Kevin Feige says Marvel Studios is ‘Committing’ to a Black Widow solo movie

>Kevin Feige says Marvel Studios is ‘Committing’ to a Black Widow solo movie

>Captain America: Civil War marks the fifth time that Scarlett Johansson has played Natasha Romanov, aka Black Widow, in a Marvel Studios movie and the cry for her own solo film has never been louder. Promises have been made over the years, but now, speaking with Deadline, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige says the studio is “committed” to making a solo film for the character in the future.

>“We’ve announced the next nine movies, ten counting Civil War, through the end of 2019. Where we go beyond that are ongoing discussions that we’ll focus on in the next few years because we have a lot to do before then. Of the characters that you’ve just mentioned I would say certainly the one creatively and emotionally that we are most committing to doing is Black Widow…We think she’s an amazing character. We think Scarlett Johansson’s portrayal of her is amazing. She’s a lead Avenger and has amazing stories in her own right to tell that we think would be fun to turn into a standalone franchise.”

Black Widow movie is happening. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fhR6eZWOMeU
youtube.com/watch?v=39m85puOQok
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Might be good if they replace ScarJo
She's not convincing at all in any sort of action role

>Widow, not Hawkeye.
L a m e

Cool. Hope it's like Waid's run.

If it's like the MCU version of "Salt", it could be good.

Not surprising they've decided to now do a Black Widow movie, Scarlett Johansson can legit bring in bank.

I'd be the first to clamor for more female-led MCU films, but can she really carry a movie? I can't see it being a better spy flick than TWS.
I think Widow would do better with a Netflix miniseries. Same with Hawkeye, but only in a post-Young Avengers movie world for that Fraction dynamic.

>Natasha has to go searching into her past for answers, basically going down the Russian Intelligence rabbit hole
>yfw she unfreezes Bucky because some sort of knowledge that he has is integral to her mission
>yfw BuckyNat confirmed

I will preorder fifty tickets to watch this film fifty straight days in a row if Kojima directs this.

You can hold me to that.

Get David Hayter to write it and Hideo Kojima to direct.

so is Quicksilver the only one she never fucked, and that's only because he died?

>Kojima
Is this an actual rumor or something or are you just thinking he should do it because it would be a spy movie?

Black Widow is Kojima's waifu and David Hayter wrote a Black Widow script over ten years ago.

>Black Widow movie is happening.

Excellent.

I just know that Kojima waifus Black Widow and that also come on Black Widow would be perfect in a Metal Gear Solid situation. Snake was basically just a spy who fought people with retarded superpowers.

Has someone told Kojima so he can explode in engrish excitement?

If Hawkeye gets to be a major character in it and is written like in Civil War, I'll watch for more Hawkeye

You know what? Fuck it, me too, that'd be great. Then again there'd probably be all sorts of creative differences between Kojima and Marvel, I wonder if it'd even work out.

widowfag here, im hoping it winds up being a nat and clint buddy cop movie

I know Sup Forums has a burning hatred for her character, but I actually want this movie to happen.

I love spy movies so this would be right up my alley. If they don't use the Hayter script, bring in Markus&McFeely to do the writing since she was the best in Winter Soldier and Civil War. Whedon was shit at writing her, but the Cap team made her good. With Bucky and/or Hawkeye as supporting cast, this could turn out good.

Hawkguy was the main character of Age of Ultron.

Disney typically doesn't listen to whiny SJWs who wanted things like Asian Iron Fist, but I still think they would be wary enough not to "take away" a solo from a female hero by "forcing" her to share the screen with a man.

Taskmaster as the villain maybe?

youtube.com/watch?v=fhR6eZWOMeU

Not gonna lie, I would be pretty hype for this.

>With Bucky and/or Hawkeye as supporting cast
Speaking of Bucky and Hawkeye, Winter Soldier and Hawkeye solo movies when?
I'm fairly sure they are like the top two amongst moms. My mom went to see Civil War just because she thought Sebastian Stan was cute and Hawkeye was her second favorite.

my mom loves ANTS more than any other marvel character

Hawkeye/Widow movie hunting down the remnants of Hydra and clash with Viper or maybe Madame Masque. Could be fun.

