Why does this board pretend to love the DCEU?

Why does this board pretend to love the DCEU?

Whats the point of shitposting and falseflagging in an echochamber where everyone does it?

They get laughed at everywhere else on the internet.

>he thinks we're ironically liking DC
Head, nice and hot

I think it's just a joke man. People like to mess around and have fun.

For instance there have been a few threads where your average Sup Forums shitposter makes a thread saying "yo whats yo fav movie white boi? answer in 5 seconds or else...." with a picture of 3 black kids in high school desks. Someone replies "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice Director's Cut". Just let that sink in. Examine the layers of irony at work. Or another thread where favorite movies of all time is the topic and someone provides another "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" post. Discussion ensues as do (You)'s and pretty soon people are babbling "people fear what they don't understand". True kino. That infographic about it is hilarious too. I can't imagine anyone not being ironic about any of this shit. It's all a joke.

>pretend

Such a newfag question.

Everyone on Sup Forums knows that the "DCEU movies being good is a meme"

Don't fall for the shitposting

If normies hate it, Sup Forums champions it. These rules were established a long time ago. Back when Big Guys were being born in darkness.

Zack "Kubrick" Snyder

I don't pretend to. I actually like the DCEU.

It doesn't. People love BvS because it's an amazing movie and some people defend MoS because wt was good until the third act.

Anyone who claims to like Suicide Squad is either baiting, or a 14 year old mallgoth.

>lying in an honesty thread
For shame

Are there actually people not on Disney's payroll that think this is bad?

Because BvS Ultimate Edition is good, and it's such a shame that the DCEU is being fucked over by out of touch WB executives.

>GotG2 disappointing opening weekend

Here comes the Disney shitposting brigade, right on time...

Yeah, its pretty shit. Also, why the fuck do you have a cam rip webm

This piece of shit came out 4 years ago.

the cancer of Sup Forums metastasized and spread around all of Sup Forums many months ago

Before Snyder it was Cameron. Sup Forums has always looked for a savior to fight the Marvel hordes. It getting panned and a seal of approval from the King himself and Sup Forums had their franchise.

It's all ironic shitposting. Nobody actually likes Snyders movies

>tfw spending time this weekend shitposting on a DCEU bashing thread is still more worthwhile than seeing Quipmaster of the Galaxy, Vol. 2

>Convince everyone that anybody who likes DC must be a shitposter or falseflagging

This is the new marvelshill tactic, don't fall for it

you're just ironysplaining

Minimal cuts pretty good CGI that doesn't stand out to much looks pretty good to me webm unrelated couldn't find the Captain America airport scene.

2015 to be precise.

But I did both. It was pretty okay.

>Anyone who claims to like Suicide Squad is either baiting, or a 14 year old mallgoth.
You're free to hate it I guess, but I like it.

>that filename
No, fuck you. Mad Love is a great story and SS was a total piece of shit. It's literally what Sup Forums wants to pretend MCU movies are.

I didn't care much for Man of Steels last third. I liked all the stuff about Supes walking the earth and trying to find a place where he belongs but I felt like they din't onow how to satisfyingly conclude his story arc and just said "fuck it, just let him punch the last remnants of his civilization for the next 45 minutes!" and it was kinda cool for a while until it got tiring.

Then it kinda got gokd again in the last ten minutes when we had a last flashback to his childhood and him starting as a reporter at the Daily Planet but that was kinda too little, too late.

DCEU sucks. Snyder sucks.

BUT in Zach Snyder's defense, the source material of the DCEU is BY ITSELF greatly inferior to the source material of the Marvel universe.

DC has the best superhero, batman. And Batman has never jived very well in tone with the rest of DC material. That's why every crossover comic like Justice League or Batman vs ..... has always been shit. It's just not tonally consistent. Batman's world has *hints* of the supernatural but for the most part is a world much more like ours than Superman or Wonder Woman. Superman does not usually have all-powerful beings or gods (though there's exceptions to this and it's the weakest Batman material).....

so when you put together a B team of DC guys including Batman (a much more logical hero from a much more logical portion of the DC universe), it sucks and has tonal consistency problem.

DC has the best hero, Batman, but outside of that a lot of DC is crap. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Superman; are the C grade comics...

But I will say DC's adult spinoff company, Vertigo, has some of the best comics in existence, but these aren't commonly thought to be DC....

I butchered a line that sort of fucks the meaning of what I was trying to say.

I meant to say
>*Batman* does not usually have all powerful beings or gods (though there are exceptions to this and it's the weakest Batman material).

We don't have to pretend. Plebeianism is a spectrum. The lower end plebs think we're memeing. The higher end are triggered by the realization that we're right and are forever in ass-blasted denial over the revelation of their place in the hierarchy. Patricians with too many preconceptions fall into this same zone of cognitive dissonance, insisting that the things we've pointed out are just "coincidence" and "headcanon" because they bought into the narrative Snyder being some brainless dudebro.

We enlightened have seen the truth, and that truth is like the sun.

Because it's better than marlel and that triggers invanding redditors like you

>this post
Ironic autism is still autism.

