Is this the Mandela Effect? Is it real?

Is this the Mandela Effect? Is it real?

A year or two ago I heard Obama say that he supports ISIS so that it can topple Assad. I vividly remember Obama pledging his support for ''moderate rebels'' of ISIS.
I remember people here making a big deal of it, calling Obama a terrorist and a muslim.

Now whenever I mention Obama funding ISIS people have no idea what I am talking about.
When I look for information on the subject all I can find is reports saying that Obama WANTED to support ISIS, but changed his mind in 2012.

Am I out of my fucking mind, or is the Mandela Effect a real thing?
Please tell me someone knows what I am talking about.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=toIPvS9Pwgg
nowtheendbegins.com/islamic-state-calls-invasion-jerusalem/
dcclothesline.com/2013/09/04/u-s-soldiers-in-open-rebellion-against-obamas-war-in-syria/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3gfDy-LRFJ0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercator_projection
judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Pg.-291-Pgs.-287-293-JW-v-DOD-and-State-14-812-DOD-Release-2015-04-10-final-version11.pdf
lrb.co.uk/v36/n08/seymour-m-hersh/the-red-line-and-the-rat-line
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Latvia-bro. I would say it is real.

For example: I was just doing a little reading on colonial history in Africa, and I had previously been convinced that Zaire was a country that still existed. That is to say, a nation that existed concurrently with the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Apparently Zaire "stopped" being a nation in 1997, and that the DR.C. encompasses ALL of the lands of what was formerly Zaire (and not simply part of that land).

Holy shit dude, all I need is someone to be on the same page as me. I can't be the only one who knows Obama funded ISIS to overthrow Assad.

I don't think that's as big of a deal.
Not knowing that some third world shithole doesn't exist anymore isn't quite the same having heard actual speeches of Obama and having discussed them only to find out they don't exist anymore.

Why can't I find any of his speeches where he talks about funding the ''moderate'' ISIS to get rid of Assad? Did it just vanish?
Why is no one talking about it?

To a certain degree you are correct.

It was very popular to support the "FSA" because they were "Moderate Rebels". In truth, they weren't so moderate. However, they wore modern clothing, military uniforms, and usually kept their atrocities well hidden (originally). Some elements of groups that the west called "FSA" split off and formed Isis.

From my recollection of events, you are partially correct but maybe the semantics may have been lost in translation (during original newscasts).

I remember it being specifically ISIS.
On Sup Forums we were absolutely baffled over how liberals can ''hate ISIS'' and then support ISIS.

This is completely insane. This isn't me getting a few details wrong. This is the entire story being completely wrong from what I remember.

>tfw the Ministry of Truth and the memory hole are real
Maybe not as exaggerated as in the book but the media most certainly slowly changes inconvenient narratives and sweeps some things under the rug. It's quite subtle and they have a good understanding of human psychology and memory.

Obama never said any of that, you are fucking retarded

You're retarded, Zaire was the name of the congo until 1997, everyone knows this

I am thoroughly convinced that tards that believe in the mandela effect are just morons who don't follow the news or know anything about history or geography

yea but he doesnt support based MSF. he bombed doctors without boarders trying to kill big boss

It just shows how effective state propaganda is.

obama gave money and supplies to the FSA

FSA is allied with al-nusra and they share weapons and supplies

al-nusra i literally the al-qaida wing in syria

the pentagon papers from 2012 (judicial watch) shows that the west supported islamists in syria, despite knowing that there was a risk that an islamic calliphate could rise up, this was seen as a positive outcome, because it would isolate assad

but there has never been black on white in the mainstream media "Obama supports isis"

This
Sage these garbage threads

That's the point, retard Ausie shit.
I know some of you faggots have never heard of something I heard with my own two ears over dozens of times and discussed for hours.

That's the point of this thread, retard.

The only thing I could find is this
youtube.com/watch?v=toIPvS9Pwgg
And it just doesn't make sense. We had so much more stuff on youtube. We had absolute undeniable proof from Obama's own mouth that he supports ISIS. Now all we have is some 15 sec clip.

I doubt Obama said that but he has been illegally selling weapons to Cartels in Mexico, who in turn sold them to ISIS. The rifles used in the Paris attacks last year was traced back to a gun store in Arizona.

