They did it. They fucking did it. They made their best film yet

They did it. They fucking did it. They made their best film yet

This is their Empire Strikes Back

I agree

Literally Redddit: the movie

But i thought Deadpool was. Not everything can be Redddit

I love how every normie reviewer is saying this a generic reiteration of the first one, and now the contrarians are all coming out of the woodwork to state how much they thought this was good. Hilarious.

Quite literally Reddiit: the flick

Is Redddit an evil clone like Luuke?

It isn't generic by any measure.

R

The pacing at the start was rough, but I actually enjoyed the last half.

What did he mean by this ?

The ending actually made me tear up abit.
I Fucking love Yondue the based blue beast that he is.

Why can't the imdb forum redditors fuck off to reddit instead of Sup Forums

Were all Disney shills in this thread.
Feel the love.

I wish we had a containment board for this shit.

reddit. go back there

in all seriousness, I'd consider that the first one.

This was meh, but maybe my expectations were too high

The story is definitely generic.

Every single new movie to come out I hear this.
Then stay the fuck off the fucking film board if you don't want to discuss film, fucking retard.

I WILL cut you!

write a essay on why its "generic"

Nah. It was basically the same thing as what happened in that futurama episode where Leela thinks the shape shifter is a cyclops. The person isn't what they appear is very much a cliche.

The first movie was just scene from other movies. Raiders of the Lost Ark. Lock Up/Tango&Cash, Serenity, etc.

Rotten Tomatoes is a shit website and everyone who uses it as a measure of quality is a fucking moron.

UPVOTE REDDIT STYLE
HEEEY BABY GROOTY
UP UP UP UP UP
UPVOTE REDDIT STYLE

>2/5
>fresh
what a garbage website

You fags have memed this statement into a third level ironic, where is real normal people lump children in with the actually redditers

So basically you all have literally become the thing you hate. Faggot snowflakes that get triggered by people liking things you don't like

t. Normal person

Hey remember Wonder Woman?

Yeah, nobody else will either.

More like their Phantom Menace.

I generally enjoy these Marvel movies cause they're decent enough blockbusters, but this was too fucking much even for me. The humor and characters were absolutely obnoxious, it's like I was watching a parody of the first movie.

>casting David spade as Adam warlock

Fuck off Disney

It felt like an episode of big bang theory without the laugh track

Serious question, are there really people here who unironically believe that companies would spend money on advertising on an imageboard that is 90% full of NEETs with social anxiety who torrent all of the movies they watch and they basically have no revenue to gain from their marketing investment?

Right? I can buy companies shilling on places like reddit and youtube, but no one really gives a shit about Sup Forums.

Plus, all the comic book fanboys do their shilling for free, they're like rabid football fans when it comes to brand loyalty. Paying them or even acknowledging them would be a waste of money, they do it anyway.

No budget movies without advertising budgets probably do.

I can't imagine Disney would bother. Especially as their target audience are "little kids" and "Chinese slave labor"

only an idiot wouldn't believe people wouldn't shill on a website with tens of millions of different IPs visiting every month

I can't tell if this is pasta because it's so poorly written

There were a ton of reaction image worthy shots in this film, the one where that mantis girl and drax were laughing at quill? The one pic where quills eyes are filled with galaxies and shit after his dad pokes his face?

I can tell you have no friends.

How so? I went with friends to see the movie.

Wait... YOU have friends?

i was actually surprised that it had a 'sci fi' story. it was lite and descended into a big fight with a god at the end; but at least their were implications for the universe and the characters.

I wish I could be friend with my parents too...

;_;

>le "people on Sup Forums have no friends xDD" meme
Played out.

You shouldn't have been such a disappointment then user. Maybe try calling your mom more than once a month.

Oh, we do have "friends", if you know what I mean.

Enough with these kids movies already.

B-but she irritates me by trying to run my, and everyone else's life!

>if you know what I mean.
You give blowjobs to your friends or what?

Yes. You don't?

She's just misunderstood, take her to a movie and have some bonding time.

No, I'm just the friend that gets his dick sucked. Everyone knows reciprocating is for faggots.

Sup Forums clearly gets shilled, if not by companies then by autistic fans.
Not sure about Sup Forums or Sup Forums though.

It was a piece of shit though

SHE CAN'T SHUT UP IN PUBLIC PLACES IT'S TALKTALKTALK EVERY FUCKING SECOND AND VERY LOUD!!!

I hated the damn thing. Couldn't go 8 seconds without an unfunny joke breaking any modicum of tension they tried to build. He turns into giving Pac-Man in the final battle for fucks sake. It'd make more sense if this was a kids movie but they make several oblique sexual references and art one point slaughter hundreds of people in a matter of minutes. Not to mention star lord spouting literal memes like calling rocket a " trash panda". Also generic "use your heart to beat the bad guy" despite the bad guy being a millions of years old space god who built and controls the planet you're standing on. And Nebula's whole shit boiling down to "daddy never loved me." Yondu having the heart to heart with rocket about always driving people away despite the only people who he's driven away being the crew he just slaughtered or the 99 reaper captains, who abandoned him not because he was a dick but because he was dealing in child slavery

>this pathetic shilling
That bad huh?

