I liked the movie but I didn't like how they handled Zemo

I liked the movie but I didn't like how they handled Zemo.

You'll like him more next time.
It's fairly hard to keep introducing nazi elements into the MCU, when ww2 ended 71 years ago.

It's like nobody, within or without comics, except Nicieza knows how to write him.

Helmut Zemo isn't a Nazi.

Busiek

Helmut isn't a Nazi.

that eye color line about how Cap isn't perfect felt kinda nazi-ish.

This was honestly only one of my small gripes. I brought it up with my friend when we were driving home.

Possibly next movie, I guess.

Stfu stupid bitch

No that was just gay, he fucking describes Cap's eye color in detail.

He'll be murdered offscreen in the next Avengers movie.

Will people care if Zemo puts on the purple mask?

Whedon isn't doing the next Avengers movie so I think we're good.

That reminds me how many actual villains do we have left at this point like 4? Zemo, Zola, Blonsky, Klaw. I feel like I'm missing a few.

I would. I'd love to see him don the purple mask. doesn't have to be super bright purple either.

Put a sock in it.

Technically Loki is masquerading as Odin currently.

They still have Batroc!

You all still have Batroc.

for some reason I just don't see Loki as a villain anymore.

I knew I forgot one. I'm also still holding out hope that we will get Taskmaster at some point.

So "Odin" will job when Thanos goes to Asgard?

Do you think he should've worn the mask in Siberia? Like a purple balaclava/ski mask when he was in the snow?

Yeah, I said that the other day in another thread. Missed opportunity.

I've lost all interest in the MCU but I'm slightly curious how they handled my husbando. Is he a scarred mess? Closet Nazi/Hydra? Does he wear at least the little crownpiece of the mask?

But we don't even have real nazis in the MCU. Just Skully and his Croonies.

He's got no affiliations, he's a lone guy who hates the Avengers and pits them against each other in hopes they will kill each other

Why didn't Zemo just rape the Winter Soldier

I'm sorry for being dumb but everything about Zemo confused me. So, he wasn't a criminal/terrorist until his family were killed and he grew his hateboner for the Avengers? Because if that's true how did a single foreigner with no training or resources BTFO out of United Nations, worldwide intelligence networks, and the Avengers? Was he even a member of Hydra, did he join them after his family died?

Goddamn, that sounds really boring.

did you zone out for the scene where they explained his background?
dude was part of a mercenary death squad in sokovia

>no training or resources

you may have missed the part where they said he was a Colonel in an elite Sokovian military organization

Zemo was spec ops, user.
Him being a loner was more dangerous since he didn't have any connections which Shield/Hydra/Avengers can't trace.

> no training or resources
Did you miss the part where Stark learns about him and it says he was LEADER of an ELITE SOKOVIAN Kill squad?

I am iffy. I'm okay with it, because if it's just the beginning, just his origin, I'm fine with it.

They can still do Thunderbolts, have Zemo escape prison during Infinity War and then set up the Thunderbolts and go on from there.

Is Sokovia supposed to have a really good military?

I want to believe, user.

Yes. I'm sorry, Sup Forums. I failed you.
I had a kid behind me was constantly talking MOMMA WHAT HAPPENED WHO IS THAT during the movie, maybe that's why I missed it.

Sorkovia would probably be a post soviet satellite state, think Ukraine, then think about how fucked up eastern Europe in general is and then you'll have your answer

>Red Skull finally comes back
>he breaks Zemo out of jail and has him join HYDRA because he's impressed at how much chaos he caused.
Would this make you happy?

ZUT ALLORS!

Zemo? more like Zino!

Zemo In Name Only

No, I prefer Zemo being loyal to no ideals but his own. Hydra is ultimately about loyalty to the whole.

Only if he gets caught with it as part of his plan. Of course.

Sokovia's a microstate. Like every other microstate they'd have a crap military, and they'd survive through diplomatic alliances and negotiation. They'd have a really good intelligence service in order to tread water diplomatically. Hence Zemo being able to run rings around the UN once he had nothing left to lose.

That's about 50% explicitly stated in MCU, and 50% deduction extrapolation.

There's no reason he can't become, more or less, this Zemo later in the movies.

>I couldn't kill them. Stronger men have tried
Now we know there are/were super soldier serum copies floating around the MCU timeline. All it would take is for someone to give him some, and a fencing sword.

>Now we know there are/were super soldier serum copies floating around the MCU timeline. All it would take is for someone to give him some, and a fencing sword.
Zemo was never meant to be able to beat superheroes one on one though. The point with MCU Zemo is that he is capable of combat, but see it as entirely pointless for his purposes. He is a manipulator, he never expects to beat superheroes in combat and is not so stupid as to think it is worth trying.