You are completely wrong.

Just because you are wrong, doesn't mean that there was a shift in dimensions or some shit. The dimension does not revolve around you.

You are remembering things wrong. There are studies that show people's memories are NOT even close to the tru fax most of the time. That's why hiveminds are better than single minds. You can find the truth in what everyone says.

That is what's happening to you. You remembered something wrong. Time to assimilate your memory with Sup Forums.

You have to start screencapping stuff op.

Same thing happened to me

I don't want to be some crazy tinfoil conspiracy nut, but I did hear Obama brazenly admit to giving weapons and money to ISIS.
Mexico didn't even come up as a subject. I went trough dozens of threads about this and it was always about Obama directly supplying ISIS with guns, not even once did I see people talk about Obama using Mexico as sort of a proxy.

My tinfoil conspiracy explanation is that Obama flat out supported ISIS, but that turned out bad, so they went back in the past and changed it so that it appears Obama disowned ISIS in 2012 and he supported ISIS in secret.
For some reason my memories haven't changed even though they changed the past.

That's the tinfoil explanation.

That would make sense if I was remembering something from when I was a little kid or something.

When this happened I wouldn't go a single week without mentioning Obama supporting ISIS.
I didn't miss a single chance to tell people Obama supports ISIS, and everyone agreed with me.
Only in the last few months it seems like absolutely no one I talk to knows what the fuck I am talking about.

It went from universal agreement to everyone just going ''what the fuck are you talking about, dude''.

This isn't a simple brainfart.

It was being floated as an option in 2010/11, and back then ISIS was called the FSA (Free Syria(n?) Army and included less fanatical Syrian rebel groups as well.

The strategy was officially scrapped, but funds and guns were poured into Turkey and they became a proxy supply line from the USA to the FSA, what is known as a "ratline".

Then, more religiously inclined portions of the FSA split off from the rest and embarked on their own little quest to conquer the Levant in the name of a medieval caliphate using American guns and wheels.

The US diplomatic machine delayed comment and action for as long as possible because they knew that if the press had been paying attention then they'd all end up with egg on their faces. It looked a lot like the Afghan Mujahideen situation all over again.

A couple years later, the Turkish military started piling the pressure on America to do something about all the marauding terrorists running up and down their Eastern border with Humvees and Stinger missiles, threatening to reveal the ratlines to the world.

In September 2014, while the entire world was bored to death of news about Syria and were instead distracted by Russian aggression in Ukraine and the two missing/crashed Malaysia Airlines flights, there were a few rushed press conferences and the American air offensive was launched.

Obama never said that anyone should support or arm ISIS, per se, but the American government basically did so until they split off from the rest of the FSA.

Basically the only thing from this post that makes sense to me is Russia invading Ukraine.

Not even the missing Malaysia flights make sense to me. I remember other missing flights that were a big deal, but not Malaysia.

pretty sure you're remembering it wrong.

Ok then. Either you've recently had a stroke, you've not been following the news very closely at all for six years, or the news is reported very differently in Latvia.

Google "MH17" and "MH370". They were kind of a big deal at the time. The Turkish rat lines are kind of harder to find decent sources for, but they're out there.

He never said he wanted to support ISIS. He said he wanted to support the FSA, which claimed to be moderate, and he sent them weapons and cash.

Then the FSA fell apart and about half of them joined ISIS, taking with them the weapons that naive little Obammy had given them.

I've been of Sup Forums for 8 years and I've been on casually checking out Sup Forums from when it was created. Only became a regular a year ago.
I don't watch Latvian news.

What I know is what I see on youtube and on Sup Forums. It does not make sense to me that people on Sup Forums aren't making a big deal out of Obama funding ISIS to overthrow Assad.

It makes no sense to me.
I've never had any mental problems, but this shit is driving me insane.

By God, thank you very much. I thought I was getting crazy. I clearly remember an article like this:
"The Obama administration promised to supply the rebels with small firearms and training them to use anti-tank weapons."
This was in the beginning of the Syria War, but now I can't find anything the article. I even remember that I commented in a Sup Forums thread about it.

