Can we all agree that the Trolls ruined Homestuck and turned this comic into a trash heap...

Can we all agree that the Trolls ruined Homestuck and turned this comic into a trash heap? Instead of Hussie telling us a good story, it's just anti-climax drama shit and "muh fandom shitstorms" like Dave/Karkat or other crap.

Other urls found in this thread:

gyazo.com/5fdb279085935c6b03328c85e0506667
mega.nz/#!j5pwCbqD!mFghGsbgxME_fTtA06esZ20T9oQej2gBUrbYpKbVQMU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You are right.

But Homestuck was terrible and its over now, you need to stop making threads about it

no...

Is Roxy Joey's mom?

No.

Karkat's irrelevant romance cuckold story and Vriska's self-insertion bullshit and Dancestors killed off Homestuck for good.

If you want to be a true oldfag, then you already know that the MC Intermission ruined Homestuck by having Hussie write a fucking backstory for Lord English.

Yes.

Dancestors and Trickster Mode

And fuck you the intermission is the pinnacle of the comic

Oh god what the fuck

I don't think anyone with taste would argue that the Dancestors were trash, but they were basically confined to a single intermission. How did they kill Homestuck?

would argue that the Dancestors were not trash*

here u go thread, its done
gyazo.com/5fdb279085935c6b03328c85e0506667

Good shit

yesss I love creampies
not IRL though

wrong kind of wrestler

I'M SO FUCKING SICK OF HOMESTUCK THREADS THE COMIC IS OVER STOP TALKING ABOUT IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Are you guys gonna buy the Midnight Crew video game?

How's this senpai

eventually yeah
still need to get a console that it's on

bretty good

No. I liked the trolls and liked act 5

It got a discussion provoking ending "evangelion style"

You will probably see these for decades

You don't have to read every thread, you can take breaks sometimes.

You don't have to browse these tbqh.

>gyazo.com/5fdb279085935c6b03328c85e0506667
I tought the light symbol was Scrath's head in your doodle, kek.

Sup Forums is certainly still talking about evangelion
granted they've had the Rebuild movies but those come out only every few years

Hey at least we keep it to one thread

>expecting homestuck to be on the same level as evangelion in terms of lasting appeal and discussion

Exactly. It's not equal.
Homestuck is better.

I know I certainly can't leave these threads despite me hating the later parts of the comic.

I guess it's the Simpson's effect, where the beginning is just SO GOOD fans stick around for years after it went to shit, just to complain.

evangelion's "lasting appeal" mostly amounts to arguing whether or not asuka is a 8itch

and homestuck's "lasting appeal" mostly amounts to arguing whether or not vriska is a bitch and loving caliborn.

Boy do I have news for you

If you think decades from now people who have never heard the series before, are going to sit down and read all of homestuck, you're clueless

yeah that was the association I was trying to make
but I was struggling to pull it off well

they won't need to
it's going to get a game, and a series... this franchise isn't going to go away
it has secondary fans, which makes it unstoppable
there are entire segments of the fanbase that have never read a word of homestuck

>it's going to get a game, and a series
I'll believe it when I see it

That's kind of a stupid thing to say. There has never been a point in history when web comics have been decades old. We have no idea if any of them will remain relevant. Homestuck isn't really special in that case.

The franchise literally falls apart if it's not the main comic.

there have been webcomics since the 80's

>hussies friends who haven't read the fucking comic don't know how to write the characters in spinoff comics
WOOOOOOW

Don't compare NGE to Homosuck

Sure, NGE is over-rated

Sure, the ending is trippy and doesn't make much sense and was due to budget constraints

But the tone of NGE's ending fit the overall series

Homestuck ends like it's some corny shounen anime, after spending six acts showing that even the most irrelevant actions can have massive consequences

It's stupid and dumb. It's a -bad- ending

Not just "mediocre", BAD

Why do his """""friends""""" want to make comics for a series they didn't read?

Is there any way I can get a whole bunch of 'best of /hsg/' screencaps from over the years?

There were some really funny ones.

