What the FUCK did I just watch?

What the FUCK did I just watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tUzy-xPf0MI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1 hour of garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=tUzy-xPf0MI

>inb4 its simple really

The people that made this dont even know what the fuck it was about, absolute confusing boring garbage

Fun timetravel mechanic placed in a boring as fuck movie

You are like a baby watch this.

>google 'primer explanation'
>it's always a 20 min/500 word explanation on how the time machine works

I got that part you fucking idiots, I want someone to explain to me what happened near the ending

it is garbage
stop wasting your time I could shit a movie better than this

also garbage

A shitty version of Jumper

>loved Primer
>never finished Upstream Colour cause I always get bored halfway through

Whoops meant to write Looper

This was one of the most boring movies I've ever seen.

the time travel was the pleb plot, the real plot was about the main characters masculinity and needed to prove himself

The explanation is impossible because of a simple fact.
They don't know what causes the Thomas Granger incident.
It's the missing piece of the puzzle that connects everything. Like the characters you're trying to piece together a broken mess without having all the information. In the end you're given the option of either moving on like Aaron, or breaking your head over it like Abe.

>"From this they deduced that the problem was recursive, but beyond that found themselves admitting, against their own nature, that the answer was unknowable."
>"The question should have been what to do with the comatose man in the guest bedroom. But in Abe's mind he was already compiling the list."

>reading in too far

P U R E K I N O
If you didn't get it, you're fucking retarded.

>it's always a 20 min/500 word explanation on how the time machine works

This. I knew about the time machine and how it worked before watching the movie and thought that the rest would be easily understood, but I was lost on the entire second half of the movie

It was confusing indeed and I'm still not sure if it's actually garbage... But I didn't find it boring at all. I thought there was a subtle undercurrent of pantshitting dread throughout the whole thing that kept me on edge

I will check this out, thanks

This movie was pretty dope then again I watched on two tabs of acid

I absolutely loved it.
I'm not surprised Sup Forums hates it because it's an absolute marvel of cinematography to me.

stop pretending to like garbage

you don't even know what cinematography means

lots of bad dialogue and poor cinematography

Reminder that Carruth is a hack.

Aaron’s sole ambition for using the time-machine was to bravely disarm a gunman and save a woman’s life, a moment of Alpha male adulation for enacting our highest social priority- saving a woman, and more impressively, risking his life to do so.
Aaron’s highest priority isn’t wealth or comfort, or even sex, it’s the rush of possessing an authentic masculine identity and the social respect which comes as part of the package.

This is a lot more interesting than the time-travel plot by far

Wew lad I'd be insulted if I didn't know about Sup Forums's unanimously shit taste.

Yep, this user knows what's up, although that's only part of the story.
Abe's lack of confidence in himself is what causes him to be stuck with the looping.
>"Tell you what why don't you take Kara and Lauren and put them in the box? And then you and Aaron can each keep a set and you'll both have families and you can stop feeding off of it."

pleb filter, anyone that needs a seconds viewing to understand it is fucking slow in the head

anyone who wants to watch this a second time is the real pleb

Movie sucked get over it

Upstream color is just one of those movies that when it ends you're like damn I wish I could clear my memory of it and watch it again

This
>Aaron begins the Primer timeline as a highly-intelligent engineer with a family, ends up acquiring the power of a God, and is still most drawn to the good-feelings associated with having a masculine-identity.
>When everything becomes available to Aaron, he gravitates toward developing this identity in favor of infinite wealth or women.

>However, Aaron’s self-image as man has become so diminished that his deepest desire- this revealed inadequacy- is the public recognition of masculinity, and chasing this wish tears Aaron’s life apart.

Primer is not about time-travel

dude drugs lmao xd

A decent movie ruined by shitty audio

Read this and watch again. It'll make sense.

It's the Redditors that are squatting here that don't like it. Years ago, Primer was constantly praised on Sup Forums.

>dat engrish

This. It's really impressive compared to most low budget indie movies.

A shitty attempt at a plot

Most people with any appreciation for these kinds of movies left Sup Forums when it became 90% littered with capeshit, got and star wars threads

it never was
stop fucking pretending
first you start pretending that you like a movie to look smart for internet people
then you pretend that said internet people liked it in the past

stop fucking pretending.

I think the fact this movie still garners so fucking much actual discussion and debate on Sup Forums of all places, serves to prove that it isn't a piece of shit

there is no dicussion, there are people calling it shit

There's discussion about the plot in this very thread. Learn to read autismo.

Stop pretending that you have been here long at all.

Absolutely goat

how big of a virgin to you need to be to write this?

And what may I ask is so bad about Acid? it barely rates as a hallucinogen if you've ever taken magic mushrooms or DMT.

Well. there's a lot of discussion over this film because there's nothing going for it other than the convoluted plot that designed to confuse and hoodwink the viewer. This, however, is not the nature of good storytelling or filmmaking.
There's no artistic merit to this film other than its appeal to our innate urge to untangle a puzzle. And that's what the film is at the end of the day: a puzzle, nothing more.

after watching the movie, watch 'that london girl' youtube explanation of primer (animated)
you'll understand it.

You are new

babie formed first movie puzzle

watch a tale of two sisters next

look, i think you're kinda projecting your meaning of good story telling is. i mean there are so many different kinds of stories: character, plot, spectacle, etc. not every story has to function in the same way. the movie could have been only meant to be a puzzle(can't speak accurately, haven't seen movie in long time. kinda boring :/) but that doesn't make it a bad movie. if the movie is meant to be a puzzle then the intended effect isn't what a character drama would do. it's meant to be unraveled and that alone is totally fine. it's not like deciphering this movie is a waste of time. i'm sure it exercises a lot of analytical thinking, research gathering abilities, and requires you to discuss the movie with other people which engages a lot of positive and actively engaged thinking.

tldr you can't really talk about it being a puzzle as if all puddles were mainstream trash.