>painful Anansi BLM anachronistic speech
>Bilquis unbirthing montage
>several random dicks
>5 minutes of Shadow crying in a bathtub
>5 minutes of Shadow crying packing up his house
>terribly made up additional scenes

Highlights

>every scene actually from the book didn't suck
>even the little add ons (Czernobog's random race comment) seemed to flow rather than be stagnant
>Gillian Anderson crushes it as Media/Lucy Ricardo

So why did Starz give full reign to ruin this season while making the good parts so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

solarmoviez.to/movie/american-gods-season-1-20443/639079-8/watching.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why the fuck do they have to add a song in every scene

>making more than one thread to complain about the same thing

Pathetic.

the neon purple nigger spider comedian scene was fucking cringeful.
it also shits on the books message of people brought their gods to the land.
the nigger spider just lands on its own.

>is upset that Sup Forums poster is doing what Sup Forums does 24/7/365 because its SJW shitshow is being mocked

You want to push us all back inside you gaping cunt?

Is there a webm yet? you know which

It's a feel guilty about slavery episode

Can't wait for the most homoerotic scene on television.

they cried when a mixed race actor got cast to play the mixed race lead character, if you weren't expecting this after literally every episode you haven't been paying attention to Sup Forums much

Had no problem with Shadow's casting. When the decide to make Ibis into a dark black dude after it's discussed he could have been black, or Greek, or Spanish (and the whole idea that no one though of Jacquel and Ibis as a 'colored' funeral parlor until Reconstruction) it's a bit annoying. That is an interesting concept, dealing with passing and how belief impacts the gods, but nah, we need to be heavyhanded SJW alldayeveryday to allay white guilt.

I liked the dick pic. It made me LOL BTFO by white cock

Bit it's supposed to be Dane Cook's dick, and that's just sad.

No they didn't. Blacks or Arabs did before the sold you to Europeans.

Jesus christ

I just started watching the second episode and that cringeworthy speech at the start has made me genuinely consider abandoning the show entirely

Is it worth continuing?

See you next week.

I'm sure there'll be more to trigger you. Piss you off. Whatever you want to call it.

Well they made Egyptian gods blacks too for some reason. So probably not.
I wonder how actual North Africans feel about American turning then in blacks that they so loath?
kek

wut

if you're not trolling and actually that much of a sensitive faggot that someone saying slavery is a bad time for blacks in one scene upsets you, no, it's probably not worth watching, there will be a lot more things in the show that take you out of your comfort zone.

Not that guy, but I'm more bothered about how forced and weirdly written the whole thing was. It goes against the message of what the show's supposed to be about.

The scene implied that the Dutch caught and enslaved them on their own, rather than just bought the slaves from other blacks.

>Anansi in the book
brown, manlet, chill, funny, clever
>Anansi in the series
black,tall,angry, psychotic, RACE WAR NAO

To be fair, this was the first change from the source material that I really hate.

And what is the message? As far as I know, the book didn't have one.

You're treating this as "lol u mad whitey" when I'm just bothered that they fucked up his character and used the scene as a hamfisted attempt at social commentary in a place that didn't make sense.

It's been a while since I read the book, but since when could the gods time travel?

>>Anansi in the book
>brown,

Maybe you should look up what Anansi is retard. Or read anansi boys. Or read American Gods again.

I only watched it to fap.

Hard to find my fetish.

>dis nigga dis mad
Nigga, y u so mad tho?

Dane Cook is dead already?

Right. So?

Historical revisionism for an agenda's sake.

And? I didn't write it. Why sperg out on me about it?

No one implied you wrote it.

Shame really, another series with a good first episode taking a nosedive in the second.

>gets described as an aging Cab Calloway natty dressed and jovial
>now an angry zip coon type lawdy yes kill dem white folks

It's painful. Hell, do the original Anansi introduction (the magic twins) as a great way to intro a bunch of gods of Africa, but this was hamhanded as fuck.

Everything in Chicago was based though.

So leave me the fuck alone about it, retard. Go bother Fuller or Slade.

I'm just trying to get guilty for slavery bro. No need to sperg out.

