Shill Trek: Beyond

So I went to see this movie last night. And here's what I have came up with in regards to the film

>gay sulu wasn't as forced as I thought it was. It shows up for a total of 20 seconds in the film
>the real propaganda was the typical stronk womyn bullshit
>alien lady saves Scottie from his alien captors and asks him what the badge on his shirt was for, he then explains it means he's in star fleet and he's an engineer
>Scottie then begins to explain what engineering is to the alien lady, but then she says she knows what it is because "muh female engineer"
>alien lady is basically secondary protag of film and pulls of typical stronk womyn shit

Other than that I couldn't find anything else with the film. What do other Sup Forumsacks think?

Dead franchise, won't get a penny from me.

The first movie was awesome because of muh nostalgia.

But they already fucked the franchise by the second film, when Khan created a teleport device that could leap through the galaxy.

THat alone should be enough to make the use of spacecraft obsolete overnight.

Why take a starship if you can teleport to the place you want in an instant???

Also lens flares.
Lens flares every fucking where.

sure all those things i can handle, but what i do not understand is
why the hell would anyone build a space station and have only ONE climate regulator???
thats seriously messed up, what happens when there is a malfunction? why route that much power to one single location instead of having multiple?
star cuck is a dead franchise and has been dead since wrath of khan

Captain Janeway is my favorite captain

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH! DEEP SPACE 9!

I thought it was easily the best of the 3

only thing that pissed me off is when they tried to go to warp with the deflector dish all smashed to fuck

that would have killed everyone onboard if they had been able to actually do it since the deflector dish creates a sort of bowshock to repel any tiny grains of space dust that would otherwise rip through the ship and kill people

Still was stupid that Sulu was gay after GEORGE FUCKING TAKEI said that it would be disrespectful to the character he had basically breathed life into as his life's work but I'm glad it was such a brief thing that if you dropped your phone at the right moment and bent down to get it, you would have missed it.

Dubs of truth. Janeway confirmed as best captain ever.

>"muh female engineer"
And you know, 10-15 odd years of fixing a Space Ship and setting up holocloaks.

Worst part of the film was the doomsday weapon was lackluster as shit. It could barely kill a single person in over a minute and didn't even seem to be expanding beyond uncomfortable fart range.

Also the fact they shot out the fucking viewport on the BRIDGE of an interstellar SPACE SHIP with 2 shots from a random pistol.

Not like that should be thick or resistant to impact given it is the only thing keeping space death from the command center of the entire vessel.

yeah but it was a really big climate regulator

and you're a fag for not liking TNG/DS9

well good for you guys, cause I have it on a pretty good authority the Captain in Star Trek Discovery is gonna also be a wimmens

It was the size of a quaint condo.

Also how does that regulate the flow of air to the equivalent of a Death Star and not have so much pressure flowing through it that it didn't vaporize them the moment they stepped inside?

There were so many lazy asspulls in this film. I like star trek and know it is famous for asspulls but this was pathetically stupid in so many places.

I literally can't watch Voyager because of her, her voice is horrible

Lel, that's another ruined movie then.

>tried to go to warp with the deflector dish all smashed to fuck
This alone makes me not want to see it. Who the fuck signs off on this shit? Would the masses really not watch a Star Trek movie that makes any goddamn sense?

>woman who lived on a starship her whole life knows what "engineer" means
>SHILL SHILL STRONK WOMYN FEMINIST PROPAGANDA REEEEEE IT'S THE JEWS

I love you people.

you are talking about an organization that makes it regulation to have secondary backups for damn near everything....(which is canon ds9)
but it only has one life support system? is that what that movie is saying?

How do you feel knowing that, that voice now accompanies this face?

her decisions were too "by the book" and it always worked out because of it. every time. it pissed me off. she made no real judgement calls, always prime directive says...

Never watched that show either

Yeah there were a few times when she could of gotten them home super quick but "muh prime directive"

Also pissed me off a bit

The TNG cast was 10x better, I can't downgrade that much

Definitely the worst of the 3 new ones, bullshit faggotry and stronk womyn aside.