This. How does it fit in your "everybody pretending to like DC is trolling or shilling" narrative that NO ONE ever defends Suicide Squad and we freely admit that it's shit?

Still can't believe i paid $14 to not have a single closeup of nebulas ass.

I like the DC movies cause they feel comic books in movie form.

Marvel stuff (except GOTG) is like movies about comic book characters.

>NO ONE ever defends suicide squas and we freely admit it's shit

Kek, I think I've seen the 'muh oscar' argument in every capeshit thread I've seen since it actually won

>gotg opening below expectations
>l-lol martha! threads for weeks
Like clockwork

I didn't *hate* Suicide Squad. I just felt like it could have been a way better movie if they'd been able to devote more time to the story.

As it was, it was the DC equivalent of a Marvel film. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but it was funny as hell to see normies eat it up while critics bashed it for being the exact same thing they praise the MCU for.

Because it's fun to remind you that winning an oscar is that easy and there is something really wrong with Marvel if they can't do it

Marvelcuck desperation will be through the roof when Spider-Man underperforms too.

>Kek, I think I've seen the 'muh oscar' argument in every capeshit thread I've seen since it actually won
This.

You misunderstand the argument, then. We're saying that the movie that most of the fans of the DCEU think of as the worst was still good enough to go home with one of the Oscars you can look at as a gimme for Action/Adventure/Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

The MCU going 0/14 just shows what the industry thinks of their product.

Suicide Squad deserved an oscar for makeup though, regardless of the quality of the movie

That's more laughing at marlel than defending SS tho

what an abhorrent post, a Canadian must have made it

Marvel's heroes are so much worse than DC's across the board

There are some exceptions. Daredevil's legitimately a great character, so is Wolverine in the right hands, as are the Silver Surfer and the Punisher. Sadly, none of these are part of the MCU.

Peter David's run on the Hulk was fucking brilliant, but we're never going to see anything like that, either, because the MCU had its balls removed the instant the Disney deal went through.

DESU I like MOS and BVS, only due to watching the animated series as a kid ( I do not want to see avengers dc edition).

He said you were pretending to like it, that doesn't necessarily mean you guys are doing it "ironically".

Which PS2 game is this?

>someone complains about guardian of the galaxy
>marvelfags start shitting the catalog with antidc threads
everytime

Lol your favorite screen shot from that film is something that only flickers on screen for a couple frames.

lmao dude.

Here it's just people joking, in other places there are genuine DC-only hardcore fanatics who are desperately defending any part of the DCEU because they are afraid that there will be no more DC capeshit if they don't do something.
They think it's either Zack Snyder and his vision all the way or the DCEU is completely over forever.

They don't get that Snyder CAN and SHOULD be replaced as soon as possible (He won't because he and his wife are producing every movie until DCEU is rebooted, the whole cinematic universe was planned by Snyder, WB bet everything on him and his vision) by someone better.

Problem is DC fanatics believe that even though there's literally billions of people to choose from, there is no one on this planet better equipped to lead the DCEU than Snyder.

I'm here. I like it. And I'm not joking.

If you legitimately believe anything you just posted, you're most likely a cartoonfag or such a pleb that you've only ever understood the surface narrative of any comic story you've ever read.

The only decent DC heroes are Supes, Batman, and depending on the writer, Flash. Marvel has the x-men, which has quite a few interesting characters on its own, plus Spiderman, Captain America, Iron Man, and occasionally Hulk depending on how they use his character.

Not true I enjoyed BvS and MoS unironically and I enjoy even more to tear apart the nitpickings of marvel shills. They are both 7.5 and 6.5/10 movies for me, mind you. I just think that the MCU is an abomination that it's going to destroy hollywood by the time it crashes and DC takes artistic risks which places them above Marvel regardless if the risks pay off or not

the martha scene was one of the deepest and most meaningful in cinema histoy

>American cinematic franchises as metaphor for American political parties

What will Snyder think of next?

How much exposition do you think we'll get regarding what's going on myth- and magic-wise in the DCEU? You think it'll continue to be something just picked up on or something that gets directly referenced?

nobody ever gave a shit about Avengers comics and they still don't so Cap and Iron Man are disqualified.

Hulk has been ruined for ages too and Chulk isn't helping.

>nobody ever gave a shit about Avengers comics
That's a good joke.

Superman, WW and Batman are western canon at this point and guys like Constantine, Swamp Thing, Dr Fate have better stories than anything Marvel. There is a reason DC makes twice as much money as Marvel in trades. Marvel has been absolute shit since the 80s

I love Constantine so much. I'm still a little heartbroken that the show got canceled. I'm not saying it was great, because it wasn't. I just want to see someone find the right angle of attack on John and it came way closer to the mark than the movie did.

>Superman, WW and Batman are western canon at this point
Marvel has a shitload more recognizable characters in western canon
>Constantine, Swamp Thing, Dr Fate have better stories than anything Marvel.
I think Punisher trumps anything in any of those series, but hey, opinions man. If the DCEU had smarter people in charge I'd definitely like to see a new swamp thing or Hellblazer though. They've got potential.

Well you're in luck, because Snyder's in the midst of finishing the foundation for the sort of world where characters like John and Holland can actually work.