>killing myself will really teach the white man a lesson
I thought the message of this scene is that Niggers shoot each other in the streets because they are gullible idiots. This guy appears and tells them that the best use of their time is to burn themselves alive. And they do it because they just believe him without questioning what he says. We the audience know that he is right and live at the end of the boatride will be shit for them. But they don't know that. They are just too stupid to think for themselves.

Yeah. It seems like if you just cut out any scene that has a non-Shadow minority in it you'll almost have a good retelling of American Gods.

So how did Shadow escape the lynching? I thought someone came to his rescue or something and it would be a cliffhanger to find out who saved him. Did they just let him go?

Now you mention it, yeah, almost all the stuff with Shadow has been decent. Everything outside of it is fucking trash.

His waif saved him but they are saving that reveal for later since it was supposed to happen a bit later in the books. Technical boy didn't attempt to have him killed after he spoke with him in the books.

It feels like they got the contract, realized fuck, we have one book to do the whole series, then decided 'fuck, well, guess we need to write some filler' and gave Fuller and a group of Tumblrinas full reign to write it.

Is the book good?

Based Big Dick Dane, working Shadow the cuck.

blacks can't be cucks.
I mean a white women cheats with a white men... yeah sure...
On that point i stoppped

>blacks can't be cucks.
Explain Idris Elba and Jaime Foxx then.

Someone got a link to the episode?

Different people over time

solarmoviez.to/movie/american-gods-season-1-20443/639079-8/watching.html

Yeah, nah. The People of the Nile weren't Nigerian black, nor were most of their gods.

>WE WAZ
Nope.

Better than this

Thanks mate.

I wanted this show to be good but I'm slowly starting to think it's actually kind of shit.

When Jezebel, The Root, The Mary Sue, etc. call every episode THE MOST IMPORTANT EPISODE OF TELEVISION EVER you know it's shit.

The thing that bothers me is that the BLM scene is basically irrelevant, it's like it was thrown in there purely for brownie points.

So Dane is the dead guy?

That was bad, but that scene of Bilquis being sad that she can't be a fat sassy black woman and get fucked was hilarious.

>that stretching of the jewelry for a fat chick

Oh my. So powerful.

Yea, but he will probably show up in a flashback

To when Dane Cook was relevant?

I don't know, but there will probably be flashback to Shadow and his wife, and he will show up in those too.

ZING!!!!

Was appalled at the shitty attempt at an Irish accent by the Leprechaun, surprise, he is played by some jew.

>have them tease us with lucy's tits
>don't end up showing them
d-damn

>ancient egyptian literally painted themselves as light brown in their wall paintings
>lol they are black guys
Fuck off hoteps

The real annoying thing about the BLM scene was that it throws out a much better CtA story. I liked the black twin that ends up fighting in the hatiain revolution than this half assed speech.

I never followed any American tv series for years now and Im only here because of American Gods since I like the book. My god what are these fanfic tier of writing? I mean, props for that unbirthing scene, but still
>All of the not so subtle WE WUZ shit
>black egyptian gods
>that viking play war shit, instead of introducing us to the importance of gallows.
>later on we got roman gods of forgery as gods of guns (tm)

Not to mention the super weird, style-over-substance, take on the naration. I dont feel like watching a story, I felt like watching some music video. Are all americans TV series this level of chaotic quality now? Is this what you guys call as """"kino""""" ?

Don't know why anybody would think this show might be alright when the book is a hot piece of dog shit. Literally one of the worst I've ever read

so are all threads gonna be you know who complaining about you know what? why not just drop the show?

The evil white guy's white dolls doing ultra-violence and hanging the black guy by the neck, oh what brilliant symbolism...

Are we not allowed to enjoy the schadenfreude of a shit tier show being lauded as patrician TV for its hamfisted SJW bullshit?

I thought this was Sup Forums

as a non-americuck that's not obsessed with race and BLM shit, the intro was a good scene of a trickster god convincing a bunch of guys to sacrifice themselves to him.