I've never even heard of ''Free Syrian Army''. This does not make any sense to me.

This is COMPLETELY INSANE. I've been keeping up to date with this stuff for years and suddenly everything changes.

Everyone has a fucky brain in some ways. I suffer from deja vu a lot and also from sleep paralysis.

That might just be the Middle East. Everyone hates everyone and is fighting everyone with the help of everyone.

Now, without looking it up: when did Mandela die for you, and is it Berenstain Bears or Berenstein Bears?

Berenstain or Berenstein?

> wanted to support ISIS
Obama is actively supporting ISIS and other "moderate Rebels" right now. The Obama administration has no intention of taking on ISIS because they are its biggest supporters.

FSA was the original Anti-assad army to form. They were relevant for a year tops, however.

Never cared for Mandela. Don't care.
Berestain is just stupid bullshit. Whether or not Mandela effect is real this is just completely stupid bullshit that doesn't belong in the conspiracy theory.

One part of the conspiracy theory claims to remember Japan being in a different place, another claims that some stupid bear show had a slightly different name. Just fuck off.

Another question: what were the last five happenings you remember?

>A year or two ago I heard Obama say that he supports ISIS so that it can topple Assad. I vividly remember Obama pledging his support for ''moderate rebels'' of ISIS.

This only happened in your mind, though, I vividly remember this never happening.

When dealing with unscrupulous people of the devil, whom populate the whole world, you must be en-garde not to be fooled by their constant lies and tricks.

I've seen amazing things that would be only possible with supernatural powers at work.

Prove it, because loads of people seem to be disagreeing with you, which is why I am even considering this INSANE stupid conspiracy theory of Mandela Effect.

>Berestain is just stupid bullshit.
It's not. I'm completely sure I used to read about the Berenstein Bears.

It may just be insane to the 2016 human brain. To the 1900 human brain, relativity would have been strange. To the 1400 human brain, heliocentrism would have sounded a bit zany.

It is amusing how mandela effect takes good care not to interfere with my field of autism, incase I was paying attention and I cannot be lied to about it.

>One part of the conspiracy theory claims to remember Japan being in a different place
Details on this?

Yeah, seconding that. Never heard of it. Maybe they just mistook Sakhalin for Japan, though.

the sixth toe is taking an effect on you, eh?
Obama-backed Syrian “Rebels” Behead 12-Year-Old Boy
The New American - 3 days ago

They wanted to get rid of Assad, they started supporting rebels aka ISIS, just the termins changed, then it was "safe" to say ISIS, now it's just rebels.
We had witches now we have pedophiles and terrorists, nothing new under the sun.

Like we've already said, he didn't actively fund ISIS, he funded the rebel forces who subsequently fractured, and one of the splinters became ISIS.

So while his government did effectively pay for and arm ISIS, it wasn't ISIS at the time and they've never been anything other than declared enemies of ISIS since its actual conception. There's literally 4 different forces vying for control of Syria right now and America is only allied with one of them (the FSA).

Sup Forums was all over this shit when it happened, but we're talking a few years ago now and that makes it basically akin to ancient history on the internet.

I don't think you have mental problems, you're just way out of the loop. It is worthwhile to check up on mainstream news every now and then, just as long as you don't drink the Kool-Aid. Don't drink the Kool-Aid here, either, mind you. Just cross-check sources for the basic facts then exercise a bit of critical thinking and make up your own mind as to the motivations.

>A year or two ago I heard Obama say that he supports ISIS so that it can topple Assad.

no

You're just uniformed on the subject, Latviabro. Like other anons pointed out, Obama openly said he supported "moderate rebels" such as the FSA (Al-Nusra), which turned out later to have deeper ties with ISIS than previously thought.

