Does anyone care about this?

Does anyone care about this?

>tfw history PHD student so gonna watch it anyway

Honestly it looks pretty good but it seems like no one gives a shit about it

i'm only excited for goosefat bill and the epic memes he will bring

What kind of fucking dumbass majors in history?

I wish they'd stop making "grimdark" versions of King Arthur. Part of what appealed to me about the mythology as a kid was imagining knights' adventures set in a lush, green Olde England with an air of chivalry and romance. But now we keep getting grungy, muted color aesthetics with awful "modern" soundtracks and characters who could've been lifted from any generic grimdark historical war flick. Been there, done that.

TEXT
OVER
FACE

Stop hiring these fucking marketing companies jfc

cause I enjoy it + I'm getting funding to do it so I'm not hurting for money

>so I'm not hurting for money
Yet. I went way too harsh in my first post, sorry. But what do you plan on doing for work when you finally finish school?

Yeah I agree but it's Guy Ritchie so I don't really know what you expected.

they should stop doing grimdark historical films altogether and make it FUNN again desu

im interested in the movie because of the joe rogan

the last few rogans were not kino but the guy richie one was KINO

I think today's historical action films are an over-correction from what was put out in the 1980s--cheesy, overly-sentimental crap with vaseline filters and melodramatic scores, acting, etc. It would be nice if they could find a middle ground. It doesn't have to chirpy elves and fairies, but it doesn't have to look like everyone just got done rolling around in the mud while scowling all the time.

No worries. I'm able to get a position as a part-time assistant lecturer after my PHD, however getting a full-time position may require some patience and it's not guaranteed. Worse comes to worse I'll have 2 part time jobs until that happens.

>no one gives a shit about it
because it's about Western European culture and not oppressed minorities. I'm honestly surprised the kikes even let this get made

why not work in a museum or some shit

or are you deadset on the academia thing

what school are you at too? I'm just curious, was thinking of going the PhD route if grad school pans out (art history undergrad). But I don't really wanna do academia, would rather work in other institutions

Yeah this shit's getting old

i heard they do a gay angle between Lamorak and Percival. supposedly they wanted to do a scene where Lancelot caught them jamming shit up each others assholes, but it got cut for time

>70% of the episode talking about old man injuries and bjj
it could have been kino but it was mostly shit

Judging by the poster excalibur is now a blue lightsaber. Historical and accurate then. Can't wait.

It looks silly, so I should enjoy the medieval knights vs illuminati mech. It will go the way of that one egyptian gods movie no one watched.

>jamming shit up each others assholes
That makes sense. Asshole shit is selling big these days

Museum was definitely an option and still is, but it's more admin and customer service skills rather than history. That being said I do have the latter (worked in McD's lmao) so I could still go for it. The museum job market is literally as hard as the lecturer market though.

University of Glasgow

will they manage to put niggers in it?

Yes, there's one in the trailer

Gonna need sauce on that, for, um, research

what does king arthur anything have to do with history

There's even an Asian. I sort of hand wave the token black because of Saint Maurice.

There was an obsession with King Arthur across England for hundreds of years, and some of the most powerful kings of all time (Edward I) modelled his reign specifically off the tales of King Arthur. It's a pretty interesting aspect to read about.

to date nobody has actually done arthurian legend right, with heavy welsh mysticism and chainmail only in late antiquity

the shitty clive owen one seemed to start with that idea, but they fucked it up in every possible way

if you really want the lighthearted 15th century interpretation of arthur you already have excalibur. it's no masterpiece, but nobody is gonna do that better

Djimon Honsou is Sir Bedevere

anbody who is actually in a Ph.D. program doesn't spell it "PHD"

it's Sup Forums who gives a fuck
anybody* btw

I give a fuck. If it is anything like Man from U.N.C.L.E. then it will certainly be a fun ride. I just feel it is coming out with 0 marketing and with 2 other hype movies coming out before and the week after. I am guessing the many sequels they planned are off the hook since I'm pretty sure it will tank.

>rewritten multiple times during shooting, with a revolving door of uncredited writers trying to salvage it
>forced to do extensive and costly reshoots because test audiences hated it
>shitty CGI out the ass
>originally planned to launch a six-film franchise until studio execs saw the dailies, panicked, and shitcanned all plans for any sequels
>guy ritchie admits that he felt in over his head the whole time and that production was a nightmare
>applying the sherlock holmes anachronistic schtick to arthurian legend, with a modern rock sountrack and capeshit quips
>will not be not screened for critics

all you need to know really

>it's Sup Forums who gives a fuck
he said, as he lied about himself

nobody give this fag sauce

its 2017
if you dont know who she is then you are an underaged nufag redditor

>mfw just watched 1938 Robin Hood yesterday
Ultimate comfy. Sure there are a few deaths here and there, but overall the movie has a jolly good fellow atmosphere (granted it fits the particular story well). Historical and pseudo-historical movies today try way too hard to reach maximum edge.

proxy paige

fuck radovid and fuck redanians

i'm in a phd equivalent program (pharm.d) and i don't give a fuck about your autism

>tfw history PHD student so gonna watch it anyway

Enjoy the niggers

King Arthur, now with more skrillex haircuts and gopro cameras!

Yeah, nah, I'll pass.

I don't think anyone gives a fuck about medieval movies but I could be wrong