Is anyone else constantly angered by how the BBC keep pretending that women's football is in any way important...

Is anyone else constantly angered by how the BBC keep pretending that women's football is in any way important? Half the time it's like they trick you into clicking links for it.

Does anyone even watch women's football for any other reason than to laugh?

Attached: bbc.png (1352x665, 685K)

These threads are fucking boring
>over the half of world population are women
>more women start watching sports
>womens football is actually popular among women because it's empowering and shit, especially if it's broadcasted or if the media pays attention

This is also the reason why womens football is mainly focused on the national teams instead of clubs, national team games click more with the normalfag audience (which the women mostly are)

tl;dr: these PR stunts are pretty much targeted at women

>Liverpool move to sign Chelsea ace
>it's a wimmens football story

EVERY TIME

>more women start watching sports
>womens football is actually popular among women

false

Who is Curacao and why are they shitting over South America this break?

Oh Houghton and Nobbs are back? Great news!

Nobody has ever heard of Houghton and Nobbs ffs

it is very annoying

I'm speaking in relative terms
I'm not saying that it's crazy popular among women, I'm just saying that most of the womens football fans are women and that the moneygrabber people have seen the potential to promote the womens sport among women.
It's the Dutch Faroe Islands
The latest friendly games got the football world hierarchy covered
European non-countries>South America>Europe

No it's super annoying, I actually stopped listening to their football podcasts because something like 20-30% of their content was shit about wimin.

I would agree with you if I thought this was true user. I literally know of no-one who talks about women's football, unless they're saying how shit it is. Even women I know that are interested in football are only interested in men's football.

m8 it's international week, not like anything interesting is happening anyway

I get that, but it is on the main page all the time. Maybe not the headline story, but I find this incredibly strange given that the men's team are playing this evening.

But this is a sport for women

Except no one - women especially - actually watches or follows women sports. They like to post on social media about wage gaps and all that but the fact is, no one actually cares about it. which is why they don't make much money.

Also, why is womens football so racist and firstworldist? Not even mentioning how sexist it is institutionally.

Pic related, the Euro participants, literally the ENTIRE western europe except Ireland and non-countries qualified with only Russia representing the east, this is unheard of in male competition.

Attached: 2017_UEFA_Women's_Championship.png (1172x974, 52K)

>I don't know anyone like that so they don't exist
ok

I imagine because more backwards and/or religious countries frown on women getting involved in sports and having the freedom to follow their dreams

I didn't say that they didn't exist, that would be a moronic statement - but there is clearly far, far less interest in the female game.

Stay mad Henrik :^)

Ah yes, the infamous religious countries like Czech Republic or Estonia
Which is exactly why they're promoting it so much, there's a large growth potential

>constantly angered
yes I find my everyday life is compromised because I'm seething about it all day, I'm literally shaking sometimes.

Women's handball and women's tennis are really popular actually.

Various reasons but mainly because women's football has been organised for longer in those countries in terms of the coaching setups and access to the game for girls at all age levels. This is changing pretty rapidly though with some countries being able to hold their own against the bigger teams whereas they'd be getting thrashed just a few years back. The quality gap between teams is still too big but the likes of Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia and Czech Republic have improved massively with players being scouted by the already established setups in the traditionally strong countries. Similarly, professional leagues have recently been established in Colombia, Venezuela, Mexico and some other poorer countries which should see them improve a lot too.

Having said that, it still annoys me that the BBC give it so much importance even if there is an audience for it. Fair enough if it gets women into the game but the main reason they push it so much is that they can't afford to show any decent matches from the men's games or other sports.

Yep. They need to put that shit on a separate page