Shit plot, mediocre dialogue, boring villain whose motivation was vague.

Pretty disappointed cause I like Star Trek. Justin Lin is incapable of making actual quality movies

>Star Trek
this belongs in the 20th century.

The entire point of the original series is to show a world that is multicultural doing well.

They even have an alien on board because they're so progressive.

I love the show but you can't deny the obvious leftest push in it.

Same thing with M*A*S*H, it's a great show. I love it, especially the version without the laugh track to it. But there are obvious moments when it's just pushing the left's agenda. Like whenever they're going somewhere and Major Frank Burns brings a gun all of them are shocked that one of the doctors thought it would be a good idea to have a gun in a war zone.

Based

Best captain coming through

>watching nu-trek

100% truth yet shatter was never afraid to slap a bitch who was getting out of hand

And he took his mission to go where no man has gone before a little farther than just exploring the galaxy

>So I went to see this movie

degenerate.

>he did something I'm too autistic and antisocial to do, so I must call him a degenerate

>Other than that I couldn't find anything else with the film.

You're fucking blind or a nigger, nigger being a key word.

>giving money to jews
>austistic, antisocial

oy vey

Explain what I missed, Mr Angry McFuckFace?

Thanks for confirming you're an autist.

Star Trek is nothing but Jar Jar pushing multiculturalism down your throat.

Jar Jar is the very definition of talentless hack.

Simon Pegg co-wrote it and the trailer had Beastie Boys so it can't be that bad. AFAIK Pegg hasn't been cucked.

Movie honestly had a shit plot
Seriously the captain was butthurt about moving into a peacetime job so he's going to kill millions of people with a deus ex machina plot device? Fuck right off at least the admiral from the second had a good motive.

I liked it desu. I've honestly liked most of JewJew Abrahms movies. He's a good film maker.

I also enjoy when there is a qt 3.14 lead character

>gay Sulu
Wait, what?

The transport device was canon technology from DS9's mirror universe

>normies have ruined geek (lack of better term) culture forever
>we will never have good female characters again
>we will never have good nonwhite characters again
>we will never have interesting villains again
>everything either pushes lefty politics or does nothing artistic at all

Just kill me

yeah sulu has a husband
honestly not a big thing at all because its a 5 second thing and sulu doesn't actually say he's gay at all.

Same. I fucking got tears in my eyes when they got back to Earth.

Fuck that bald pretentious fuck, blind nigger and his autistic robot.

Never watched DS9 desu senpai.
But still, if an overkill technology like that existed, it would render the fleet useless.

I dont understand how the writers didnt saw that comming.

To use a teleporter, wouldn't you need to know your destination? The whole point of star trek was to discover new places and shit. The teleporter would be good for interplanetary travel within the Federation, but it would be worthless for pioneering.

>in the future, humanity dont have telescopes
Typical pilot device that was made to cut corners, but writers didnt got a good think if that would fit the universe.

It was relatively limited to the amount of matter that could be transferred but the mirror universe version could facilitate interdimensional transport and return just by mashing a button on a handheld device and The Dominion's transporter could be use to transport individuals from one quadrant of the galaxy to another. Neither were used more than a few occasions because, like you noted, it is a totally broken plot device

It was ether space dust or ten thousand assholes crashing into them, it wasn't a hard choice to chance a tiny warp jump. Plus the deflector is a passive messure, as long as 1 shield generator worked they would be fine.

It was actually pretty good, and included gobs of enterprise tv series canon, and somehow managed not to violate any of it, we can no doubt thank pegg for that. My only real complaint, and I don't know if it was the theater or what, but I couldn't hear the fucking dialog at all, the action and music drowns out 2/3 of it.

First one was bretty good because it was just a generic action movie with star trek flavor. They dun goofed after that.

Ya, kahns transporter was basicly iconian gateway tier.

>20 useless seconds of gay sulu
Served no purpose

All your other points I agree with, but Sulu was definitely forced

Shit taste confirmed
The absolute order, best to last, is

>TNG>TOS>VOY/ENT>WE WUZ STARFLEET