Just watched Alien 3, have to say its one of the worst films I've ever seen

Just watched Alien 3, have to say its one of the worst films I've ever seen.
What the fk is this film
How do you go from Alien 10/10 Aliens 9/10 to this

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_3#Development
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Aliens 9/10
i've got some bad news OP.....

Did you watch the director's cut?

If you think that's bad just wait until you see Alien Resurrection

>bait.exe

A3 was 7/10 with great mood and visuals and everything was bleak as fuck

Aliens was pure action and kind of campy in comparison

Be prepared to get memed on.

Sup Forums loves to say Aliens is shit and Alien 3 is great.

by having a shit director

even resurrection is more enjoyable than this garbage

Aliens is shit.
3 isn't great but it isn't nearly as shit as everyone likes to say it is.
The assembly cut certainly isn't a movie worth disowning.

Nah the Assembly Cut makes Alien 3 at least a 6 or 7/10. The only major problem I have with it is the god awful special effects.

>Alien 3 terrible
>Aliens 9/10
Did you just come here to embarrass yourself?

>David Fincher is a shit director
>Resurrection is better than 3

>prison planet -- great mood
lel.

yes, I watched the Ass cut

>he fell for the "A3 is decent" meme

It's pretty good up until Charles Dance's death

>Studio interference

Hmm. It's certainly not great but your review seems overly harsh.

Its /tv - the worst is the original, the best is the recent recycled cash-grab.

>Aliens
>9/10

Actor wants more money. Studio says no. You quit and go do Tombstone. Studio rewrites story to kill you and a little girl off.

fucking this, and no it doesn't matter which cut you watch

it's just pure shit, no it doesn't have good mood, setting, pacing, atmosphere or any of that shit. it's just raw ass

two words.

joss. whedon.

And then they bring her back in the sequel.

When will the writers of aliens movies realize that the vacuum of space is only one earth atmosphere strong? That's weaker than your household vacuum. How is it going to suck a giant alien out into space or suck an alien's guts out when my vacuum cleaner is orders of magnitude more powerful and can't even pick up a fucking paper clip? 0/10 would not watch.

Why does Ripley fk a random prisoner she's known for like a day, who she knows could be a convicted murder,rapist.

People who don't like Aliens haven't been raised right. Probably experienced abuse or didn't have a father.

The biggest problem I think is that the cast is supposed to be a bunch of rapists and murderers. Who the fuck cares if they die? Didn't feel bad for them at all, felt like they deserved it especially after they tried to gang rape her.

Plus the CGI alien is really dated and looks far worse than the animatronic aliens from the previous movies.

It's not the worst sci fi movie but compared to the first two it is pretty bad.

You're an idiot.

The alien isnt cgi it's a puppet that they filmed against a blue screen but I agree that it does look really bad

>They were going to do Alien vs Predator
>Sigorney said she was out if they did that
>so they did Alien 3
>Alien 4 was in development during 2003 but after Freddy vs jason was released and did great in the box office the studio scrapped the script that had been worked on with Ridley Directing and Sigorney returning
>Studios are jewish evil creations

Can anyone explain to me why everyone was so butthurt about the newt dying?

She was an annoying shit in aliens, a scream that outperformed dog whistles and the kid couldnt act for shit.

Her only purpose in the entire film was getting ripley into more shit than she all ready was. (disregard the ripley-daughter subplot in the directors cut)

So what gives?

Cuz she's a woman?

It's not CGI.

Those fucking scenes where they had the CGI Alien crawling around and the fish-eye POV are just so bad.

The Assembly Cut makes A3 barely watchable, and not something I'd disown, but Jesus, the theatrical version should be nuked from orbit, NO one should have to go through that ordeal. It's so bad I wouldn't meme my worst enemy into watching it

>be serving millions of years life sentences with other men
>on a planet with no women and only the 50 men
>woman crash lands
>bitch walks into canteen casu' as fuck
>hormones racing realise this maybe the only chance to go balls deep in pussy ever again
>not sure how long shes here
>constant boner knowing shes walking around
>look at other lads

You really think she aint gonna get gang raped? Are you fuckinv mad i would have killed everyone so it was only me and her left and fucked the shit out of her forever

because she's a horny gal

'...mostly'

Its the primordial urge of being attracted to young girls in every male, so knowing this fresh untouched pussy died is painful for your dick to understand

The only time Newt actually gave her a harder time was in the end when she got caught by the alien in the water (even though she dun goofed in the vent shaft, if it wasn't for her they wouldn't have found the shortcut to the landing field); in the rest of the movie she was just tagging along for the ride.

And she was pretty OK for a kid in a monster movie, not annoying at all, don't be so butthurt, user.

Totally agre with you. Was just asking the same question to my friend.

Oh gee, I don't know.

Alien 4 was in the 90s too

>Alien 4 was in development during 2003
>released in 1997
how did they do this

/pol children - is just a click away.

Which Pussy

You're no better than an animal, please don't consider yourself a human.

one pussy is dead now

>(((You)))

>What the fk is this film

confirmed for pea-brained childlike retard. kys plebe

F
;_;

Resurrection was almost comical in how bad it was, so I at least got some entertainment out of it. Alien 3 was just boring and borderline unwatchable.

>Aliens 9/10

its a solid 4/10

No you are an idiot!