Cash Money
Someones working on a book
>Sure, the ending is trippy and doesn't make much sense
Theres that meme again

>can't handle criticism of his special snowflake anime so he calls it a meme

end of evangelion was hella trippy what the fuck are you talking about

and yes it is extremely difficult to understand for a casual viewer, evangelion throws so much technobabble and vaguely biblical lore at you that there's no way to know what's going on with out looking for explanations elsewhere

>it's an intentionally bad ending

Thoughts on Tobias "The Bone Zone" Foxworthy?

here is my collection that was mostly ripped from the homosuck tumblr

mega.nz/#!j5pwCbqD!mFghGsbgxME_fTtA06esZ20T9oQej2gBUrbYpKbVQMU

Its instrumentality, the story tells us this repeatedly thats all there is to it.
Shinji's going through his shit, because he doesn't want to fuse during the series end, hence congrats when he finally rationalizes his way through things, he wakes up with mom/rei who gives him the option to live and feel the possibility of pain which he accepts.
Its was all pretty explicitly spelled out

Paradox Space pages were apparently paid $100 each.
I still don't understand why they didn't hire, you know, actual talented fans. Like they did for Hiveswap (for a certain measure of "talented").

I never watched Evangelion but wasn't there an entire Easter Egg where a voice actor ranted about all the questions left unanswered?

meanwhile the first time viewer is stuck on "wtf is this instrumentality thing they keep mentioning, I thought this was a show about robots"

the more you rewatch evangelion and its ending the clearer it becomes
the more you reread homestuck and rewatch act 7 the more confusing it gets

What merchandise have you bought recently?

Homestucks ending is pretty clear, its just bad. We know that john mentions that they dont have to go fight LE right away as they can just retcon to him, we know what happens in the masterpiece, we know that vriska says the juju summons four warriors to finish LE off. Its all there its just off screen for some god forsaken reason.

nothing recently
I bought a lot in the heyday

>I still don't understand why they didn't hire, you know, actual talented fans.
That could have been fun. Fans submitting their own comics to the site, and getting paid if they got picked. It would have created a lot of fan buzz, and the stories probably would have been better.

>we know that vriska says the juju summons four warriors to finish LE off
foreshadowing without confirmation is like piss in rain

>I never watched Evangelion but wasn't there an entire Easter Egg where a voice actor ranted about all the questions left unanswered?

It was a american dub only thing. And it disregarded End of Evangelion, the movie, that came after the tv series.

The TV ending is pretty much a bunch of metaphors and philosophy being used to solve a character arc. But nothing else, which made it so controversial

>Its was all pretty explicitly spelled out

You mean 12 year old Adult swim viewers then yeah they might be confused about the lack of robots, but anyone actually paying attention to the story, its all pretty clearly laid out

Not ALL trolls. You didn't need to have all 12 of them.

Aradia/Sollux could've been one character. Tavros, Nepeta, Equius (even though it pains me to say so), Eridan, and Feferi could've been cut completely.

That leaves us with Aradiux/Solladia, Karkat, Gamzee, Kanaya, Terezi, Vriska. That gives them both a Time and Space player, and can advance the plot just as easily as the 12 did. Also, Vriska dies and doesn't get resed, and Gamzee fucks off to deal with the Cherubs.

There, Homestuck is less convoluted now.

And the best part, Karezi still remains a thing. Post more Karezi.

What is this weaboo garbage?

I always thought it would have been cool if Paradox Space had some sort of bounty system, where fans could vote on characters or events that they wanted to hear more about, and artists/writers would get paid extra for filling those bounties.

It's not confusing if you just accept that Hussie doesn't care. There is absolutely nothing else underlying what you see in the comic. He doesn't have a Dave ship planned, he just knew different people wanted two different things so he dumped the ingredients on their table to build their own meal if they feel like it. He doesn't care about what the white house is or which ends of it connect where in the story, or what it does. He's dumped out some blank puzzle pieces so the interested parties will invariably "figure out" (ie fabricate without his help) their own answers, a pattern he has observed in his readerbase and depended on endlessly in both PS and Homestuck. It doesn't matter to him which conclusions they draw.

The main stuff really was. The unexplained implied shit are things like motivations of some characters, mechanics of stuff like instrumentallity and metaphors, parallels etc. within it

But the basics of his character arc was pretty well explained

He should take pity on his old master and help him build Homestuck: The Game, running on Undertale's engine.

persona 5

And yet PS wrapped everything up completely
RTFC

You want Hiveswap to be made in Game Maker? Wew lad.

Isn't that the game about some suicidal Japanese children? How is that in any way Spades Slick related?

He cared about PS.

It would be better than what we have right now:

fucking nothing

Vriska ruined Homestuck. It's not even up for debate.

well it looks like you break into a mansion at night to perform grand larceny
that's sort of like spades slick

>foreshadowing without confirmation is like piss in rain
Get used to piss then because its a pretty common thing in many works of fiction
I wasnt saying it wasnt shit, it is, im just saying its there at least

...then by that logic, Ocean's Eleven is about the Felt? Dumbass.

