"Justice League" Adds Ben Affleck As Executive Producer

Ben Affleck will be wearing another hat during his time on the "Justice League" set. In addition to donning the Batman cowl once again for the 2017 team-up movie, Deadline has learned that Affleck has been named as another executive producer on the film.

Affleck will join the film's braintrust, which includes director Zack Snyder and screenwriter Chris Terrio. Affleck previously worked with Terrio on the Academy Award-winning film "Argo." Deadline adds that Affleck made the jump to EP in order to support Snyder, "with whom he worked well on 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice."

The move further increases Affleck's involvement in Warner Bros.' expanding DC cinematic universe.

comicbookresources.com/article/justice-league-adds-ben-affleck-as-executive-producer

Affleck trying his best to cancel out Snyder.

Cool. Especially after reading that long but surprisingly well-written Buzzfeed article about Affleck, I feel like a big part of his pains in the beginning of his career has been about control. BvS was very much out of his control, but he's not giving up yet.

And later people say Damian isn't towel head.

more like getting him under control, which is what he needs.

In all seriousness though, thats fucking awesome. Batfleck has proven his meddle in other films

Just make him the director.

MAKE HIM THE FUCKING DIRECTOR.

God damn please just get rid of Snyder.

>digits

Also, I liked BvS. But at the same time I do think Affleck would do a better job with Snyder producing. Snyder understands the gravitas of these characters, while Affleck can bring the story and dialogue.

Seriously, reverse these roles and the film with be solid gold.

What happened to George Miller?

You can have multiple Exec Producers

The 90s happened

>>the year is 2019
>>consistently terrible reviews have caught up with WB's DCCU leading to a near bomb with Justice league
>>desperate to turn things around they sign Joss Whedon to direct Justice League 2, granting him unprecedented creative control
>>the entire second act is 45 minutes of the League sitting around a campfire talking about highschool

>>>the entire second act is 45 minutes of the League sitting around a campfire talking about highschool
if it were cut down to 20 minutes, this would be GOAT

>Ben "the only reason i pretend like i'm into comic books is because kevin smith sometimes gives me employment" Affleck

This can't go wrong.

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! I'M IN CHARGE HERE!

DO YOU FEEL ..IN CHARGE?

I knew this would happen since that photo of them at the launch party where Affleck was hovering his hand over Snyder's head
You thought it was a joke
What you didn't realize is that Affleck is the Titan coming to punish Snyder for his flight

Save us, Batfleck!

this this this

That would be good though

Why don't Cavill and Affleck just beat up Snyder? Snyder is like 5'5

>Batman is the producer of Justice League
POETRY

I doubt he wants all that pressure

He also lifts. A lot. But so do the other 2 so you may have a point.

Batman v. Snyder: Dawn of Good Movies

>yfw Batman literally gains control of the DC universe

>your face when

>a Batman so powerful he literally warps his own fiction when he doesn't like it
BATGOD
A
T
G
O
D

Its just a way to pay him more money
He probably said he was going to back out after all the negative press BVS got

>Ben Affleck isn't into comics
>Guy who made Daredevil
>Guy who put a Batcave in his house
>Guy who reigned in Snyder enough that his scenes are the only thing in the 3 hour fuckfest that didn't suck

Dude won an Oscar, you think he still goes to Kevin Smith for work?

Has Batman gained too much power?

Or not enough?

>"Yo, Kev what'a your take on Batman?"
>"What's your plans for JL?"
>"I'm EP. I'll save you another spot, bro, as special EP."
>"Alright, thanks man. Would Synder mind?"
>"Why'd you think I became EP? To keep him under control, come by the studio, we'll talk about your inclusion as special EP, keep it a secret from the press."
Wouldn't surprise me if Kevin actually found a way into the next installment thanks to Ben.

>you think he still goes to Kevin Smith for work?
Maybe.

Yet as thanks for everything Kevin did, Ben'll make Kevin have a special spot in JL somehow.

Get ready for after credits,
>Special thanks to Kevin Smith

It won't change anything. As long as Snyder is still directing, everything will still be wrong at a fundamental level. We thought Terrio would improve things but BvS turned out to be actually worse than MoS (and even I enjoyed that film even though it's deeply flawed)

Personally I thought BvS improved upon MoS so I don't know what's going to happen to this movie.