Much like how Loki had given up trying to dual with Thor in a fair fight after the first film. Only retarded villains or righteous heroes fight futile battles, Zemo is neither.

The character was great, he was one of the most coherent villains in superhero films.
It's just that he should have not been named Zemo.

Eh, he's Zemo-ish.

Zemo, Zola, Abomination, Klaw, Mandarin, Loki, Thanos, Amelia Pond... you could hand-wave the Ultron code if you really wanted to.

but where did he get resources to make the EMP and bomb

Well said user. Too bad everyone else will ignore this reasonable post in favor of continuing to bitch about things that in their heart they know they will never actually see.

Why do people want Zemo to show up again?

There's no way he can top what he did.

Hope for Thunderbolts

>Zemo
>Justin Hammer
>Abomination
>Klaw
>Batroc
>Loki
>Maybe Zola
>Easy to bring back Ultron

I'm sure the ex leader of an elite european mercenary death squad has connections. Hell, maybe Klaw is up and about already, it's been two or three years since Ultron cut off his hand

Kilgrave.
Healing factor

this whole situation could have been avoided if scarlet witch wasnt retarded

>release the explosion near the only tall building within like 500 feet

No, why the fuck would that make me happy? Zemo and Skull had a whole thing before the T-Bolts where they were trying to fuck each other up.

What the fuck is up with fags who have never read a goddamn Zemo comic trying to tell me what would make me happy about my dude Zemo? You know what made me happy? This fucking movie, when Zemo drowns a HYDRA lieutenant in a kitchen sink not out of cruelty, but simply because he has to. Zemo doesn't care about HYDRA as an ideal, he cares about HYDRA insofar as it can serve his goals. He's not Strucker.

The movie was PERFECT Zemo. They updated the character to fit the MCU while keeping all the really, really great work Busiek and FabNic did with his character. He's a better Zemo than we have in the comics right now in Standoff. The sword and the mask are meaningless except that we could get a good fight scene out of them - Zemo, comics Zemo, has discarded each of them at times as he's had opportunity and reason to. And you know what? He can still be a Baron. He can still be Heinrich Zemo's son. He can have been raised a Nazi. He can have had an association with HYDRA. We know the bare minimum about his background, and if they choose to use him again they could build on that (or not) and they could go so many ways with him.

OP is an idiot. Zemo was fantastic.

They set up a means for him to become equal to Cap in this movie if they really want to use it.

that drowning scene pissed me of so much

the water starts overflowing before his nose is submerged

This

Was kinda weird I mean eventually hes just gonna pass out from being upside down and drown

What a horrifying way to go out though holy shit

he wouldnt drown though

That would be pretty horrendous.

It was a split second decision which, if she had not made, would have ended in at least as many deaths, including herself and probably Steve.

Throwing it up into the air saved the people in the market, which is what she was thinking about. It was unfortunate that she couldn't throw him far enough in the air to avoid ALL casualties, though.

I was kind of hoping he was working with White Ape to bomb the UN and set up the film whilst also establishing the BP coup story

Honestly I thought the beanie he was wearing was going to turn out to be purple and he was going to pull it over his face.

As someone who's not read much Captain America or Zemo in general, how should he be characterised? Not asking in a snarky way, genuinely interested in his character.

Well Zemo could still USE Hydra and Red Skull to further his own goals...

Did anyone else think that Zemo was going to use the other Winter Soldiers to create the Thunderbolts?

I dreamed for a second or so...

>zemo and bucky with cap meat in the middle
Lawd.

Swashbuckling Evil Mastermind with world conquering ambitions AND some kind of heroic strand (He does the world conquering for our own good, also It's his "family business").

zemo was a great disappointment for me i hoped they bring the mask and the ww2 line he didn't even used the fuckin' superglue

>Marvel fucked up a villain
Status Quo really is God.

he'd still die from hanging upside down at least.

it's more how steve's portrayed as the straight-laced, blue-eyed all-American boy

the line about bits of green in his eyes is meant more like 'youre nowhere near as perfect as everybody makes you out to be'

None of those things matter.

When they show the top down view with Zemo walking away, you clearly see the water over the guy's nostrils. I was thinking the same thing about him not being low enough to drown...for a split second...because I noticed this right after the thought popped into my head.

The ONLY thing I didn't like is that he didn't seem to be megalomaniacal past this one plot. Like I guess they could later on have him decide to just want to take over the world because the fuckups that are the Avengers are so bad at it, but that wasn't really seeded in the movie. He was just out for revenge.

I think you mean Zemo and Mind Controlled Bucky with Cap meat in the middle or Black Panther

Why did they even bother calling him Zemo? He was a decent villain, but there was nothing Zemo about him. I feel like they should have either used a different character or made him a random Sokovian soldier or something.

>there was nothing Zemo about him

he was pretty gay for Cap