From literally who heroes to arguably more popular than Batman/Superman

>from literally who heroes to arguably more popular than Batman/Superman

how did Marvel do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y63i2NR9-LE
youtube.com/watch?v=PlALop8q9RY
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 12-m&q=iron man,batman,superman,captain america
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 12-m&q=iron man,batman,superman,captain america,harley quinn
youtube.com/watch?v=xNgc0UybvGA
youtube.com/watch?v=piUE2vEAoCw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Having a shit ton of money and making sure no matter where you are, what channel you watch, or what site you browse, you WILL know about these characters and movies.

not hiring Snyder

By making them more funthan Batman/Superman

insanely good casting

>mfw the mouse always wins

they treat every movie like it's a standalone with respect to the source material and have good writers and god tier casting

i mean look at fucking BvS. we get the debut of flash in a shitty h246 video

that is fucking unacceptable. we're getting a JL movie with NO green lantern. joker & harley were walking hot topic and gal gadot is such a shit actress they made all the supporting amazonians speak with her shitty israeli accent to cover it up. it's not even snyder's fault as much as it's the suits at the top.

i can't believe i'm saying it but i'm more hyped for thor 3 in 2017 than a justice league movie and that's really sad for DC which i do love as a company

It was refreshing after Spider-Man/Batman being shoved down our throats for years

By making comic book movies RIGHT. They're supposed to be fun and light-hearted, not edgy and grimdark.

Disney knows the formula to print money.

not true, the mouse definitely kicks the marketing into overdrive, but pre-disney marvel studios were still making hits

iron man was their first movie and hype right out the gate with the comic-con footage. you could tell immediately they had lightning in a bottle with RDJ as stark

WB is wasting henry cavill who has been a fan favorite casting since singer's superman returns

This.

Warner Bros is out of touch with everything film wise while DC does a good job with comics. Meanwhile, Marvel churns out mostly great movies while their comics have become drivel that lost touch with their audience.

Snyder needs to be eradicated. Mel fucking Gibson could make better DC movies than he could

marvel's comics went to shit after quesada left to help do the media stuff. he was the perfect editor-in-chief who understood the balance between the nerds and the normies

Superman is from a bygone era and has all the relevance of Mickey Mouse. Notice how Disney ditched the Mickey character because he isn't relevant anymore?

I don't recall Cap in my early life, but I did see Iron Man in some cartoon in the 90s I think. Maybe in Spiderman or X-Men I'm not sure. I fleetingly thought he was cool.

>captain american
>literally who

Marvel has good CGI and fun movies.
DC has bad CGI and deep movies that aren't really deep.

Nolan and copycats were trying to make everything dark and realistic after TDK, while Marvel basically said "fuck that" and did their own thing and audiences liked it.

they took their time

that' s not fair to snyder, as mel is a better director than 95% of all director's working today

WB/DC's problem is at the top. they do everything by suit/committee

they NEED a feige. ONE guy, (has to be the right guy of course) but one guy needs to have full power and autonomy

but WB saw how successful marvel has been and wanted to copy it with none of the soul. they all want to get the glory without working for it and certainly not giving up the power

they should've done a superman, batfleck, ww, flash, gl, THEN JLA movie, instead they saw that avengers money and tried to force it and their entire universe is fucked and have wasted casting

the problem with your analysis is that normies cheered during that awful mini-trailer sequence in BvS

>comics division
>how can we capitalize on this?
>replace Tony with a kid nigga girl and turn Captain America into a nazi!
How did they do it, indeed

>respect to the source material
tip fucking top kek

This might be true now but no way in hell will this last, batman/superman are ingrained in pop culture and have been for a very long time.

A few bad marvel movies or actor replacements and they will be ditched

Why does Marvel get a pass when it comes to this kind of thing? They can change every single aspect of a character and Marvel fans still act like Marvel is reverently translating their greatest stories onto the big screen.

>arguably

??????

Civil War made more money than BvS. That's tangible proof that they are more popular. There's nothing "arguable" about it.

>Notice how Disney ditched the Mickey character because he isn't relevant anymore?
they just made new shorts with Mickey, The Donald and Goofy like a year ago. however his personality was changed into something wackier

making good movies

>Literally who
Maybe if you're retarded. Each of them had at least one cartoon and the Avengers has always been one of marvel's premiere teams everyone would of been familiar with if they knew about Spider-Man or the X-Men.

I could understand that if some of the best comics Superman has ever been in hadn't been released less than 15 years ago.

No one outside of Sup Forumsmblr ever cared about Ironman before Robert Downey Jr. played him. The Marvel big 3 for normies before MCU was Spiderman, Wolverine, and Hulk.

Because when Marvel does it, it is for the betterment of the story, whereas when Warner Brothers does it it is because they are clueless.

