What do you think of Welcome to Night Vale, Sup Forums?

I'm not really sure what board to post this on, this seems to be the most closely related since it's a series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IMrJyY3uNzc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>reddits favourite podcast
How about no

I tried to get into this, but there are so many fucking episodes and I got bored of it by like the third episode.

I listen to Last Podcast on the Left and You Must Remember This instead.

Started off good, then turned to shit around late 30s.
Heard the book is pretty good.

I only listen to CumTown and UYD

I only listen to the Nosleep Podcast

Got to /tg/ or /x/ this board is way to asspained.

I'm not sure what it is desu but everyone I know who likes it is fat, autistic, and smell bad.

Not it turned to shit around the 50 episode mark, then got good again around 90.

S1 and S2 are essential, S3 and S4 are skippable with a few worthwhile episodes and S5 is mostly essential

it's just blue jam but less

it's kino

The evil doppelganger episodes were kino though

The Sandstorm ones?

Listened to it obsessively in summer of 2013, even went to a live show, but I lost interest by winter that year. I didn't realize it was still going.

I listened to the first few episodes and I liked it. Should I continue?

Yeah.

Yes, just be aware that it's tone changes around the 20 episode point where Cecil starts to become a more fleshed out character rather than just a voice.

Alice Isn't Dead is pure earno. It would be even better with a male protag and less SJW sass.
That episode when they went to the other universe was distilled earno. I should start listening again.

>not listening to disturbing white noise right before bed
plebs

2tumblr4me but i enjoyed some episodes

god yes

>ywn eat at big rico's pizza or get a shake from the moonlight all-nite diner

Sup Forums should take on podcasts like these.

pretty comfy, not really into sjw "not even subtle" agenda but the show is great, at first anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=IMrJyY3uNzc

the atmosphere from this show is something special, something you wish you could go back and experience for the first time all over again

I know using reddit as an adjective is old hat but it really is reddit as fuck, I couldn't finish the first episode
Pic related is one of the few true podcastkinos, I go to sleep listening to it

Not a big fan of the lack of John Peters in the recent episodes

redpill me on this

I only listen to the No Sleep Podcast

>tfw I buy the season pass for nosleep

Radio drama set in a mysterious desert town where weird shit happens basically

that one was very good

>6
This was essential tumblrcore pre-2015 newfag

i forget the word for it but is it like - new shit happens with new characters every episode? or do you have to watch it from the beginning and can't skip anything?

It's shit. SHIT.
There's no actual sense of mystery, just lolsorandom garbage and SJW pandering.

There's not too much of an overarching plot but I'd recommend starting from the beginning. Quite a few throwaway mentions end up becoming more significant in later episodes.

since you seem to be the fucking expert around these parts - same question regarding No Sleep Podcast?

and do either of them have "jump scares" ?

also what is your favorite go-to episode that would get someone into it, you'd reckon?

no sleep podcast is like creepypasta acted out as a small radio play.

>same question regarding No Sleep Podcast?

Each episode of Nosleep is essentially a collection of independent stories read by different voice reader(s).

If you pay for the season pass, you'll get 2-3 more stories for each episode.

And there aren't any jumpscares in it.

I listened to it up until they had their first live show, which I tried to watch but couldn't get though more than a few minutes because the audience laughed at fucking everything

I kinda liked it at first but there was just way too much LOLORANDUM "HOLDS UP EXTRADIMENSIONAL SPORK" moments

live shows for podcasts are weird 2bqh

thanks bub

mostly boring

Episode 13 - A Story About You is generally regarded as one of the best episodes, just note that format-wise it's much different from the rest. Still a good taster for the world of Night Vale.

The aforementioned Sandstorm episodes (19A/19B) and Street Cleaning Day (15) are also good

>le dramatic history man
>not reddit
DUDE WHAT IS HITLER WAS A CRACK ADDICT MAN REALLY MAKES YOU THINK BRO

did they lock earlier episodes behind a paywall? been meaning to listen to it, but have so many podcasts on the burner i forget.

I've literally never liked a live podcast
It always ends up being a worse podcast with a laughtrack, especially if the crowd decides to participate

Hail yourself brother!

Oh, and if you go with the season pass, you'll also get a few bonus episodes at the end of the season while waiting for the next season to start. They're usually really good episodes, but I'm not trying to shill

Every single person I've met that liked this was horrible.

this

There are some top kino episodes, some meh ones and lots of bretty good ones.
I haven't listened to it all but I feel like it gets worse and worse with all the running jokes and stuff, I wish it would stay fresh.

>talking about podcasts
>no Joe Rogan

Those fucking gorillas will fuck you up man, look at those arms, like they swallowed watermelons.

Personally I'm glad I never see any mention of The F Plus in /pod/, you lot would only ruin it

Random for the sake of random, It's like someone wrote down a bunch of ideas and decided "Fuck it, Let's do it all"

just make a Joe Rogan thread you obsessed homo

>/pod/
is that really a thing

>dude stoner talk lmao
most overrated podcast in existence.

Podcast kino coming through. Kino in it's most literal form.

>No Sleep Podcast

>start listening to it
>"featuring stories from reddit.com's nosleep forum