2 movies in the last 20 years

>2 movies in the last 20 years

what the hell is going on with cameron? what is he doing with his time? and why isn't he making r-rated scifi action anymore?

>still top 2 highest grossing movies
What did OP mean by this? Is he retarded?

shooting 4 avatar movies back to back

call of duty is the best game in the world

the bible and quran are the best books in the world

thriller is the best album in the world

rice is the best food in the world

Thriller actually is the best album in the world though besides PYT

Are you trying to prove me right? I think you are retarded.

trying to prove you WRONG

my point is the highest selling/most popular thing in the world doesnt make it the best, often, it isnt.

rice is the best food, fuck off american pig

M8 you ARE retarded. Everything you posted is pretty good, hence why they are popular.

I fell in love with dark scifi action movies when I was still a little boy. now I'm an old man and cameron hasn't made a real fucking movie since 1991.

PYT is alright. The Girl is Mine is the real stinker.

They should have swapped that track out for Say Say Say. Paul got the better deal in that instance.

Titanic actually is a really great movie though.

Especially if you want to be impressed.

>what is he doing with his time?

Aside from creating an entire fictional movie universe? Avatar will be for Cameron what Star Wars was for Lucas. We all know how retarded Lucas is. We've heard him talk and all the behind-the-scenes footage told us that he's an incompetent buffoon. Like Cameron's movies or hate em, if you've heard him talk in interviews or the making-of footage of his movies you know damn well that he is very intelligent and competent beyond what any other blockbuster filmmaker is capable of. If a guy like Cameron decides to spend several years on creating an entire sci-fi universe then let him. Let's hope he can deliver something fantastic. The really, really big film universes are Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. Maybe we'll be lucky and realize in a couple years that we've witnessed the birth of another one in 2009. If there's one director working today who I trust to pull this off, it's James Cameron.

shut the fuck up avatar sucks dick and there hasn't been any interest in the """"universe"""" at all.

You are not a man.

>redditors aren't interested in it so no one wants to see the next Avatar

Agreed

Speaking of which was pic related any good?
I remember it doing pretty badly compared to his other stuff but I never actually listened to the album.

(you)

i didn't say anything like that. are you retarded?

i said there is no mainstream interest in comics, novels, cartoons, or other media based on the avatar universe, and it's because it's uninteresting bullshit.

afghanistan in space the fight for unobtainium, give me a fucking break.

avatar was a fucking shit film with one redeeming feature, visual effects. and even then now it looks trash when watching back. the 3d was shit and was a gimmick as it is now. the story is the most basic shit that is clearly a copy of other stories, acting was fucking WEAK. and now hes planning sequels in another 3 years? oh my god, the first sequel to avatar will be released 12 years after the first, an extremely forgettable boring film

TWELVE YEARS, NOBODY WILL GIVE A SHIT

A dude is the tech geek, user. He has been chasing after the new technology to tell the story all the time. Like "Avatar"changed whole scene of high definition products on the market. He is try to push the edge of the envelope even further on the next sequels. The resolution that deep enough that no one need to wear glasses of kinds to experience 3D from the comfort of theater & house. If the things go well, the consumers need to purchase all new gadgets that follow his effort "AGAIN !!!". (笑´・艸・) HeHe !!!

>Reddit spacing
>muh cartoons
>muh comics

I watched T2 together with my dad when I was like 8yrs old. now I'm married and have 2 kids.
I lived an entire life since 1991 and all I got was a romance movie taking place on the fucking titanic and a pocahontas sequel.

So sorry... I just swung by Mac D !!!

do we know if cameron is going to shoot in HFR?

how much does that shit weigh?

what the fuck is reddit spacing? why are you so obsessed with reddit? do you come from there?

what other cinematic universe can you name right now that has the same potential as one with as deep a lore as that of avatar

whether you like the plot or not, the universe is so vast and so unknown that entire species and elements have already been invented to fill it

the documentation surrounding one movie is already mind boggling

kids STILL play with toys from the star wars universe. small odd creatures that would have never existed if it were not for the mind of lucas. we're about to see that again 10 fold with what cameron has in the works

i swear you people are more obsessed with a boogeyman website than you are with cinema. this is the start of a cultural phenomenon and all you want to do is complain

its sad

yes but they didnt release star wars in 1977 and the sequel in 1988 and between then, not release any infomation

plus the story and setting of star wars was far more original, interesting and memorable than avatar

shut the fuck up, if avatar was going to be something it would've happened after the first film came out.

in your opinion

the amount of time passed is inconsequential. an incredible universe has no time frame nor does it have a time limit

how much do you truly know about the na'avi? ill take a stab in the dark. next to nothing? am i in the right ball park?

