>gotg thread
>dc thread
>superman thread
>rlm thread about their gotg review
>gotg thread
>gotg thread
>bvs thread
>marvel thread

Why exactly does Sup Forums pretend to have good taste and claim to not be reddit when this shit infests the catalog? It would be like if /lit/ only talked about 50 shades of grey over and over. What is wrong with you people? Claim to not like capeshit trash yet you're all obsessed by it?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avengers2.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Would be nice to have discussion about other thingt that GOTG and Marvel movies. Also, 13 Reasons Why, you forgot that piece of crap.

Americans are obsessed with capeshit, American kids even more so.

Surprise surprise, Sup Forums is mostly American kids.

I want to get lots of (You)s

>Sup Forums is mostly American kids.
Are you sure about that? Maybe it's just casual people with little attention spans.

it shouldn't surprise you that Sup Forums has this faux elitist attitude.

Sup Forumsedditors and Twitter fags took over this board a year ago. These retards unironically believe in "capekino"

Sup Forums is over 50% American and yes the majority underage

How do we fix that?

Mmmmmm, really?

that just proves it being americans even more

Ban mobile posters.

By improving quality. Do your best to create content for a more mature audience, which will piss off the 14-year-olds.

>333 mil by the U.S. alone.
>440 mil by the rest of the world.

That's roughly $1 per U.S. citizen and 5 Cent by everyone else.

You do realize that the population of the US is only a fraction of the world (about 5%) and yet the box office gross is almost comparable to that of the rest of the world.

Guess you don't know how box office works. Sad.

>The biggest debuts came from Russia ($13 million), the United Kingdom ($10.8 million), Mexico ($6.5 million), Brazil ($6.5 million) and South Korea ($4.7 million). The film topped the weekend box office two times, in its first and second weekends.

Are tripposters common on Sup Forums?

>that pic

truly, reddit: the taste. Only 1 thing is missing, the most reddit of them all, emma watson...

you're an idiot

At least we know who keeps this franchise afloat.

>which will piss off 14 year olds

1. It will hit the archives in 15 minutes
2. They won't see it and even if they do, they'll ignore it

To save Sup Forums you need to ban shilling and ironic shilling. Also bring back waifu threads, footfags, pedos and everything that kept normies thinking this board is too weird for their tastes.

This. 8 years under Obama has given them a Common Core "education" which provides them with absolutely zero skills to survive in a harsh and cruel corporate world. As a consequence, they seek solace in "boom, bang, pow!" cape movies that require very little independent or lateral thought.

I don't blame American children such as those who make up most of this board, but they're still retards.

>can't prove me wrong
>doesn't know how box office works
>calls me the idiot

Lol, okay kiddo. Keep being angry.

>pretending capeshit only does well in America
lol come on, son.

prove what wrong? you already did that yourself

I am ok with capeshit.
it's a trend, it will die sooner or later. so why dont you guys just enjoy the moment?

You realize that for it to be a hit over-seas within other box offices, it has to be popular right? It literally beat out every other film in the majority of the area's it was shown.

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avengers2.htm

Or I could just link you to this one which has double the US's contribution to the films box office and completely BYTFO.

>just enjoy the moment
Because I'd rather see a variety of movies instead of Marvel #7 Expanded.

>it will die sooner or later

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH
*inhales*
HHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kek, it's quite entertaining how right you think you are, and yet you can't even explain it.

>

Name some movies you'd rather see.

>why dont you guys just enjoy the moment?

Because capeshit is awful and it makes everything else awful by draining budgets and pushing capeshit trends into non-capeshit movies.

I don't watch capeshit. I don't complain either though, there is a reason you never see these plebs posting in 3x3 threads. Just ignore the threads

>made 30,000,000 in Australia
>country only has a population of 24 million

I swear to fucking god Australia.

explain what? the numbers are right there for gotg son. take a minute and look at them and then look at populations

kek linking to other people posts to back your argument now.

I'd like to see a father-son based story for once, or a comedy-drama that actually ends bad. I want to see the story of a heroin addict going through rehab, just to die of an overdose because of reasons. Tragic stories, with entertaining values. I want to see comedy with actual comedy in place, not just slapstick humor and fart jokes. I want to see horror movies that work with an atmosphere instead of jumpscare tricks.

>look at the numbers
>then look at populations

Congrats, you don't know how box office works.

>Mmmmmm, really?
Your own pic proves it. Almost half of the $ came from America, while the other half came from every other country combined.

>it will die sooner or later
That's what I told myself too eight years ago.

congrats, you're an idiot

>your pic proves it

America has the third highest population in the world, so, it kinda doesn't prove anything, really, especially when you realize that it's not a dollar for every citizen, like some other dipshit pointed out, considering each country has varying ticket prices and it doesn't factor in multiple viewings per country.

Why should I enjoy capeshit? I legitimately, absolutely hate it. I've tried watching a capeshit movie every now and then to see if there's a gem in there somewhere, but it's all fucking garbage. I bet even it's target audience of 8-14 year olds subconsciously know it's shit.

You didn't break it down by weekend and compare it to what other films it beat out, you living embodiment of retardery.

Holy shit kid, you're like, REALLY dumb. Not even trying to meme on you.

Oy vey, why don't you enjoy Franchise Movies™ user? We made sure there is something for everyone in it, we even hire good actors to play the villains, they are very viewer friendly, why would you go and hate them?

>just over 4% of the world bought in 43% of the box office gross
>haha d-doesn't prove anything, really

>we even hire good actors to play the villains
That's another things that's too damn annoying. Why do the studios choose from a dozen actors for every single movie? People, hire some newcomers from time to time. They want less money and show more effort, plus I can easily imagine them in the role. If I see Nicolas Cage doing another movie, I'll shoot myself.

in all honesty, there are about 5 good threads a day and that's it, the rest are just for mindless browsing/shitposting. i feel like that goes for every board though.