He wasn't world famous but many people remember this youtube.com/watch?v=Y63i2NR9-LE

I used to watch Spiderman and X men as a kid and never heard of the avengers.

In fact, before DC disappointing me with terrible movies I didnt even know there was a difference between DC and Marvel.

also I AM I R O N M A N

Iron Man and TDK were made at the same time though

Sounds like you were just a turbo casual. The Avengers even appeared on Spider-Man TAS when they adapted Secret Wars.
youtube.com/watch?v=PlALop8q9RY

My favorite X-Men was always Gambit. But nobody seems to give a flying fuck about him.

I dont think it was aired here.

But most of the people who go to marvel movies arent even casual comic book readers or watched any of the tv series. They just know them from appearance.

I recently went to see Star Wars with a guy and he kept asking which one Luke Skywalker was.

>Sounds like you were just a turbo casual
that's the point. most people are turbo casual when it comes to a comic book. all they know is Superman Batman Spiderman X-men. all Avenger were Literally Who back then.

avengers were always marvel's b-team compared to the success of x-men

they were supposed to be the JLA of the marvel universe, the "all-star" team mind you, but x-men were just popular after storm, wolverine, colossus, nightcrawler lineup joined

90s comics boom/cartoon/video games blew them up even more

WB wasted all that bruce timm/paul dini credit. 25 years of telling amazing kino DC stories, and they blew it. i will forever be mad

that picture makes me happy

>No way it will last.
>This has been said for over 9 movies now.

Spiderman is still Marvel's biggest character by a huge margin. I believe he's only underneath Batman for the most merchandised superhero.

Ironman was made when they were a small nobody studio making a huge gamble.

>betterment

Spider-Man is literally and unironically the only decent character ever created at Marvel comics

>bbbbut my wolverine
*cringe*

You don't get it. Back before 2008, if you said Spider-man, Superman or Batman to ANYONE, not just comic book/superhero fans, chances are they would know who they were. Ironman and to some degree Captain America didn't even cross a lot of peoples radars.

Because Iron Man producers read 2009 film audiences like a book.

>mostly against the war in the Middle East
>Pro-soldier
>anti-military industrial complex
>patriotic without being culty
>a character men want to be
>a character women want to be with
>smart writing without being full of itself
>liberals loved the anti-war message
>conservatives loved the rugged individualism message

I don't think any other cape movie absolutely NAILED it's audience like Iron Man did.

This is the only correct answer (except for some of the side characters and villains, and arguably BW). No other actors in the industry deserve their salary as much as the Marvel cast. The stories suck, the action is sloppy and poorly edited, the CGI is worse than Indian tier but somehow the cast makes it all work.

>Implying

> Marvel
> DC

Those aren't things. It's Disney vs Time Warner. Two mega corporations with Disney being the one that's far more powerful

I remember that cartoon. It was awful. Stark was a depressed drunk. I'm glad the movies didn't go that way.

shitty swamp thing

people don't care about comics.
So basically a character being unpopular in comics makes no difference when making a movie about them.

Vintage meme, my friend.

>Ironman/cap
>who heros

Fucking wut?

>literally who

Everyone knew Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and the arrow guy from The Avengers.

When Captain America died during the Civil War comic run the late show with David Letterman held up his fucking sheild and said rest in peace while the crowd went all sad. Cap dying was everywhere. Thats before all the MCU shit took off.

I'll give you IronMan that motherfucker is popular as fuck now.

Iron Man was great and it kickstarted everything. Incredible Hulk, which came out the same year and had a far more popular character, underwhelmed audiences and critics alike.

Iron Man had an awesome suit, cool action, a likable main character, and tons of fun scenes and dialogue. General audiences couldn't care less about any Marvel heroes who are not named Spider-Man or not in the X-Men, but Marvel turned it all around with one movie.

DC, on the other hand, had the two biggest superheroes ever in the same movie, and couldn't even break the billion dollar mark.

>disagrees with me
cringe
>likes a character that I don't like
da cringe
>inhales oxygen so the body can perform cellular respiration creating adenosine triphosphate nucleotides
CRINGE

the real twist is less than that. all you need to realize was marvel just changed vietnam to afghanistan

>mostly against the war in SE Asia
>Pro-soldier
>anti-military industrial complex
>patriotic without being culty
>a character men want to be
>a character women want to be with
>smart writing without being full of itself
>liberals loved the anti-war message
>conservatives loved the rugged individualism message

stark was always about himself first. truly a great character

Front and centre I mean. Maybe DC needs to find a character reflective of the times and drop Superman because their best attempts at him clearly ain't working... again.

>Spiderman is still Marvel's biggest character by a huge margin. I believe he's only underneath Batman for the most merchandised superhero.