>le different cuts
I fucking hate this meme
>wow one irrelevant 30 seconds extra scene, this changes everything!
No you fucking faggots, it's the same movie everytime, nothing changes, stop being retarded

not sure what you mean by this.

this meme was never funny and you should feel bad for keeping it alive

not sure why you're bringing up joss whedon when talking about alien 3

You're a moron with terrible state. Time to die

>Just watched Alien 3
>one of the worst films I've ever seen
HELLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO REDDIT

what meme? Its not a good movie and its aged poorly

>not paying 80 dollars for the limited edition special director's editor's producer's cut with three minutes of deleted, cutting room floor footage.
The film board ladies and gentlemen

being a contrarian faggot is a fucking meme

Alien Anthology is 20 bucks total you sperg

>Sup Forums likes Alien 3
I've never understood why this is. The flick is irredeemable garbage.

It's even more retarded than Sup Forums pretending to like GTA IV for the last couple of years.

my bad i mixed up alien 3 and ressurection, he wrote ressurection not 3.

>Alien 3
>one of the worst films I've ever seen
>Alien
>10/10
I would would watch 3 again over the first. The first is overrated.
He doesn't mean good as in happy, you dope

yeah idk how people seriously defend this shit

"it has great visuals" wtf

everything is the color of piss and shit, the alien looks absolutely shit, ripley falling into lava is laughably bad, all the prisoners creeps are boring as shit except charlie dance who gets killed off way too early

it really doesnt matter which cut of the movie you watch it is fucking terrible either way

>change something
>its completely the same

Not my fault you have shit taste

The only thing wrong with GTA IV is its lack of weapons.

Easy money. Be thankful anything of value is ever produced. It doesn't happen often.

>only thing

You've posted ten times in this thread already. Fuck off samefag.

part of what you said is very stupid and part is correct. you figure out the rest.

Alien>Alien 3>>>>>>>Aliens>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Alien: Resurrection>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Prometheus

it was unironically my 1st post in this thread

Fuck you i like it besides goldenthal ost was grand.

I think Resurrection isn't that bad. I would rather watch that again than 3.

I'll take the hairier one

No user I'm sorry but Resurrection is absolutely awful

alien 3 is kino

Alien 3 was a troubled production from the start. Fincher fought the studio/producers, sets were built and never used, they went like 20 mill over budget, and Fincher walked off the film before the final edit began.

It doesn't excuse the film's flaws and I do think there is some good shit in the film, but it was pretty much doomed no matter what.

If you're really curious to what could have been, look up the version of the script that William Gibson wrote. It's on the internet somewhere, it's pretty interesting.

>kinotard likes total shit

No surprises there.

I think you might be lost Sup Forumsedditor, film is not like video games were you pay 100 dollars for an unfinished piece of shit game.

Considering how poor the film it, I'm not surprised they released it so unfinished.

>he plays video games
No wonder you can't understand the intricacies of film and filmmaking. You are not fit to discuss film yet, grow up and then we will see.

Stop posting this in every thread, kinotard won't happen, the word kino will part of Sup Forums verncacular for a while.

>tfw no Winona Ryder headlining new Alien movie
>tfw no Winona Ryder in the only remotely good Alien media left, the Alien Isolation franchise

What's really sad that what should be an epic combination of Hellboy, Lydia Deetz AND Charles Lee Ray somehow still fucks up hard.

Fuck off with this meme.
The only people worse are the assembly cut faggots.

I'm gonna vomit

Its a miracle it was made in the first place considering the amount of rewrites and personnel changes that took place.

Your now aware it was originally going to be set on a a space station planet made entirely of wood and the prisoners were supposed to be monks

The production story of A3 is a very worthy read that explains alot about why the movie is what it is

>Your now aware it was originally going to be set on a a space station planet made entirely of wood
Excellent idea. How could ever had not gone into production?

>Empire magazine described Ward's 'Wooden Planet' concept as 'undeniably attractive – it would have been visually arresting and at the very least, could have made for some astonishing action sequences.' In the same article, Norman Reynolds – Production Designer originally hired by Ward – remembers an early design idea for "a wooden library shaft. You looked at the books on this wooden platform that went up and down". 'Imagine the kind of vertical jeopardy sequence that could have been staged here – the Alien clambering up these impossibly high bookshelves as desperate monks work the platform'.[22]:156 Sigourney Weaver described Ward’s overall concept as "very original and arresting."[22]:153 Former Times journalist David Hughes included Ward's version of Alien 3 amongst "The Greatest Sci-Fi Movies Never Made" in his book of this title.[25]

>However, the concept was divisive among the production crew. The producers at Brandywine discussed on the logical problems of creating and maintaining a wooden planet in space, while Fox executive Jon Landau considered Ward's vision to be "more bent on the artsy-fartsy side than the big commercial one" that Ridley Scott and James Cameron employed. Ward managed to dissuade the producers of their idea of turning the planet into an ore refinery and the monks into prisoners, but eventually Fox asked a meeting with the director imposing a list of changes to be made. Refusing to do so, Ward was fired. The main plot of the finished film still follows Ward's basic structure

>The biggest problem I think is that the cast is supposed to be a bunch of rapists and murderers. Who the fuck cares if they die?
What is an anti-hero

One of the better wikipedia entries, read this and you'll know exactly why it was shit. In fact you'll be amazed it came out as good as it did.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_3#Development

Alien > Alien4 > Aliens > Alien 3

Sad thing is it's only downhill from Alien 3.... honestly, there's several that were worse, including all Alien vs Predator movies.

I enjoyed Alien 3, to be honest, granted, it's not as good as the first two.... BUT it should be noted I was a kid at the time and sometimes your opinions of what's good as a kid are not correct.