You know remember how hyped and overrated the 1-7 team was

You know remember how hyped and overrated the 1-7 team was.
You know realize that this years brazil team is probably worse.

Attached: 71.jpg (620x400, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uwbQTpgk2lk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're not worse, but they are not world champion material either that's for sure
>inb4 Belgium
I know and i'm not pretending we're gonna win it, it's between Spain, France and Germany

Fred > jesus

It's not worse and you know it.
We finished in #1 in the qualifiers beating Argentina 3-0 and Chile 3-0
youtube.com/watch?v=uwbQTpgk2lk

Our weakness imo is the midfield

Attached: i.jpg (1080x1080, 165K)

uma

Damn. That pic is the definition of "meh"

What happened to you guys? You used to bring a stacked team in every WC.

I don't understand this opinion when you look at the teams these guys play and how well they're doing.

that defense is still very exposable perhaps moreso than the 7-1 team, even more so if you don't sort out that midfield

No. We had Meme Luiz in the 7-1 team who thinks he is a striker.

Imagine going from this to that

Attached: brazil2002.png (1080x1080, 148K)

From what I remember that team was being heavily underrated at the time.

7-1 was a mistake that doesn't happen if the Brazil team kept its composure and shape and the manager wasn't utterly useless.
Germany wasn't 7-1 better than Brazil, maybe 3-0 better at the absolute max.

>know

Attached: 1520969413290.png (741x568, 29K)

I actualy don't really rate that defense either truth be told

The first WC I watched was 2002 and I had a hard time getting over how shit (mediocre, really) 2014 team was compared to that one.

brazil also underperformed during the third place playoff

Luiz is better than fucking Miranda lmfao

France is not in the race, Argentina is

Is Alves seriously planned to start games during the WC ? He's been less than stellar with PSG

Brazil has it's weaknesses, sure; but it is better imo.

I don't think they're world champion material, but they can certainly show me wrong

there are literally no other brazillian RBs. Alves has been shit at the NT too, but there is no one else to put in his place.

why are people acting like this is a mediocre lineup?

Well Marquinhos can be a pretty decent RB. He even put Van Der Meme on the bench a couple of years ago.

Then you'll have a free starting spot for Thiago Silva or David Luiz to bring some comedy gold into the WC.

half the players are actual memes

that's the same for every NT, especially the big ones.

WHO CARES?
We all know Saudi Arabia will win.

Who are the meme players in your NT starting XI?

özil
khedira
werner
müller
who ever will play on the other wing, they are all meme players

Best comedy gold potential is where it is not expected : Varane and Umtiti.
They're no Ramos and Pique unfortunately.

I reckon

lmao, it was hyped from day 1 even in europe

Don't worry, Varane will break his legs in the opening game and Kimpembe will reveal himself to the world of football by shutting down Messi in the WC final.

My marabout confirmed it.

The only underrated player there was Gilberto, who ended up moving to Arsenal that summer and was one of the best DMs to ever play in the PL.

What about Pikachu?

Oh but it was underrated, because they weren't playing very well on the qualifiers with Rivaldo severely underperforming and, except for Ronaldo, it was almost the same squad that was eliminated by >Honduras at the Copa America the previous year. Also, Ronaldo was returning from injury and it was a throw up if he was recovered or not as his injury was extremely serious after all plus Ronaldinho was still young and extremely suspect at the time. Only Cafú and Roberto Carlos were rated on this team prior to the World Cup. Brazil wasn't hyped in 2002 at all, all eyes and money were on France and Argentina.

No one in Brazil thought we would win in 2002 when the tournament started. Most had doubts even well into the tournament. It only dawned that >we could win was after we took out England, when it was clear that Ronaldo and Rivaldo were in top form and most opposition were memed out of the tourney in the group stages or by refball.

The 2014 squad was our worse squad since 1990. Everybody knew that and were hoping the home advantage + strength of tradition would carry us. Well it carried us through Chile and Colombia, which played better than us and still lost, but >we got deservedly exposed in the semis.

Yeah this

Argentina, Germany, Spain

Why does Gabriel Jesus look like an American Nigger?

>playing 2 meme fullbacks when you're not an overpowered team like barca/halal
yeah this'll work

Brazilians are weird folks.

Attached: 1508209779877.jpg (960x720, 69K)

>It only dawned that >we could win was after we took out England
i was only 8 in 2002 but I can attest to that, I remember several people, either irl and in the news, having those sentiments

2010 squad was worse imo.

What's with Miranda? How you guys don't have anyone better? Lmao

>sentiments

Attached: 1458972791972.gif (248x200, 314K)

> There is a term in Brazil for the 7-1
> the current generation of young people is called generation 7-1

something wrong?

No, Miranda is actually the best brazilian defender nowadays. I would just put Thiago Silva instead of Marquinhos, but even Marquinhos is good. All three are by far better than David Luiz.

>El PRD sigue en llamas
What did Denmark mean by this?

>its a Brazil or Germany win another world cup episode

Attached: 11357561_671571969654279_783494617_n.jpg (480x480, 26K)

Ey ese periodico es de aca

>know

2014 Brazilian Team was horribly managed, also was to much dependent on Neymar when they lost him they went nuts, also they were cry babies.
2018 Brazil is way better in terms of tatics and mental health

This
2002 Brazil was the underdog (for Brazilian football levels), and in 1994 aswell

>Bauza's Argentina
kek, you lost to Sampaoli's Argentina

You had to be pretty retarded to rate that 2014 team. Even our media, whose only job is to hype the NT during the WC, knew Brazil was mediocre and had to rely on Neymar.
If you look at the weak links of our current squad, they are almost all players who were there for the 1-7, and if you look at the stronger side of the roster, it's all new players replacing old ones. We were still stuck between generations and only now new talent is showing up.

Psychological was wrecked due to the home pressure, weak coach and lack of Neymar