This.

Maybe now she'll actually get a personality.

>Implying she didn't fucked his corpse

I don't know why but i'd like to see ant-man in it.

Might be the first MCU movie that I skip.

Don't know why anyone would want this. She's probably the least interesting character among all the heroes.

they had sex. she just didn't see it coming.

I know exactly why.

As long as they retcon the "waaa, I can't have kids" shit and return to a literally red ledger instead, it'll be good. Whedon really did his best to ruin her character.

Kojima would give his left nut to direct an actual Hollywood film.

>you will never become a famous director and shamelessly insert your fetishes into your movies
Why live?

>Goddamn it, Quentin

Now, I'll never be able to look at that scene or any of his including feet, again.

>I know Sup Forums has a burning hatred for her character
I think people are more annoyed that she was the diversity hire for the Avengers, especially when the films struggle to find something for her to do.

Nobody complained about Nat in Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Civil War, but when her only role in Age of Ultron is to get kidnapped and have a terrible, aborted romance arc just to give her something to do, people are bound to complain.

>female led solo action film
>starring a chick that'll be in her mid 30s by the time it's out
Yeah that's not happening. It'll probably be about her Red Room days and be a younger cast

That's because Whedon is a hack. It has nothing to do with her character being bad, but he butchered both Black Widow and Hawkeye. Widow, especially, was unrecognisable in both ensemble films.

Scarjo plays a great Widow, when the script actually lets her play Natasha, and not "generic Whedon female".

Why would Marvel ever deviate from their film formula?
They're never going to do a prequel film.

>Salt

Wow I fucking remember that movie. It was pretty good.

He wrote Hawkeye great.

>Wow I fucking remember that movie.

It's not THAT old.

>He wrote Hawkeye great.

It's, "He written Hawkeye goodly".

>MCU version of "Salt"
I'll forever thank that movie for this.

This an actual foreign poster?

It's one of those movies of that particular time that just got lost with all the others and was nearly good enough to be remembered separately.

My mother is way into Thor.

I can't stop laughing. Why the fuck is happening in Asian minds during these movies?

I would have loved to see a Punisher-flavored movie post-Winter Soldier about Bucky dealing with his patchy memories as he goes full murder machine against Hydra for destroying his life.

Yeah.

They're probably watching them through a completely different pespective due to a different cultural context, and without a lot of the baggage that comes with how popular comics are or were in the West

Their 4th movie was a prequel

>She’s a lead Avenger

Makes me wonder why they enjoy them at all then. Just like Iron Man 3's hilariously unnecessary China specific scene.

It should be about her discovering another Black Widow who now operates as an assassin with a splinter cell of HYDRA. She enlists the Winter Soldier and Hawkeye to help her take it all down.

This right here.

They're probably fairly innovative blockbuster action movies to them rather than superhero movies outright. The added scenes for Iron Man 3 were a bit controversial in China itself IIRC, not even the most throughout indoctrination can remove all self awareness.

Agreed. If they wanna make good money they're gonna have allot of cameos but Hawkeye would be the iron man to Natasha s cap

Sure it'll get made, right after Captain Marvel

>Just like Iron Man 3's hilariously unnecessary China specific scene
elaborate pls
can't seem to remember that scene :/

I want it to be a spy-thriller set in the past. And have Hawkguy and Winter Soldier cameos.

Haha oh wow apparently even a state-owned Chinese newspaper published a critique of the gratuitious China pandering
>All the problems of the movie can be forgiven. That is, all except the parts with Fan Bingbing and Wang Xueqi. This China centric portion is just terrible. It's a pointless commercial with lots of plot holes

Not really. It was the start of Cap's story.
Making a BW movie about her past now after five film appearances would be revisionist, and tacky.

Two versions of the movie were made, the international one and another with a bunch of added scenes oddly fixated on China

Obviously. Phase 4 is unknown and so now this, Inhumans (probably dead forever), and Guardians 3 have all been talked about for phase 4.

Only in the Chinese version. Hilarious since Feige also denied in OP's article that they don't pander to China.
youtube.com/watch?v=39m85puOQok

>You now realize that Scott is secretly in every Marvel movie from now on.

