his M1
Based M1.

Ur moronic...

Uh, I was in the Marine Corps from 2007 to 2011 as an 0621, in my logistics unit only Sgts and above were normally issued M4s, unless it was some sort of close protection detail like a change of command ceremony or if you were in a weapons company for a grunt battalion.

So in other words, as far who got what from the armory, it all depended on what rank you were, what your MOS was, and what unit you were in. It also depended on what the inventory situation was like at the armory. On okie we were still using A2s right up until 2009, and as soon as I got to Cali it seemed like everybody had A4s.

I imagine the Thompson was a good way for snipers to identify high value targets in a squad of Garand-wielding grunts.

Besides, officers should be focusing on deciding what their men should shoot rather than doing the shooting themselves.

>Thompson
>Lightweight

nah

mhmmhmm hmmm hmmm

The M1 was just a superior weapon.
The doc I watched was just old vets jerking off over it and telling stories about how it saved their lives.
Wish I could remember the name of it.

Carbine or Garand?

Or Thompson. Shit gets confusing, especially since there's an M1A1 Thompson and carbine

Garand.

>Merriell did not speak with his fellow Marines for over thirty-five years, until he read Sledge's book With The Old Breed At Peleliu And Okinawa