Is 2017 the year of WW1?

Is 2017 the year of WW1?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o#t=6m03s
youtube.com/channel/UCUcyEsEjhPEDf69RRVhRh4A
empire-dcp-minutemen-scan.blogspot.co.nz/2015/11/charleys-war-001-020-compilations-from.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Idk if it is, but considering it was about a century ago, public interest in it shouldn't be a surprise.

>Is 2017 the year of WW1?
Why would it be the year of WW1? Am I missing anything?

New Battlefield is confirmed for WW1

I think you mean the Great War.

Silly Europeans.

I love how my country has Great War and World War 2.
Fucking retards.

Oh shit, for real? Never been a BF fan but I am curious. Any gameplay footage yet or is it just an announcement?

Announcement leaked, trailer tonight

>Great War
>Great War 2: World War
>World War 2
>World War 64
>World War 3
>World War 3 Turbo
>World War 3 Turbo Deluxe Edition
>Great War 4
>Great War Rising: Revolution Revelations
>World War 4: The Great War
>World War Origins
>World War X
>Wo5ld War
>Great War (2012)
>World War 2 HD
>World War Kart Racer
>Greatest War

>WW1
>American on the cover

Well it's already rife with historical inaccuracy.

We all know the Americans were late to the party.

Black Doctor Strange?

>germans are gonna be the villians

>not World W4r
>no World Wars/World War5
It's like you're not trying to make a cash cow and milk it to death.

>American
Those are German weapons. Could be a german colony soldier

Ifs a gas cape

Hope so. WW1 was arguably the worst war in history, and certainly one that shaped the world for the next 100 years. It being overshadowed by WWII so completely is criminal.

>Take a strong and beautiful white woman based on greek culture
>Make her some mexican that can barely speak english, has all of 0 pounds of muscle mass, and cares about man problems
Thanks Snyder

>use a dispute between austria-hungary and serbia to invade a bunch of uninvolved countries and try to conquer europe

sounds pretty villainous to me.

>World War v. Great War
>World War X: World War In Space

>young Hitler cameo in the background of one scene

>using a dispute between austria-hungary and serbia
Not that simple. Russia was clearly mobilizing to enter the conflict on the side opposing germany's sworn ally. France was a russian sworn ally that would enter the fray if germany opposed them. Germany had an extremely rigid plan of action that called for the simultaneous invasion of france and russia for it to work, but it didn't.
WWI did not have the clear cut good vs. Evil that WWII had; everyone was pretty awful in those days

>character is explicitly from the Harlem Hellfighter regiment

come on now m8

Shit might be really interesting, though. Those guys get almost no recognition even amongst black groups. WW1 in general is rather forgotten in America; if you ever want to be depressed go compare the "DC" WW1 memorial to all the other war memorials in The Mall.

Isn't WW2 pretty much the only war that had the clearly evil side?

Trench memes coming back? Sweet!

No.
>Persia was evil in the Persian Wars
>Muslims were evil in the Crusades
>British were evil in the American Revolution

>Persia was evil in the Persian Wars
ok.
>British were evil in the American Revolution
highly debatable

Depends on which crusades.

black man on the cover.

that's cool. like they didn't have to do that. But they did and I can appreciate it.

btw Is that a character for the singel player because that's the only reason why i can think that they showed the face so clearly compared to bf3 and bf4?

>1st Wonder Woman movie
>1st WW movie
WWI takes place during WWI
>POTTERY

Multi-front campaign with multiple protagonists.
I assume the hellfighter is one of them

>British
>Evil

you've been watching too many films

Many supposed Christians didn't even care about the religious stuff, and were just as willing to loot places like Constantinople, that were Christian, as they were any Muslim settlement. And once they got to the later they still raped, looted, and committed atrocities, over the course of their invasions.

>Many supposed Christians didn't even care about the religious stuff
Maybe by the end, but you couldn't be more wrong about the beginning. The Crusades began as entirely self defense from a plague of Muslims sweeping over the world.

So, how is Superman going to be tied to the Great War and how ti started?

>self defense
/his/ would like a word with you.

That would be 1914, OP

>allied themselves with the Ottoman Empire

They are always the villain for a reason.
Even now they are working on destroying Europe yet again

>to invade a bunch of uninvolved countries
>try to conquer europe
You're full of bullshit but anyway I meant a portrayal of the germans as saturday morning cartoon villains

that's how they are
germans are automatons trying to act human

Please go back to /his/

WWI and WWII are the same conflict though. It's only natural that Americans would focus on the part of it that they were more involved in.

they'll just pull the same BS they did in BF4 where Germany is currently controlled by an asshole villain, but there's this cool german dude who will steer the people back to being righteous as long as he survives the campaign. It allows them to get plenty of scumbag villainy out of the German soldiers you're killing without condemning them entirely as a people. And all without having any real depth as a story.

Not until someone starts storytiming Charlie's War again.

>WW1 war when all the interesting fronts weren't even in europe

It's a real war though, not some BS made up modern conflict. They would be fools not to dive in fully with the "war is hell" and "every great power is responsible" angles. If they want to add a political theme it should be that the European empires became to arrogant and militaristic and this horrible war was the result. The incestuous politics of Europe - centuries in the making - had finally imploded.

I heard those guys brought jazz to Europe.

>it's never our fault

Are you German or one of those 1/4 germans in America?

/his/ can have their word. You won't get me with your history revision.

>bwaaaah it's all teh ebil muslim fault

go back to Sup Forums and jerk off to Trump

youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o#t=6m03s
All you need to know about early WWI history.

I want to pump and dump Gadot.

>History of Japan

Germany should've won both times and the world would've been an incomparably better place.