do some ACTUAL research and maybe then you'll see the potential this franchise has. maybe you'll be a little more enlightened than you are right now, seeing as you're one of the million plebs that just saw a DVD of avatar and claims to be an expert

i saw the film in IMAX 3d 3 times and i wish i had seen it a fourth. it has thick lore.

you should invest in an oven for your cave under that rock immediately. you'll need it to cook that hat and words you're about to eat come avatar 2 release day.

how new are you faggot?

see
and do the same.

read a book for once. not every instance of world building is confined to what you see on the screen.

if you think you know better than a man who went to the LOWEST PART OF THE OCEAN in history, then good for you and kl story

we are living in a moment of cultural history

oh youre retard/shitposting

i forgot

nobody cares about avatar anymore

the average reaction to avatar sequels is "oh yeh that film"

PEOPLE HAVE FORGOTTON

The highest grossing movie of all time. Not once. But twice though?
0/10 You're just butthurt.
Cry more.

i've never been to reddit, so who's the faggot?

we're talking about one guy, back to back though

it's a bad sign when I look back on the years of abatap's shitposting and smile fondly.

it doesnt matter if people have forgotten. the average movie goer is a goldfish. they dont want to know whats going on until the media zeitgeist tells them they should. thats why star wars is so popular

and not to shit on avatar, but its the same thing. once people are told that they should pay attention, they will. avatar 2 will do the same for cinema as what avatar 1 did. it will change it. whether or not you like 3d or enhanced viewing, its here. you know why? avatar

now imagine that sort of impact in a modern world, and then attach to that an immense universe and lore. boom. that's what we will see when we have the franchise released.

it will be up there with every and any other franchise in history.

anyone would didn't get here yesterday would know what reddit spacing is, regardless of having been to reddit or not.

Didn't he buy the rights to terminator and is planning on doing a final movie that retcons all the shit then is shelving the series forever.

what a fucking faggot you are. "lel you don't know the Sup Forums lingo??? kek what a fag"

Avatar 2 is going to push 60fps into cinemas like Avatar in 3D did.

So cinemas worldwide are going to start getting setup for this shit and the industry will follow suit. About time lads.

not that guy but dude. He's just putting separate thoughts on separate lines. English probably isnt his first language.

Untwist your sister's panties, holy shit

It was a simpler time.

Isn't double spacing for paragraphs and is proper use of structure?

so basically, youre arguing that the next avatar films will be amazing because they are flashing colours for 2 and a half hours and james cameron can make trash that enthralls the peon masses while they drool throwing their money?

truely a great man.

the first avatar was probably the greatest example of a fad in the modern age

one minute it was the biggest film ever, most grossing, people were blown away

2 years later, nobody gave a shit, its world was SUPER forgettable

james cameron can do one thing thats objectivly good, fuck around with technology and even then, 3D was a GIMMICK

the only way james cameron can fix avatar is by starting over, removing sam worthington and the other "characters" and starting fresh on the planet of pandora, probably best on another continent to distance the story from the trash that was the first film

you seem unnecessarily upset about being new kiddo.

been here longer than you neckbeard nazi

wouldnt the most people liking something make it objectively better than anything else?

like if me and my friend both design a shoe and my shoe sells a billion more pairs than his shoes, wouldnt you say my shoes are better?

not when its art, most people eat up absolute trash

some scientist did analysis of pop music, and he found out the most "average" music was the most popular

making the most bland boring, simple movie with some of the biggest hype and "have you seen it?" going around doesnt make it the best

Lel.

rival schools is best game

other than that u r correc

oh i fucking hope so.

>buy

Due to copyright law the Terminator rights will revert back to him in 2019.

what the story-did he sell the rights?

Change in copyright law. North American rights will revert back to him because in 2019 it will have been 35 years since the first movie.

thats so wierd, why did that happen?!

because U.S. copyright law makes zero fucking sense

kek, figures, much like most of american anything.

like avatar amiright?

>muh "using spaced lines to separate thoughts because indents aren't a thing is le reddit XD" post

>Star Wars prequels are kino
>Zack Snyder DC comic book movies are kino
>the Avatar that isn't the Nick show is kino

Why does Sup Forums have such awful, awful taste? David Lynch threads are the only good threads on the board.

as much as i like james cameron i thought avatar was shit and like the op only really like his pre 2000 sci fi films

He's in post production having produced Alita: Battle Angel. His only mistake was having Robert Rodriguez direct it.

He will direct Avatar 2 this fall

the stupid fucking idiot.

>robert rodriguez
>alita

she's gonna be mexican right?

Actress is Mexican but wears a motion capture suit the entire time.

I worked on the movie.

im actually really pissed off about this, i would rather they not make BAA, but i guess its too late.

mexican is not a race dipshit. she was born in canada and raised in the usa.

Cod 1 is goat
Bible is goat
Rice is goat
Titanic is goat

Kill yourself