Here is the whole story:
>protests
>an "unidentified" sniper start shooting at the crowd (same thing happened in Ukraine, I even remember how Sup Forums said it was the US government doing it)
>protests start getting crazy
>more snipers
>protests start fighting against Assad's government, it was Al-Qaeda
>the protesters (AKA Al-Aqeda) are called the "moderate opposition" and get weapons from the US
>part of the Syrian army deserted to fight for the Syrian people
>the Free Syrian Army appears, also called "moderate opposition"
>US and Israel start attacking Assad's forces
>IS appears in Syria, get weapons from the US and go to Iraq
>IS decided to attack a prison in Iraq and release some men, they get the city unguarded and decided to conquer the whole thing
>they get some military stuff from the Iraqi army
>IS, ISIL, ISIS... start to grow

Yes it is real
Check out my thread The shills are inside it already and trying to belittle me and slide my thread

DNC Leak
Nice Truck
45 gays killed in Orlando
Berlin shooting
The German gang rapes/sexual harassment in Cologne

>I've never even heard of ''Free Syrian Army''.

you should have paid attention in 2011

FSA was being subverted by ISIS and they were the JV team at the time

I think they knew but Obama is not a pragmatist

>it was real in my mind

Now I am remembering
it started with al-qaeda, everyone was batshit crazy about them.
ISIS supported taking assad down with USA, israel etc
until ISIS fucked israel over, and freed prisoners etc, then everybody turned against them
Media is skilled to fusion information together and change it bit by bit, to fuck with a persons brain, big media companies have skiled psychologist working with them, so mandela effect can come from that.

Obama supported Al-Qaeda and the FSA that turned into ISIS. It was a well know fact 3 years ago. Pic related.

Is this real? Can I get some background information?

I hope y'all is trolling me.

- The chronological order is Cologne-Orlando-Nice-DNC
- The shooting was in Munich, not Berlin.
- The latest attack was in Reutlingen.

Are you from the berenstein universe?

>until ISIS fucked israel over
When?
ISIS' members still get medical aid in Israel while Israel keeps attacking Assad's forces.

nowtheendbegins.com/islamic-state-calls-invasion-jerusalem/
There was something before this, some event, don't remember it so specifically anymore

Don't you remember that?
Obama wanted to invade Syria because Assad was attacking civilians, but everybody knew it was Al-Qaeda. So the soldiers started to post these pics.

dcclothesline.com/2013/09/04/u-s-soldiers-in-open-rebellion-against-obamas-war-in-syria/

What the fuck are you talking about?
I was going from the latest to the oldest.
I was not talking about Munich, I was talking about Berlin.

Don't care about Reutlingen. I am only talking about the HAPPENINGS that I remember.

What happened in Berlin, though? I don't remember anything happening there.

Wurzburg, on the other hand...

Except that Al-Qaeda is an American term. Extremist Muslim militants who oppose American security agencies' interests become included under the catch-all badguy term of Al-Qaeda.

Those that support the American interests keep their own name in US official reports and press releases.

The only exceptions seem to be those groups that make potentially legitimate claims on territory - ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah, Taliban etc. Al-Qaeda is the name given to any terrorist groups whose only motivation is Islam, like the Iraqis who joined ISIS and were called "Al-Qaeda in Iraq", or Osama and his buddies who joined the Taliban, but were Saudi nationals.

Basically, it's such a giant clusterfuck, and the US is so fond of slapping their own monikers onto nebulous groups of fighters who see the whole thing as an ideological war of Islam vs. the West, that it doesn't make sense to bother with keeping track of the names.

The media changed the narrative

2 Mudslimes shot up a bunch of people. Was a big deal for whole 2 days with everyone going ''Pray for Germany'' and ''Not All Mudlimes''.

op I honestly believe you. Although what is,currently blowing my mind is how much the globe has changed
>india is shaped differently
>australia is way far north
>the north pole is now water
>italy is all different
>south america is too far to the east
>and it is no longer the antartic ocean it is now the southern ocean

I'll list a few
>Germany Machete attack today
>Hillary Clinton shit
>Munich shooting
>Turkish Coup
>Nice attack
>Brexit

That's all I can recall off the top of my head

That sounds about right.

The proof is in the actions of the Administration. They Claim to be against ISIS but then supply all the rebel groups including ones they know are just ISIS using different names with weapons including MANPADS and anti-tank hardware. They are playing stupid but are indeed only fooling the stupid.

As for openly ever supporting ISIS, I don't believe since the group took on that name and identity has the administration openly supported them, but they are still supporting them only not by name.

They funded other "moderate" rebel groups. Not IS

Draw what you thought india was shaped like, and what Italy looked like.

