/monarchy/

Are there any monarchists here? Why do you support monarchy? (I mean real monarchy, not Anglo circus, of course)

It also would be interesting to hear opinions on monarchy from people living in monarchies (real ones like Morocco or Saudi Arabia, not fake ones like Britbongistan),

P.S. I'm not a monarchist myself, just interested.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=A8DeXAwhHko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Being a monarchist is un-American.

Bamp

>supporting absolute monarchy

Only fucking morons.

What is american?

I'm not a monarchist, just interested in what justifications monarchist have

What? No monarchists here?

I am for monarchy which you destroyed you scummy Muscovite!

I think monarchy recreates the sociobiological structure of a nation. Parents and children ~ Monarchs and the nation

>I am for monarchy which you destroyed you scummy Muscovite!
What? You mean russian empire or your elected monarchy which we and sausage eaters divided?

I wouldn't say I'm a monarchist, but in Norway, the King is seen as something we all have in common. It's a symbol all Norwegians have an allegiance to, no matter where in the country you're from. So it's like a glue - it keeps the country together.

Or, at least it used to be. I can't speak for everyone else here, but I feel like the reverence for our royal family has dropped.

When and how did your king lost all power?

>your elected monarchy which we and sausage eaters divided?
Yes I mean this. Bolsheviks were a punishment for this and your retarded despotism

Monarchies are a lot harder to corrupt as there are less people to bribe. They were born into leading the nation and how well they do would reflect on their family for generations to come. The decisions made in an absolute monarchy are decisive as there is no one in charge to overrule them.

So, why do consider monarchy the best form of government?

The current Norwegian royal family have never had "all power" in the country. Our royal family is in fact from a line of the British royal family, and were elected by the people after we had rid ourselves of the union with Denmark.

Ithought about it, but on the other hand, as they are responsible to no one they can let themselves be irresponsible.

Wouldnt it be interesting to see where the nation would go if every body in the US decided to have an absolute monarchy

Because it is symbolic - it recreates the natural hierarchy, that the king is on top of the nation, like parents are on top of the family, and businessmen on top of the company

But by monarchy I don't understand samodzierżawie, but a set of competences that should be balanced by the parliament

Samodzierżawie/despotism =/= good monarchy

look at this poisonous viper! He actually believes that all men are created equal!

oh got it

They are responsible to the people after all they could simply be overthrown. If something bad happens all the blame goes to them as they are the power of the nation

It would be interesting

Tsar Putin The Great?

>Samodzierżawie/despotism =/= good monarchy
So you are for constitutional monarchy
>it recreates the natural hierarchy
But for the most of human existence people lived in anarchy

Ive been entertaining the idea of constitutional monarchy. Seems bretty based t b h

Pootin is shit. You may not see it from across the ocean, but believe my words.

Only because we weren't sufisticated enough to have form of government. For most of the history of civilization we'e had absolute monarchy

There still are living romanovs if thats more to your liking

There is a newly created monarchist party. They took some german nobleman who is a descendent of romanovs and declared him the emperor

Constitutional monarchy is OK, I think

Cool Ive never known that

Oh great, so Romanovs will once again introduce samodzierżawie. Why are you so much for monarchy in Russia if it can turn you into a serf?

>But for the most of human existence people lived in anarchy
Idk, states usually had some head of the state

I become interested in monarchism because some dictators try to inherit their power to their sons (Kims in Best Korea, Bashar Assad is son of previous 'president', the current president of azerbaijan is a son of the previous one etc.) and it came to my mind that if not for the wests values of democracy and equality, monarchy would be a far more widespread form of government. When west collapses, rulers of third world countries will stop pretending to have democracy and will declare themselves kangz.

>Oh great, so Romanovs will once again introduce samodzierżawie.
The party is actually for const. mon.
>Why are you so much for monarchy in Russia if it can turn you into a serf?
Read the OP, I'm not a monarchist, just interested in why other people are
>Idk, states usually had some head of the state
I meant before there were states

The Norwegian royalty doesn't hold a lot of power in a traditional sense, but most people have a lot of respect for them anyway.

The royal family lived in exile in England during the 2nd World War, because they refused to legitimize the government installed by the occupying German army.

He was essential in keeping the country together in the wake of the Utoya attack.

Also, it's tradition here in Norway to watch the King's speech on new years eve. He's a good speaker and he upholds and represents good values.

Does he oppose flooding Europe with shitskins?

GET IN HERE FAGGOTS

I agree with this as an America, but believe in Tradition above all else so if you are from a country with a monarch you must support them.

Since I happen to be American I have to support my ancestors decision to form a republic.

>for most of human existence, people lived in anarchy
And it was only when the family structure finally became the norm that civilization came to be.

Norwegian fake-Monarchist here, I like monarchy because I like my country, and I really just see the monarch as an extension of my country. It's part of our history and they are generally nice people.

This is easy because the Norwegian royal family doesn't really do anything political, just travel around and be nice and go to receptions and present ourselves on the world stage.

If it had turned out they were corrupt or attempting to interfere with politics it would have been different.

As for Real Monarchies, well, are there any of those left in the world? Just take what applies to a dictatorship and add a bit of history and tradition to it.

Constitional monarchies are based. Someone above politics. Someone that could fire an ineffective government and conduct elections to get one that works. In some countries it's crucial. Look at Thailand. Country is very unstable but their king holds it together. The King doesn't get into politics much, but during Black May right before country broke out into civil war he summoned the two leaders to grovel at his feet in front of national TV and ordered they knock it off.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=A8DeXAwhHko

same crap as a Dictator

>but with some historical claim
and hopefully love of subjects