>pretend
Nigga They are only good Superhero movies of the last decade.

they really didn't

The Avengers were always B-listers at best until Bendis' fuckery in the early 00s. As for the MCU, Iron Man is a fad. When Robert "Down Here, Jr" gives up the role Iron Man will be forgotten.

I still hold on hope that Del Taco will come back for Justice League Dark

I thought it was just a combination of shitposters, really rare people that like that junk and people who are just trying to be hipster/contrarian with liking the current disaster of DC trying really hard to catch up.

First Class, DoFP and Logan were good too. Not MCU, of course.

>$140M
>dominating weekend
Kek

I agree. I'm a comics guy and the titles I consistently read from Marvel were Spider-Man, X-related titles, the Punisher, Daredevil, the Silver Surfer, the Fantastic Four, the Hulk, and Thor. Only two of those are generally thought of as Avengers, and the Avengers comic never consistently delivered for me.

Notably, the two "Avengers" in that list are the ones with the most lackluster representations in the MCU.

>Marvel has a shitload more recognizable characters in western canon
If you really believe this you may be mentally ill. Not even Spiderman is up there with the trinity right now. X-Men are all but ruined right now, movie and comic wise, and Spider-Man is pretty much the same.

I dont defend SS but I still find it hilarious that SS beat Dr Ironman successor even with SS negative publicity at day 0 and wit Dr's China pandrering lol

Del Taco tackling a Swamp Thing "Gothic" trilogy could be elder god tier. You could even use the "awakening" happening in the DCEU as a substitute for the aftermath of the Crisis.

The Smallville battle sequence in Man of Steel and the scenes leading up to it are legit my favorite action sequence in nu-cape shit. Could literally feel the stakes of the whole situation and connect with it on an emotional level. Snyder is just masterful sometimes

Marvel is for children.

I love both MoS and BvS:UC (fuck WB for that theatrical cut), and i can defend both of these movies.
People who tried to shit on MoS, their arguments never gone more than NOT MUH and every '''''plot-hole'''''' they presented debunked and explained.

BvS butchered by WB, so i can understand the problems who only watched theatrical cut. UC is a great movie, and again arguments never gone more than martha memes. both of these movies have great caracterization for Clark and Earth as a whole. They handled death of Superman well and actually made it matter in grand story. And its a great thing that Superman's heroism and sacrifice give Heroes like Batman new hope for a better world.

After JL we are gonna get the versions of heroes we love, and their sacrifices and hardships they have gpne thorugh will make them more relatable.

I agree with absolutely everything you said.

How much back history do you think we're going to get in Wonder Woman? Did you pick up on the very real possibility that the Enchantress and her brother were relics of the Ancient War, leftover Apokoliptan technology?

>If normies hate it, Sup Forums champions it.
uhhh

I agree too. It's so much better than BvS and I fuckin love Jared's Joker and hope he returns

>Whats the point of shitposting and falseflagging in an echochamber where everyone does it?

that's why it's fun to be contrarian about their contrarianism. just post as many normie opinions as you can.

it really butters their biscuits, if you know what i'm saying

>pretend
Nice projection

More like 2011.

And DC is for children who think they are adults

>top thread in the pic has 170 posts
>every BvS thread here reach bump limit within hours
Thanks for BTFOing yourself redditor

>every BvS thread here reach bump limit within hours
Yeah, due to shitposting and nonstop talk about Religious imagery

You already BTFO yourself, this post is redundant

Children wouldn't understand any of the symbolism and thematic significance of BvS

> shitty movie won about the most irrelevant Oscar there is
> fanboys start acting as if it meant anything
That's just embarrassing.

I think people here genuinely enjoy Batman vs Superman. God knows why but they seem to actually like it.

>meme franchise can't win anything after 14 attempts
>fanbois get triggered
Don't feel bad, MCU's sister franchise Transformers never wins either

1. Hack Snyder is a genuine sociopath who cannot fake acting like a normal human being.
2. Hollywood would rather give $200+m to an obvious mentally unstable manchild to have him shit himself on the big screen, cutting their own profits by hundreds of millions, than hire a bunch of cinema students who will write a half-decent script over a weekend on a budget of four cheeseburgers and two grams of crystal meth.

I never even watched an MCU flick.
e m b a r r a s s i n g

>I'm not a marlel fanboi but I follow their austimal company wars faggotry
Sure thing bucko

I love both MoS and BvS for the trainwreck quality they have. Superman and Lane kissing in a ruined city is just cinematic genius in awful, and I almost come every time I get reminded that over a dozen people had to have greenlit that "save Martha" fiasco before it went into production.

I genuinely love Man of Steel and think BvS is a good, if flawed, film.
Didn't like Suicide Squad though.

Wow, it's been a while since a post on the internet almost made me cry out of embarrassment. Good job.

>marlel shills is crying
First the elections then the oscars and now this, no rest for the cucked right?

I enjoy it because I can see that they're building an actual comic book world and treating the movies more look intertwined comic book crossover stories. I don't go into their movies expecting them to be completely self-contained any more than I'd expect the first installment of a trilogy to answer every question it poses.