THUNDERBOLTS STORYTIME

THUNDERBOLTS STORYTIME

Please don't suck

What kind of art is that , it like something straight from gen 13

Art is literally Liefield tier. Artist is literally a protege of Liefield. WTF is Marvel thinking?

Yeah, I legitimately thought it was Liefeld doing the cover art

Can no one write Karla Sofen except Buseik and Nicieza?

"Big Brother with a Badge" is redundant.

Also, is this whole thing for super villain rights?

Yeah, this was fucking terrible

wait why the kubik act like psycho kid

Oh sweet, I liked Kobik in Standoff. Hate this look for her, though, it's so over the top and not in a good way.

Wait what? Wasn't Mach-V a probation officer in that Spider-Man book? And wasn't Techno lost in time/stuck in that timeloop where he died? How did they end up in prison again?

Does Bucky not know that Fury is the new Watcher or is that a new change post-SW?

I would never believe it, if I hadn't seen it.
Someone swiping from Liefeld.
I don't know if it could be more 90s than this

Goddamn.

because she is crazy (since the Thanos ongoing).

Erik, you were there when Thunderbolts Mountain was the OG bolt's HQ.

Abe is a complete non-entity in this issue. Zub also doesn't seem to realize that Abe was completely reformed.

Wut.

The artist drew Youngblood.

Getting tired of first issues doing stupid last page shock value bullshit.

This is dumb.

Uhhhhhh....

WHAT?

SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT?!?

I'm kind of scared to read this first issue now seeing the reactions

-JSAnon

I'd be more worried if I wasn't pretty goddamn sure Bucky is going to make her fix it next issue.
Still, I thought this was pretty cute up until the shit at the end. Willing to give Buckybolts a few more issues.

>work at Marvel
>"Y'know what sells a lot?"
>Injustice!

Also, Moonstone is fine and on the cover of the next issue.

You liked Fifty-Sue, right? Well Kobik is now that.

Abe wasn't in prison, see the character bios. It's just talking about the majority of the team.

Also, Zub's said he has plans to explain how Fixer escaped.

> Abe has no personality whatsoever in this
> Kobik's characterization is also off
> author can't write Karla worth a shot
>anti-climatically killing off Karla fucking Sofen in the first issue
>if not killing her off then it's still pulling cheap shock-value garbage

Yeah, this is gonna suck.

I was not unamused by the general comic tone taken with Fifty Sue, but that was in a context where 1) it was Giffen so you knew you were in for mean comedy 2) bad future, nothing would stick

if you think this is bad, just wait for few more issues til they age up kobik only to get fucked by bucky

>We 90s now

That too. People are already desensitized to shock shit due to the Status Quo. It's why the first reaction people had when Cap died was "Meh, he'll be back in time for the movie."

Now they have the cover previews showing their bluff, why even try it?

>trusting marvel covers

I hope not. I like omnipotent loli best friend. She only really works because she's 4.

>CBR faggots actually wanted for Songbird to be removed of NA and added to this book

still , when Fifty Sue will appear in Rebirth

I would want Songbird in the Thunderbolts instead of an Avengers team she's got such a small role in if the creative team was different.

new kobik sucks

>A liefeld knockoff
>2016

Kind of incredible.

LETS GET X-TREEEM

>Is a "inhumans bullshit is causing problems"
Yawn

>Erik's mouth
Christ.

Go and read your irrelevant Extraordinary comics, genefreak.

I'm so tired of those fucks infecting every Marvel book out there, it's fucking obnoxious.

You know... that Moonstone outfit would look amazing by Ivan Reis.

ELLIS MOTHER FUCKER?

OK I like this kid now, I hope they don't do something stupid and age her up rapidly in a future chapter. Kids doing stupid/ fun stuff is part the 90's charm.

>I didn't like this or the first issue of Punisher

That's what I get for looking forward to things and having hope, I guess.

>yeah that's true tho i kinda hope she cute like singularity not this hyperactive shit. they need a mini together

>give Thunderbolts big push
>THIS is how the ongoing starts
So anyone else suddenly got a really bad feeling about this book? Like it's going to end up being massively fucking retarded?

Weird how they'd give this book 90s nostalgia art but then assign a writer who triggers all the >not muhs. Choose an audience to pander to and stick with it, this route ends up making everybody mad.

Oh look, another shitty ongoing with a writer who just does whatever the fuck he wants with little regard to previous character history or motivation and lazy, amateurish and ugly art. The type of high value entertainment one can expect from Marvel in 2016.

Here's your way of telling whether or not this is a good book. Look at the book and ask yourself this question:

>Is it a Marvel comic being published in 2016?

If so, file it away as being shit and move on.

Songbird needs to stay over on New Avengers, Ewing is doing amazing things with her.

So 90's comic book

>All this salt from "not-muh-thundies"-fags

This makes it even funnier

I'm sorry to bring company wars into this but... how comes Marvel can publish shit like this but DC is the one that has the image of being shitty and 90s?

hahahahaha

>not muh

>Implying this is "not-muh" and not "this comic is sucking so much already at the start, why?!?!

Also, even if this wasn't already obvious, doing shock-value finales at this moment and era has kinda lost its charm.

The beginning of the New 52 was linewide 90s. This is one book. Well, two, counting X-Men 92, but the sales reception to that was really good so of course they have to capitalize on it.

The art in X-men '92 is worlds better than this shit.

holy fuck is this art terrible

Shock value finales are a Thunderbolts tradition. I could have done without the gore though, it would have been just as funny without it.

>Shock value finales are a Thunderbolts tradition.
I hope to hell that you aren't saying this issue is in line with the finale of Thunderbolts #1.

No the 90s was better then this.

>The beginning of the New 52 was linewide 90s
In no way shape or form.

Well we know who these people are now so they couldn't exactly do that.
Think of it more like that time Atlas beat Genis to death.

The art, designs, Wildstorm characters, and cybernetic/monstrous villains of the New 52 were extremely 90s.

So it's basically Thunderbolts vs the NSA

I'd say Songbird's got an interesting and unique role in New Avengers right now and I'd like to see where it goes

But the cast is so bloated and they just keep expanding it, Max Brashear and Toni Ho basically get as much development as most of the team

No the 90s is badly remembered as the designs and such were not all bad designs but where incompetently drawn.
None of the new 62 designs are particularly bad if you not a simplicity fag ass fuck.

>Atlas bonding with Kobik
Nice

You're really overestimating Nick Fury there Buck.
He didn't do shit against Thanos, the Skrulls, Kree, Brood and the countless other aliens that attacked Earth. He's even worse at his job than Abigail Brand.

he just made her into a slut

Now that I think of it, why does Norbert have his Techno appearance? He hasn't looked like that since he came back from the dead the first time.

But Mach-VII (now X after skipping 2 generations) wasn't a criminal, he was a warden

What the fuck? This ISN'T Liefeld? Or parody?

There are actually TWO people who do everything in their power to duck and dodge drawing feet?
Why?! How did the second not learn from the first? I mean in the sense of learning from his mistakes?
Why would you repeat the things not even Rob enjoys being limited by? For what purpose?

But... but he kills demons with a minigun and wears a fishbowl helmet! In space! Nick Fury is the ultimate badass, Marvel's infallible writers told me so in the comic book crossover event of the century.

>Bettle is now blonde with blue eyes
Remember when he had black hair and looked hispanic?

Motherfucker I ain't seen any line wide 90s art at the start of new 52. Designs were samey, coloring was really house style but there was nothing 90s about the art.