Yeah, I remember Obama saying he supported ISIS in an attempt to take down Assad. I'm convinced that the information is out there, but that it is probably being hid somehow.

I don't think entire continents can't change like that. If something like that happened the entire world would be completely different.

I don't want to believe this sort of shit, but if it's true it's one a smaller scale. They're not reshaping the entire Earth. If it's true they're simply going in the past and changing some things to slightly alter the future.

Believing that an entire continent changed shape just doesn't make sense to me on ANY level.

Cheque'd

This Mandela effect reminds me of the memory hole in 1984

So, you think entire factions in Syria can just pop up retroactively, but continental drift can't be altered?

Yeah i recall this as well,they werent called isis at the time, i think we gave them guns and anti air missiles...

You're thinking of this clip.

Which could be the truth as much as a Freudian slip.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3gfDy-LRFJ0

Either way we totally support Islamic terrorists in Syria so what difference does it make.

he who controls the past controls the future.

This, I remember this

Retards claim Japan was where Taiwan is, with Hokkaido near Korea. It's just Amerifats every time though so it's just
>American geography

Continents are millions of years old. Any significant change would completely change the world trough the butterfly effect.
Obama simply saying something else why doing the same things shouldn't change that much.

I never said that some faction just popped up out of nowhere, what I said is that Obama supported publicly.

>>india is shaped differently
American geography
>>australia is way far north
American geography
>>the north pole is now water
American geography
>>italy is all different
American geography
>>south america is too far to the east
Hurr durr what is a map projection
>>and it is no longer the antartic ocean it is now the southern ocean
Both are valid names

I can confirm:
India: It used to be way "shorter".

Australia: was definately farther south, away from other stuff. I don't even remember New Zealand being where it's at on maps.

North Pole: There was always land there. I noticed on a map from 1913-1918 this a few days ago too. I was stunned to find out there's just water there. Hell I remember reading about Russia claiming parts of the North Pole just a year ago and looking at a map of the NP as LAND.

Italy: I'm not sure about this, it looks like it always did as a foot kicking a ball.

South America: Definately too far east, It used to be practically parallel with the NA coasts: when I took geography in highschool I specifically remember learning about the countries between the 2 continents and it was vastly different.

Southern Ocean: WTF

I am willing to draw an image of South America and North Pole if anyone wants.

I am not thinking of that clip. I am thinking of dozens of clips where he proclaims alliance to ISIS and tells us how ISIS is the only group that can overthrow Assad.

We discussed for hours. Now you faggots don't even recall anything like that.
What the fuck

What if there are infinite universes, though?
There could be a universe where the world itself developed differently, but by another string of coincidences mankind developed the same.

Isn't this just because you drank the Mercator Projection Kool-Aid?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercator_projection

All of this can be put down to
>American geography education

>I remember reading about Russia claiming parts of the North Pole just a year ago
They actually keep doing this, claiming continental shelf, not land you moronic faggot.

Gopher it, m80. Also, what are map projections?

He was funding groups like the FSA and Sup Forums discussed how it was indirectly going to ISIS. You're just a fucking retard who can't tell that his memory isn't infallible.

If there were such huge changes to history none of us would even be alive.
To me it seems like a bunch of shills just joined the thread to talk about how countries were shaped differently.

judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Pg.-291-Pgs.-287-293-JW-v-DOD-and-State-14-812-DOD-Release-2015-04-10-final-version11.pdf

>IF THE SITUATION UNRAVELS THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF ESTABLISHING A DECLARED OR UNDECLARED SALAFIST PRINCIPALITY IN EASTERN SYRIA (HASAKA AND DER ZOR), AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE SUPPORTING POWERS TO THE OPPOSITION WANT IN ORDER TO ISOLATE THE SYRIAN REGIME, WHICH IS CONSIDERED THE STRATEGIC DEPTH OF THE SHIA EXPANSION (IRAQ AND IRAN).

