What happened to South Park, when did it go all do wrong?

What happened to South Park, when did it go all do wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R0WZbgJKgeY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One of the creators got blacked. They also got old living in fagifornia. They conformed.

South Park jumped the shark with the scientology episode.

When they decided to write plots entirely about current events with everything else as a side gag instead of the otherway around.

sometime right before they made the Book of Mormon play.

they really just started phoning it in with the pop culture reference episodes.

though the change of South Park from a tiny mountain town of rednecks. to a growing suburban city of annoying liberals. does have an interesting meta commentary. as it reflects the change in real colorado, as they got colonized by californians.

Having continuity throughout a season instead of being more episodic really lowered the quality.

these

>Issac Hayes leaving because of Scientology

>Matt and Trey getting older/married

>Getting new writers because they cant do every episode like they use to

>The country has changed so much since the show came out. So they adapt

Pick any one of those

/thread

last season or whatever (dicks out, muh vagina) was pretty funny.

>Sup Forums doesn't like the fact Matt and Trey hit too close to home with the latest season of South Park

The only real change since southpark started is political correctness stopped being a universal joke to everyone alive.

Mostly because it got jazzed up from being fruity pussy bullshit and made XTREEM for all the young kids as part of rebranding it as SOCIAL JUSTICE

The Kids stopped acting like real kids and became mouthpieces for the creators.

And for some fucking reason, Randy became the main character of the show. Randy is fine in small doses, but now he's fucking out of control and is all over the place.

They turned into self righteous hacks

No they didn't. What the fuck are you retards talking about?

Of course, trumpets are the most delicate flowers on the internet. Anything that might even remotely upset them warrants their eternal wrath.

DONT FUCKING REMIND ME

why do you libshits turn that special snowflake shit around? you're the ones with the i'm special mentality, eg. fag-parades, dyed hair n shit

T-TRANNIES ARE COMPLETELY NORMAL AND SANE AND HEALTHY *FUCK* DRUMPF!

PC hasn't been a "universal joke" ever since the government decided it can enforce speed codes/thought crime laws in the 50's

>writers
Nigger, Trey Parker is solely responsible for 99% of the writing in every episode.

youre both special snowflakes that get incredibly butthurt at the slightly provocation
'
i honestly hope drumpfledorp starts WW3 so I dont have to live on this planet with you fags

It's classic projection. They do the same thing when claiming ""science"" is on their side and the right-wing is more emotional.

Look Ike, your daddy's a dolphin!

The second time they had a "final season."

I think it was about 3-4 years ago. I'd say the last good season was the "growing up" episode where Stan and Kyle stop being friends, that was unironically emotional. After that, yeah it became a shill for current events which gets boring.

Speed codes?
Are you a god damn alien?
They are speed limits, you fucking mong

>play music box
>non-diegetic soundtrack kicks in a moment later with an almost identical frequency
how

This. While they always had topical references they didn't frame entire seasons around stuff that's going to be horribly out of date in less than ten years.

Those two points are were annoyed the fuck out of me. Remember when the kids went on a big adventure just to get their game system back while ignoring all the crazy shit that was going on around them?

for such a long running show its not half bad, couldve been so much worse. i also think it was a mistake to focus episodes around recent events but if you think about it it was the most logical thing to do for them because they came into the very unique position of being able to produce an episode in less than a week.

Come on, fag. Listen to any fucking "commentary" of theirs. Gluten free works, home alarm security, my wife's black son doesn't watch TV and prefers PDP, i only slept well on 2 nights when GLOMKPF fucked up.
Just take last disgusting season as example. Started out with potential of Cartman as always jewing everybody for power pretending to be SJW, everybody getting too fucked up on nostalgia, (((Gerald))) being behind horrible things. Potential was endless, regardless of election result. Ended up in being brain cancer, we're not ready for Trump to win episode and LMAO BILL CLINTON FIRST GETLMAN DUDE. The fact that nobody in that writer's room quiestioned Cartman's transformation into WaPo movie reviewer says it all. Suck my balls, Kyle.

I think they need to just make a season with 0 political commentary. It would be fun to watch even if it's shitty

You outgrew it.

I never really thought of it that way, but you're absolutely right.

S19 was so good though.

Matt's stripper wife's son is black.

Well, south park has always been a for of social commentary.
And they said the next season would not have any us politics in it.

Thats actually tray

My mistake

> Reddit McCormick
> oh my god, they killed reddit
> you bastards

It started sucking around season 5. When it went from being irreverent and funny to being way too topical and preachy. Only the first few seasons were any good.

i thought the pc principal arc was pretty funny

am i gay

she is pretty cute though

A lawyer dolphin? A...a lawphin?

It's like Spongebob if Dryman and Hindenburg hadn't got the fuck out as soon as Shekelodeon played the "Yeah we could end it but we aren't going to" card.

Except they did, and Matt and Tray didn't, so... that's where it went wrong, precisely where it started.

Post your top tens, here are mine:
Asspen
Pip
Lil Crime Stoppers
Krazy Kripples
Terrance and Philip in Not Without My Anus
Cartman Joins NAMBLA
The New Terrance and Phillip Movie Trailer
Tweek vs Craig
The Entity
Casa Bonita

Rate my taste

Every other season.

They made a gigantic mistake agreeing to do five more seasons at the end of season 15. The "You're Getting Old" episode was one of the most self-aware episodes they've ever done, and they had a great opportunity to end it with a solid run of seven more episodes (back then seasons we're split in half, airing in the spring and the fall) but Comedy Central baited them by giving them outrageously good contracts. Then they put all their concentration into Book of Mormon and put the full brunt of their show on their writing staff, which is why the tone changed so drastically from season 16 and onward.

