Remember this episode of Batman The Animated Series?

Remember this episode of Batman The Animated Series?

>Clayface is dying
>He finds a cure a needs a chemical to cure him and turn him back to normal
>he steals the chemical from Wayne Industries
>it is working hes almost cured
>batman shows up and shuts shit down stopping the cure
>clayface falls in a river and dies

What gives

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0qXyRETjy-Q
antagonist.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Reformed_Villains
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Batman is a psychopath and a hypocrite

Batman is not stable this is known. Bruce can't help it he's just a big rich retard :^《

This always really confused me as well

Name me a popular DC hero that isn't

Plasticman

Batman offered to cure him for free and he turned it down. Clayface wanted to have even greater control over his abilities and he was stealing expensive crap to do it.

It's been a while since I've seen it. Did Batman know at any point that Clayface was dying and trying to cure himself, and was it actually mentioned that the cure would turn him back into a normal human and not just give him the control needed to look like his old self while still letting him run around as a shape-shifting super criminal?

>Batman: Hagen! I offered to help you become human again! The offer still stands.
>Clayface: I don't need your help, Batman!
>Batman: Have it your way.

>Batman: It seems that Clayface is losing his integrity.
>Alfred: I wasn't aware he had any to begin with

>Stella: A new isotope... MP-40. An experimental mutagenic adaptogen. I believe it can restore, even increase your powers, perhaps permanently, you can become Matt Hagen again forever. .

>it's a Heroes act like cunts episode
Remember that Mala episode from Superman The Animated Series?
>Villain in name only Kryptonian woman is released from Phantom Zone
>Genuinely tries to be a good Superwoman
>Has a few minor fuckups, so Superman immediately starts thinking of sending her to the Phantom Zone
>Lois Lane, in all this, is being a cunt for no reason
>Mala goes full villain to make it seem like Superman was at all in the right.

DCAU had some really inconsistent writing sometimes.

That was a series of misunderstandings. Mala thought Superman was a benevolent dictator because she couldn't comprehend selfless heroism, then flipped out when he made it clear he wanted to be with the jealous bitch over her.

She was just playing along with Superman to get on his good side. She didn't actually believe in anything Superman was selling because she was legitimately evil deep down. Superman could tell and was worried. He knew the kind of damage she could do if she was left on Earth alone. Better safe than sorry.

Clayface didn't die.

He come back in Justice League.

>it's an "if you kill you'll become like them" episode

Plasticman

New Batman Adventures. They brought him back with bullshit pollution and made the dead person you're supposed to feel sorry for Clayface-Annie.

i think there was a bit of ego in it. clayface FOOLED him, and after he had set up one of his most brilliant plots ever (how the fuck does a normal guy stop a superhuman shapeshifter? fry his brain with a bunch of psychological shit blasted out of a million TVs)
he didnt know what to do in this scenario, but he knew never to trust hagen ever again

honestly i think it's a little of all of that. she could have adapted, even learned to be good over time, but the classic 'overheard conversation overreaction' trope raises its head and now chrissy wants to move out and jack doesn't know why

That episode was the biggest Strawman ever. It didn't help that the Justice Lords even had better costumes.

what? that's not the negative flash brainiac created.
SS aquaman is amusing though. i've been trying to think of fish-themed nazi puns lately and it's hard.

Oh he's a psychopath, he's just a silly, benevolent one. Plus, he's a reformed thief.

But that's not Justice Lord Flash

neither is that

no, the strawman was the whole plot afterwards where the gubmint doesnt trust them for no fucking reason

Why are the Justice Lords costumes so based?
>Short Hair Wondy
>J'onn with a shirt on

He said popular

Batman's Justice Lord costume was pretty awful

Yes it is. Brainiac recreated the Justice Lords.

But none of them knew what Justice Lord Flash looked like, so Lex just winged it

Also

Wasn't Justice Lord Flash dead?

Yes

Exactly. So when Luthor/Braniac made fake Justice Lords to taunt the League in their final battle he just made up his own Flash. Did Reverse Flash ever show up anyway? What there a statue of him in the Museum episode?

BTAS was bad with it's villains.

If they had good premier episodes, their following episodes would suck dick.

Yet Justice Lord Flash got merchandise. It's canon

*Yet Luthors Justice Lord Flash got merchandise

>WB doesn't have the commission for a Japanese studio anymore
>resort to giving Clayface a generic human form

>It's canon
Like Air Assault Batman and Pirate Joker?

