Better call Saul

I don't understand the ending, I'm not sure if it was meant to be unclear of if I'm just dumb.

Saul expected an answer from Kim and she answers positively (Bingo). The only thing she got Howard&Chuck to admit is that they have another tape.

How is this relevant? If this is about the declaration, it doesn't matter... Jimmy DID destroy a cassette tape, even if it wasn't the original one. It's still destroying property. Duplicate cassette tapes are still property. Chuck didn't ask for them to write in "Destroyed the original tape recording". Just "cassette tape".

So how does that play in, legally speaking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5JRFQnmX5Sw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My guess is they are going to paint chuck as a paranoid nutjob. Thats why mike took the pictures.

the pictures were to prove Chuck's behavior puts him at risks ( the lamp over papers&shit ), maybe to get him sent to the mental ward or some shit.

but making a duplicate of a proof is just being careful, does not cross into paranoia I think. Especially when said proof is about some guy stealing&modifying legal documents.

The only thing I can think of is, Chuck has now stipulated that he made a copy of the tape with the intent of provoking Jimmy into destroying it.

What legal bearing that has, I'm not certain.

So, who thinks Chuck is lying about a second tape? Was the tape Jimmy broke even the real tape?

If they can prove that Chuck wanted Jimmy to break in, I guess it could play as entrapment if they're reallyyyyyyyy reaching. But they don't even need a copy for that. It can still count as entrapment even if there's just 1 copy.

Plus the law aspect of the show is trying to be a bit serious at least, I don't think they could go with entrapment with that.

I wonder, they said it was legal to record someone against his will in this situation, but maybe it's not legal to make a copy of it? Like Jimmy's voice is his own/copyrighted or something?

Because unless it was illegal to make a 2nd copy I don't see how it changes anything. The declaration is fine, the felony is still there even if it was jsut a duplicate...
Ah well, hope we find about it next episode.

No but at the end of the tape jimmy says "there do you feel better"

They can say jimmy was legitimately tying to care for his brother's well being while chuck was trying to entrap him in an insane scheme.

And when you look at yhe pictures you might just beleive that the nutjob did switch the numbers himself accidentally then came up with an elaborate scheme in his paranoid mind that jimmy was out to get him.

There is no proof but the tape. And tons of proof that jimmy carea for his brother and his brother does not care for jimmy.

So yea, i think they will make him out to be a paranoid nutjob.

We can't put lying beyond Chuck of course, but why would he NOT make a second tape? He hired security guards or wtv 24/7 to be ready for Jimmy, and he wouldn't make a copy of what he knew would be destroyed/stolen?

It means she knows why Jesse killed that dog and is going to convict him for it.

Ah, I see what you mean...
So basically they WANTED a second copy, because Jimmy can use it as defense that he was just saying shit to make him feel better. Could make sense!

But this bring a new question.
Chuck knows where Jimmy made the copies. The guy didn't confess to Chuck but he will talk to the cops. When Jimmy talked to him he said "Nah my brother will ask you shit, but won't involve cops".

Even if Jimmy tried to threaten to bring him down with him, Chuck would shenanigan this around legally to make him a repenting witness and guarantee him no charges if he testify against Jimmy.

I don't see how Chuck would just ignore this guy. Hopefully the case happens in a way that this wouldn't play it at all, and that it doesn't end as a plot hole.

Can we discuss how Kim is the best waifu in recent television? Smart/Quick-witted loyal, fun to be around, competent without being a cliche superlaywer, total qtpi.

It's gonna hurt so bad when she inevitable gets tired of Jimmy's bullshit and cuts all tie and leave - or worse, is killed off.

Most of the answers are close but I think here's the real reason

> not destroying evidence since they all suspected/knew there was a copy, which Chuck confirmed.

> which means Chuck provoked Jimmy and basically set it all up to get him in trouble

> Normally would be a really hard case to make that it was ENTRAPMENT, but Chuck's history, condition, and overall strangeness makes it seem likely for his character (and rightly so).

> Chuck's dangerous habits (lantern on papers) amongst other things, shows he is unfit to live by himself and possibly gives Jimmy a theory that he was breaking in for the sake of his brother. This, combined with the evidence of Jimmy being the only one looking after him for so long shows that Jimmy was the good guy, Chuck is out to get him and destroy his career.

I'm in law school, haven't gotten to the elements of Entrapment yet but I would say it's looking like a jury could put the pieces together here, which would possibly get Chuck in trouble, committed, or force him to settle to avoid further complications.

thanks for that was hoping for a lawfag reply!

One thing comes to mind tho, would Mike taking pictures of Chuck's house for Jimmy be a crime of some kind?