>THE DETERIORATION OF THE SITUATION HAS DIRE CONSEQUENCES ON THE IRAQI SITUATION AND ARE AS FOLLOWS:

>THIS CREATES THE IDEAL ATMOSPHERE FOR AQI TO RETURN TO ITS OLD POCKETS IN MOSUL AND RAMADI, AND WILL PROVIDE A RENEWED MOMENTUM UNDER THE PRESUMPTION OF UNIFYING THE JIHAD AMONG SUNNI IRAQ AND SYRIA, AND THE REST OF THE SUNNIS IN THE ARAB WORLD AGAINST WHAT IT CONSIDERS THE ONE ENEMY, THE DISSENTERS. ISI COULD ALSO DECLARE AN ISLAMIC STATE THROUGH ITS UNION WITH OTHER TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS IN IRAQ AND SYRIA, WHICH WILL CREATE GRAVE DANGER IN REGARDS TO UNIFYING IRAQ AND THE PROTECTION OF ITS TERRITORY.

There's a primary source for ya, user. We knew that fucking around in Syria would give rise to ISIS, and we went in and fucked around in Syria anyway.

Did we DIRECTLY support ISIS? There is no evidence of this of us doing so intentionally. However, we knew damned well that ISIS was selling oil and we did nothing to stop it until the Russians went in and started bombing. We could have used the NSA to do some snooping to find out who the foreign buyers of the oil were, then shut them out of the SWIFT system. ISIS had US approval, even if not direct and only unofficial.

No, it was most certainly land: With bases and tanks being involved. There were entire land masses up there being exposed through global warming.

I know of the Mercator Projection, it's one of the first things covered in geography classes. I grew up with a globe in my room, this is something else entirely. I KNOW what I remember.

It was more of a wider V shape
I know this is mind blowing. Just go look at some maps
>tfw australia is 5.7 km from PNG
>Iceland is about 4X bigger also
I don't understand it but this is right in our face, and it seems to effect people in different ways. For an example I remember mandela dying recently, not in the 80's.

As if there was doubt? Anyone even semi-versed in politics can draw so many parallels from government to how Orwell describes it it's head spinning. George obviously had a very keen and intimate insight into these affairs and must have known more than we think he did.

>With bases and tanks being involved. There were entire land masses up there being exposed through global warming.
Sure lad, tanks moving through a frozen glacial wasteland, nice one

>that one picture of the book that had both spellings

God fucking damnit read some Seymour Hersh:

lrb.co.uk/v36/n08/seymour-m-hersh/the-red-line-and-the-rat-line

Yes, Obama and Hillary funded ISIS. They simply call them Al Nursa when they are "the good guys" and they call the exact same people ISIS when they are "the bad guys".

When I was a child I drew a world map and it had a gigantic Scotland, my street was clearly visible and huge, and it was missing a few continents.

What you're experiencing is the combined flaws of memory over time and childhood interpretations of information.

Granted, people did used to think that the North Pole had land, but it has since been shown to be a floating permanent ice cap.

It also depends on what kind of map projection you use. Remember if you can that the Earth is more or less spherical, so any 2D map needs to somehow deform or cut up the surface to be accurate.

For example, the standard Mercator projection makes Australia look about half the size of Africa, when it's actually more like a third.

>>tfw australia is 5.7 km from PNG
Only some Australian islands, the mainland is about 100km away.
>>Iceland is about 4X bigger also
American geographical knowledge strikes again, it'll be map projections distorting sizes different.

I can confirm Iceland's wonky; Greenland too.

Hudson Bay seems larger too.

They weren't moving through it yet, but they were preparing. The US was working with Norway to develop defenses. The idea that Russia could go North through the pole to get to the other side was very frightening, and they were working on it.
This was all around the time of the Ukraine scare.

>I can confirm Iceland's wonky; Greenland too.
>Hudson Bay seems larger too.
Map projections.

> The US was working with Norway to develop defenses. The idea that Russia could go North through the pole to get to the other side was very frightening, and they were working on it.
You're shitposting right? No one can be this fucking retarded to confuse worries about the Russian navy using the arctic ocean with land right?

I used to think the Mandela Effect was hogwash until I went to watch this movie one day only to find out its name changed

Interview with the vampire? That doesn't even make any sense! I remember it as "Interview with A vampire"

>that star wars quote
I was wondering if that was going to part of these. Bunch of morons.