Flash dying is what made them in the first place.

Apparently, he's the idealistic voice of reason who would shoot down any suggestion of being more than just volunteer rescue workers.

I gotta say, the way Batman shut down their Batman was 10/10 though.

damn, those costumes were way better than those of JL

I fail to see how Superman is either of those. Also, Captain Marvel/Shazam.

You don't know what a strawman is, do you?

"Lex, why did you make Zoom?"

"No, that's Justice Lord Flash!"

"It looks like Zoom, Lex"

"MY GENIUS IS URIVALED SHUT UP"

seriously, you've known these people, who time and again sacrifice themselves to save people to just turn on you?

you don't believe that their giant space laser maybe was fired not on purpose at a random town? i mean, maybe if it was fired at the white house or something, but shit, cut them slack. its fucking supes for crying out loud!

Honestly, JL (and especially JLU) was super retarded in the way it handled the whole "don't kill Luthor no matter what" thing. I mean, I know it's a kids' show and all, but when a single person fucks shit up so many times it's painful while escaping the prison every time, this person should be put down.

Flash never got a Lords costume, he was dead before it happened. The RF costume is Lexiac being creative, but you'll notice it doesn't fit the patterns of the other Lord costumes at all.

>have a device that can drain power from superman, lantern, martian etc.
>never use it on gorilla, frost, and a shitton of other villains who killed shittons of people
capeshit, ladies and gents

>implying they're not canon

Luthor ended up saving the world though.

youtube.com/watch?v=0qXyRETjy-Q

That was a giant asspull.
>"only a level 12 intellect can comprehend the super important plot device equation!"

Well, yeah

Is that suppose to absolve him of his craziness and hypocrisy

The whole point was that it was fired in the first place and facing towards the earth.

Regardless of the fact that the league themselves didn't fire the laser, a random town got wrecked anyway. People died and the Justice League are the owners of the laser.

You can't say "Well, it was an accident. We got hacked by Lex or whoever" because that still doesn't help anything.

>It's fucking supes for crying out loud.

The dude's rep was in the shitter after the end of his solo series and then there were incidents like the one with Captain Marvel. That doesn't have the weight you think it is.

It's not their place to kill Luthor. That's up to the authorities. When the league becomes Judge, Jury, and Executioner, then shit gets bad. People become afraid and Cadmus gets proven right.

>have a gun in a safe
>bad guy steals it and murders people
>it's all gun owner's fault that he had a gun in the first place
liberal logic, ladies and gentlemen

Didn't Batman say that the doctor was a fraud and her cure wouldn't work?

What good is having a gun if you don't use it against someone who broke into your house

Flash dying is literally the only reason the Justice Lords exist
You are autistic and very stupid on top of your mental deficiency

sadly, the justice league couldnt use their own gun without it blowing up their house.

I imagine they would use it against Darkseid. The point about stealing the gun still stands though. Hell, military idiots are ready to use nukes against people at multiple occasions (and actually do that), but there's no arc about people being afraid of their military (well, maybe the one with general and Hulk superserum). Basically, people in power are already exploiting people in the series, but when JLords suddenly want to fix the Luthor problem for good (saving lives of people who were killed by Brainiac and Darkseid because of Luthor's fuckup) it leads to some fucked up slippery slope that turns Superman into Hitler.

Need I remind you that in the same series there's an arc about Vandal Savage (oh god, those names are fucking stupid) basically destroying the world while Superman is away in another time? All because JL decided not to throw him into the sun earlier.

The thing is, superhero stories stop being heroic when same superheroes make same mistakes over and over. They just start being silly and childish.

In a liberal society you wouldn't need guns because there would be no crime because people wouldn't have the need to rob other people.

>The point about stealing the gun still stands though
Does it?
If someone breaks into your house and steals the weapon that you bought to prevent people from breaking into your house, was it actually worth it?

If the JL had thrown Vandal Savage into the sun after Superman had been flung to the past, Superman wouldn't have been able to come back
I mean, super heroes should function outside of the law for the same reason there's a separation of powers in the government, but that doesn't mean super heroes should take the law into their own hands

uhh, you do realize that if they actually killed those idiot villains in the first place they wouldn't escape the prison and use that time-warping thing on superman, right? all villains in the serious always return to their activities no matter what. they don't change to become good people.

lol Do you really believe that? Sweden was the closest thing to a crime-free paradise but they fucked it up by becoming Atheist and allowing sand niggers to invade them. So much for liberal values.