I mean Jimmy break in Chucks's house, then after he's arrested, he sends someone else in to take pictures (while fixing the door)?

and he can't hide the fact that they were taken at this time either, most of the pictures are about the smashed door, some newspaper that they could surely put a date on, etc..

chuck has nothing to go on with that guy. he can't tell the guy to do anything. cops aren't going to go there and question him about it either.

read this:

>In some states there is no definition of "private," in which case, there is a general expectation of privacy. Should the subjects not attempt to conceal their private affairs, their actions immediately become public to a photographer using normal photographic equipment.

I'm guessing since Mike was on the property with permission and Chuck made no attempt to hide or refuse permission, it would be allowed. However, it might be hard to enter as evidence because Mike's presence was fraudulent.

Beyond that, think of it this way. Anything in the photographs was out there for Mike to see anyway, so he could have testified on what he saw. A photograph just cuts that step out and keeps Mike out of the picture.

I don't really know what they plan on doing with the photos. All your points are true and I'm no expert on this so it's hard to say at this point.

They could easily just say Jimmy took the pictures while he and Chuck were still on good terms

The tape is proof of motive for Chuck to want to entrap Jimmy. It appears they're going to attempt to question Chuck's state of mind, and mental faculties. Maybe even get him disbarred.

Missed last episode. Can someone give me a quick rundown of what happened?

I was thinking that, but OP brought up some points about the door, newspapers, etc.

>It's a Mike is a home repair man episode

entrapment

Am i the only one who likes more and more this show?
I enjoyed so much the scenes with the mexican cartel. And the one with mike messing with chuck was funny as well.
And the way it's filmed is always on top.

They made a copy for sure. Id be supremely upset by this show if after all that there wasn't a copy. All that shit with Howard and the private guard.

This makes a lot of sense. The entrapment and the whole manipulation and using his powers to get Jimmy disbarred, it all seems like grounds for disbarement for chuck. I think the "personal item" change will come back too. How personal is an item if its a copy? They act like it's the only one and its "personal" because it's not a fork or something that can be replaced, it was a replacement. The fact its a copy and holding jimmy responsible for the original...

I think mike might steal it from the lockbox too.

If Chuck gets disbarred wont he work toward railroading Kim off the Mesa Verde case? The guy is vindictive as fuck and seems to stop at nothing to see Jimmy in constant turmoil. Seriously, if it's not that Chuck the cuck will find some other way to mess with Jimmy.

i feel the same. i was on the fence feeling like the show got boring and needed a lunge forward. last 2 episodes got me hype again

my guess is jimmy is gonna say chuck planned the whole thing of the cassette because he know how jimmy would act and then the detectives would be right there to stage him

You all are idiots.

Chuck said under oath that this was a tape of incomprehensible value.

It was not, as he made another.

Chuck perjured himself, and make it clear via edit to the depo what he meant, therefore he can't claim honest mistake.

That's quite literally enough for disbarment.

There you go faggots.

I don't know.
There wasn't enough in the show actually happening for me to have an answer for you OP.
Nothing happened.

How do YOU guys want to see this play out though?

Chuck sent to a ward
Debarred
anything, what would be the most satisfying end for chuck in your eyes?

The whole point of making Chuck look insane (since he will be the one pushing for disbarment) is so that jimmy will still have to be on Diversion, but will get to keep his law licence. How else would he become Saul?

psych ward where there are bright lights beating down on him all day and he's hooked up to equipment would be most satisfying.
and, of course, coup de grace-
electroshock therapy.
not that they'd do it, but that would be the ultimate worst nightmare for chuck

getting debarred and sent to a ward, then watching some of saul goodman's commercials going on on screen and dying

this ---> BCS is my favorite show atm.

SHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT

BINGO'S FOR EVERYONE

Chuck wanted $2 to be added to the check for damaged property, for the cassette tape.

>incomprehensible value

Gotta count those shekels

Been saying it since the beginning, Jimmy is going to have Chuck institutionalized for being afraid of batteries. Jimmy was ranting about how insane Chuck was with the walls all covered in space blanket on the tape and now they'll have it in court. Mike took the pictures as further evidence of his insanity.

I feel like every single post in the thread is neglecting something.

The criminal case is already settled. This only has to do with the Bar Association hearing. Concepts like "entrapment" have no real bearing here. The burden of proof is lower (think civil court vs. criminal court) and whatever trap Chuck is falling into will have nothing to do with some convoluted legal loophole

Exactly what Jimmy said
>here's what gonna happen, one day you're gonna get sick again and one of the boys from hhm is going to find you wrapped in that space blanket having a seizure and call 911. They'll take you to the hospital and hook you up to all those things that beep and whir. And hurt. Only this time it will be too much for you, and you'll die there. Alone.

I don't wanna see anything too dramatic happen to Chuck but considering he has a mental illness and they discussed committing him in the first season? I think that'll happen.
I just want Chuck to realise he's stooped to Jimmys level and that he's exactly like him.