You don't understan- this is how it starts
First he's "just" Batman
Then he's Batman and directing his own Batman movie
Now he's Batman, directing his own Batman movie, and Exec Producing JL
Soon Snyder will feel his wrath

How embarrassing must it feel to be the well-known fuck-up in the team, the guy no one wants, but they can't get rid off. Everyone's blaming him.. looking down on him, and now slowly pushing him aside. I feel bad for him. I actually defended him for a long time, but recently I read a bunch of his interviews and realized how incompetent hands is the DCU in. Jesus.

Hopefully Ben will save the day. But is he a writer, though?

>Pretend i'm into comic books.

So like most of Sup Forums then?

Based Affleck killing DC from the inside

I could see the both of them co-directing, keeping Snyder mostly on the visuals and Affleck taking over the rest

First he starts by defeating Zack and his wife Deborah. But he won't stop there. He will become the Batman, as well as Bruce Wayne. He will take over all of Warner Brothers and rename it to Wayne Enterprises.

That would be best.

Affleck is a massive Batfag and has been forever. He only took the DD part because at the time he thought it was the closest he'd get to being Batman,

It's based Affleck/based Terrio all over again.

Fool me once...

Regardless of the movie(s) quality, which I honestly couldn't give a fuck about anymore, the BTS footage of Ben Affleck dressed as Batman hopping front and back the camera to check the shot and directing people around with the mask should be entertaining.

Also, he'll have to both prep the movie AND have the insane workout regimen of a superhero.

Not to mention arriving on set extra early to makeup/suit up and then start doing the rounds as the director and shit.

Dude's really good, but he's way in over his head.

>Dude's really good, but he's way in over his head.

You mean like

Batman?
:^)

>Affleck decides the only way to really beat the Joker ideologically will be to destroy him in every corner of reality
He's now trying to out method act Jared Leto

>yfw Affleck is beginning his transition towards Batman

How long until he randomly goes into Leto's house to kick his ass in costume?

Not to mention praying 5 times a day and fucking the nanny.

Yeah. Except he's not Batman. He's Ben. Nobody could withstand a Batman regimen.

Which? I'm wondering what people use to back that he's a directing talent.

Thank you anons

Every film he's directed has been great
Especially Argo

Affleck's trying so hard. I'm torn between feeling grateful and feeling sorry for him.

Anybody got that Snyder Denial Flowchart?

Why you ask? Let me tell you.
>Affleck and Cavill approach Snyder with fire in their eyes, each with one hand punching into the other. Snyder knows if he doesn't come up with a way to stop them , he is doomed.
>Snyder tries to turn and run, but Affleck grabs him by the back of his collar, spins him around before turning around himself and shoving him to Cavill.
>Cavill catches Snyder and holds his arms behind his back.
>Just as Affleck is pulling back a punch that'd ring Snyder's bell for days, dear Snyder finally realizes what he must do.
>PUSH UP CONTEST BROS! YOU AND ME!
>Snyders manlet build enables his victory which helps him escape while Affleck and Cavill are forced to nurse their exhausted arms

>Expect Delays

Producers butting heads with directors. Benny over in the corner in his suit rewriting his script.

Gonna be like brining matches and gasoline to a tire fire.

>Ben'll make Kevin have a special spot in JL somehow
As Grodd?

I get this reference. Debbie should be Bialistock and Zack should be Bloom though.

No, but Zack is cowriting.

So BvS part 2 with Batmans bits only being salvaged somewhat because of Affleck rewriting.

Snyder's mom is Martha.

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?

>batman literally in control over the whole DCEU

its JL/JLU all over again.

>We know Ben rewrote parts of Batman v Superman
>Batman almost universally agreed to be the best part of BvS

Hopefully he can be the Spielberg to Snyder's Lucas.

Just give him all the damn keys

he is just replacing Nolan who doesn't give a shit about anything comic-related.

>Zack is at his desk, typing away gleefully
>Suddenly the power goes out
>A batarang pins him to the wall by his shirt
>Affleck jumps down from the ceiling, dressed as Batman
>'You're working for me now.'

Affleck may be Batman on film, but I'm not buying his ruse. I know who he really is.

>What do Executive Producers do?