Calyface isn't human so it's not really killing

It was cringeworthy when villain wanted revenge against the corrupt businessman or gangster who made him into a monster and Batman sided with the businessman/gangster because muh law, the system work, etc. Nevertheless, the businessman or gangster was free at the next episode

>they don't change to become good people
sometimes they do

name them

Off the top of my head
Plastic Man
Venom

Also
antagonist.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Reformed_Villains

There's probably more, but this is just a glance

>147 pages, and this is on general superhero/movie/book page
What a way to prove a point.

Besides, nobody is saying anything about shootin them at sight. Just shoot the serial offenders, like KILLER FROST who JUST LIKES TO KILL and DOES IT MULTIPLE TIMES.

Livewire
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Hawkeye
The Beetle

>talking about a DC series
>marvel characters

>asks for reformed villains and evidence that villains can sometimes turn good
>NO NO THOSE DON'T COUNT

I love that picture so much

I never said they don't count. Just try to defend not killing Killer Frost after she escaped the prison and killed people multiple times, please.

>>Batman: It seems that Clayface is losing his integrity.
>>Alfred: I wasn't aware he had any to begin with

That cheeky alfred

lol 100% retard. You're assuming everyone has the same level of desire and wants. All it takes is for one retard to covet what you have and theft is born.

You liberals are truly retarded if you think crime will ever not be a thing at humanity's current level of evolution.

>dat flash
Her costume makes a lot more sense now

He is just edgy. He keeps arguing that he wants superheroes to murder people and stop being so righteous (cuz killing is kewl!) so he saw that particular episode as a personal attack on his position.

who's chickflash and why is barda without her husband?

This happened with Mr. Freeze but Batman did make sure the guy who fucked over Victor faced justice.

Clayface and Harvey weren't so lucky

Oh fuck off, that episode was pure Slippery slope bullshit

I never noticed the whole band astetic the had going on their arms, legs and belt. Neat.

Also is that aquaman and flash justice lord outfit legit or fan made? either way they look cool.

>Question tries to kill Luthor but it's too late.

Case and point.

Then he's overqualified.

I've always thought this was Grodd looking through the window of one of Lex's passing limos but only now realize it's the scene where Lex kills him in space.

>If you don';t agree to me helping you I'm going to make it more difficult for you

Batman confirmed for mobster.

There's a difference between a simple gun that almost anyone could have and a huge as fuck space laser that you're the known owner of that nobody else owns

what series was the one in that Supes actually killed Luthor? that was one hell of a good episode

Crisis on two earths movie.

And Justice League had a Justice Lords episode.

you'll say this to anyone that isn't superman or batman

Given that Supes offed crazy President Lex Luthor when his finger was right on the nuke em all button, after being pushed to the emotional limit, I think it's more than forgivable.

No clue, also that's not Barda but I'm pretty sure it's Wonder Woman's daughter. Also that future-Atom's costume looks pretty fresh.

In the Justice Lords episode the Flash getting killed is what sets the rest of the Justice League on Luthor and becoming the Lords. That construct that Braniac/Luthor made was there to a) give Flash someone to fight in the copycat fight, and b) be a bit of an easter egg for flash fans since thats the same costume Reverse Flash wears sans eye color.

Now I'm imagining petty stalker Grodd harassing Lex. Just trying to blend into the crown in a trenchcoat and hat.

That entire sequence was fucking great. The Question agonized over all the possibilities and inevitably came to the only rational conclusion one with the information he possessed could: Luthor HAD to die in order for that horrible future to never come to pass. He was willing to sacrifice his integrity and do what no hero in the Justice League would ever condone, let alone do themselves: assassinate a public figure in order to save the world.

Some heavy fucking stuff.

post Injustice Plas. You know the scene.

Just rewatched JL, and was amazed how many sexual innuendos were there.

>-...you need to be fast for that
>-Fastest man alive, baby!
>-Maybe that's why you can't find a date.

Plastic Man
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Venom
Harley Quinn (sorta, in her solo book)
Catwoman
Poison Ivy (while on the Birds of Prey)
Doc Ock (Superior Spider-Man)
Teenage Abomination
The Riddler (during Gotham Sirens)
Magneto (for a time)
Namor