I think that's fairly obvious this will happen.

I'm more curious about what will happen to Kim. I mean she isn't there in BrBa, so what pushed her away? She already knows what Jimmy is. But I guess there's a wide range between Jimmy and Saul, so maybe at some point he just goes too far... And she learns of it, then what? She just leaves and that's it? I don't think this would be dramatic enough. I think he's gonna get her killed because she knows something he can't let her leave with.

Mike has given Saul a few hitman's numbers... He surely didn't give it to him randomly, Saul asked for them because he needed one at some point.

Gus continues to sabotage Hector, Hector tries to strong-arm Gus into running his product

Kim & Jimmy arrange for Mike to go and fix Chuck's door and take photos of Chuck's living environment (e.g. demonstrating his mental condition)

Jimmy confesses to the break-in/ tape destruction and gets a fine, but is being referred to the bar for disciplinary action (e.g. cancellation of law licence)

Kim gets Chuck to reveal that the tape Jimmy destroyed was a copy of the original (we don't know if this is truthful or not though)

the end

Mesa drops her after the chuck and Jimmy fiasco. Possibly disbarred for standing with jimmy? Not a law fag at all so no clue on what can happen. I know for a fact shell somehow end up back in Nebraska and hook up with Gene; hopefully he sees her scamming someone in the mall.

I don't think that Jimmy can do anything to get Chuck debarred but he can definitely humiliate him in front of the bar assosciation.

Jimmy knows exactly how to push Chuck's buttons and goad him into looking insane. Not just with his electromagnetic sickness and Mike's photos, but by getting Chuck to spin an insane theory about Jimmy changing the numbers in the documents. Even if Chuck has a backup tape Jimmy can just say that he was humouring Chuck as he felt that the mistake was driving his brother insane and the whole story is so unlikely that everyone would believe him.

The bar association would witness this and spread the word to all the lawyers in New Mexico. Opinion on Chuck would go from "Has unfortunate medical problem but is still a great lawyer and on top of his game" to "Completely batshine insane and paranoid" Chuck would be completely humiliated and would never be able to work in law again

NEW EPISODE TODAY RIGHT?
SORRY IM A FAGGOT, DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT TIMEZONES

tomorrow

you know it's true. you just don't want to accept it because it hurts too much.

>mfw soft reboot of Home Improvement starring Mike Ehrmantrout

>tfw you will never see Mike selling some appliances on TV
youtube.com/watch?v=5JRFQnmX5Sw

Entrapment only applies to government officers. Chuck isn't a government officer so Jimmy can't use the entrapment defense

entrapment is only a defense against government actions

>meth makes her man voice more feminine
Who knew

I don't know if I'm an idiot pleb or what, but it was so satisfying to watch the shoes in the power line scene unraveling. I got quite euphoric to be honest.

When the scene switched to him lying with the sniper rifle I thought: "Oh no, how the fuck is he going to shoot the shoe? The doesn't even have a suppressor to abuse the old silent gun trope". But then he started to shoot up I was like: "Son of bitch...". Gotta give the props to Vince, he knows how to make scenes look satisfyingly clever.

This. Knowing she isn't in Breaking Bad or mentioned at all in it is slowly killing me because something fucked up is going to happen.

Agreed 200%. The fact that so many people think "nothing happens" just makes me love it even more.

It doesn't matter if the tape was a copy or not, and them having a hunch that it was a copy doesn't mean anything.

>New Mexico Rules of Professional Conduct 16-304(a)
>A lawyer shall not:
>(a) unlawfully obstruct another party's access to evidence or unlawfully alter, destroy or conceal a document or other material having potential evidentiary value. A lawyer shall not counsel or assist another person to do any such act;

A copy of the tape has potential evidentiary value even if it's not the original and even if the tape itself is ultimately found to be inadmissible at trial.

That scene was great, but there are times they carry this style a little too far, and over-complicate the fuck out of a really simple thing just to exaggerate Mike's expertise.

Like that whole sequence when he duplicates & replaces the car-tracker, and then drains the battery on the original by hooking it up to a radio and letting it play for several hours. Couldn't he have just taken out the battery and thrown it away? That's what he does after it runs out of juice, anyway. The tracker would be just as dead, 6 hours ahead of schedule

>hey this battery died 6 hours earlier than all the others we've done that's weird
No its not a major chance anything would come of it, but I thought it just showcased how methodic and careful mike is covering all his tracks.

>electroshock therapy

Oh fuck I never thought of that

That would be rough

I doubt she is going to get killed. She's just going to give up on the him and leave probably because jimmy will fuck her career up.

>last scene of the series is Kim and her new bf/husband with a kid buying a cinnabon and doesnt recognize Jimmy.

