ITT: Episodes that weed out the plebs

ITT: Episodes that weed out the plebs

I only watched it yesterday. What was Sup Forums's reaction?

A very different approach but one of the best examples of perfect storytelling using flashbacks imo.

A 9/10 episode for me

What show

Fargo Season 3.

That episode had so much foreshadowing going on, even for a show like Fargo, where it's natural.

Definitely got some Lynch vibes from that episode, quite surreal at times.

I dropped s2 half way through and i was gonna drop this season too but this episode changed my mind.

I just hope this ep wasn't the peak of the season. I do love the existential metanarrative about modern technology that this season has going on.

Definitely the best thing on tv right now

What was the I CAN HELP point? What's the deal with the box? Did they make this episode only for character development?

I watched this episode while hungover and fiddling on my phone half the time, was there anything important being set up?
What I gathered was that it was just backstory on her stepdad and that enjoyable cartoon thing. Will any of this be important to the plot, you think

>I dropped s2 half way through
Why? Fargo season two is very high quality television

Disappointed that Mac couldn't get past Demonstrating Value with Gloria.

It all has deeper symbolism than we can grasp at this time. Right now it does look like the episode was mostly for the character development but in the context of the whole season, who knows, it might even be pivotal.

Breaking Bad: The Fly

Top tier episode, hated by everyone who just wanted Walt to blow shit up every week

>Name of the robot - Minsky
>Marvin Minsky - creator of the Useless Box
>Ray Wise's divorce story - Schrodinger's cat
>The animated UFO was the same as the one in Season 2

D E E P E S T L O R E

>muh filler
>this show crawled up it's ass
>noah is a hack
>le 2deep4me xD
typical anti-art sentiments this board has now.

I think the point of the robot story just foreshadowing. The box tied into the theme of quantum state that ran troughout the episode (turn box on so it puts itself off, chief/ex-chief, maried/divorced, more?).

I didn't understand

Should I watch this show? Is it really as good as Sup Forums claims? Or is it just memes all the way down?

kek

Pretty clear when someone says this episode sucked or was filler

Are Fly, this episode and True Detective S2 the biggest pleb filters in mainstream television?

I hate Minnesotan accents.

ooh ya?

Disregard anything and everything said from someone that calls one of the most important and pivotal episodes in Walt's story "filler". I seriously don't even understand how brain dead you'd have to be to not understand why the episode exists when both Walt and Jesse tell extremely important stories to each other.

only good answer

aw jeez

>cutesy bullshit
>not bring in more plebs

The biggest pleb filter of all time.

The only good part of the episode was Jesse's reaction to Walt's autism over the fly.

Hold up.
The robot was praised and decided to shut itself down and offer up his memories and experiences to the seemingly benevolent aliens on the space ship. But didn't they just beam down a bunch of foot soldiers who indiscriminately slaughtered people?
Were these aliens meant to be good?

Spotted the

Isn't it a school day?

define good human.

>Fillers episodes with pointless animation segments that bring nothing to the main story but are there only because somebody wanted to give their cousin's neighbor's animator wannabe kid a chance
fixed

>filler
Stopped reading there.

>muh art and deep meanings
pleb

it's animated now?

>I pretend to enjoy a boring and pointless episode so I can look cool on an internet message board.

>boring
>pointless
Confirmed for brain dead retard. Try paying attention to dialogue and visual ques sometime kiddo.

True Detective S2 really pissed me off because I love me some Vince Vaughn. Pains to me pan the entire second season.

where can I watch this cartoon?

which Adventure Time episode is this from?

Any Matt episode in leftovers

>Always argue with a friend over The Fly
>It always comes down to him being upset that it only moved the story along at the very end

Im glad we're done with LA

If anyone says their favorite Futurama episode is Jurassic Bark or Luck of the Fryish, they're a pleb

TD2 was dogshit, I want this meme to end

Not only that, but it's so compelling on it's own. They turn the most mundane activity ever into a fun comic-thriller and the whole show in microcosm.

It really bums me out that great episodic tv like that is increasingly rare in exchange for stretched out, serialized storylines week after week. You have dozens of hours to fill, do something strange or different with them. Even on Breaking Bad every other episode was content to just hit the same plot and thematic notes every episode until they decided it could end.

I was just thinking that. If you were a watching for arcs and theme it was satisfying. But if you were just watching for robot action you'd hate it.

The Test Dream

>muh cartoon feels
Anyone with a brain knows the one with leela finding out she's a mutant and the birthday montage at the end is the best emotional episode.

>existential metanarrative

this entire series was a pleb filter.