Is Dune by David Lynch worth watching?

Is Dune by David Lynch worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0142032/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is anything by david lynch worth watching?

it's a great movie, very trippy, almost feels experimental

yes, but David Lynch walked away while making it and it was finished by another director, so the movie ends up a beautiful mess.

would you fuck a guild navigator?

also make sure you watch the Extended Edition 177 minutes long, it makes it less confusing.

Yes.

and definitely watch the Dune made-for-TV mini-series
imdb.com/title/tt0142032/

It has terrible effects but great screenwriting.

t. watches Transformers and Fast & the Furious unironically

It's his best movie

FATTTHHHERRRRR

Mmmmmm Shai-Huluuuuud.

It's a terrible fucking film and it makes me god damn angry that it gets shoved into top 10 science fiction movie lists constantly. Complete garbage, a total failure.

>Complete garbage, a total failure.
How can you not like it when its just like you?

Dune is like The Hobbit, it gets everything right : the perfect cast, the great scenery, the perfect choice for director, the excellent music, a huge budget .... yet just like the Hobbit its a pile of shit.

I still dont know how they fucked this up so badly.

Because I dont like myself either

Well, atleast you are self-aware.

the water of life

the water of life

Not really. Dune is his only good film and even it has some serious, serious issues. I like his Dune film just because I'm a Dune fan, nothing more.

Actually your pic related look more like the kind of faggots that like Lynch films. Only faggots like Lynch films because it's hip to like weird shit.

Absolutely

Elephant Man and Mulholland drive are 10/10s

>Jackson
>the perfect director
Del Toro would have been miles better.

Takes a couple of viewings then it grows on you. Also, watch Lynch's original version not the Judas Booth version.
And why it sucks was he did not have final cut (something he gets on all his stuff nowadays)

Usually its the other way around, non-fans love it.

Well those fags are dumb. Even Frank Herbert liked Lynch's film. At least his novel got made into a movie. That's all he cared about.

Just read the book

Im going to read the whole Dune series before I watch the movie, in case it ruins some special properties of the book.

Just read the first novel. The Lynch film doesn't adapt anything from the rest of the series.

Yes. The beginning when money wasn't an issue is great.is great. But like the book, the more it goes on the worse it gets.

books are for fag's like you

parts are really great parts are fucking shit
literally everything but dune is incredible

>his name is a killing word

only the first book is good

""

If you've never read the book, sure, it's a weird film with some nice aesthetics and a 10/10 soundtrack by Toto.
If you've read the book, you'll probably hate it for bastardizing one of the greatest stories in all of science fiction.

First book is good. It's like Star Wars. It introduces the characters and universe. Then 2nd book goes Empire Strikes Back on us and we learn more about the philosophical side of things. The only catch is, the rest of the series is literally the Empire Strikes Back. There are no more high points like the first book. It's all depressing and spirals down further and further. By book 4 you just want to die.

lolno

For the visuals alone, yes.

If you want the Dune story (and have no prior knowledge whatsoever), no.

If you want the Dune story and know the basics, yes.