I grew up on this show so I will still watch it to the end, but the serialization of the new seasons has really been a let down.

Did you purposefully pick the worst episodes?

And I guess your favourites are Scott Tenorman Must Die, Make Love; Not Warcraft and Goodtimes With Weapons?

>that smug smile
It's like he knows he's taking this poor old white man for everything he's worth

They have a writing staff they switch out every season. Only writer who had a long tenure with them was Bill Hader since he's actually famous, but otherwise they prefer to staff newish writers who know one knows so they will go along with whatever portrayal of the writing environment Trey wants them to sell.

asspen and casa bonita are top tier, others are pretty good. 7/10 taste, at least you don't pretend to like anything past season 16

didn't they split their asscheeks for Hillary?

Tray is a pretty fucking nigger name though

I just heard them say on a recent podcast that Randy became a more prominent character because they started identifying more with that character than the kids since they've gotten older and become parents.

Whenever they stopped killing Kenny.

It's Trey and he's a Germanic god
youtube.com/watch?v=R0WZbgJKgeY

>Kenny Dies
Great episode. A lot of people say Scott Tenorman is when Cartman becomes the manipulative prick he is today but I honestly think this episode cements it, the way he tricked the government into pushing Stem Cell research so that he can grow his own Shaky's by exploiting Kenny's death was pretty genius.

I honestly can barely remember full episodes. I always found the one-liners better than the overall episodes and/or plot.

Unfortunately the one-liners sort of blend, and I can't remember which episodes the best ones pertain to. Makes rewatching pretty fun though.

>Trey Parker does all the actual work while Matt Stein handles the "coordination and business aspects of the production"
>works 120 hours a week for the entire duration of the season
>share 50/50 credit and earnings

I seems to me like they're focusing their writing on the games now

last good (=funny and memorable) episodes were in season 16 but the show started slowly going to shit at season 11

top10 in no order:
spookyfish
korn's groovy pirate ghosts
towelie
probably
cartmanland
asspen
a ladder to heaven
hell on earth 2006
guitar queer-o
over logging

>mfw finding out his real name is Randolph Parker III, and Trey is a nickname for "the third"

>trey is a nickname for the third
TRES BIEN

They became rich and therefore unmotivated.

That was one of the funniest episodes

Bigger, Longer and Uncut was fantastic.

haha nah..watch "6 days the making of south park" and come back..

Literally a chuck. I'm not surprised at all.

Oh to add fuel to it, that's the non-jewish one.

South Park Kino

Tweek vs. Craig
Butters' Very Own Episode
The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers
Casa Bonita
Butt Out
Good Times with Weapons
Up the Down Steroid
The Death of Eric Cartman
Trapped in the Closet
Make Love, Not Warcraft
Stanley's Cup
Cartman Sucks
The Snuke (Hillary BTFO in this episode)
Britney's New Look
Breast Cancer Show Ever
Margaritaville
Fishsticks
Insheeption
Crack Baby Athletic Association
You're Getting Old

>Asspen #1

Agreed

My top five rounded out are (in no order):

Mecha Streisand
Butters Very Own Episode
Not Without my Anus
Conjoined Fetus Lady

They really like musicals. Book of Mormon was hilarious and Cannibal the Musical was also great.

>JING JONG JILL LOOPI LI

Even though I am disgusted by race-mixing, the thing that triggers me the most are those white shoes.

watching "the f word" episode for example it's just fun for the sake of being fun, now the show is pure trash

The amount of clueless fucks saying talking out of their asses in this thread is disgusting

Not the jacket that goes to his knees and the pants that reach his heels?

>vomit knight
PRAISE THE FUCKING SUN YOU BITCH

wat? Just watch that documentary, you'll see that Trey doesn't come up with stories all on his own

They got too political. I mean the fact that they delayed the episode, which is only the second time that ever happened, because they didn't have the episode ready for if Trump won is just said. So many of the jokes weren't funny, they were just basking in the low hanging fruit of "it's the end of the world and Trump is stupid" without actually trying to be funny. The war room is the epitome of this.

Also the member berries. Holy shit did they get old

When they stopped making fun of everyone else's beliefs and started making fun of mine and making me uncomfortable ;_;

>"The gang and I wrote a song about it, and it goes goes a little something like this."
>"And a one, and a two, and a FUCK"
good shit

Of course, it's hideous, but the combination with those white shoes is just inexcusable.

member when posts had quality to em?

Trey has more creative input now than ever before.

He STILL doesn't come up with them all on his own

liberace gay

only middle schoolers who play call of duty find it funny

Can someone explain the whole member berries joke? How was this even remotely funny

it wasn't
this show has been shit since since about season 10 sans maybe ~20 memorable episodes since then

That's cute and all but S20 was poorly structured. They dropped Member Berries halfway through with no explanation. And how conveniently people forget Trump was lampooned in Season 19, and that was actually funny.

They experimented with continuity in the 19th season, and it was still pretty good. Every episode had its own identity but ultimately all tied together. Episodes in season 20 have the problem of not concluding properly because they were part of a season-long arc that only had a payout near the end.

they got BLACKED

It's making fun of people's obsession with nostalgia which ultimately turned into nothing but Star Wars references.

They became to self-concious their instead of having episodes with sometimes refrences or commentary the show pretty much shoves down some message about some recent event
South Park has become a caricature of itself

No it wasn't, not if you know anything about Scientology.

All Matt and Trey did was pander to a bunch of conspiracy theorists.

tom please go

Randy is great you fag

Shouldn't you be stalking Leah Remini?