What makes "nerd culture" so popular?

What makes "nerd culture" so popular?

the "nerd" industry pushing it. the more nerds there are, the more money they make

that's why there's all this effort going into reassuring adults that's it's okay to be excited for media made for kids.

>what makes easily digestible thing easily digestible

Idiots.

the fade already passed and it is slowly dying, the new trend in talk about politics even tho you don't understand it

Idk but i want to be ther shirt tbqhwyf

BBT

>It's popular because you're being told it's popular
Fuck I hate people. Most of the films are average at best

"Netds" have lots of money but no pussy. So pretending they're going to give you one, while taking the other is just child's play.

Capeshit. It explains it.

Historians will note: After many thousands of years, western civilization took less than a century to fall after giving voting rights to women.

Because it's populist and ties with hyper capitalism. Geek culture is conformity, plain and simple. Credibility in this strata is not gained by being contrarian or a good critical thinker, but how much plastic shit you buy.

"I'm such a geek I have star wars pyjamas"

Translates to: "Do I fit in yet? I'm I validated by my whorish consumerism?!"

Fuck geek culture and fuck hard core fans.

Easy attention for attention whores

>LOOK AT ME I'M A GRILL AND I LIKE STUFF THE BOYS LIKE, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT LOL

>lying on those free comic book day comics from the other day
>picks the video game, two based off of TV shows, and one because it's popular from the movies
>Hello Kitty Deadpool shirt
It all screams fake nerd to me.

This, coupled with the hypocritical, false assumption that you "stand out" from what THEY consider normies, that you're part of a small group with inside jokes and references that go over most people's heads. This is completely incorrect, of course.

>A lot of fans are basically fans of fandom itself. It's all about them. They have mastered the "Star Wars" or "Star Trek" universes or whatever, but their objects of veneration are useful mainly as a backdrop to their own devotion. Anyone who would camp out in a tent on the sidewalk for weeks in order to be first in line for a movie is more into camping on the sidewalk than movies. Extreme fandom may serve as a security blanket for the socially inept, who use its extreme structure as a substitute for social skills. If you are Luke Skywalker and she is Princess Leia, you already know what to say to each other, which is so much safer than having to ad-lib it. Your fannish obsession is your beard. If you know absolutely all the trivia about your cubbyhole of pop culture, it saves you from having to know anything about anything else. That's why it's excruciatingly boring to talk to such people: They're always asking you questions they know the answer to.

>being a nerd is cancerous
>being an otaku is cancerous
>being a gamer is cancerous
Shit what hobby should I pick next? I was thinking about finally joining sports or lifting

Honestly do things that girls won't do. You have to completely go down the rabbit hole. Stuff like reading actual literature, and building models.

Or still enjoy the stuff you do, but go so niche that they can't infect it.

Stop being a consumer and be a creator. I want to so bad create something, I just haven't built up the courage or desperation to actually do anything but sit on this image board.

so create some memes you worthless fuck

This. Women haven't ruined real literature yet, and models are too autistic for women to fake an interest in.

what breed is that?

Get into toku and collect toys.

Nerds nowadays are like gamer gurls back in the 00s

There are normie nerd culture and abnormie nerd culture. Normie nerd culture is the mainstream culture of today, which involves very little effort. All you need to do is watch nu-Star Wars, Big Bamg Theory and capeshit.

Abnormie culture is still very contrarian and requires a lot of autistic effort. Places like Sup Forums become containment sites for them, and they're still very anti-mainstream.

I create memes for breakfast kid. I mean something with merit, something worth something.

OMG a girl on Xbox!!!

Id throw robotics and electronics in their too. Not like "casual web browsing" electronics either. Me and a buddy spent a Saturday making an Airplay receiver out of a Raspberry Pi for my home network. 6 hours of setting up servers and troubleshooting code. It was totally worth it, but most women are not going to want to hang out and do that all day.

>women
>playing video games besides mobile "games"

remember when old people say that the best time in their live was when they were kids, with nerd culture you can have those best times as long as you want

SO
FUCKING
CLOSE

LMAO XD DA JOOOOOOZ HAHA WELL REDDIT'D MY FRIEND ROFL

You don't deserve those digits

Nerds spend quite a bit of money on the stuff they like, so appealing to it gets you a cut.

People realize that life truly ends once you reach adulthood. Everything after that is wagecuckery that can't reasonably be called living

>she's p-phony

I'd also add things like music production, TCG's to a lesser extent, and shit like pinball. Your Airplay project sounds like a good time.