>The role of the Executive Producer is to oversee the work of the producer on behalf of the studio, the financiers or the distributors. They will ensure the film is completed on time, within budget, and to agreed artistic and technical standards. An Executive Producer may be a producer who has raised a significant proportion of a film's finance, or who has secured the underlying rights to the project. In major productions, the Executive Producer may be a representative or CEO of the film studio. In smaller companies or independent projects they may be the creator or writer.Typically, Executive Producers are not involved in the technical aspects of the filmmaking process, but have played a crucial financial or creative role in ensuring that the project goes into production. There may be several Executive Producers on a film who may take the lead role in a number of areas, such as development, financing or production.

>Executive Producers must be excellent negotiators. They need a keen business sense, and an intimate knowledge of all aspects of film production, financing, marketing and distribution.

Guys, he's not writing it, he's not changing it, he's just on board for another paycheck, and if it wins awards - best picture - the producers pick those up. Like he did for Argo, jointly with two other guys; but that's because the awards can't be given to everybody who worked on the production, which is who "Best Picture" actually represents.

He may be putting up some money, but that will essentially be toward future projects, after this, after all those already moving forward. 5 pictures from now.

If he's there for any other reason than the studio wanting to give him a PINO credit to pay him a little extra and keep him sweet - which is a real possibility given how badly they're fucking his career right now - then it's because they had huge budget overruns last time and want someone who's worked on no-budget movies.

They should've cleaned house after BvS's reception. Get a new director and do a soft reboot with JL part one. I don't understand how the WB is so fucking incompetent.

I'm sure he'll be angling for some second unit crap to do but there is absolutely no chance of him being made director or "co-director".

At the time he said he was a huge DDfag. Look how that turned out.

see

They've already got two other movies actually filmed under the same creative team, with another three ready to go (including this one).

Literally stopping dead and saying "fuck it" would be incompetent. You can't start over; you lose face, the public will just laugh at your shitty reboot attempt as soon as the announcement goes out.

For better or worse, this is what they've got. They're hoping the next few movies will work out and start paying up, but if they don't, don't expect any more.

>They should've cleaned house after BvS's reception.
Fuck that. BvS was good. It could have used some polish at a few points, but overall it was a solid movie. DC/WB should stick to their guns.

>It could have used some polish
Maybe if some polish is a complete rewrite, removal of any creative authority from Snyder and a delay of another year.

It had Terrio making a shit soup out of Goyer's stool samples. It was never good to begin with.

No. Snyder did a good job with MoS and BvS.

See, you say that, but I've also hear people say the complete opposite, and admittedly, while I am not one to defend Goyer, his alleged original script, which I saw discussed here a few weeks back was flawed, but miles better than what we got.

Gone baby gone is really good.

>removal of any creative authority from Snyder

This is literally all they had to do. They can keep the cast, they can keep the writer. Just please get this fuck away from the movies.

HUH

I know it's not cool or whatever to like MoS and BvS, but I think they're the best superhero movies ever made. The criticism of the two, and Snyder, are so exaggerated that they're almost self-parody at this point. Those movies are nowhere near as bad as anyone claims.

>they're almost self-parody at this point
Just like the movies.

Snyder did a far better job with MoS than BvS.

BvS felt incredibly disjointed by comparison.

I agree with that somewhat. I don't think it was incredibly disjointed. I do think BvS could have used some smoothing, but overall I don't think it was bad.

For the first time last week I watched MoS in it's entirety. It did indeed improve my opinion of the movie.

I give it a 2.5 out 5 stars.
It's not that bad. It's not great either. It's barely okay.

but how will kapecino be saved if Snyder isn't allowed full and total control of how much Batman is raped in prison?

Bottom line, they both made shit.

It is literally just memes. MoS was a good movie and BvS was the greatest.

Some of that has to do with BvS being a springboard for the Justice League films. The other half is Snyder not understanding the criticism leveled at MoS.

With this announcement, Batman will rape him instead, user.

You know it might actually work.

>Guys, he's not writing it, he's not changing it, he's just on board for another paycheck, and if it wins awards - best picture - the producers pick those up.

The more important part that probably isn't being mentioned because it's loaded into a contract, is that Executive producers often have final cut.

Depending on the contract, they can sometimes overrule directors, or outright fire them.

What about Goyers script was better?
I haven't seen it

>next thing Affleck is fucking Deborah Snyder
>on set
>while maintaining eye contact with Zack
>finishes
>.....tell that to Zod's snapped neck

>BvS felt incredibly disjointed by comparison.
And Man of Steel didn't? Did you forget Lois Lane's teleportation powers?