I don't know why you have to cry about sjw's just because he said black people get fucked for a few hundred years in america.

stormare and gillian anderson on the tv scenes were great, looking forward to more mcshane and dude talking in the car, they have decent chemistry.

If you want Kino watch Fargo.

nice leddit spacing. guess i don't need to get on the threads if it will just be the same week in week out

I think my problem is how out of place it felt. If it had been another African, wearing African sort of clothes and tricking the slaves that's one thing, but going on a weird rant about something that hasn't even happened yet was just weird.

>caring about spacing

I guess autism does speak. I'm just not listening.

The original CtA of Anansi is better tho.

yes, it is.

still no need for the sjw blm reeeeeeee though, but I guess should expect nothing else from this place.

>CtA
Chicago Transit Authority?

It's just out of place. Even people who support what it's saying surely must concede that it's a strange place for it.

Fucking dropped. This BLM shit wasn't in the book.

Nansi was a trickster. Always pictured him as a nice old black man.

Is it going to be the same actor in Anansi Boys?
I guess it was a good performance but it's so jarringly different from his personality in the books.

It isn't tho.

It is though.

I'm not gonna watch this shit show.

You haven't seen all the GREATEST MONOLOGUE OF ALL TIME calls from the SJW blog sites?

He literally tricked those niggas into sacrificing the ship for him.

Why did he do it dressed up like a jive gangster from the 20th century though? Talking about things that don't exist yet?

I would have been happy with it if he represented the god as he was, not what he would become in the future. I mean shit, the whole idea is that the gods represent the understanding of the people who believe in them, why would slave #442124 see Anansi as some sort of modern guy?

From that perspective I kinda agree, that was strange. Hope Wednesday won't stand before vikings in his fucking hat.

no I don't spend spend my life online reading clickbait.

you shouldn't either.

>Nansi was a trickster.
And he tricked those dumb niggas to make a sacrifice off their own lives.
>Always pictured him as a nice old black man.
He might be older when we get to his appearance in the story proper. Remember that Bilquis looked way older when she didn't have any worshippers, and Anansi has way less worshippers today than 300 years ago.

Also, some user said that Anansi making landfall by himself instead of being brought by his worshippers contradicts the way the gods reached America. I think that's not exactly true. A slave revolt resulting in a ship burning down would be quite the story back then. Even if it's not direct worship, the results of Anansi's deed being on the lips of thousands of Americans might be enough to plant the seed of his faith on the American soil. One/some of the slaves might have survived too.

Can bookfags fill me in on what happened with the faceless guys who tried to hang Shadow? Who/what killed them?

>Hope Wednesday won't stand before vikings in his fucking hat.

Exactly. If he did the Vikings would think "the fuck is this guy". Why were the Africans ok with seeing their god looking nothing like them, and in fact LOOKING LIKE THE SLAVEOWNERS.

If I was to do the scene, you could keep it mostly the same, but just change him to be dressed in what the Africans would imagine a god looking like, and make him speak their fucking language like the African guy did.

We all know why the fucking didn't though. It's so when we see Anansi later he can look exactly the same and the dumbfuck audience won't get confused. That, and he speaks in English so they can upload it to Youtube and get revenue from clickbait websites.

I'm really talking myself into hating this show.

Shadow's dead wife, June, zombified by the gold coin that fell on her grave in the first episode

Nah. He stays as a wooden, forgotten statue in the first episode, remember?
But that war play in the same segment was fucking let down. I was hoping for the regular ver. I mean, sure you got an amerindian killed, but those vikings literally got whats coming for them right after that when the tribe attacked, slicing them and burning their boat, plus it introduce the importance of gallows that would be prevalent in all the story.

My hype was now hanging on the carousel and hall of dead gods scene. If they couldnt deliver those two scenes even with all of the modern CGI then theres seriously somethig wrong with those guy that make this.

>hall of dead gods scene
tell me more

It wasnt even in the book. Shadow was just ditched in gutter by Tech Boy near the motel.

The book delivers the weirdness slowly and not as hamfisted as the series was.

It's almost like the book was well written and this is a trash adaptation by a hack.

I'm so glad Sandman hasn't been adapted now.