If the Serbs didn't kill Franz Ferdinand Austro-Hungary would end up as a federative monarchy, and this coupled with German victory would assure continued survival and thriving of Europe, its culture and its people.

But evil people did not want that. That is why we are here, in this meaningless hell.

Take it to

WW1 is such an interesting conflict from the social perspective.

It practically disillusioned the entire western world.

>Oops, we've accidentally become too good at killing each other

Theres footage of gallipoli and turks

what about the austrian/italian front

>Be Mohammed in 600s
>Get shit on
>Decide to shit on those who wronged you
>Gather forces
>Fuck over the Middle East
>Nah, that's not enough
>Fuck over northern Africa too
>Still not enough
>Spread into Spain
>Spread through western Europe
>Burn churches, rape nuns, pillage cities
>Tax those you've forcefully converted
>Tax those who are allowed to maintain their now extremely limited religious beliefs
>Take over 2/3 of the Christian world
>Close in on the remainders of a shattered empire
>NOT be the bad guy
Yeah, ok

The first Caliphate pushed into
to a powergap and realized that apparently there was nearly no resistance and so they pushed on until they encountered serious resistance. Everybody else would have done the same. They didn't went out with the goal to destroy civilization or christianity. Especially since the treatment of the conquered wasn't that bad for the time, if you compare it for example to Charlemagnes wars against the pagans in Saxony.

Whenever Sup Forums complains about Islam it always comes off as being envious.

Well. Korean War and Gulf War I also do have clear evil side.

> white woman
> greek

First mistake

> Greek culture
> the Amazons

second mistake

The rest of your comment is shit too

If there's a day Europe should celebrate every year is Charles Martel's birthday.

Nope, the thing is what people associate with.

>WWI
-trench warfare

>WWII
-Nazis
-Holla Course
-Atomic bomb

>Wonder Woman is literally always drawn as a white woman
>Implying a character can't be BASED on one culture and look a different way
Also,
>Greek
>Not white

First and second mistake

>Worships Hera
>Fights with Hades and Ares
>Architecture of Themyscira heavily greek inspired
>Not Greek culture
Also,
>Thinking "Amazons" refers literally to South America and is not just a reference to the tribe of warrior women called the Amazons that always come up in stories

Third and fourth mistakes. Wow, you're not really good at this.

>A video game about trench warfare
Do you have to make sure to ration properly so you don't get scurvy?
PRESS F to piss on a rag to combat the mustard gas?

>WWI was only fought in French trenches

There were some guys in the trailer who looked like Italians

Different user, but the whole point of WW1 was that at the time it was the war to end all wars so to speak. The biggest war in the history of mankind that changes everything. Not going into "war is hell" is pretty much missing the whole point.

Is the game gonna get a special Christmas Event where no one fires a gun and just sings songs?

>I didn't read the list of grievances in the Declaration of Independence.

>The War To End All Wars 1914-1918
>The War That Came After TWTEAW 1939-1945

Check out this youtube channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCUcyEsEjhPEDf69RRVhRh4A
It's going through the events of WW1 as they happened 100 years ago. Some fascinating stuff and a lot of new footage not seen before. Amazing how they keep digging this stuff up.

Reminder that Nov 11th 2018 is likely the biggest memorial day ever seen. We're still living with the effects of WW1 (and that includes WW2) to this day.

>it's only bad when somebody else does it

could you Sup Forumsfags get any more retarded?

I'd read it if you posted it friend

Not got the time to post it sorry - here's a link to a collection:
empire-dcp-minutemen-scan.blogspot.co.nz/2015/11/charleys-war-001-020-compilations-from.html

First six volumes are the excellent quality reprints from the Judge Dredd Megazine a few years back.

bumpin'

That reminds me. I need to read my copy of this.

>Make game content based on historical African-American troop unit
>Segregate it out of the core game and then sell it separately for shekels

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

Seems a bit early to call it but I'm all for historical setiings that aren't WW2.

So you get out of the trench and get shot??

>>British were evil in the American Revolution
I'm American but is this even really true?

It's gonna be WWI turned up to 11, which might be pretty cool.

The name is pretty damn stupid though.

>it's not bad if you do it too

>taxes
The horror
Most people had their taxes go DOWN when Islam took over, especially if they converted.

The American Revolution was one of those wars where there were no real good guys or bad guys.

Yes, the British government were dicks for not giving the colonies representation. But the colonies were dicks for complaining about taxes when they got taxed a tenth of what the rest of the Empire were paying. Also, the rise in taxes was due to the Colonial army (especially a young Colonel Washington) starting a war with the French, which cost Britain a lot of money.

Nontheless, the 'no representation' complaint was legitimate enough, to the extent that there was a large portion of the British establishment that favored representation, including the King. Sadly, the Tories were in power, and they were VERY much against it.

Hello, I'm Indy Neidell and THIS is the Great War.

This week saw fighting on the Isonzo, artillery barrages in the west, and an Amazonian princess killing dozens of Austrians using only her hands.

>niggers steal our best option for representation in vydear
Why is there no love for the Balkans in any media?

Thank you, that's what I thought. That refreshed my memory of the subject.

Yeah, they were in a bad situation but starting a war over it was probably a bit much. But shit, not that I'm complaining.

their head costumer needs to be fired. If Gadot is wearing period winter costume and still needs modern jacket and gloves. Then her period costume was not made properly.

It was one of those things where both sides hugely overreacted, not helped by communications at the time being poor, with messages between Britain and the colonies taking months to deliver. In the modern era, it probably would have been sorted with a few phone calls, but sadly that wasn't the case at the time.

>>Make her some mexican that can barely speak english, has all of 0 pounds of muscle mass, and cares about man problems
Gal Gadot is israeli but the rest of your point stands

>highly debatable
LOLNO
Still better than kebab