You got me there.

Is this Jontron?

Communication is the key. Just tell her "mom, please stop talking for a minute, you're doing it too much".

>capeshit
>film

Oh yeah and several scenes of just bizarrely bad acting, especially by Pratt and the alien sisters. Example being the scene on the ship where they lock up nebula and Starlord apologizes for flirting with the sovereign priestess

I did. She never stops. Ever. I love her to death but she drives me fucking mad too.

I loved it. Vin Diesel's best performance ever.

>I love her to death but she drives me fucking mad too.
That's most moms though, you just have to get used to it.

No, that was Dr. Who.

It plays out like an hour long version of that Fresh Prince episode except it has Rocket and Yondu doing actual interesting shit as a side story.

It's your perceptions of this website that are skewed. You're about ten years behind the times.

Black Mirror gets it - Facebook and Reddit are where people wear their masks and virtue-signal in an attempt to get social reinforcement and feel better about themselves. Sup Forums is the basement where you come to drop the mask and let all the bile spew out.

We've all got it, and once you find your way here, you never leave.

I really started noticing Pratt's lack of range and acting chops in Passengers. Don't get me wrong - he was far from the worst thing about that film, but his acting sure as hell didn't help elevate it.

oh god autism

>oh god faggotry

It's the truth, you fucking moron.

Garbage. I was embarrassed watching it around others and I knew they felt the same. We have all been there. Unfunny and pretentious.

I expected to really like it, but it was pretty average.

>He turns into giving Pac-Man in the final battle
I just sighed when that happened

>I just sighed when that happened

Knowing about it in advance is not making me like it any better.

Did anyone else try and force themselves to laugh at the bits that were meant to be funny? I tried, but it didn't help.

>heh let me tell you about people...when you dig down beneath the surface...we're all freaks on the inside...heh
*tips fedora*

Nice meme, but it's still true that people come to Sup Forums to act up. Sometimes it's people revealing their inner edgelord, and sometimes it's just people shitposting. Don't take the Internet too seriously user - it's not worth it.

oh god autism

Agreed. Ars Technica and Slashdot are others. Sickening how the 'top posters' grovel to the SJW types. The poster title thing just adds to the preening vibe.

this
was a great flick

>oh god faggotry

It's the truth, you fucking moron.

And sometimes it's people like me who like expressing themselves with no filters at all. Everything I post here is the unvarnished truth of who I am and what I think.

I can't do that in everyday life. I'd lose my job, my girlfriend, and most of my friends, not necessarily because they wouldn't agree with me, but because of the absence of that completely necessary veneer of tact you have to employ when dealing with people in person.

teenage groot made me literally die xD

Couldn't follow the plot for the first half of the movie. Cut to some random shit for 50 minutes straight.

That's fine so long as you're having fun

>couldn't follow the plot of a Marvel flick
lmaoing @ ur life senpai

>Not everything can be Redddit
Correct. DC films are definitely not reddit. They're still shit, though.

>Couldn't follow the plot for the first half of the movie
Jesus

Wow.....are you that guy who had to have egos motivation for what he did explained? Like.....fuck.

This is a fellow user...

This guy called somebody else retarded once upon a time...

You are a boor.

Get real.

Did he fuck her?

Those are strangers. They are sitting beside you because this is a popular movie and every seat is precious.

Why would you remind me of that ending, and Yondue. "He may be your father but he's not your daddy."

Shit, teared up a bit. Pretending to have a cold after emotional scenes like that helps distract others in case they're wondering why your eyes are red.

>This is their Empire Strikes Back
Empire Strikes Back is a movie you actually kinda can willingly re-watch years later, sober, when it's no longer the freshest shit ever in all the theaters, even without your friends, and not JUST for nostalgia points.

If you can do that with this thing then you might have some problems. In your DNA.

You know, making Adam Warlock a comedy relief type hero would really be best. Adam Warlock is a lot like the vision and we already have a vision, we don't need two. Adam Warlock is a guy who knows what's up, all the time. Even when Dudes like Thanos isn't sure of anything, Adam knows. When he's born, he knows he's going to have the gauntlet and he knows what's best for everybody. And he does what's best for every body.

Obviously no.

The thing about shills is that they do it for free.

It was just random cuts for 50 minutes until they get to ego. Then Ving and Rambo show up for no reason. There's still no nova corps.

I liked the first GotG better than about 75% of the MCU catalog, and even I couldn't help noticing how stale it already was on a re-watch.

staleness seemed to set into the entire brand once disney bought it.