The gulf in quality of writing between the sopranos and breaking bad is immense

almost every major character in the Sopranos was developed, hell even the side characters were more developed than any of the Breaking Bad characters besides Walt and Jesse

their is a reason Carmella never got the same amount of hate that Skyler got

am i right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sdOA_7HkZZY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sopranos is way beyond BB in just about every aspect
stop comparing them

i think Meadow had some good development

this

I feel Vince only develops a few characters, while other showrunners, such as Chase and Weiner with Mad Men, develop the entire case, even with minor characters who aren't really important. You can see it in Better Call Saul too, where none of the side characters feel all that important to the story.

until she started dating that greasy moulinyan

Carmella actually has her own interesting stories going on. Skyler's entire story for 4 seasons is "don't let Walt do stuff the audience wants to see." Carm knows what Tony does as she loves the benefits of it, and any push back she gives is always met with that confliction.

>Skyler's entire story for 4 seasons is "don't let Walt do stuff the audience wants to see."

The writers knew this. They just shit on the fans for hating her because they wanted the blowback on the fans rather than on the writing team's failure to make her sympathetic.

Yes. Carmella was also a fantastic actress

They're on the same level, both masterpieces.

David Chase gives a fascinating look at what goes on in the Mob, in the Mob Boss' family and more importantly, his own head. He is a Mob Boss with everything but is totally empty and depressed, full of rage surrounded by a caveman culture where Vito was killed for being gay.

Breaking Bad is brilliant, because there's a sense of danger. A teacher goes from this weak guy to THE BOSS. By the last seasons, he has sold his soul to the Devil... Just to make meth. It's a sad story as...

With all the huge Cartel Bosses he comes across, it's just a Hillybilly meth using group of white guys who end up getting the crown. He dies by guys who by the death of Gus, we would never think would ever take over Walt's business. Jack is the most underrated antagonist ever. He just pops in here and there, then bam they're billionaires.

Yeah i guess, they even dropped plotlines like Marie's kleptomania and stuff.

I still like breaking bad as a character study of Walt though. They had no idea what they were doing with the final season though. They were just like "uhhh well now Walt is cooking again but he's the boss so lets do that for 10 episodes then he's fighting the cartel for 6 episodes and kills them all with a trunk gun".

HELLO PLEBBIT

>Fat Italians who are OMG SO GANGSTURRR vs The Greatest Television series of all time.

Why can't Showtime fags just die already.

this, and i love bb, but im realistic about it

They are not on the same level. Don't compare them. Breaking Bad is not a masterpiece in any way, shape, or form. Having a sense of "danger" is not difficult to achieve in a television show. Showing an incredibly unrealistic transformation in a short amount of time is not an achievement. Having cartoon-like villains and cliff hangers is not an achievement.

Breaking Bad will be forgotten because it is mediocre.

Sopranos is a completely different story than breaking bad. Comparing the two is fucking stupid.

I feel the more apt comparison to Breaking Brad would be the Shield.

Both aim at one thing, thrills. They both acheive them different ways. I have a soft spot for Breakig Bad, but the final season was shit.

The Shields final season was fucking 10/10

/thread

Breaking Bad was better directed. Outside of that I agree.

Quarry is a mix of both, it's way better than BB.

youtube.com/watch?v=sdOA_7HkZZY

I feel like even that's debatable. Yes, breaking bad has better direction over-all, but that's because of the limitations of early-2000s television shows. By the time seasons 5 and 6 of Sopranos came around though, I'd say the direction was definitely on par, if not better than, BB

>you can only compare tv shows if the subject matter is literally exactly the same

>better directed
>every episode is about 60% dead air
Not really

>Jack is the most underrated antagonist ever

lol wut? The meth Nazis storyline was dumb as hell, and it made things pretty clear that Vince really didn't know how to handle Hank finding out about Walt

I think when they say BB is better directed they are thinking of highly stylized situations like crawl space and whatnot.

Sopranos was far more grounded and less colorful so the directing isn't as striking.