The show that could of been the GOAT

i honestly think it would of surpassed The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad if given more time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VbYDNxaK3W4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm rewatching it now, on season 3. I'm going to be so bummed when I finish it again. It's amazing to think that the movie is still a possibility

agreed, i honestly think it was too far ahead of its time

Agreed. Film is closer than ever to happening, maybe can be something great.

Was the writing of Deadwood really that superior to the Wire?

But it did surpass Breaking Bad, even by its first season imo. Breaking Bad was fine, Cranston elevated it to great at fleeting moments, but Deadwood's in another ballpark of a number of interesting characters and performances, and exquisite writing.

the first season is the only good season. season 2 and 3 are hot garbage.

do you have it above the Sopranos and The Wire?

I'm probably on an island with this, but I really enjoyed the series finale and the last moments with Al are some of the best I've ever seen in tv/film.

The dialogue absolutely was. Greatest dialogue ever put on television.

Deadwood was at least as good as The Sopranos and The Wire, it's a step behind those shows solely because it didn't last as long. Two more years and it's solidly in GOAT territory

youtube.com/watch?v=VbYDNxaK3W4

>could of

Wholly different, but i'd say close to equal. Deadwood's monologues and soliloquies and stuff were beautiful, the themes of the degrading mythic west and start of a US town/democracy as such, but the Wire's interwoven plotting was really impressive, and insight into the 'drug war' from all angles.

Along w/ Mad Men and the Sopranos i'd say they're the GOAT. Especially as far as writing.

fucking hoopleheads

and breaking bad of course

My favorite exchance in the entire series was between Farnum and Calamity.

>Be brief.
>BE FUCKED!

Could have

>it's a Calamity Jane episode

Honestly Breaking Bad has no fucking business being mentioned in the same breath as Deadwood, The Sopranos, The Wire or Mad Men. It's a great show but it's simply not of the same quality

it did, though.

Farnum has some of the best lines in the whole show

>I imagine the pool that spawned you. I am filling it with rocks

THIS

BB was annoyingly overrated and overhyped

>Greatest dialogue ever put on television.
I think you're getting it mixed up with Justified, user.

>Its a Hearst sons Tolliver episode

to be honest, deadwood was way too edgy for my taste.

Deadwood was good but it got worse every season.

>surpassed the wire and breaking bad
but user it already had after its first episode. The wire is boring shit and breaking bad is just crappola

Is that movie still happening?

>love ian mcshane
>love westerns
>couldnt watch for more then 5 mins

should i give another chance?

1a and 1b my man

obviously yes, it's one of the finest things ever made in the English language

You love McShane and westerns, but couldn't give a western with McShane more than five minutes? Something isn't adding up here.

>its a Swearengen scene

>never seen anyone mention the Hatfields& McCoys miniseries

its based as fuck, don't know why it didn't get more attention

its no deadwood, but its brilliant for what it is and pretty much the closest thing we'll get to more deadwood

>>love ian mcshane
>>love westerns
>>couldnt watch for more then 5 mins

wtf