Think of the most autistic things possible, and do those. They really are fun, and everyone that does them has a passion for it that is absent from mainstream nerd stuff. It feels more genuine.

substitute for a personality

Gross, Canada

It's an identity artificially created and subsequently pushed by marketing forces who realized they can get grown men to pay 500 dollars for statuettes of cartoon characters if they contextualize it as a lifestyle item

This. Everytime the acceptance within a social group is achieve through money spending, this social group is going to be pushed as desirable

A big, fat titted phoney

This

Women realized they could tap into the unlimited supply of beta orbiters occupying nerd culture to receive attention and favors, see Twitch donations.

They still only fuck Chad.

>LOL I played a video game and I'm a grill!!!

Fatass neck beards give them money for this.

Truly the end of Civilization

Autism. According to the CDC 1 in every 69 kids has a type of autism.

Sports is cancerous, lifting is good for you but the culture around it is cancerous

Everything has a fanbase and everything is cancerous, doesn't matter what you do.

All I saw reading your post was "69 with an autistic kid"

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk

Who's this? I'd find myself on her spectrum, if you know what I mean

Walk on over to >>/diy/ and start making shit

eskimo

They were conditioned as children to love it.

It's a Pavlovian response.

>"69 with an autistic kid"
seriously, what did he mean by this?

Jodelle Ferland

It's a way to spread propaganda and try and get people to best the Russians by making smart the new sexy. Which hilariously failed considering the average American is pretty retarded, the "nerd culture" gimmick is just a mask to drive more people into STEM related subjects so they can do like any good American will do and help contribute to the war machine to fight the evil communist Russia.

no, the new trend is to listen to hiphop and obsess about shoes

who is this goddess?

it's the new emo

Hiking is pretty based, haven't met any degenerates yet.

That's what Sup Forums is unironically about now. Hit the gym, join a sport and get married. Just because it's the contrary thing to do. Bless this site.

this

Guardians of the Galaxy from fucking Bendis

I'm mad

It's light hearted and fun and doesn't take life too seriously. Nerds are generally good people who are easy to get along with.

There's no Bendis there but still is the MCU synergy/shitty version of the Guardians

>beta orbiters

That's funny, because all the nerd girls I have met put out.

Maybe it's just you they reject.

>tfw live in the flat shithole that is the netherlands where every square inch is crammed with people
I want to go hiking, but I've got nowhere to go

It's been well marketed as a "niche" interest even though capeshit is now a billion dollar industry
It also helps that most nerd shit is written for someone with a 5th grade reading level, and as a result takes next to no effort to engage with

>dysfunctional Sup Forums tards will never have a fun, chubby, nerd girl with fat tits to fuck in her sweet ass like the good little chubby that she is.

You're missing out.

>Not a single DC comic
now that's a woman worth marrying

She is so THICC

>Extreme fandom may serve as a security blanket for the socially inept, who use its extreme structure as a substitute for social skills
>Extreme fandom may serve as a security blanket for the socially inept, who use its extreme structure as a substitute for social skills
This doesn't apply to normies as much, but it's a dead ringer for the reason why fandoms developed in the first place

Imagine being this fucking stupid.

>modern marvel
Nah, she isn't

If your fucking them then you aren't a beta orbiter you dumb cunt, but your inability to grasp a basic concept makes it unlikely your fucking anyone.

giv tinythicc gf

This.
The fact she is probably spending thousands upon thousands on shitty variants Marvel keeps pumping out really says what type of person she is.

What the fuck is her problem?

She was

All nerds ever do is consume.

They have no real hobbies, they don't create, they just consume and consume.

Create you own fictional universe, you tailcoat riding cumsuckers.

Pic related, its you in a few decades.

read books.

post more qts

Lazy assholes trying to justify their lazy, childlike existence.

Trains

#simonpeggwasright

stop white washing, hollywood

>My name is Gojria and I hate every single one of you.

welcome to social media

Agreed, I honestly don't get the big hype over modern superhero movies and I actually wanted more cape movies back in the early 2000's.
I remember people in 2008 making fun of how many superhero movies came out that year, though most of them that year were pretty good. I blame Joss Wheadon for making The Avengers.

There are some paths you should not even joke about.

Neither of these things are new. Although, everything must seem new when you're 15.

Get into fishing, only guys like it.

You could try noose hanging

>tfw the world has gotten so fucking bad that Sup Forums of all places has become one of the few corners of the internet left to spread traditional values
It's a funny world we live in

the fuck kinda belt is that

I've always wanted to ride a train and I feel like I've been missing out.

JESUS KILL ME