Spiderman vastly outsells batman worldwide.

I think it's more that Marvel figured out a good way of introducing Superheroes with their origin stories.

They found that every movie involving an origin story works best by fleshing out the hero, which is more easily done by having a villain who acts like their mirror opposite. Because the villain acts as a mirror they don't have to spend much time on them and can instead focus everything on developing the hero with the result being a fun ride along with people going on some fantastical journey.

>Ironman and Captain America
>literally who
Maybe Ironman didn't have much recognition before this, but Captain America was already a legend. The only reason he didn't get a lot of films more recently is because his costume would never succeed in live action, the new costume made it pretty easy to popularize him even more.

I'm more curious as to how someone could possibly fuck up a Batman V Superman movie and make it not fun, interesting or entertaining at all.

By spending billions on marketing

>>from literally who heroes to arguably more popular than Batman/Superman
Not even fucking close my friend
>trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 12-m&q=iron man,batman,superman,captain america
Fuck even Harley Quinn is more popular than Cap

Its even funnier that the video games had better plots that the movie.

I still don't like cap though

>even Harley

You mean the currently most popular DC character after Batman?

DC aren't clueless. They make good cartoons. They know how to do storytelling that works for their IPs. But they've just bungled their cinematic universe in a horrifyingly fantastic way.

Still behind Supe but getting there
>trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 12-m&q=iron man,batman,superman,captain america,harley quinn
All three more popular than cap and iron man of course

Not if they keep it up.

DC are killing Batman and Superman with these movies. People will soon associate those characters with the current movies, rather than the older ones.

Meanwhile Marvel makes their worthless characters that nobody has heard of into blockbusters.

test

The way you win is buy getting them early

This shit was always on when i got home from school

>youtube.com/watch?v=xNgc0UybvGA
as well as
>youtube.com/watch?v=piUE2vEAoCw
and there wasnt any DC shit that i saw

I mean i liked both shows and i like MCU so i guess it worked.

>dat cultural dominance
Based, although I think this is more an US/Europe thing. Marvel movies always perform better in the third world and China

Nigga in 2 years we will have had a decade of Marvel movies. They are making a Black Panther movie. Black fucking Panther. That's how well off Marvel is right now, that a Black Panther movie is not only something they can seriously consider, but will probably make bank on due to his generally well received debut in that Captain America movie. Hell, I actually want to see it cause I thought he was cool. If you had told me in 2009 that I would be excited to see a Black Panther movie I wouldn't have believed it.

At this point Marvel would have to actively try to sabotage their success. Like a bunch of the execs get together and start betting how shitty they can go before people bail on their franchise.

marvels comics are currently more interesting than blandbirth

You're asking for America #1 to be storytimed here and you know you don't want that, shill

DC has various comics just as bad as America #1 you cretin

>muh Mouse

Explain this disaster idiots.

Last warning, consider this mercy

>Captain America
>literally who

He wasn't on the level of Batman/Superman but he was never unheard of.

Iron Man was never super popular but he wasn't unheard of either, he was just more known for ensemble comics than by himself.

>normies cheered during that awful mini-trailer sequence in BvS

Those were not normies. Those were autistic DC ultra fans.

Normies hated BvS.

oh no! a work of entertainment made by an immature leftist who puts in thinly veiled sociopolitics!! how will i cope!! nobody has ever published a comic like this before, certainly not DC!!

iron man was way more well known than captain america

The funny thing is Avengers 2 are arguable the worst movie in the series.

If that wasn't enough to kill MCU nothing will for a long time.

Iron Man was never more well known than Captain America. I'm not even American and I know this. Captain America was seen as a bit antiquated but still very relevant in both the comics world and as a cultural figure.

Iron Man was largely unheard of by regular people and in the comics world he was more known for being part of groups like the Avengers and for events like Civil War than he was for his own shit.

Rebirth is crushing marlel in comics so bad that marlel is going to pull a half assed Rebirth in a few months

It's cause people love the characters now. Even if Avenger's 2 was undeniably subpar it still makes money hand over fist because nobody who likes these movies is going to miss seeing all their favorite characters together in one big adventure.

It's pretty funny how everyone thinks that Batman and Superman are so super famous worldwide while they make less money than a lot of popular anime.

thats not true at all. captain america was a comic book character known by people who liked comics whereas iron man was in about 4 cartoons or something and had his own show

yeah i know and hopefully its not as fucking boring as blandbirth

>Batman
>Superman
>Spiderman

Anyone else is literally who. Maybe except Hulk and Wolverine.

they didnt user. stop talking out your ass

Everybody knows Iron Man or Thor now.

The popularity game was always DC's to lose.

Marvel's done a competent job but they couldn't compete against a DC/WB that knew what it was doing. Unfortunately it no longer does.