>Black Widow directed by Kojimbo

Well shit, I finally found the one thing that would make me want to see a Black Widow movie.

I really don't want this.

I'd much rather her have a TV series and cameos in Daredevil, a film just doesn't seem suited

It would be Edgar Wright all over again. Kojima would anime the whole thing up. The Russos are the only safe bet to do her movie. They actually know what the character is supposed to be. Though I'd love Jon Faverougheauxough's take as well.

Too bad Marvel Studios and Marvel TV are too busy glaring at each other to get along.

Same with Quicksilver
RIP

and those 2 hate each other now so...

Oh, don't mistake that for me thinking Kojima would make a GOOD Widow movie. It would just be entertaining as all hell to see what nonsense he'd pull. I'd be interested to see the ridiculous villains he'd dig out for it.

Well Hayter hates Kojima sure but I don't think Kojima gives a fuck.

Are you implying Captain Marvel isn't happening? It's been confirmed for a long time and the Russos just said that Carol has a part in Infinity War.

There is not a single worse character/actor combo in the entire MCU

Prove me wrong.

I can't.
But mostly because the MCU is really well cast.

Who would you cast as Black Widow?

Yeah luckily. She's not bad. But she's probably the least good. Similar to the MCU itself. No bad movies. Just great and good.

Emily Blunt, the one who was going to be BW originally.

You remember the Chinese heart surgeon Yinsen introduces to Tony in the opening? There was a whole subplot added in the Chinese cut of the film of this guy coming up with a new procedure to remove the shrapnel stuck in Tony's heart. It shows up for like twenty seconds in the regular cut of the movie. Most actual Chinese audiences thought the whole thing seemed kind of forced but they liked it enough to make it one of the highest ever grossing movies ever over there.

Until GitS bombs and Disney doesn't think she can carry a movie on her own.

People underestimate how essential the Chinese market is to the MCU sales. People in the US have a very America-centric view so they bitch and moan about the Ancient One in Doctor Strange without realizing that if they kept them Tibetan that would literally destroy any chance they would have had at being a success. While making her a white woman is a political problem in the US, it would have been an even bigger political problem in China if they made her a Tibetan man, so they chose the lesser of two evils. Marvel can stand to lose some US viewers, but if they lost the Chinese viewers, they'd be done, son.

>Hilarious since Feige also denied in OP's article that they don't pander to China.

Feigay being a liar is nothing new. The writer for Dr. Strange even admitted that The Ancient One isn't Tibetan anymore because China would hate Tibet being treated as a sovereign nation.

So fucking stupid, I hate Marvel movies.

Why are you here then?

No, I'm just saying it'll probably be out through delays like CM is.
And Starring in a movie and having a movie is total different.

Yeah keep on ignoring Deadpool and how some movies that open in China end up flopping

>he goes on Sup Forums for movies

That's the exact thing being referenced.

I feel bad for Cargill. He was originally cut as a writer and then brought on by his director bro. I have a feeling Feige won't have him back after that incredibly enlightening interview.

>he goes on threads about things he dislikes

Didn't she pass on Black Widow in favor of a movie that turned out completely awful?

These new films aren't out yet which is why I'm here. I stop giving a shit after I either see them or the synopsis is so bad I don't watch them.

Maybe one day we'll have a movie that feels like a comic book.

I can't believe people are clamoring for kojima to direct anything. The man is an absolute shit storyteller with no sense of pacing or how to earn a dramatic moment.

I don't wanna see black widow shoot some fuck we never heard speak two words prior before he goes into a long winded deathbed diatribe on his tragic life for ten minutes. That would be in between his science explanation masturbatory sequences. Kojima would be shit directing anything resembling and actual movie.

directing is not the same as writing.

Dude if sin city didn't do it for you why bother? They're movies not comics. If even doing a panel for panel one to one translation isn't like a comic enough nothing ever will be.

No shit Sherlock. And the guys piss poor on either end of telling a story.

>literally judging a book by it's cover

>BW solo
For like...What? I mean SW or Vision even Hawkeye make more senses than BW.