I miss when #DCComics heroes looked friendly like this. Hell, I'm bringing it BACK. #Flash #GarciaLopezStyle

>I miss when #DCComics heroes looked friendly like this. Hell, I'm bringing it BACK. #Flash #GarciaLopezStyle

twitter.com/ethanvansciver/status/728015269633925120

What do you think Sup Forums? You ready to see some happier heroes in Rebirth?

BRING BACK POWER RING!

Doubt it will be happy enough. I'm ready for Silver Age Part 2.

>GL Rebirth having Brave and Bold
Slap me before I hype myself.

>You ready to see some happier heroes in Rebirth?
Yes, if dc actually delivered.

To me, DC has always been about "uplifting fantasy empowerment" while Marvel has always been about "incredibly flawed people with good intentions taking up vigilantism because it just seems like the thing to do"

And it's nice to see at least one of them trying to get back to their roots before "geek culture" ruined it

I hope Hal and Barry say more than one word to each other, I miss my brave and bold BFFs

Blue Beetle is gunna be a happy one I'm sure, Giffen doesn't have it in him to make a kid like Jaime sad right?

>Giffen doesn't have it in him to make a kid like Jaime sad right?
I'm 100% certain that he does! But I don't think he'll do it in Blue Beetle.

It's Venditti. He'll just come to say whole Hal's family got hit by plague.

OP pic is from GLs Rebirth, so it's Humphries

I do feel a little bad for EVS that he's stuck with Venditti on HJGLC now, Venditti GL was the most miserable book

What the hell is garcia lopez style?

I'm ready for /DCute/

José Luis García-López you pleb

What did he do besides the DC Style Guide?

The reason he hasn't done much work is because he was DC's in-house artist for years, doing stuff like the style guide, and art for companies that license DC characters. A soap company wants to license Superman and needs a picture for the box? Lopez did it. Artwork recognized by millions if not billions around the world, but completely unaware of who did it.

He's done short stories and covers here and there, but because of his position, never got the recognition his peers did.

I see, thanks for the info.

Why would Superman need a vehicule?

I think this was pre-crisis. But yeah, I don't know either.

Rebirth will fail for the reason every reboot fails, because it's written and edited by the same miserable shots who wrote the previous miserable comics

What a fucking tragedy. He's a solid artist and he deserves way more recognition for his work.

Why does Baz look so scared though?

To sell toys

He's standing right next to a Doomsday Prepper with one of the most powerful weapons in the universe, meanwhile his ring is broke, all he has is a shitty glock, and he is currently a commonly occurring enemy ethnicity in her scenarios.

JoseLuisGarciaLopezFans' facebook
You can see the rest of the dc style guide there, since I don't have time to post the rest of it.

Damn. He's got this nice, classic Perez-lite look. Not going to be happy seeing these nice inks ruined, but glad he's on an actual book.

García-López is one of the GOAT DC artists

>Not going to be happy seeing these nice inks ruined, but glad he's on an actual book.
Is JLGL actually on a book? If you're talking about OP pic that's Ethan van Sciver

The first time he met the Justice League they tried to capture/arrest him, and the second time he met them they were all possessed

I'd be nervous around them too

this will be the only interaction hal and Barry have in the entirety of rebirth.

hal is literally just saying 'here barry, these are my replacements I'm off to space for forever, bye!!'

you guys think venditti will let hal have friends? lmfao

Garcia-Lopez did a really good arc in Batman Confidential - the man draws a great Riddler.
I love how it looks as though Superman has a goofy smile on his face as he's fighting Lex.
>L-leggo, you jerk!
>Don't worry, smarty-pants, this won't hurt... much
To fight Amazo
>entire front page dedicated to how great one of your own reporters is
Seems a bit self-indulgent, if you ask me...

The guy's one of the first Widescreen artists that people looked at and thought holy shit this paneling is great.

>hal is literally just saying 'here barry, these are my replacements I'm off to space for forever, bye!!'
oh.... oh, that's probably what's going on, isn't it

fuck

This man is your FRIEND

He fights for FREEDOM

Garcia-Lopez is a legend. He's been working as a pro since he was like 14 years old.
Pretty much the perfect comics artist. All the dynamics of Kirby or Steranko, all the draftsmanship of Perez or Swan, and the graphic design skills of Neal Adams. All rolled into one guy.

It was for the toy line. The same toy line that inspired Marvel to do Secret Wars.

Bump

I had... a product, I can't remember which one with the Riddler pic, I can't remember what it was and it's driving me crazy.

No reason

kid's shampoo, probably

Naw, I'm thinking it was a puzzle or something like that, I remember it was a flat object.

>BLACKED POWER RING

My husbando is not for sexual.

>Barry stole Wally's belt
God fucking damnit

That sexy wonder woman leg in the lower panel gives away that it's more than a mere Hal/Barry interaction.

yeah it looks like Hal is handing Jessica and Simon off to the Justice League, because he's going to get stuck in space forever again

he probably won't actually say anything to Barry because he is not allowed to have friends

>The cape start in the shield

That´s basically Injustice costume. It´s nothing original exist in this world?

I had that image of Robin on a 'Robin Road' sign growing up as a kid.

I take it you never read his Amethyst mini

Green Lanterns Rebirth #1 Unlettered Preview (divided into Dogfucker/Benes and Cereal King/EVS):