I just want Chuck's shit to get fucked up

Saul mentioned having an ex-wife or two, so I'm expecting them to be married for a month or two.

>shows up to the ones tracking that the battery is being drained before it stops broadcasting
vs
>it suddenly stops broadcasting
get on Mikes level bum muncher

You're probably right, actually, that makes enough sense for me. I do love those methodical scenes, they remind me of movies like Blow-Up or The Conversation, but I couldn't see any reason for the extra step to drain the battery

Probably but not necessarily. Saul is a pretty minor character in BB and we know nothing about his personal life in the show so I don't think think it's guaranteed he wasn't in contact with Kim during BB.

>Duplicate cassette tapes are still property.
but he didn't destroy evidence if the original exists and Jimmy destroyed a copy. he only destroyed cheap property. which Chuck demanded restitution for, and he got.

Jimmy didn't destroy the evidence. tada. no disbarment

I agree the plot of the show is not that super elaborated narrative, it's truly a prequel, it switches between running the backstory of Mike and Jimmy, and eventually crossing their paths, but there's nothing else more than that, it's not a Game of Thrones or Westworld that use the narrative to keep the audience strongly invested on the show. Having said that, for me the biggest appeal of this show is exactly how good and creative the scenes are made, in some scenes it even get silly and I break up laughing because it feels like someone hired a PT Anderson to direct a late night shopping channel.

About the batteries, the tracker monitor showed the current level of the battery, so Mike apparently wanted to give the idea the battery progressively drained, instead of dying out of nowhere and get their attention to a possibility of it having being destroyed.

He gets a handy from some ugly Asian masseuse so there's that.

it's not destroying the tape that would get him disbarred, it's the fraudulent alteration of legal documents

this is a deposition, there are no cops going to interrogate that guy ffs

all good points, esp . about the copy not being destroying evidence. But what about the two witnesses, Howard and John Cleesealike?

He would be disbarred in case being convicted of a felony,. When Howard said to Chuck he couldn't think of a single use of that tape in court of law, Chuck answered "I can". This meant his plan was to use it in a alternative way, not to try to prove what Jimmy said on it was the truth.

he could be disbarred just for the destruction of property that he admitted to, it being evidence has nothing to do with it

except it's a disciplinary hearing where the rules of evidence are much lower

they can't get the tape admitted in court for a felony charge

they CAN get it admitted into a disciplinary hearing

how is he standing outside in sunlight here

He's a big fat faker

>The last episode of the season is called "Lantern"

> the one female doctor character that says Chuck should be institutionalized due to living habits being a fire hazard
> Jimmy, after finding out about the tape, threatens to burn chuck's house down to his face.
> One of the pictures Mike took is a lantern on top of newspapers, and Jimmy points this out

Chuck is gonna die in a house fire. Screencap this

Chuck is being painted like a true sociopath, meanwhile he have an absolute respect for the lawn, he absolute doesn't care about people, he tried to fuck up with Kim as a revenge to Jimmy, he first manipulated Ernesto to serve his plan then straight up fired him. Not even sent him back to HHM office, no, after the guy being immensely preservative to him and his autism, he just kick his negro ass to unemployment, and I don't doubt he would even send letters of "non-recommendation" to every other law office in the city the boy tried to get in.
>"Muhh integrity of the law, the boy broke his oat to the firm"

Jimmy is the complete antithesis of him, he shits for the law but care about people (at least the ones close to him).

>screencap this
Yeah right nerd if that happens I'm starting a thread and claiming I called it way back

what I fear the most is what will happen to kim? shes obviously not in BB so shes going to have to leave the picture

She's gonna die. It's inevitable.

I mean, yeah. We're all inevitably going to die.

Not naturally, because of Jimmy.

She mentioned living in Nebraska. That wasn't just a one off backstory note.
Gene is in Nebraska.
They will reunite.
It might not be pretty depending how their relationship ends though.
She will live nonetheless.

I think it is a pretty big leap to assume Jimmy is the reason everything dies, user.

>Saul is a pretty minor character in BB and we know nothing about his personal life in the show so I don't think think it's guaranteed he wasn't in contact with Kim during BB.

I don't think you can use BrBa to prove Kim is gone either... But I think she's a goner nonetheless.

I don't think BCS can end on a romantic happy ending with her still being with him.

Plus, she can deal with Slippin Jimmy (and she's a bit slippin herself at a few occasion) but I doubt she can deal with Saul Goodman.

>ctrl+f
>feet

>0 results

I am beyond disappointed.

Man it would be so rad if Chuck basically taught Jimmy all he knew about law by consistently doing these schemes that end up taking serious law knowledge to defeat.

where do I find a kimfu gf?
because I really want a kimfu gf.
comfiest girl ever.

forgot comfy pic