Is the UK actually going to leave the EU?

Is the UK actually going to leave the EU?

Other urls found in this thread:

lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2016/06/29/97001-20160629FILWWW00002-cameron-le-royaume-uni-va-quitter-l8217union-europeenne.php
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-what-is-eu-referendum-petition-david-cameron-a7105596.html
yougov.co.uk/news/2016/06/29/little-support-second-referendum/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

Yes

Maybe

Ask again later

Ask again.

Yes

David Davis is Brexit minister, a strong anti-EU politician.

I don't know

To give a better answer. No, there will be a 2nd referendum or a general election and the Remainers will actually put up a fight and pull out all the stops. All the protest voters will realise it probably wasn't the right time to be playing fuckfuck games and vote Remain. A fair few people who were hardcore Leavers will probably change sides after seeing what a mess it's already making and that there wasn't actually a planew. End result, landslide for Remain.

May said yes

>after seeing what a mess it's already making
you have sources? or are you believing the papers again?

I don't know

The politicians there appear to be avoiding any responsibility regarding decision making that could have some negative consequence. Seems they prefer some bank overseas to do it for them. After all it's a useful scapegoat for a country's ills.

Can you repeat the question?

>le newspapers maymay
>I have some superb secret sources that aren't mass media
>they say everything is fine, the good ship Britannia is ruling the waves again already

It's not like the last month has been one of the most tumultuous in British peacetime history or anything.

The government have ruled out a second referendum and said brexit means brexit. Stop chatting shit

>if the prime minister says it on their first day in office, it'll definitely happen
>what is a u-turn?
>what is an omnishambles?

Technically yes, but the UK will sign a new treaty binding them to the EU even more tightly, and it will specifically require a 75% supermajority by referenda to withdraw.

Yes, but probably sort-of not.

>what a mess bla bla bla I'm a retard

>prime minister resigning in disgrace
>leadership battle within Conservative party
>complete cabinet reshuffle
>coup attempt in Labour party followed by ongoing leadership battle
>potential general election
>economy either doing okay or completely down the shitter depending on who you ask

No, everything is fine. Just business as usual.

Forgot to mention

>turns out that there was no actual post-Brexit plan
>that was something that the Remainers were meant to sort out, not the Leavers, apparently

>Is the UK actually going to leave the EU?
Yes.

lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2016/06/29/97001-20160629FILWWW00002-cameron-le-royaume-uni-va-quitter-l8217union-europeenne.php
Cameron: the UK will leave the EU.

independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-what-is-eu-referendum-petition-david-cameron-a7105596.html
Cameron: A second referendum is out of the question

yougov.co.uk/news/2016/06/29/little-support-second-referendum/
2/3 of the UK opposes a second referendum, even if it would mean an independent Scotland.

The Brexit WILL happen. The question is when. Theresa May said that she doesn't even want to begin triggering the Brexit procedure in 2016. That means it will most likely start in 2017, meaning Brexit won't be finalized until 2019. By the time it happens, her term is probably already complete and she'll be entirely free of blame (or at least the consequences) for Brexit.

At this point it cannot be reversed, that'd be political suicide.

Then I want a civil war. I ain't putting up with another evil shit like cromwell.

YES, but it may stay in the EEA

And then get some other goodies

And then say "if the EU reform, we may join again in 2026"

And then vote again in 2025 and join again in 2026

It's like getting separated, but not divorced, and realizing that fucking negroes for a while isn't all that, so you end up back together with your white, somewhat stuck up, but still lovable husband to grow old with.

I doubt that they'll go back. Hollande and Juncker alike emphasized that Brexit will be permanent, and if even one country opposes Britain's re-entry it's blocked.

They'll probably get the Norway treatment, which the Leave camp depicted as the optimal treatment when in fact it's a horribly shitty deal. In the eyes of Leave it's all the goodies of the EU without any of the obligations, but in reality it means being obliged to conform to the EU's market without having a say in it and not getting many benefits, such as mutual acceptance of national norms (see: Casis de Dijon).

Yes

Leave campaign was not a government. It's the government's job to plan for the future and Cameron's government failed that when he stopped the civil service drawing up an exit plan. Useless shit.

Can you repeat the question?

>Hollande
Gone by may 2017. Dead man.

>it's not my job to plan for what I want to happen

I was speaking to a corbynite remainer who I hadn't spoken to since before the referendum earlier this week.

He said he's a brexiteer now, it's done nothing bad to harm his stock portfolio and all the project fear seems like bullshit from his point of view now. He thinks another referendum would bring out further leave vote.

I think in all honesty the youth vote would get us a marginal remain result if the referendum was run again right now.
Remain was complacent in it's victory before they won't spend the evening down the pub celebrating their victory without voting for it this time.

PS and LR are one and the same, and FN has no chances of winning the election. You'll be stuck with Hollande 2.0 by then.

You're not the boss of me now!

So were Gisela Stuart, Boris and Nigel Farage meant to plan for their Labour-Tory-UKIP coalition government or something?
Cameron explicitly stopped civil servants from planning for a leave result.

Yes.

Yes. They all were willing to work together on the Leave campaign. They could at the very least, come together and drawn up what was supposed to happen next that they can take to the government and work with them in comparison to their (the governments) plan. Or offer to put directly in place when it comes out there is no government plans.

But that would imply that the Leave bigwigs ever thought theyd win or even actually wanted to.

>Corbynite
>voting based on his stock portfolio
>supporting the very thing that fucked up his stocks

Seems about right actually.

You're very right, timing will massively affect the results. Soon? Yeah, all the pissed off politically active students will come out in droves to support it. A couple of years, when they all get jobs, and become busy, uncaring "normal" voters? Less so

>take to the government and work with them
Yeah because a tory government gives a flying fuck about Labour MPs or Farage.

the whole concept the government should plan the economy is totally retarded anyway. straight up economic illiteracy

And it seems that Liam Fox/David Davis do have plan anyway. They just need time to get in trade negotiators and new civil servants since the Cameron government made no plans whatsoever, and the UK hasn't negotiated a trade deal in 43 years.

Anyone who thinks we aren't is SORELY, SORELY mistaken

>conveniently missing out Boris

In the wake of the referendum result and in the face of being the people with no plan, versus people with a plan, and big chunk of your own party being on those peoples side?

Yeah actually they probably would.

You are not the boss of me now

>What is a resurgence of the Right wing, mainly UKIP if Brexit doesn't happen.

May would be fucking stupid to even think about dodging brexit.

Its happening sonny Jim, you'll get over it one day.

>People on Twitter claimed to have voted Leave and were, the very hour their side won, pretending to be remorseful and wanting to support Remain
>Actually believing this

I get why the media would use it to push a narrative, but actually falling for it is something else entirely. The post-vote polls didn't back it up at all either, yet the meme still persists.

This. This is why "we won't actually leave" morons are so stupid

No as it's utter suicide. If the UK does do it then they will lose Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Which is not a bad thing to be honest.

Lol lefty cuck

Enjoy Tyrone's BBC penetrating your buttcheeks bro

What? Scotland and Northern Ireland are useless and you are calling me a lefty?

You did not even try to refute my statement.

Nigga you don't even know what refute means, it means to prove wrong (in its proper technical sense)

You're a lefty cuck because you're a pathetic Remainer

Enjoy your boyfriend pegging you bro

Still using ad hominem so you have no point. All you showing me is how mad you are. Do you have a house? Do you even have a job?

The UK is in shambles and all the Leave and Remain politicians are shitting themselves over the result.

Like it or not, it's Happening.