I doubt you can get any sort of consensus, but you are objectively right. The trolls are what turned Homestuck into tumblr-pandering OC spam and prevented the kids from getting any character development. Hussie drowned his story under the weight of the literal dozens of characters he felt obliged to add and then forget about.

Don't worry, the one walkcycle they probably made in Photoshop is looking pretty good!

hussie suicide when

Homestuck was already a factory template for OCs with the main kids' designs, I don't get why trolls made that any more true. Just having more examples?

Yes, and there's nothing more annoying than that. I hate it when authors do that.
>ohhh, use your IMAGINATIOOOOON

Fuck you you asscunt, if I wanted to use my imagination, I would just use it. Because I am capable of doing so. I'm consuming your work so that I can enjoy the product of somebody else's imagination. Not mine. Someone else's.

Fucking lazy pieces of shit.

Trolls allow for more special snowflakes.

There's something I don't get. How were the juju kids able to have any effect on LE? Supposedly Dave dealt all the damage and finished him off with Caledflwch while the others played support.
But then if the cueball sword was enough to kill LE, what was the point of the black hole? Or if a black hole was all it took to kill LE, then what was the point of his cueball weakness?
Maybe the cueball weakened him enough to cancel his immortality (and the black hole dealt the killing blow), or his time powers (and the black hole trapped him forever)?
Act 7 needed, what, ten seconds of animation to clear this up. Instead we got a minute or so of Vriska marching towards a motionless and drooling LE, opening the chest, letting some magic out and then that was all.
I can't imagine Hussie storyboarding this shit and going "yes, yes, this is good". It was in like 2013, when he was writing the ending. Surely he hadn't given up yet, right?
R-Right?

They're already using Unity. A 3D engine for a 2D game.
Might as well go full amateur and use Game Maker. It'll speed up development, for all we know.

>Or if a black hole was all it took to kill LE, then what was the point of his cueball weakness?
*Meant to add "and the entire juju" too.

Wait, Unity? That crappy thing that some Flash game sites have for "3D" games?

Fuckin' a.

Well it doesn't work in Homestuck because the story is otherwise full of twists and plans never go right, so for all we know LE won.

>How were the juju kids able to have any effect on LE?

Meenah, Aradia, and Tavros were already doing okay against LE. They certainly couldn't beaten him, but they were holding their own fairly well.

When Davepeta came in, he was able to keep up with LE all by himself, at least for a little while.

Then add Vriska, who's maybe strong enough to solo Bec Noir.

Then add the juju kids, all of whom are god tier, and possibly stronger than they were during Collide. AND Dave's got a legendary weapon that does crazy damage against LE. AND they had Jade, who is literally omnipotent.

LE wouldn't stand a chance.

What part of IMMORTALITY do you not understand?

I miss when LE's invincibility was due to surreptitiously inserting himself into various time loops that could not be broken, and not just generic magical armor

>They certainly couldn't beaten him, but they were holding their own fairly well.

this made no sense and was just absolute proof hussie stopped giving a fuck. english was shown to wipe out ENTIRE GROUPS OF GOD-TIER TROLLS WITH A SINGLE BLAST yet tavros can jump him? his blasts only hit a few mooks? he never once tries it against meenah?

Yeah, according to this guy. But I don't know, this was in 2015 and that guy might not even still be in the team.
Maybe they've changed their engine, though considering how the game has been simplified into 2D, it's unlikely they'd be going for a more complex engine.

Also, there have been some decent games made in Unity, come on. It's not the engine, it's how you use it.
(I'm still worried they'll use it badly, granted...)

>AND Dave's got a legendary weapon that does crazy damage against LE
Literally the only part of your post that matters, though. Jade blowing up LE with a green explosion and Vriska doing fancy swordplay in her Marquise outfit would have little more effect on LE than Tavros tapdancing on his head.
He's IMMORTAL. INVULNERABLE. Cueballs and the Juju were stated to be his ONLY weakness. We're not talking -1HP attacks (or "scratch damage", heheh), we're talking -0HP complete invulnerability.
Patience and firepower are at best ways to distract or stun Lord English, NOT the key to his defeat. Otherwise all this bullshit about glitches and secret weapons would never have been brought up.

when was it ever that

Isn't it kind of scummy that the entire deal with the kickstarter was that no one knew shit about it outside of 'HEY KIDS HOMESTUCK GAME!', and now we know Hussie isn't even fucking writing it?

Rewatching Collide and I think Casey was only there because someone rememberred Andrew he would make her important.

Dave's sword removes the immortality plus green sun was destroyed so no teleporting. Still would be a bullshit fight when Vriska literally made the whole setup.

since ALREADY HERE