If you get rid of technology then doesn't another society get better tech and shoot you with it?

if you get rid of technology then doesn't another society get better tech and shoot you with it?

what's the end game of no-tech? live happily until sun explodes?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm
cyber.eserver.org/unabom.txt
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2000/06/harvard-and-the-making-of-the-unabomber/378239/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i want to meet hot alien babes. fly around the world in a day. and view spicy memes

too stupid to have a conversation that isn't about this retarded sham election?

yea dude i know. he's bretty smart but what did he mean by throw away computers and go back to foraging?

trying to give him the benefit of the doubt on this. anyone can answer?

Im taking this with a grain of salt. But do you actually have a source that he wrote/said these things? I find it extremely interesting

Yes, its a part of Industrial Society and Its Future

whole reason he blew people up wasnt to end the system by himself, it was to get people to read it

washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm

cyber.eserver.org/unabom.txt

or just wikipedia him to get a rundown of his thoughts on anarcho-primitivism

well that puts shit into perspective i guess.
Probably woulda saved myself five minutes.

you know what his anarcho-primitivism endgame was or if he had a plan for getting the entire world to throw away all their electricity at the same time?

His manifesto points out a lot of problems, and he's right, but doesn't provide much in the way of solutions. The truth is there is no end game and man will always be preoccupied with far off goals. Technology has only made them more complicated beyond "find food don't die".

You will never be happy. Stop trying and let despair cover you like a warm blanket.

What's wrong with the idea of living happily until the sun explodes? Does humanity need to survive until the end of reality as we know it?

>but doesn't provide much in the way of solutions
Not surprising. His and ours is a time of despair.
The Unabomber was born in the 50 where on US campuses was a moral crisis. On the one hand Positivism and the other a State imposed humanism.

Gen-Ed
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2000/06/harvard-and-the-making-of-the-unabomber/378239/
This is an interesting glimpse of how he was made.

>no solutions
typical. we need to bring back philosophy and logic

neither of us know that, but mankind might have a really good answer to that question in a billion years

same thing as libertarnism. Eventually a more technologically advanced civilization shows up and blows you the fuck out while turning your future legacy into slaves.

Wasn't he a self-hating autist who got mad because he tried to be a professor, but no one liked him since he was a weirdo?

Yeah, pretty much.

Also, humans can relive the joys of dying young, succumbing to the whims of infection and disease, and brutal, survival-at-all-costs lifestyles.

Sounds like utopia.

Technology is problematic because its development outpaced our ability to understand the ramifications/cope with its usage. This is a legitimate problem that more people should be discussing.

But "no-tech, back to nature" is the mumbling of insane people.

Fun Fact: My high school Calc teacher had two courses with Kaczynski as his professor. He loved to talk about this for some reason.

You obviously do not understand how libertarianism works, user.

that's my first thought but he's a bretty smart dude so i was just wondering if he addressed that issue in his manifesto

The end game is to escape the rat race that is modern civilization (things like career, money are only really required for ever increasing consumption of useless shit). Primitive peoples who still live in tribes have lower rates of depression and are happier despite violence and higher mortality rates than us pussified and neutered 1st worlders.

How do you measure this?

"are you depressed?" Y/N

>German humor
I love it, I really do

t. Russian
lmao

>if you get rid of technology then doesn't another society get better tech and shoot you with it?

Dead simple solution: just wreck silicon valley, or california in general, and small parts of india, and taiwan and singapore, and tel aviv, and palermo.

>what's the end game of no-tech? live happily until sun explodes?
No, live happily until a new hyper-elaborate civilization emerges.

I am not diagnosed as depressed. I'm not depressed.

Technology is part of the problem.
Truth is, spiritual health is the most important kind if health you have to worry about once you have dealt with the very basic bovine needs of food and shelter. This society is the proof of that, the rat race is starting to pay less and less now that we are destroying the last vestigial organs of traditional societies, family, community, church.
We're rich enough to distract ourselves with little temporal material frivolities(Sup Forums being one), and yet depression is widespread.

Modernity, with its materialistic view of man as an animal to be pacified with material wealth, is starting to show its true effects.

Even if you could force everyone back into primitive living, it would not work without a 90%+ population reduction worldwide.

The best thing you can do for uncle Ted is to go off-grid by getting solar panels or wind energy, and find some kind of job where you don't have to commute to a jew-cubicle every day (self-employed and not reporting taxes would be best)

Come to think of it. It's not all that unrealistic that humanity will be thrown back to primitive living, the light of which things are...

Do you ever wish for your existence to cease?

Is that your way of asking me if I'm suicidal? No, I'm not. Why do you ask? Do you? Need a shoulder to cry on?

>Why do you ask?
I thought you were talking about depression.

Libertarians are pretty pro-nuke, which should continue to serve as a strong deterrent for decades to come.

Humans were not made to type and drive. They were meant to hunt and run. Which even then isn't wholly true.

Humans are meant to create, use, and distribute tools. Wether it's spears for hunting or starships for exploring. The issue Ted is concerned with arises when humans have no drive to create, and when their living standards aren't up to par. Sitting for long periods of time is really unhealthy. Eating tons of refined carbs is really unhealthy. Spending all day indoors is really unhealthy.
And yet, these are all core tenants of modern living.

Bump